Falling Through Portals

By Elizabeth_Lux

Portals are one of the most interesting travel agents in the universe. They can get you anywhere, anytime, an... More

Try Not To Be Burned To a Crisp
Swordsman and Demigod
Pendragons
To Soften the Hearts of the Wicked
Dragon and Rider
The Footsteps
Rumplestiltskin
Pirate's Life for Me
Destiny has a Sharp Sword
Tea Time at Midnight
The Institute
Death Games
Thread of Courage
Broken Body
America
Lord Perseus
Annabeth
Stepping on Toes
Scandalous Escape
Storm in Paradise
Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun
Shattered Glass and Broken Hearts
Comfort and Make-Overs
Suicide Jumpers
Be My Someone
The Chasm
Lorem
Blood in the Water
Cusp of Freedom
Dream or Reality?
Back in Enemies' Clutches
Rebellious Stranger
Identical
Hogwarts
A Normal Day in the Life of Percy Jackson
Harry Potter and the- wait thats Percy Jackson!
Postponed for the Day: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Thrown in the Dungeons
Coma Patient
The Queen
Out and About
"Sweet on America"
Ice Arrows and Squirtable Cheese
Funny Chapter Title (Laugh here)
Death by Griever
Robot Kidnappers
Trapped In the Maze
Welcome Hom- Back yeah that's what I meant welcome back
Keeli Yates
Let's Play With Sharp Objects!
Broken Showers and Drowning Maidens
Fall Out- Boy we are in trouble.
The Followed and The Dreamers
The Old Blankity-blank Hag
Why is Everyone Possessed?
Not the "T" Movie that must not be named . . .
Vampire Saga
Love Hurts-- don't try this at home
High Stakes
Everlark
The Guard and the Beautiful
Cat Eyes Bro-mance
Little Magic Here. Little Magic There. And Glitter Everywhere!!!
You think this is a Trap?
Ashes and Piles of Salt
I Know I shouldn't but- YOLO!
Darkness at the Fall
Clubbing with Demons and Sleuthing with Vampires
Pulled Apart
Lorem's Team- Assemble!
Avengers Vs. Militum
Lorem's Sacrifice
Christmas Onesies
Dart Guns over Coffee
Floating Around
On the Black Pearl
Master Games
Bad to Worse
Battle Under the Storm
Hiding in the Hills
The Not-so-Camp Half Blood
Knee Deep in Percabeth Sewage
Cuckoo For Coco Puffs
Hunted
Maz's Castle
The First Order
Percy Vs. Kylo Ren
JUST THROW ME IN THE LAKE
"Well hello there"
Clone Percy
Back in England
Uncle Sherlock
Yellow Graffiti
Open My Mind
Lover's Gaze
Poison
Star Eaters
The Dark Cloud
Dinner and Dresses
The Beginning of the End
Time and Relative Dimension in Space
Spoilers
Break My Heart Once . . .
Greymare
The Master
"Rose Tyler-"
Ten Roses and Eleven Rivers
Two Wives
Glowing Eyes
One Day It Might Glow
How to Save the Universe 101
Into the Belly of the Beast
WE ARE THE MASTERS
Betrayers, Rescuers, Myrters
The End
Epilogue
Author's Note
Five Years Later

Percy Falls

89.6K 1.8K 6.4K
By Elizabeth_Lux

Chapter 1

Percy had destroyed his enemies, saved the world countless times, and even walked the pit of hell.
And he decided that kind of hard core experience proved that he was the greatest magnet of trouble in the world. On the upside, it gave him more stories to tell than just about any mortal alive.

Percy Jackson was a demigod. Half human, half god. His dad was Poseidon, the god of the ocean. Along with some incredible powers, his heritage gave him bright green eyes, black hair, and control over water.

You know, the usual for a seventeen year old boy.

It only took six weeks after the War with the Giants to end and the Fates to ruin his life once again. Percy had figured by now the Three Fates made bets on which one of them could get him into the worst situation possible the fastest. And six weeks was definitely their personal best.

During the war, Gaea had released thousands of monsters and villainous mortals from the dead in her rising. The gods gave the fantastic little clean-up job of all these fiends to their sons and daughters, the demigods. They were sent out daily to clean up the mess Gaea had left behind. Both Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter were working around the clock to keep all hell from breaking loose. Again.

The destruction of Percy Jackson began when he and Annabeth tracked an immortal creature to a house in up-state New York, a destination that would haunt Percy until the end of his days . . .

********************

Annabeth walked with incredible softness on the pine needles. Her blonde hair was in a tight pony tail high on her head. Percy wished she was behind him so he could focus on the mission and not the way that her hair swished back and forth.

The weather was awesome. The sky was clear and the trees were still green from the summer sun. It would have been the perfect temperature for a picnic. But instead they were hunting monsters.

Percy stuck his hand in his pocket and uncapped his pen, Riptide. The pen transformed in his hand and grew into his perfectly balanced sword.

They neared the edge of a clearing and the trees parted to reveal an old farm house. It was a two story house painted an ugly light green color which had faded and tinged yellow from exposure. It had no windows from their side but a single door interrupted the expanse of the house.

As silently as possible they sneaked up to the door. Percy was lead and tried the door knob. It turned easily.

That was nice of the monster, leave the back door unlocked into its lair. That is a great sign.

He pushed the door open, wary of a trap that was sure to come.

Annabeth had her serious-battle-face on as she entered the dark house. Looking back and forth Percy searched outside for any threat before following behind her.

Inside it was entirely dark except for the glow of Riptide. The house smelled old and musty He walked slowly until Riptide's glow was reflected by a door. Percy grasped the handle of the door and opened it. Warily, Percy entered the main room. The room was brightly lit with gaping, curtain-less windows on either side of the room. Puddles of water under the windows were still there from rain the night before. The room was entirely empty except for a large chest. It was entirely bronze with many brightly colored gems in patterns wrapping around the chest.

"What the-" Percy started to say. Annabeth kicked him in the shin.

"Shh!" She whispered. "There could still be something upstairs!" Percy rolled his eyes. Now she was talking now too.

"I will check the rest here," Percy said now whispering, "You can check upstairs, holler if you see anything." she nodded and headed for stairs they could see through a doorway into a hall.

Percy checked each room down stairs. They were all the same. Empty rooms with wooden floors and the same ugly colored walls as outside. The only thing he had found of consequence was a pattern of scorch marks on some of the walls. Soon he returned to the first room with the jeweled chest. He eyed it suspiciously and then his curiosity got the best of him.

He knelt beside it and bent to unlatch it. The bronze of the latches looked freshly polished which was a stark contrast to the dilapidated house. Slowly and with great effort, Percy lifted the heavy chest open. The inside was lined with purple velvet.

Like the rest of the house it was almost empty. The exception was a small wooden box which in comparison to the huge chest was tiny. He reached down and picked it up. The box crumbled in his hands as if it was made of sand. His eyes widened in surprise. The sand fell away and dropped to the bottom of the chest. But what was left in his hands was a milky-purple pendent with iridescent blue lines in a random pattern around it. The pendent had an oval shape with a bronze setting. It was really cool looking.

Footsteps returned and he looked up to see Annabeth.

"There is nothing here, did you find anything?" she asked, her eyes landed on what he was holding, "What is it?"

"I have no idea . . ."

Her eyes were intently looking at the purple pendent. Percy loved it when she looked at things like that. It was as if he could see the gears turning in her head.

Annabeth looked beautiful. He couldn't help but notice how all the whispies around her head glowed gold in the sunlight coming through the window or the way her grey eyes matched the stormy way she looked when she was pensive.

She shook her head and said, "Seems whatever we were tracking got away."

"Except for whatever this is," Percy nodded to the pendent.

He handed it to her and she polished the smooth surface with her thumb. She held it up to the sunlight and the iridescent blue hues seemed to come out more pronounced. With a shrug she handed it back to him.

"Well let me iris message Leo to send someone with the new flying chariot to pick this up," she said motioning to the chest, "We need some new bronze weapons and I have a feeling that this is Celestial Bronze."

"Yea, I hope so," Percy said in agreement.

She turned too walked outside to give Leo an Iris Messaging.

Percy slipped the pendent into his pocket before following her out.

"It weird though, a huge house with nothing in it except that chest and whatever the pendent is . . . and the whole magic thing . . . strange." Percy said.

"Yes," she agreed and looked around, "If only the gods were a little less veiled when it came to these things."

Percy chewed on that. There was something unsettling about it all. He wasn't sure why, but a foreboding feeling came upon him as they left the empty house.

But it was nothing. Just a feeling. It couldn't mean anything. So there was a strange pendant taken from the abandoned house. So what? Who cared?

He had no idea how wrong he was.

That Pendant was more important than either of them could have known.

******************

Everything was as Percy left it.

Clarisse was shoving kid's heads into toilets, perfecting her swirly. Drew was trying to turn her fellow cabin mates against Piper unsuccessfully. Leo and his team were running back and forth from the forge and the cabins, fixing things and replacing things that were broken. The Apollo cabin was having a volley ball tournament with some of the other cabins and distracting people from their work, as usual. The Hypnos cabin was still asleep in their beds, because it wasn't 3pm yet. The Hecate and Athena cabins were working together to get a petition signed for a new library building. In the meantime Percy had caught some of them trying to stow books in his cabin since they had run out of room in their own cabins.

Kaia, one of the daughters of Athena, knocked on his door a week or so ago and asked if she could keep her trunk in his cabin. Percy remembered how confused he was. He definitely didn't want her coming into his cabin every time she needed to change.

"Kaia, don't you want to, you know . . . use it?" Percy said.

"Yes, but not right this minute, there isn't enough room under my bunk for it." Kaia said, totally not getting the message.

"Well what about when you need to. . . . Get changed?" Percy said. She frowned.

"What about it?" She said quizzically. Percy looked away in embarrassment.

"I don't want you coming into my cabin to grab all your clothes! It would be bad! Annabeth would kill me!" Percy said exasperated.

Kaia almost fell over laughing.

"Percy!" She said still laughing, "It's full of books!" She bent down, still laughing, and opened it. She wasn't kidding. It was all books. There was so many titles in all different fonts Percy's head hurt from trying to read it. His face went beet red.

"Oh."

Still laughing, she brought it inside and stuck it in the corner.

"Most of the books are Annabeth's anyways." Kaia headed to the door and waved at him, "Thanks Percy."

Percy could hear her laughing even with the door shut.

His face reddened at the remembrance of the conversation.

Pulling himself back to the present, he was just in time to hear what Annabeth was saying.

"I'll go tell the Apollo guys to get back to work if you promise to wake up the Hypnos kids?" Annabeth said sweetly as they stood by the big house.

Percy groaned, the last time he tried to wake them up, Clovis, the head of their cabin, sprayed him with a sleeping tonic. For the next week he had nightmares about world-dominating gummy bears that were trying to hug him. Nothing made Percy more uncomfortable then getting hugged by a giant gummy bear.

"Please?" Annabeth asked.

"Fine, but you owe me," he said. She gave him a kiss on the cheek that sent electricity through his blood stream, "debt paid," he said smiling. Annabeth laughed and walked down to the court where she began dispersing the boys with her authoritative gait. His eyes followed her.

Bad dreams and normal conversations with his girlfriend was an incredible gift.

No Titans trying to take over the world or nasty Giants trying to spill his blood- it was a good day.

Percy had settled into this new "Normal" like a second skin. But there was never a dull moment. From organizing games and the unruly cabins to planning for future homes for demigod families, his agenda was full. In almost everything, Annabeth was there to correct him and run calculations. They were a well-oiled machine.

Percy had never been happier.

Heading into the big house, Percy tried to find Chiron.

Chiron was in his compact wheel chair on the porch with Mr. D who looked as plump and irritable as usual.

"This is just horrid!" He heard Mr. D complain, "The fifth time in a row!"

"We could go for best out of eleven?" Percy heard Chiron say.

Mr. D threw his cards onto the table and mumbled something as Percy walked onto the porch. The wood creaked loudly beneath Percy. Mr.

D looked up at him.

"Perry Johnson, have you come to pester me today?" Mr. D asked.

"My pleasure as usual," Percy answered, "I am sure that you heard about what we found at the farm house?"

"Yes," Chiron nodded, "how peculiar, last I heard Will Solace had made it to the house and was bringing the chest back. Do you have the pendent?"

"Yes," he reached into his pocket and handed it to Chiron. He turned it over in his hand as he examined it. He shook his head.

"I have no idea what it is," Chiron said honestly. Mr. D reached over and took it from him and looked at it for himself.

"What do I do with it?" Percy asked.

"Put it in the attic, Perry," Mr. D said, tossing it onto the table before picking up his diet coke. He took a swig. Chiron looked at him and nodded in agreement.

Percy reluctantly picked it back up and headed into the house to go to the attic. It was just a creepy as he remembered. Stuffed heads, things in jars, and who knew how many relics from ancient days it reminded him of a mad scientist's lab, or maybe a taxidermist's. He shuddered and quickly put the strange pendent on a shelf next to some other rocks before going back down stairs.

After that, the day played out how it usually did. They ate lunch. He woke up the Hypnos Cabin and escaped before they could charm him again. He helped teach a sword fighting lesson to the Hermes cabin. The hardest part, trying to keep the Stols from stuffing ice cubes from the cooler down kid's pants. Percy handled it by dumping the cooler on their heads. Then Annabeth worked with him on the plans for the family cabins and let her fangirl to him about her most recent book series, The Hunger Games, which in all honesty seemed almost scarier than some of their adventures. Following dinner he walked the beach with Annabeth while watching the sun fall beneath the horizon.

"How are you doing Percy?" Annabeth asked, snuggling against him. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

"I am happy," he said smiling down at her. She looked up at him.

"Good," she said, "You deserve a little bit of happiness."

"Just a little?"

"Yes," Annabeth said fixing her eyes on the horizon, "too much happiness, Percy Jackson, and I think you could explode."

Percy laughed.

"Are you happy?" Percy asked.

"Let's see," Annabeth began, "We don't have entities who want to kill us at the moment."

"They must be slacking," Percy joked.

"Shh! They can hear you!" she laughed, "What else? We are at home, together. The camp is almost repaired from the battle. And we now have new friends across the nation."

"Anything else?"

"And, there is this guy I fancy who is finally at home, safe, and he is not too hard on the eyes," Annabeth said with a grin as she faced him.

Percy grinned down at her. The setting sun set her face aglow.

"He seems pretty great," Percy said.

"I think so," she said.

Percy leaned down and kissed her. Her hand went to his jaw line, pulling him down to her. Percy put a hand on the small of her back to keep her close to him.

His senses were lost in her. Her kiss. Annabeth. Every day it seemed too good to be true.

"I love you," he murmured.

"I love you too, Percy Jackson." She said.

After the sun went down, Percy dropped her off at her cabin, stealing one last kiss before they parted, and made his way back to cabin three.

Percy flipped on the lights to see his empty cabin. He looked around, he saw the gray trunk in the corner with piles of books all around it, his bed in one of the alcoves, and the glowing fountain in the middle.

He sat on his bed and was about to take off his shoes to go to sleep when he felt something heat up in his pocket. Percy frowned and reached inside his pocket to take whatever it was out. He gasped in surprise to see that it was the pendent.

How in the world . . .?

Before he could puzzle it out, the pendent became even hotter. Percy yelped at the sudden heat and dropped it.

When it hit the floor, the impossible happened.

The pendent sunk into the floor and a small blue circle appeared in its place. It began to grow and swell. The circle seemed to be alive. White lines mixed with light and darker blue shades moved and shifted. They created a funnel below him. At the center was a bright white light.

Percy was so stunned that he couldn't move. The floor around him turned blue with the changing stripes of light.

Before he could do anything, an intense pull from the center of the circle seemed to drag him towards the center. Percy desperately gripped onto his bed with all of his might to try to keep from falling in.

But it was no use. The center swallowed him whole. Gravity took hold of him as he was launched downward.

Percy screamed as he fell.

***************************

Traveling on foot was horrible, Aang thought.

Aang was not the average one hundred and twelve years old. He was a 112 year old with orange and yellow robes, a bald head, the looks of a twelve-year-old, and the added bonus of blue arrow tattoos on his forehead. More than a set of robes, Aang was the Avatar. He was the only person in the world who could control all four elements: water, earth, fire, and air. Or he would be once he got around to mastering all the elements.

Aang was with his best friends in the world who had left their homes to help Aang win the war against the Fire Nation (who had a nasty habit of trying to take over the world).

Katara was the glue that held them together. Her leadership and master water bending skills had saved them more times than he could count. Her brother, Sokka, was a strange guy. Hair pulled back into a ponytail and the power to make jokes out of almost every situation he was a key part in keeping all of them sane on this quest.

And then there was Toph.

Toph was a rough, tough girl. Even though she was barely twelve years old, she could strike fear into a man like no one else could. Most people only saw her as a helpless blind girl, but in reality, she was a fierce Earth bender who wouldn't think twice before crushing someone in a rock-a-lunch.

They had been traveling forever. His feet hurt and his mouth was dry. Aang was still reeling from losing his flying bison, Appa. The big furry guy had grown up with Aang and lived through all of their perilous struggles. After losing him to sand benders in the desert, it was a constant effort for Aang not to shut his friends out.

The four of them plus Momo, Aang's pet flying lemur, had been on the move for hours heading towards Ba Sing Se, A large Earth Kingdom city that hadn't fallen to the Fire Nation. It was also the last place that Appa could be.

Most of the day had been normal until he saw someone falling from the sky.

He heard the person screaming before he saw him. It had taken Aang a moment to realize that it was above them in the sky.

"It's raining men!" Sokka yelled, pointing helpfully toward the sky.

Aang took out his staff and tapped it into the ground, opening the wings that stretched out on either side. He hopped onto the glider and bent the air around him as he flew into the sky.

The boy was falling fast.

Aang came up under him and grabbed him from the air. The guy was much bigger and heavier than he had thought. He had to work hard to keep from losing control over the air. The guy stopped screaming and looked around frantically. Aang was glad he didn't squirm in his grip, otherwise, Aang would have probably dropped him. Carefully he headed back down to where his friends were waiting. Aang skimmed the ground and dropped the guy who landed in a roll. Aang dropped beside him and his glider returned to staff form.

Katara and Sokka and Toph ran towards them.

"Who is this?" Toph asked.

"The guy who fell out of the sky," Sokka told her.

"Yea, thanks Sokka, very helpful," Toph said to him irritated.

The guy rolled onto his back and groaned.

Aang walked over and knelt next to him. The first thing he noticed was the strange clothes he wore. They were nothing like the robes or shifts that were normal for the earth's kingdom. He wore some sort of top covering that was a faded orange with some sort of language printed on it and a bottom half-covering that was a blue fabric. He wondered what nation he was from. Aang guessed he was about five years older than himself.

The guy looked at them as if they were aliens. He rubbed his eyes and then looked at them again.

"Are you alright?" Katara asked.

"I am okay. . ." He muttered, "Um...where am I?"

"Outside Ba Sing Se," Aang answered. "I am Aang by the way." The boy regarded him.

"Thanks, for saving my life, Aang. Where is Ba Sing Sa? Is it somewhere in China?" The guy asked, shakily standing up.

"No," Aang frowned, ". . . what is China?"

The guy frowned running his hand through his hair, "What country am I in?"

"Like, what nation?" Katara asked, "You are in the Earth Kingdom. What's your name? Mine is Katara."

The guy still looked puzzled.

"My name is Percy Jackson." He said.

Aang had never heard of such a strange name. With his clothes and name...who was this guy?

"I am not from around here."

"That's an understatement," Sokka stated. "I am Sokka by the way."

"I am Toph." She said bluntly.

Aang inspected the guy. Percy was so much taller than Aang, he felt childish next to him. He looked over at Katara found her just about drooling over him like he was some exotic painting. Irritation itched him.

"Nice to meet you all." He said. Then he looked around, "No offense but, are you guys alone?"

"Yea, you're speaking to the Avatar, master of all four elements and his awesome team!" Sokka stated proudly. Percy had the nerve to laugh.

"Avatar? Like the blue people?" Percy asked.

"What?" Aang was confused.

"Never mind," Percy said dogging the question. "What's an avatar? And where are your parents?" he thought about that a moment but then said, "Actually forget that last question, I was on my own going across the nation at your age."

They looked at each other and frowned.

"I am the avatar," Aang said, he paused, Percy didn't respond, "the bridge between this world and the spirit world?"

"Spirit world?" Percy frowned, "do you mean underworld?"

"No, the spirit world," Aang confirmed. Percy frowned, apparently perplexed.

"Alright . . . massive headache just now." He shook his head. "So elements, you mean like gold and carbon and stuff?" Percy asked.

"What's carbon?" Aang heard Sokka whisper to Toph who just shrugged.

"...no, the four. Water, air, fire, and earth." Katara said.

"Oh...okay..." Percy walked a few steps away and then walked back, "just making sure, there isn't an United States on this planet, right?"

"United States? Um nope. I don't think so." Katara said. Aang was so confused.

"Okay. . . . Great...I am on a different planet." Percy ran his hands through his hair, "Annabeth is going to kill me."

Katara sat next to him and put a tentative hand on his shoulder. She looked up at Aang pleadingly.

"Other planet? What do you mean?" Sokka said. Percy seemed to be on the other side of the nation when he looked over at Sokka.

"I came from another planet." He rummaged through his pockets and a look of almost shock overcame him when he pulled out a stone, "I . . . this pendant thing took me here," his face fell, ". . . I have no idea how to get back."

Aang's head spun.

"You know, if you want, you can stay with us until you figure your pendent out." Katara offered.

Percy's face seemed paler than before. After a moment he seemed to register her words. Aang wanted to protest but then again this guy needed their help. Aang was the avatar, he helped people. Percy looked at her and then to the rest of them.

"Really?" Percy asked. Katara nodded. "Thank you." Percy stood up and brushed himself off. "Where are we headed?"

"That way," Aang pointed towards Ba Sing SA.

For a guy who had just fallen out of the sky, he kept up with their pace with ease. Every mannerism and phrase he used seemed alien. The way the others asked him about his planet didn't help this feeling go away.

"Is your family all there?" Katara asked. Percy nodded.

"Yea," Percy answered.

"Is it much different from this one?" Sokka asked.

"The planet?" Percy looked around for a moment, "Not really," Percy jumped when a bird-monkey flew past them in the trees. "Well except for the animals."

Momo, who had been asleep in Sokkas's pack, jumped out of the pack and glided over to Aang then landed on his shoulder.

"Woah, what is that?" Percy asked.

"This is my Flying lemur, Momo," Aang said.

"Awesome. I have never really had a pet before." Percy told them. Then he thought a moment before restating, "Well technically Mrs. O Leary is my pet, but it's hard to count a dog that's as big as a house."

"Strange," Aang said.

"What?" Percy asked.

"It was just a dog?"

"Yep,"

"Not a rabbit-dog, or a hog-dog, or a chinchilla-dog?" Aang questioned.

"Nope,"

"Maybe it was a moose-dog or an armadillo-dog?" Sokka interrogated further.

"Nope, just a dog," Percy said, "Well not really, but she doesn't have another animal mixed in."

"That's weird," Toph said after a moment. Percy only shrugged.

****************

Later that evening they set up camp and Katara was so bubbly Sokka had to ask her multiple times to see if she was okay. She nodded each time saying she was fine.

In reality, Katara was blown away by this man. He was definitely a man in her eyes. From the moment he landed in a perfect summersault on the ground until the two of them helped gather kindling, she couldn't take her eyes off of him. She was enticed by Percy's eyes and hair. Not to mention his strong muscles. He was tall and lean and every girls' dream.

She couldn't help but watch him.

Percy looked over at and caught her staring. He stood up and examined himself frowning.

"What is it? Is there a bug on me?" He brushed at his orange shirt. Katara wondered what the symbols meant.

"No, no I was looking at your shirt, the writing." Katara saved herself. "What does it mean?"

"Camp Half-Blood. It's a camp, obviously, back on my planet, that I live at." Percy said.

"Nice," she said moving closer to him. "Do you like it there?"

"It's my home," He said simply. He stared off into nowhere. "I just hope I can get back."

Katara nodded, even though it was a lie. Katara wanted him to stay. But at the same time, she watched the sadness in his eyes. She walked over to him quickly, but she tripped. Sending her sticks flying and she headed into the ground. But suddenly Percy was there. He caught her in his strong arms. Her heartbeat so fast she was afraid he would hear it. He had his hands on her shoulders keeping her from falling. Then he pushed her up so that she could stand on her own. Kitara blushed.

"Thanks." She looked up sat his eyes. They sparkled green in the setting sun.

"No problem didn't want you getting a face full of dirt." He chuckled.

Katara was frozen in place by his dazzling smile and sweet sense of humor. He bent down and picked up her fallen sticks and his own which he had dropped to save her.

"Let's head out," he said nodding back in the direction of the camp.

He started not waiting for an answer. She watched him go a moment before following. She really liked this guy. He was so chivalrous and kind. Not to mention handsome. Her heart fluttered as she remembered what his hands felt like on her shoulders.

They came back to the camp and saw that all the sleeping bags had been unrolled and the group was preparing food. Percy set down all the kindling and started setting them up in a triangle like the position for the fire.

"Is there anything I can do?" Percy asked. Sokka was in the middle of struggling with the flint.

"Are you a fire bender?" Sokka asked "because these rocks hate me," just a moment later another bird-Monkey passed overhead and pooped right on Sokkas's head. He angrily looked up at the sky, "REALLY?!?!" He dropped the flint and went to the stream to wash out his hair while he grumbled angrily. Toph was laughing.

"Correction: wildlife hates you," Toph said.

Katara smiled. Aang looked slightly put out. Katara walked over to where he was and crouched next to him.

"What's wrong?" Katara asked.

Aang looked at her and was about to answer but then just shrugged.

"Okay, but if you want to talk about it I am here." She said and went to go sit by the fire.

Percy had picked up the flint and brought a spark to life. This lit up the dry wood and they soon had a prosperous fire going. She let her eyes slip and stare at Percy. He looked troubled and unsure. She wanted more than anything to put her arm around his shoulders and tell him it is alright. She knew she couldn't though. Well, she actually could, but Katara wasn't sure.

They ate dinner and had a normal conversation, but Percy stayed silent. After all of the dinner had been cleared and the pots been cleaned, Percy stood.

"I think I am going to take a walk," Percy told them, "I need some time to think."

"It isn't very safe after dark," Katara informed him.

"I'll take my chances," he said with a smile.

"Don't be gone too long," Kitara said as he turned to leave the site.

The group was silent for a long time. Katara's thoughts swirled.

"Who do you think he is?" she asked as soon as he was out of sight.

"Is he as old as I think he is?" Toph asked.

"Probably," Sokka said.

"We don't know anything about him, for all we know he could be from the Fire Nation," Aang said.

"Aang!" Katara was surprised. Aang almost always saw the best in people.

"The kid has a point," Sokka said tapping his chin in thought, "He could be a Fire Nation spy. In the last town, I heard that some of them dressed weird."

"I can't believe you two," Katara said.

"Katara we have no reason to trust him. We just met him." Aang said defensively.

"Why would a spy dress differently if they are trying to blend in?" Toph asked.

"I don't know, ask the Fire Nation," Sokka shrugged. "Aang, don't worry about it, she just likes him," Sokka said with a little eyebrow wiggle.

Her brother picked up a rock and started making kissy faces with it. Aang and Katara both blushed bright red. Was it that obvious? Katara asked herself. She couldn't even make herself deny it.

Aang avoided eye contact.

******************

Percy ran. He ran as far away from the camp as he could get. He just needed to burn away his energy.

He felt so bitter. After being toyed with all his life, he deserved being able to live the rest of his life with Annabeth. He pictured her beautiful stormy grey eyes framed by her wavy blonde hair. He longed to hold her. He wished she was there with him. She would know what to do. She would look at the pendent and find a library to research it and they would go home.

But she wasn't there.

After running for what felt like hours, he slowed down and he fell onto his knees. He was out of any comfort zone that had ever existed in his mind. He had no idea who these people were, how he got here, how to get back, what dangers there were out there.

Percy needed a plan. He had to figure out how to get out of there.

Suddenly exhausted from the day of going to the house doing stuff at camp, coming here, and walking all day. He crumpled to the ground limp and fell into a deep sleep.

****************

Juan, a Fire Nation soldier, was on patrol of his encampment where they were gathering siege equipment for their bombardment of Ba Sing Sa. He was walking through the woods with fire live at his fingertips, making sure nothing was out of the normal.

Then his eyes caught on something a few yards away. Frowning, Juan walked closer and started when he realized what he was looking at. It was a boy lying face down in the dirt. He had been charged to take any suspicious people under custody.

Juan regarded the boy's clothes.

Strange covering, Juan thought.

Juan touched the boy with his shoemaking sure he wasn't awake. Then he got down and took his pulse. Alive. With a huff, he snuffed out his fire and with great effort, picked up the boy and slung him across his shoulders. He struggled with the boy's weight as he took him back to the encampment.

The commander would definitely want to see this one.

***************

Enjoying Falling Through Portals?

Check out Elizabeth Lux's new WEBTOON
Stolen by the Sea

If you like adventure, mermaids, and powers— you'll love this

Summary:

Everyone is familiar with stories of scientists and sailors capturing mermaids.
But what if mermaids stole unsuspecting humans from shore?
When 17-year-old Haylee is attacked by mermaids she will never be the same.
Stories tell of mermaids having supernatural powers when they come on land. But as Haylee will soon find out, humans aren't nearly as powerless as we first imagined...

(Stolen by the Sea is updated the last Sunday of each month)

~

Author's Note:

Hello!

My name is Elizabeth Lux and I will be your guide on this journey through time, space, and fandoms!

I hope you enjoy this book! It's the beginning of a long quest which will make his time in Tartarus look dull. So get ready and fall in deep with Percy before it is too late!

And if you enjoyed this, make sure to check out my new Website: ElizabethLux.com !
One-click and you will have VIP access to over 30+ never before published art pieces, by yours truly, and new blogs and short stories.

And here are some really awesome past covers/fan covers of this book!

^original cover

Thanks to everyone who contributed!
xXFishgirlXx VLBooks22 hazeIIvsque readingisapriority (and anyone else who has created canary for this book!)

If you make any fan art I would LOVE to see it! You can message me on my website or on Instagram @ elizabeth_lux_ with it if u want!

I hope you enjoy the story!

Make sure to Comment! And never forget to Vote!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

959K 16.5K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
2M 106K 62
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
107K 3.9K 35
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. โ” Lando Norris x Fem!OC ยฉ KissLeclerc , April 2024
189K 4.3K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...