The Assistant

By artifcatious

Evelyn, a 22 year old woman full of youth, and beauty. She was once jobless before she got hired to work for... More

i n t r o
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
s t e l l a
f i v e
s i x
j a x
s e v e n
e i g h t
a x e l
n i n e
t e n
a u t u m n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
authors note!!!
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x (special story)
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y - o n e
f o r t y - t w o
f o r t y - t h r e e
f o u r t y - f o u r
special chapter (requested)
f o u r t y - f i v e
f o r t y - s i x
f o r t y - s e v e n
f o r t y - e i g h t
f o r t y - n i n e
fifty
f i f t y - o n e
f i f t y - t w o
f i f t y - t h r e e
the sequel!
Hii
Disclaimer

o n e

50.7K 1.2K 142
By artifcatious

"Yeah, no sorry Evelyn. You're fired." My boss, Raquel blankly tells me as I stare at her dumbfounded, and expressionless.

"You're kidding me right?" I ask carefully as i stand scared for my life in her office.

"No, you're constantly late and when you do show up you don't do anything." She states with a sour look on her face and I pout.

"I do work." I complain once again terrified for my life.

"Leave now or security will escort you out of the building." Raquel says blankly and my jaw drops.

"You know what? Your magazines suck anyways. I never get any appreciation here. I'll go somewhere where they actually appreciate my work." I gasp angrily clenching my fists, about to stomp away.

"Good, that building across the street is hiring, go see if they care since I don't. Maybe you'll get fired there too." She states in a smart tone and I stand there stunned.

This middle aged woman...how dare she insult me. Although I tried as hard to intimidate her, my petite look doesn't exactly suit scaring her until she has no choice but to rehire me.

Instead of entertaining her even more, I give one hell of a mean glare and stomp away clutching my belongings in one arm.

I press the elevator and it opens quickly for me, stepping inside quickly as I see people walking towards the elevator.

Me being me and being in a terrible mood, I decide to press the close button quickly and the elevator speeds down to the lobby where I walk out with a smile, trying to hide my sadness and how disappointed I am.

I find my car and throw my belongings into it, I decided since today was such a rough day. I need coffee and there's one right next to the Dillinger Corporate building. I've always never been fond of that business because they tried to sell out Raquel's business but now that I no longer work there I have no reason to help them out.

I walk right pass the building and a flyer catches my eye, causing me to turn back around.

"Hiring now, looking for hard working individuals. 20+ years and older." I scan the flyer cautiously and look around suspiciously.

I might be betraying my ex company with their rivals but I could care less now.

I walk inside, and look around in the lobby which is enormous. I spot a giant silver, probably diamond chandelier by the way it sparkles, and the white flooring and grey walls. I've never seen a building look so modern and elegant, and not to mention extremely tall. Apparently there is 36 floors, on the 36 floor there is the penthouse where the CEO stays and works and I definitely believe it now.

I see a snobby middle aged woman look up from her desk while I was too busy gawking at this outstanding building.

"What's with middle aged women always giving me dirty looks" I think to myself clearly annoyed.

I put on my fake 'friendly' smile as she greets me impolitely.

"Excuse me miss, do you need something?" She sighs rudely, I shoot her a confused look abruptly looking at her straight in her eyes.

"Yeah I do, you guys are hiring. Can I have more information?" I shoot quick witted, as she leans forward towards the desk.

"Hm you? hired here?" The woman snorts presumptuous, my face drops an instant I hear those words.

"Yeah. I want to work here, give me information or I'll ask for your boss to give me the information." I blankly say, giving her a smile.

"You wouldn't fit in here that well..." She remarks tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Good, I don't plan on being like everyone else here. Especially you, you're a rude employee." I comment back crossing my hands on the desk.

The woman rolls her eyes and hands me a packet, I swiftly grab it from her hands and observe it carefully.

I take a pen from her desk and guide over to a seat, swaying.

I sit down and look at these pathetic questions, which not to mention are clearly made up in less than 5 minutes.

'What qualities do you have that make you hard working and intelligent?"

"Age, DOB."'

"How did you know of Dillinger Corporations?"

"Spot applying for."

"Would you be interested in being an assistant? Requires one on one interview."

"Email, and Phone number."

Why in the world.

I answer these questions and go back to the desk where the woman is clearly giving me a very clear, vile look.

I show up the application and I watch her closely as she turns it in the CEO's mailbox.

"You'll know if we want you back in 2 days." The woman returns back to her computer and i show her one last smile, walking out of the building.

That woman was so rude, I wonder in situations like this where their bosses are.

Just as I thought, a black SUV pulls up to the building and i turn curiously as some tall, lean but muscular man, steps out of the car in a suit. His blue eyes sparkled which captivated me to continue.

I am about to turn away when my eyes are glued to him, he turns his head and makes direct eye contact with me.

I look away nervously and slowly comprehend what just happened.

I'm almost positive he is the CEO, due to the body guards and representatives he is walking in front of. I know I would most likely not be able to even talk to him if i worked there, which doesn't shock me at all.

He's filthy rich i'm sure, and i'm just normal.

I watch him walk into the building as his security follows, plenty of people surrounding his presence yelling for boss.

That must be him. I decide to go back to my car, exhausted and a bit of anger is still sitting in me still from getting fired.

I decide to skip out on that coffee and go back to my studio apartment.

I get in my car jamming to sad music, because I enjoy making myself feel like a mess.

By the time I arrive home it is already nighttime due to sitting in New York traffic.
I walk into the lobby of my complex, passing my favorite woman, Harper who works at the front desk.

"How was work, Evelyn?" she asks me with a soft smile and I walk past the desk.

"Uhh well... I was fired today." I hesitantly say and she bulges her eyes.

"Forget I even asked." She shoots me a disappointed look, and I just look down embarrassed.

I open the elevator and go up to the 16th floor where my apartment sits, empty and waiting for me.

I watch the numbers rise to floor 16 and get out, walking down a very long hallway.

I finally make it into my apartment and I kick off my shoes exhaustingly, take off my jacket and I hear my laptop go off. My head shoots in the direction to the living room and i walk over to the screen now lighting up.

I open my email and my eyes bulge.

"Dillinger Corporations." It read on my screen and my heart pounded nervously.

Oh no, this is it. I'm not gonna get the job.

I open it and begin to read quickly.

'This is Cassius Dillinger, the CEO of the company. I was informed with information earlier this evening that you had applied for a slot as my assistant. Come to my office early in the am for the interview, if not notify me that you cannot make it. I don't want to sit here waiting.' I read and make a very annoyed face.

No really who does this man think he's talking to, even though this is through email I can tell this man is filled with an attitude and is gonna be a handful.

I roll my eyes and begin to type back, tiredly.

'I have no time to waste either. so i'll be there.' I type confidently and send the email. I quickly shut my laptop, go into my room and sink in my bed.

I try to keep my eyelids open although they're getting extremely heavy. I can't help but doze off into a deep sleep as my life depends on it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 2.9K 20
Elle Williams was searching for a new start. For years she trained at the top, securing her place in the Swimming world championships and going on to...
338K 10.4K 56
Olivia Carozza is a wild fire, carefree, passionate soul. Her boss is Luca Marino, the boss, the owner, the king of the Mafia is cold, ruthless, and...
149K 2.7K 129
A safe space I created just for my multi black kpop stans! Please enjoy and don't forget to read the 'Disclaimer Chapter' I added for y'all :) Stay b...
357K 10.5K 44
"I can't believe that after everything I've done for this village, they still believe that I'm still the kyuubi" For years naruto has tried to prov...