12. Red party

The camera's had blinded me too much. My eyes had started to water from all the light and it was suddenly very nauseous. I heard my name being called out but it was all a blur. I covered my face with my hands while
I was whisked away.
I jerked my hand off and sat down on the nearby decorative stone bench at the door entrance.

"Hey are you alright?" Shaw bent over in front of me touching my elbow.

"Wow yeah I am fine. Just didn't know I was gonna be ambushed."

"It's just the beginning.Come on let's go."

I took his hand and we made it to the entrance.
We walked inside and my eyes went wide.

It was rich. Reality really rich. Everywhere... everything everyone.

The hall was flooded with respectable guests laughing, chatting, complimenting each other.
The waiters were serving appetizers and in the corner bar was open. The pillars were woven and draped over by velvet red and yellow fabrics.
Paintings hanging on the walls and head busts arising in the middle
A throne was definitely missing in the room.
Everything so grand and extravagant that I felt odd.

I turned Shaw towards me.
"I can't do this."

"What? Why?"
He frowned.

"Look at the people and look at me. I am like a toad. Let's get out of here."

"No you're absolutely fine. Don't get nervous. You're doing better than I thought you would."

"You're just saying that."

"I swear you're doing better. You have no idea."

"People are staring at me they'll find out."

"Let me tell you something Elysium." He leaned in closer. "You look beautiful and half of the people are either awed by you or jealous."
He breathed. My eyes blinked twice.
"Also you're my date they can't touch you."
He smirked.

"What should I say if someone asked me what do I do. I am just an intern...?"

"You're an apprentice of mine."
He winked.

"Huh? Okay." I rolled my eyes.

I was introduced to lot of people on the party. The conversations were pretty fine except I didn't understand half of it. There's one thing but if you nod and smile they will welcome it.

"I am blending in perfectly. I am on a roll. Lucky day."

"Yeah calm down."
And elderly guy was waving towards us and Shaw waved back at him.

"I am really hungry. Starving."

"Alright you go ahead have something from the buffet. I am gonna take 3 minutes with him."

"Okay.

I went towards the direction of buffet and scanned the food items. There were some items I couldn't recognize.
I almost tasted every item on the buffet which was kind of a bad idea because the dress exactly wasn't breathable.
I still went ahead with the chocolate cake and reserved a place for myself by the bust column watching the ongoing party.
Watching people mingle like that I wondered what it was like to do this everyday.
As I was finishing of the cake I felt a warm breath on my shoulder.

"How did you enter here?"

I spat out my cake causing two people to turn behind and give me a frown.
Holy shit it was Mr Cheekbone.

I turned behind slowly and man oh man he did look sexy and dangerously angry? I don't know..
He was in a shared black suit with a bow tie and engraved cuff links with a "V". Probably the most shiniest black shoes I have ever seen
If I bend down a bit more at a certain angle I think I could see my reflection.