Percy Falls

Chapter 1

Percy had destroyed his enemies, saved the world countless times, and even walked the pit of hell.
And he decided that kind of hard core experience proved that he was the greatest magnet of trouble in the world. On the upside, it gave him more stories to tell than just about any mortal alive.

Percy Jackson was a demigod. Half human, half god. His dad was Poseidon, the god of the ocean. Along with some incredible powers, his heritage gave him bright green eyes, black hair, and control over water.

You know, the usual for a seventeen year old boy.

It only took six weeks after the War with the Giants to end and the Fates to ruin his life once again. Percy had figured by now the Three Fates made bets on which one of them could get him into the worst situation possible the fastest. And six weeks was definitely their personal best.

During the war, Gaea had released thousands of monsters and villainous mortals from the dead in her rising. The gods gave the fantastic little clean-up job of all these fiends to their sons and daughters, the demigods. They were sent out daily to clean up the mess Gaea had left behind. Both Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter were working around the clock to keep all hell from breaking loose. Again.

The destruction of Percy Jackson began when he and Annabeth tracked an immortal creature to a house in up-state New York, a destination that would haunt Percy until the end of his days . . .

********************

Annabeth walked with incredible softness on the pine needles. Her blonde hair was in a tight pony tail high on her head. Percy wished she was behind him so he could focus on the mission and not the way that her hair swished back and forth.

The weather was awesome. The sky was clear and the trees were still green from the summer sun. It would have been the perfect temperature for a picnic. But instead they were hunting monsters.

Percy stuck his hand in his pocket and uncapped his pen, Riptide. The pen transformed in his hand and grew into his perfectly balanced sword.

They neared the edge of a clearing and the trees parted to reveal an old farm house. It was a two story house painted an ugly light green color which had faded and tinged yellow from exposure. It had no windows from their side but a single door interrupted the expanse of the house.

As silently as possible they sneaked up to the door. Percy was lead and tried the door knob. It turned easily.

That was nice of the monster, leave the back door unlocked into its lair. That is a great sign.

He pushed the door open, wary of a trap that was sure to come.

Annabeth had her serious-battle-face on as she entered the dark house. Looking back and forth Percy searched outside for any threat before following behind her.

Inside it was entirely dark except for the glow of Riptide. The house smelled old and musty He walked slowly until Riptide's glow was reflected by a door. Percy grasped the handle of the door and opened it. Warily, Percy entered the main room. The room was brightly lit with gaping, curtain-less windows on either side of the room. Puddles of water under the windows were still there from rain the night before. The room was entirely empty except for a large chest. It was entirely bronze with many brightly colored gems in patterns wrapping around the chest.

"What the-" Percy started to say. Annabeth kicked him in the shin.

"Shh!" She whispered. "There could still be something upstairs!" Percy rolled his eyes. Now she was talking now too.

"I will check the rest here," Percy said now whispering, "You can check upstairs, holler if you see anything." she nodded and headed for stairs they could see through a doorway into a hall.