Uncle Sherlock

Chapter 92

John had his mouth agape.

He had seen some astonishing thing while in the friendship of Sherlock Holmes, but nothing quite like this. . .

Greg Lestrade was trying to figure out where the three kids had come from but all John could do was watch Sherlock.

John had never seen Sherlock's eyes so wide. His mouth would move and no words would come out. He watched as Sherlock's eyes darted all over them. After a few moments, Sherlock was pressing his fingers against his temple and squeezing his eyes tightly shut. What could he possibly be deducting about them?

John saw three kids, close to adult age. They were all covered in dirt and scratches. Their clothes were a wreck. And even as John found more and more bruises and marks on their skin, none of them seemed panicked. Instead they looked confused. But the green eyed one played it off.

They had a mix of clothing from all different time periods. The girl with white hair, she must have been an anime fan of sorts, had a sparkling head piece that reminded him of the show that Mary watched on the weekends.

Downton Abby? Maybe it was from The Great Gatsby, but John was sure that it was a 20's style.

The boys wore a mix-match of all sorts of clothes. Ranging from old style cut suit jackets to modern running shoes. It was astonishing. Maybe they had raided a thrift shop?

John tried to zone back in on the conversation.

"-you are all doing," Lestrade demanded.

The one with green eyes, John remembered him saying his name was Percy, spoke, "Listen, I just lost a prized possession. I should probably be in mourning, not explaining why I fell through a roof."

The other guy face palmed.

"We are in a flat," John corrected. Everyone turned to look at him except Sherlock. John swallowed, "That," he pointed up, "Would not be the roof."

Percy blinked at him blankly for a moment before smiling.

"Now we are getting somewhere!" he clapped his hands together, "Listen we are new to town and the last time I was here I had some really great tea with some brown sugar in it." he looked at the white haired girl and then glared at the other guy, "Okay it wasn't the last time I was here, it was the time before that. The last time I was here we were pretty occupied." Percy sent a glare towards the other guy.

"I said I was sorry," the other guy said.

"No," Percy corrected, "No you didn't."

"Listen!" Lestrade yelled, "I need to take you in for- for falling in on a crime scene. I can't deal with this now!" he looked over at one of the cops, "Please escort them down-"

"No,"

Everyone froze and looked at Sherlock.

John could see sweat covering his face and a slight shaking of his hands.

"Are you okay?" John asked his friend, moving his hand to place it on his forehead but Sherlock shoved it away and stepped in front of the kids.

"These are my nephews and nieces from America," Sherlock blurted.

Everyone in the hallway did a simultaneous lift of one eye brow.

"I was supposed to-" Sherlock cursed, "to pick them up from wherever they are supposed to be picked up."

John cringed. Sherlock was beating a dead horse. What had he seen that could send him on this sort of a. . . John didn't even know what to call it.