Keys To My Heart {G. WEASLEY}

By TheShadowOrchird

Lucinda Sparks, a pure-blooded witch that had fell in love with George Weasley. Not to mention she was a weir... More

disclaimer + prologue
(Chapter 1) Muggle school
(Chapter 2) The Letter
(Chapter 3) Diagon Ally
(Chapter 4) The Wand
(Chapter 5) New Friend
(Chapter 6) Hogwarts Express
(Chapter 7) The Sorting
(Chapter 8) Midnight
(Chapter 9) Classes
(Chapter 10) Flying Lessons
(Chapter 11) Halloween
(Chapter 12) Quidditch
(Chapter 13) Christmas
(Chapter 14) The Mirror
(Chapter 15) Norbert the Dragon
(Chapter 16) Unicorn Blood
(Chapter 17) End of First Year
(Chapter 18) Hatch A Plan
(Chapter 19) Flourish And Blotts
(Chapter 20) Car Crashed
(Chapter 21) Mandrake Repotting
(Chapter 22) Lockhart's Vain
(Chapter 23) Blood Message
(Chapter 24) Tampered Bludger
(Chapter 25) Dueling Club
(Chapter 26) Hazel's Mother
(Chapter 27) Christmas Letters
(Chapter 28) Look Alike Diaries
(Chapter 29) Valentines Day
(Chapter 30) Petrified Friends
(Chapter 31) Comforting Friends
(Chapter 32) End of Second Year
(Chapter 33) Pet Rabbit
(Chapter 34) Dementors on the Train
(Chapter 35) Divination Madness
(Chapter 36) Boggart Lesson
(Chapter 37) Halloween Hogsmeade
(Chapter 38) My Fault
(Chapter 40) Hazel's Problems
(Chapter 41) Extra Studying
(Chapter 42) A Different Rejection
(Chapter 43) Ordinary Summer
(Chapter 44) Triwizard Announcement
(Chapter 45) Entering Names
(Chapter 46) Four Champions
Lets finish this, one last time.
(Chapter 47) Familiarity
(Chapter 48) Place Your Bets
(Chapter 49) Assignments And Hogsmeade
(Chapter 50) Preparations
(Chapter 51) Yule Ball pt.1
(Chapter 52) Yule Ball pt.2
(Chapter 53) Yule Ball pt.3
poem + epilogue
afterword

(Chapter 39) Let's Prank

1.2K 45 9
By TheShadowOrchird

On the first day of Christmas holidays, I woke up to an empty dorm. I remembered that Pansy, Hazel, and Millicent had all gone home for the holidays, while I had to stay because Mum and Dad have work, and could not provide much time for me. I wasn't particularly happy because I was practically the only Slytherin who didn't go home for the holidays. Leaving the whole dormitory to myself, which was one of the only upside to my situation. 

Aside from that, George seemed to be giving me the silent treatment. When I tried to casually talk to him, he brushed me off like I wasn't there. I'd decided to ignore him too, and leave him alone. Fred had been more nice, and assured me that George was making a fuss out of nothing. 

I couldn't read George's mind since he never looked at me, never focusing his eyes on mine long enough, always looking away like he's seen a total stranger. 

Sullen-faced, I reluctantly got out of bed and washed up in the bathroom. After that, I got dressed in shorts, a dark blue jumper, and boots, despite the cold weather and snow. I put on my cloak and took a neatly-wrapped parcel from my nightstand. 

After breakfast in the Great Hall, I headed to the Owlery to deliver the parcel. 

"Miss Sparks," a voice rang from behind me, I halted in my steps and turned around. It was Dumbledore in his silvery blue robes and a new hat. He handed me an envelope with the Ministry seal on it. "Would you mind bringing this our dear friend, Hagrid?" 

"Of course not Professor," I replied, replacing my sullen look with a smile. "I was just heading down to the Owlery. Is this about Buckbeak, Sir?" 

Dumbledore nodded, giving me a tired smile. "Thank you, Miss Sparks, have a wonderful holiday." 

"You too, Professor." I turned back to the corridor. 

As I walked down to Hagrid's hut, which was on the edge of the Forbidden Forest. Curiosity got the better of me, I carefully opened the letter and scanned it through, gasping as I finished. Resealing it as I arrived at the steps of Hagrid's house and watched Buckbeak with pity, before knocking on Hagrid's door. 

The door opened, revealing a cheerful looking Hagrid. He looked at me in surprise. "Oh, 'ello Lucinda, haven' seen yeh fer a long time." he smiled and noticed the letter in my hands. "What's this?" 

I gave him an apologetic expression, and handed him the letter. "Erm, Hagrid, Professor Dumbledore told me to give you this- I'm really sorry." I fumbled with my words, not wanting to break it to him bluntly. "Have a nice holiday." 

He looked at me, confused, and nodded, slowly realizing what the Ministry seal meant, and what the letter would be about. He sent me a nod before closing the door I walked away as quickly as I could, continuing my way to the Owlery. 

I found Ginger snacking on a mouse in the back of the Owlery. Sighing, I held the package in front of him, and tied it to his leg. Satisfied with the knot, I petted Ginger on the head, telling him where to go, he nipped my finger affectionately before flying away. 

Someone cleared their throat behind me. "Hey," 

Surprised, I turned around and my face broke into a grin. "Fred! What're you doing here?" 

He rolled his eyes, and held out an envelope, "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm sending a letter!" 

I laughed, "I meant who're you sending it to?"  

"Mum and dad. Who are you sending your package to? A friend in your muggle school?" he gave the letter to Errol and sent him off. 

"Muggle friend?" I rolled my eyes at the thought. "Of course not. I went to Harry's school before coming to Hogwarts, people tried to avoid us as much as possible, they hated us, let alone make friends with us. Those muggles were horrible." 

"Really?" he asked incredulously. 

"Yeah, kids at my old school used to bully me and Harry, freaks they called us, so I started getting physical with them if they won't leave me alone," I said to Fred, and he laughed. 

"Of course you did, wouldn't be surprised." 

I grinned a little and continued, "They just tattled on me, so I always got detention. Once, I called the teacher a muggle, and she didn't know what it meant- probably thought it was a curse word- anyway, she sent me to the principal." I sighed, and Fred doubled over, laughing. 

"What was your principal's reaction?" 

"Her name's Ms. Scott, she's Hazel's mother, she knew about magic, she was only principal for a short time before she apparently got sick- never mind." 

Fred nodded, "Say, Lucinda, why don't you join me and Georgie for a prank tomorrow, you have time?" 

"I would love to, but George may not be too happy," I replied, shrugging. "You know that he wouldn't even look at me." 

"He'll be fine with it, he's just fussing around, " he waved off. "Plus, you two need to start being friends again." 

I pondered about it for a few seconds. "Alright then," I agreed. "What do you need me to do?" 

"Just bring some of your ink bombs, wait, make that a lot," said Fred. "Meet us before six o'clock at-" 

"What's taking you so long, Fred?" George entered the Owlery and froze when he saw us. 

"I already sent it, I was just talking to Lucinda." Fred then glanced at me apologetically. "Sorry, I have to go. See you tomorrow." 

"It's fine," I avoided George's eyes as Fred left, George stayed behind long enough to roll his eyes at me. 

"What's his problem?" I muttered angrily to myself. "Did I make him hate me?" 

. . .    

I awoke early on Christmas morning to find Ginger pecking me on the head. Groaning, I ignored his attempts and turned away from him, pulling the sheets over my head. Finally fed up, he flew to the small pile of presents, took a heavy parcel, and dropped it on my head. I let out a painful groan and rubbed the side of my face before sitting up. 

I threw Ginger the best glare I could muster in the morning before unwrapping the parcel. Mum and Dad had gotten me a few ink bottles, a white jumper, and a few dresses that I knew Mum had picked out. 

Ginger dropped the rest of the presents beside me, then was perched on the lamp by my bedside. 

I picked up the gift that had Hazel's neat handwriting on it, which turned out to be a beautiful eagle feather quill. I quickly tore open Pansy and Millicent's presents; a few scrolls of parchment.  

I picked up the last present, a small box tied with a red ribbon and a note;  

Sorry for my attitude, Happy Christmas!   

I guessed it would be another charm for my bracelet. I got out of bed, opened up my trunk, and peered into it. Shoving aside a few items, I pulled out a silver bracelet with a small heart padlock, with a small charm that was a broomstick. 

I untied the ribbon and opened the box; it was a silver teacup charm. I smiled and hooked the small charm onto the bracelet as a burning curiosity bubbled up inside me. 'Who sent it? Must be the same person for the last two years', normally I would go investigating, but there aren't many clues in this case.  

However, a small part of me secretly wanted it to be George. Yet I could list all the reasons why he wasn't the one who sent me a gift every year. One, I'm a Slytherin; Two, I'm not friendly towards most people; Three, I made George hate me; Four, I'm on the Slytherin Quidditch team; Five, I'm peculiar; Six, I'm- 

Ginger let out a loud hoot, dragging me out of my thoughts. I stashed away the gifts along with the bracelet back in the trunk, I was never the one to wear any jewelry, which was one reason why I gave Hazel the key necklace to my mother's diary, the other reason was that I took off the lock. 

I took my time in the bathroom, then I took off my nightgown and put on the white jumper, trousers, and brown boots. 

"Come on, Ginger." I called out to my owl, who hooted in response and took his place on my shoulder. He nipped my cheek affectionately, I grinned at him before slipping my book bag over my shoulder; It was filled with the ink bombs that I have not used yet.  

I walked out of the empty common room with Ginger perched on my shoulder. Walking down the corridors I hummed a small tune to Ginger, who seemed relaxed at the sound of my voice. 

I turned to corner and made my way to the Great Hall, where Fred and George stood to the side of the double doors, whispering to each other. Ginger flew off my shoulder and out of the castle, probably settling down at the Owlery. 

Fred looked up and waved to me enthusiastically. "Lucinda," 

I waved back with a smile, "Hey, Fred, George." 

George awkwardly nodded and casted his eyes away from me. 

Fred sighed at both of us then said, "Let me out this straightforward, this prank is for you two to bond, now come on and let's go make Filch angry." 

George cracked a smile at Fred, then nodded and turned to me. "Come on, we don't have all morning." he said as Fred took the lead and walked down the hall. 

The dreadful feeling in my guts dropped. Nodding, I skipped to George's side and threw him a grin, he smiled back and surprisingly didn't blush like I thought he would, like he always did. 

As we walked down the empty corridors we kept a listening ear on footsteps, and an eye on the snoring portraits, they have not yet to waken which was a relief. 

I stopped walking and peered from behind a corner, seeing if Filch is coming so we could put the prank into action. Fred and George peered down the other corridors. 

A figure was walking down the hall. "Filch is coming," I told them in a hush voice. 

Fred quickly took the bag from my shoulder and drew his wand from his pocket. He whispered the levitation charm and we watched as the ink bombs float out of the bag and levitate to the ceiling. 

I grinned, "We're dropping this aren't we?"  

"Right you are," George said, smiling, he took the now empty bag and ushered me behind a nearby pillar. Fred quickly joined us behind the pillar, his wand was steadied in his hands as we peered behind the pillar and waited for Filch to come. 

"I hear his footsteps," whispered George, his eyes were concentrated on where Filch would eventually walk, "Wait for my signal, Fred." the footsteps were getting louder and louder, we were all getting more excited by the second. "-and now!" 

Fred lifted his grip on his wand, the ink bombs dropped right on Filch. A loud explosion was heard, "That was wicked!" I gasped once the explosion was over, George smiled at me and rubbed me on the head, messing up my hair, but I didn't mind. 

The sound of many footsteps could be heard along with frantic calls. 

"What has happened here!" the curt voice of McGonagall made us start laughing quietly. "Mr. Filch, would you care to explain what has happened here? At six in the morning." 

Suddenly the shadow of a looming figure could be seen from behind us, we all stopped laughing and slowly turned our heads around, a rather horrified expression was on our faces. 

An angry scowl was on Snape's face, without any words he dragged us by the back collars of our jumpers. 

"Found these three hiding behind a pillar," Snape said to McGonagall, a sneer on his face. 

"Weasley!" Filch pointed an ink covered finger at Fred and George, then at me. "And you! That girl who broke a jug of pumpkin juice last week!" 

"He still remembers that?" I muttered to Fred, he shrugged in response. 

"Mister and Mister Weasley, and Miss Sparks," McGonagall pressed her lips into a thin line. "I'm very disappointed in you three, up early in the morning and breaking the rules on Christmas day. Covering up the entire corridor with ink!" she gestured to our surrounding, which was once a sandy colored stone, now all black thanks to the ink. 

"C'mon, what did you expect from us?" said Fred jokingly, elbowing George playfully on the shoulder. "Isn't that right?" 

McGonagall turned her gaze towards me. "Miss Sparks, I certainly didn't think you'd be involved with their antics." 

I shrugged and gave her a sheepish smile. "Well, I think I got myself involved in several more." 

"Right you are," George muttered to me. 

I felt my face redden, I looked down and avoided the smirk that had made its way onto George's face. 

Snape let go of our jumpers and stood by Professor McGonagall. "That shall be detention for the three of you," McGonagall added, "And minus ten house points, each." 

"Thought it was going to be fifty or more," George whispered to us. 

"Same," Fred and I whispered back. 

_____________________  

A/N: so this chapter took quite a long time to write, sorry about that, but I swear it's because of school and procrastination. Thanks to those who reads this fanfic.  

Please vote, comment your opinions, and share with people who you want to share this with.     

(〃^∇^)ノ BYE  

(¬‿¬) MY  

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ SPARKLING  

✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ FLOWERS 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350 11 17
Lucinda grew up alone from ages 3 to 11. With the death of her mother when she was young. She was left to live isolated with only her sister and grie...
141 1 19
Scarlett Diggory was an ordinary Hogwarts student, well, as ordinary as you can be with the Golden boy of Hogwarts as your twin brother. She was smar...
1K 34 34
Tell me who I am, guess I don't have a choice. All because I liked boy. - Ellie Lovegood struggles with her past; she can't seem to forget about the...
12.5K 778 72
Y/N is a gifted Hufflepuff witch, the best in her year. She was a hatstall . She is a muggleborn. Cedric and her are chilhood bestfriends and are ins...