The Academy

JSmidt által

*Ranked 2nd in Work in Progress on 9 May* *Ranked 26th in Science Fiction on 21 May* Nicholas Stryder is fi... Több

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 (Final Chapter)
To My Readers....We Did It!

Chapter 16

389 56 3
JSmidt által

Chapter 16

After Nick and Keith had enjoyed their breakfast, Naomi was finally given the go ahead for the rest of the first years. Even though many of them finished the course within 10 minutes, because there were so many first years, it wasn't until lunch had come and gone that every student had finished.

"Man, I'm glad we grabbed something to eat." Nick commented to Keith as they waited for the last first year to finish. Keith had already warned him that they were going to go right into the second part of the proving, without stopping for lunch.

"I got your back Nicky, and don't you forget it." He supplied Nick with another of his seemingly infinite apples and headed towards the crowd of first years.

"Alrighty then, who's ready to start round two?"

"He really loves this part." Naomi appeared next to Nick, watching as the first years gathered around Keith.

"Apparently, aren't we just sparring?" Nick took another bite of his apple.

"More or less. You will each be paired up at random, winners will advance, losers will not. Based on how far you make it, as well as how your opponent does in the sparring, you will get the second score that will go into your final ranking." Nick felt Naomi's hand on his shoulder. "Place first here Nicky, and you're guaranteed top spot of the first years."

He touched her hand lightly and turned to look into her eyes. "I won't let you down Naomi." She smiled and nodded towards Keith. "He's about to pick the first two, better get over there."

Nick walked casually towards the group of first years, determined to win his matches no matter what. As he walked up, Keith seemed to have just finished, and his eyes met Nicks. Nick saw the fourth year wink in his way, a wicked smile on his face.

"Now that I've explained the basics to all of you, how about we get started with our first match?" His eyes scanned the crowd, but it was obvious he already had his two first years in mind. "How about we have Trent and Nick go?"

"I'll take a free win." Trent was already leaving the group of first years, smiling like Keith had just done him a great favor. Little did he know it was the other way around.

"Sounds good to me." Nick walked towards Trent and Keith, the first years snickering at him as he passed. Keith led the two of them to a large dirt ring, the other first years following closely behind.

"Alright, before we get started, I'm going to lay down a few quick rules." He smiled as he looked around at everyone. "First, because you are all Phys, you can obviously heal yourself of pretty much any wound." Nods. "As such, short of dismembering or fatal wounds, you're free to fight as you see fit, until your opponent either gives up, or falls unconscious." Trent took on a devilish grin after hearing this.

"Second, after you all get a taste of this fight, the rest of you all will be split into two groups, one going with Naomi, the other staying here with me. We will serve as the judges of your matches, and make sure nothing severe happens." He looked at Trent and Nick. "Ya'll ready to give us a good fight?"

"This fight was over for Nick the moment he stepped foot in this ring." Trent spit on the ground. "I'll show you why he doesn't belong with the Phys."

"A bit cocky, but I like your confidence!" Keith patted Trent on the back, laughing, though his eyes were on Nick, smiling.

"You ready for this Nicky?"

"Might as well get it over with." Nick was fighting to hide his excitement. As promised, Keith had gotten him his chance at revenge.

"Alright, each of you go stand in one of those smaller circles." There was a red and a blue one, each across from each other, at the opposite ends of the larger circle. The two quickly complied.

"Once I step out of this ring, you may start." And with that, Keith walked, agonizingly slow, towards the edge of the ring.

Show them your strength! Dagr was hovering above the ring, sending feelings of pride for Nick through their connection.

"You got it." Nick pulled in his power, wall already in place, ready for his fight.

The moment Keith was out of the ring, Trent rushed towards him. None of the first years knew he had his powers, so he simply stood there, watching as Trent approached. He was certain Trent was pulling in his full power, but he seemed to be moving sluggish. It seems Nick's training with Keith had prepared him a little too well for this fight.

Nick couldn't help but smirk as Trent neared. The first year stopped short of Nick, balled fist swinging in a long arch, coming for Nick's jaw. Had he not had his powers, he was certain such a blow would at the very least break his jaw and at most could kill him.

His rage boiled, and he let it free, losing himself in the emotion that had been growing for the past three months. He wasn't sure if his body was on fire from his energy, or his anger, but he used it. Without warning, Trent still moving sluggishly, Nick stepped forward, the move likely seeming like a blur to Trent. He left arm was up, blocking Trent's strike easily, and Nick raised his foot, smashing it into the first year's chest.

Trent was sent flying backwards, and Nick rushed after him. His increased speed let him catch back up with Trent in mid-flight, and he cupped both his hands together, crashing them against Trent's chest, sending him slamming into the ground.

The earth underneath Trent shattered, and Nick was on top of him, his fist driving straight towards the first year's face-

"-Nick!" His fist stopped suddenly, caught by Keith, and the rage flew from his eyes. "I think he's done man." Keith whispered, helping Nick to his feet.

Nick was still shaking as he let go of his energy and looked down at Trent. The first year was unconscious, blood trickling from his mouth, and pooling underneath his head. His chest was barely moving, and Nick realized he likely broke Trent's ribs and back.

"I..." Sickness flooded Nick with the realization that he could have killed Trent. He turned and walked out of the ring. The first years parted like water for him, their faces filled with fear and disgust.

He will be okay Nick. Dagr's voice was gentle, comforting.

"I could have killed him." How could he have let himself lose control like that.

He would have killed you, if you didn't have your powers.

"That doesn't make what I did right!" Nick had tears in his eyes.

Nick... Dagr seemed conflicted, and Nick wondered just what the dragon had seen in the past, that he was so quick to dismiss Nick's actions against Trent.

"Hey buddy, that was definitely quite the show." Keith was at his side, and Nick fought to hide his tears.

"Is he going to be alright?"

"Yeah, Phys are rather tough, you should know that after all the beatings I gave you." Keith was trying to cheer Nick up. "He was taken to the medical ward, he'll be good as new by tomorrow."

Nick nodded, unable to speak. Trent's broken body was still in his mind. "You know Nick, real combat isn't pretty." Keith's voice had suddenly become serious. "It's better you get over these sentiments sooner rather than later. The strong live to fight another day, the weak fall, that's how it is to be a Phys."

For once, Keith's eyes weren't smiling.

"But we are both students here...aren't we supposed to work together?"

"Is that why he turned off your alarm? Was that him working together with you?" Keith grabbed Nick by the shoulders, looking him in the eyes.

"Listen here Nicky. If it isn't clear by now, the other first years hate you. Now that you've shown your true power, they're going to hate and fear you even more. Forget them and strive to simply place first. You deserve to stand beside some of the upper classman here, not with the weaklings that are this year's lot."

"What do I do then?" Nick was searching for guidance.

"Crush them all. Make them understand the difference between you and them, and once you've beaten them all, I will introduce you to other Phys who are more your speed. Stick with me buddy, and I'll take care of you." He smiled and let go.

"Thanks for being there for me Keith." Nick's resolve was returning.

"Hey man, that's what friends do. Now let's get back to the fights. I look forward to you pummeling some more weaklings." He laughed and started walking away.

Nick found himself smiling as he walked back, a fire again rekindled within. He was going to make sure Keith got exactly what he wanted in his following fights.  

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

2.7K 161 33
|18X FEATURED| Daniel Matton wasn't ready for an adventure, not until 3023 sent him into space on a journey to prehistoric times. The prehistoric ani...
699K 18K 25
Harry is abused by the Dursleys, so Sirius and Remus come to stay with him in Hogwarts to make sure he's okay. He starts a secret friendship with Dr...
842K 12.6K 46
(Completed) -------------------- The story is beginning from year three at Hogwarts. You are a kind Slytherin girl and don't like Malfoy, because you...
6.9K 459 28
COMPLETE TRILOGY 🏆Wattys Award book 1 in portuguese version. Governing Idea: We will become them and then, they will become us. Trilogy story inspir...