Intern-ally yours

By burntpapers

As an intern you are literally at the lowest level of the Corporate ecosystem. And an important rule of being... More

1. Worst interview
2. Monday
3. Challenge Accepted
4. 2 Tango, 4 foxtrot.
5. A retreat.
6. Up to no good.
7. Bond
8. Work and Deliver.
9. Rendezvous
10 Wine.
11. Spilt wine
13. Keep up with him
14. From pink to black
15.Vanilla
16. Professor and student

12. Red party

1.5K 95 26
By burntpapers

The camera's had blinded me too much. My eyes had started to water from all the light and it was suddenly very nauseous. I heard my name being called out but it was all a blur. I covered my face with my hands while
I was whisked away.
I jerked my hand off and sat down on the nearby decorative stone bench at the door entrance.

"Hey are you alright?" Shaw bent over in front of me touching my elbow.

"Wow yeah I am fine. Just didn't know I was gonna be ambushed."

"It's just the beginning.Come on let's go."

I took his hand and we made it to the entrance.
We walked inside and my eyes went wide.

It was rich. Reality really rich. Everywhere... everything everyone.

The hall was flooded with respectable guests laughing, chatting, complimenting each other.
The waiters were serving appetizers and in the corner bar was open. The pillars were woven and draped over by velvet red and yellow fabrics.
Paintings hanging on the walls and head busts arising in the middle
A throne was definitely missing in the room.
Everything so grand and extravagant that I felt odd.

I turned Shaw towards me.
"I can't do this."

"What? Why?"
He frowned.

"Look at the people and look at me. I am like a toad. Let's get out of here."

"No you're absolutely fine. Don't get nervous. You're doing better than I thought you would."

"You're just saying that."

"I swear you're doing better. You have no idea."

"People are staring at me they'll find out."

"Let me tell you something Elysium." He leaned in closer. "You look beautiful and half of the people are either awed by you or jealous."
He breathed. My eyes blinked twice.
"Also you're my date they can't touch you."
He smirked.

"What should I say if someone asked me what do I do. I am just an intern...?"

"You're an apprentice of mine."
He winked.

"Huh? Okay." I rolled my eyes.

I was introduced to lot of people on the party. The conversations were pretty fine except I didn't understand half of it. There's one thing but if you nod and smile they will welcome it.

"I am blending in perfectly. I am on a roll. Lucky day."

"Yeah calm down."
And elderly guy was waving towards us and Shaw waved back at him.

"I am really hungry. Starving."

"Alright you go ahead have something from the buffet. I am gonna take 3 minutes with him."

"Okay.

I went towards the direction of buffet and scanned the food items. There were some items I couldn't recognize.
I almost tasted every item on the buffet which was kind of a bad idea because the dress exactly wasn't breathable.
I still went ahead with the chocolate cake and reserved a place for myself by the bust column watching the ongoing party.
Watching people mingle like that I wondered what it was like to do this everyday.
As I was finishing of the cake I felt a warm breath on my shoulder.

"How did you enter here?"

I spat out my cake causing two people to turn behind and give me a frown.
Holy shit it was Mr Cheekbone.

I turned behind slowly and man oh man he did look sexy and dangerously angry? I don't know..
He was in a shared black suit with a bow tie and engraved cuff links with a "V". Probably the most shiniest black shoes I have ever seen
If I bend down a bit more at a certain angle I think I could see my reflection.

"How did you know sir?"

"You're the only one who's hoarding the food here."

I kept my little tiny silverware spoon back on the plate. Embarassment does really kill your appetite.

"No go on you can have it. I see you are liking it here."

"Sorry lost my appetite after seeing you."

"What?!"

"Nothing."

"Alright."
He beckoned the server and that guy came in taking the plate away from me.
"You haven't answered my question till now."

I turned around to face him properly this time. His eyes were scanning me up to down. Those eyes usually gave the cold shivers but tonight they were different.

"Surprised aren't you" I smiled sarcastically at him.

"Hmm...Very surprised." He replied leaning onto me. I don't think we were speaking in the same context.
And my fingers weren't exactly listening to me dancing around dangerously towards him
What is wrong with me.

"Ah your presence can definitely cause me an itch." I started scratching the my backside of the palm.

"Likewise. But allow me." He took my hand and gently kissed it. I just noticed his lips are pink.

"What are you doing?"
I snatched my hand off.

"Well that was a poor attempt to flirt with me so I showed how it's done."

Well my dancing fingers. Seriously was I flirting? I don't think so.

"No I swear I had an itch. Look here."
I tried to show the red spot I deliberately made with my nails. We leaned into see it and our heads bumped. When we both looked up to each other we were close.
We were very close. Too close.
Definitely half inch close to kissing him. I gulped. He was seriously give me the dagger looks but not the angry ones something else entirely. What is happening?

"Oh my god where is he?" I had to get out of here before I was run-over my Mr Cheekbone. His cheekbones yeah....
Oh my god snap out of it woman!
I panicked really awkwardly that I ended up screaming Shaw's name and I think half of the hall went dead silent staring at us.

"She's drunk it's alright." He waved off.
People laughed in response. I was really embarassed and turned even more red than I was.

"What the hell?!" I whispered to him

"You're with Shaw!" He frowned at me. Ah the blazing anger look was back. He had really animated face honestly.

"Yeah he invited me."

"What? Why?"

"What do you mean what why? He called I came."
He looked confused and angry.
I think his nerve on head was about to pop and thankfully Shaw came right in.

"Hello Royce. Whoa calm down there you need drink."
Shaw came in to save me and took my hand.
Mr Veldon saw us holding hands in and he became red but then he calmed down for a split second

"Shaw I have something to talk to her."
He said.

"Well I think you can talk to her right here."

"Its about work."

"So?"

He suddenly took my hand which Shaw held and grabbed it really tight.

"Don't worry I will return your date back to you in 5 minutes." And he turned to leave dragging me across the hall.
People waited to greet him but he kept in turning them down rudely.
I apologized to them soon after.

We went out the hall and into the empty corridor we kept on walking.
I got tired of walking behind him and jerked my hand off.

"You just can't drag me out here without any reason!"
I almost fell back and he caught me again.

"You'll fall!"

"I don't care."
I twisted out my hand again. It had started to hurt.

"What are you upto with Shaw?" He started walking towards me.

"He needed company so I came along with him. What is so wrong with that?!"

"Well what kind of company exactly is it because you guys seem more than that!."

"We are friends!"

"Really?"
My back was touching the corridor wall and we were behind the protruding column. I was blocked always in front by his towering figure breathing heavily and in back the wall.

"Yes." I said softly. I saw something else in his eyes. I don't know why but I felt like I had to put him in ease.

"You're planning against me aren't you?"

"What the actual hell?!!! How can you be so self absorbed. I was actually having a good time before you came along!"
I screamed at him. I was about to cry my eyes were brimming.

"Tell me the truth!" He slammed his hand right next to my face and I flinched and whimpered. I had no space to cover my mouth. I was really scared of him now. Usually I challenged him but right now he was filled with rage.

I turned sideways I was crying already. Oh god why was he like this.
Why was he so angry all the time.What did I ever do?

"Please let me go." I begged.

He stepped back little disoriented
And I moved ahead to leave. I took one step ahead. He caught my hand and in one pull I was in his arm. I held onto him before I would fall.
He was breathing into my hair and then pushed me away and walked off.
I was barely breathing.

One would say he was really mean but I saw something else as my weak heart started falling for him.

*Author's note*
Hi guys been a while. I hoped you like this hot chapter and there will be more.
Let know!! Vote comment and share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 1K 35
"Are you stalking me?" His deep voice asked. "You wish, that would mean I actually thought about you enough to wonder where you are." I looked away...
415K 13.4K 41
"Come back, Ava. Why did you leave me?" He said looking deep into my eyes. "After what you did, no one can come back to you!" I shook my arm forceful...
9.5M 309K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
142K 5.6K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...