Blessed with a Curse

By skybye1

Danni has been running for years trying to get away from men who want to use her "gifts" for their own selfis... More

Message and Copyright
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-One

3.9K 188 3
By skybye1

Chapter Twenty-One

           Danni’s POV

It’s been a couple hours since Jeremy came for his little visit and I am getting a little irritated. For someone who has been after me for years, he sure is giving me distance. Which makes me believe it is all apart for his plan. I figure that he will try to break me and put me into my place, well good luck with that you jerk.

I'm sitting on the edge of the bed watching the clock, which at this point I want to smash it due to the annoying ticking it makes. There isn’t much in the room just a bed, table with a lamp, and a dresser that’s empty. Who ever thought to dress a room in blacks and browns should really be shot in the face; I mean come on those two colors are disgusting together! Also I really need to use the bathroom, but the door leading to what I believe is the bathroom is locked.

Standing up, I inspect the room again to see if I miss any way for me to get out. The window has bars on the outside and there is a fifty or so foot drop. Both doors in the room are locked and are made from solid hard wood. Looking around, I notice that I don’t see any air vents on the floors or ceiling. I look behind bed and see nothing, so I walk over to the dresser. Pulling it out a few inches I can see an air vent that is big enough for me to fit. The only problem is that I need a flat head screw driver.

Suddenly I hear footsteps coming up to the door and the lock turning. I push the dresser back and hustle back to the bed as the door opens. A woman walks in with a man standing behind her in the hallway.

“I got it from here Damon, you can stay out there.” Is all she says as she shuts the door and looks at me.

The woman looks to be in her late twenties and her hair is jet black just like her eyes. I notice that she is holding a grocery bag and over her arm is a dress. The woman walks over to the other door and pulls out a key then unlocks it. Coming over to me she sets down the bag and dress before looking at me.

“My name is Malinda and I will help you get ready for tonight. I have a box of hair color remover, make-up, and other things you might need. Please don’t fight with me, because he will find out and both of us will be punished.” Malinda says as she gives me a pointed look.

Before I can say anything, Malinda pulls me towards the bathroom and shoves me in with the bag. I go to glare at her, but she is already shutting the door and locking it. Sighing dramatically, I do as I am told; Jeremy is probably thinking I will fight so I will have to choose my battles wisely.

I empty the bag out and I begin with my hair. I see that there is a timer, so I set the right amount of time and I wait. You would think my hair would have fallen out by now with all the hair dye I have used over the years, but it's in pretty good shape; lucky me. As I wait I look through all the drawers and cabinets that are limited with tools. When I come across metal nail file I mentally sing to the heavens.

I squeak when I hear the timer and I laugh at myself. Quickly I jump into the hot shower to wash my hair and my body. When I hop back out a few minutes later, I see a robe and lace undergarments in the place where my clothes were. I roll my eyes at that, but I get dress any way. When I am done I slip the nail file into the pocket and go out to the bedroom.

Malinda is looking out the window and she turns to look at and says, “I surprise that you aren’t fighting me, Jeremy said that you are a wild one.”

“Well I’m sorry for being a great disappointment. How do you fit into all this? I kind of expected to have Jeremy all over me as soon as I woken up.” I answer in an icy tone.

A sad smile traces her lips and my heart goes out to her.

“Jeremy hasn’t always been like this. He was wonderful when we were kids, but his father was a monster. I guess you can say that he learned from the best. I wish I can help you, but I don’t want to die, at least not now. So let’s do your hair and make-up. He wants to see you soon.” Malinda replies as I see a tear fall down her cheek.

I couldn’t help it, but as she passed me I pulled her into a hug. I know I should hate her for being on Jeremy’s side, but I can see that she is in fear by living here. Also I believe that if she could she would help me; it’s a gut feeling. I sense that she is taken back at what I just did, but she instantly relaxes and hugs me back. We stand there for a moment; we are two women who are trapped in this hell hole and we are the only ones who can save ourselves. It sucks.

Malinda pulls back and I see that she is brushing back tears as she whispers, “You are just like they say. Let’s get going, before he skins our hinds.”

After an hour of hair and make-up, I look nice, but I think that Malinda held back a little. I don’t think she wanted my looks to make Jeremy too excited and I silently thanked her. My hair is curled loosely and my eyes are lined with a bronzed shadow and my lips are tinted with a soft pink gloss. It’s simple and I prefer it that way; I am not going to be sexy for him; that is reserved for Jace and only Jace.

I walk into the bedroom before Malinda and I quickly hide the nail file under the pillow. Operation escape will have to wait until after meeting with Jeremy and I really hope that he will not be aggressive towards me.

Malinda clears her throat and I see that she is holding a little black dress out to me. I slip into it and it falls to just above the knee. The dress fitted my body well and the heart shape neckline didn’t show any cleavage. I would have like the dress, but the thought of Jeremy picking it for me made me sick to the core. I also see in her hand a pair of black pumps and I slip them on too. Once again my skin crawls knowing that he knows what size shoes I wear; Jace doesn’t even know it.

“Malinda I don’t mean to pry into your personal life, but you said Jeremy was nice when you guys were young. How do you know one another?” I ask in a low voice.

Malinda sits on the bed and directs me to sit next to her as she says, “We were very close as children, best friends even. We were two peas in a pod. When I was just turning fourteen years old, his father began to get mean and my parents felt it was best to leave. I came back ten years later after I graduated from college. Jeremy just became the alpha and I wanted to see him. When I came he was very belligerent to everyone and as soon as we looked at one another we knew we were mates. At first we were happy and he took things slow with me. I loved him, but after a few years of trying to have kids he became hostile towards me. I went to the pack doctor and found out that I couldn’t have children due to an injury I got when I was young. That night I told him and that was the first time he ever beat me. After a year, he found out about you and ever since been trying to get you so that he will have the most powerful pack in the world. I hate him for everything he has done to me and what he has become. There is a part of me that still loves him, but he has hurt so many and someone needs to stop him. Maybe you will be his downfall.”

I sit there in utter silence as she tells me her story. How could he do that to her, his own mate? I can feel my body tremble with anger. That heartless son of a bitch is the only thing I can think as I feel Malinda pulling me into a hug.

I immediately calm down and hug her back as I say, “I am so sorry for everything that has happen to you. It’s not fair, you deserve better and I will help to get you out of here if you let me.”

“I appreciate that, but my fate is sealed. You should worry about yourself. I will say this; there are those in the pack he wish to over throw Jeremy. I heard that they are working with your mate to get you out and kill Jeremy. It’s funny they don’t want me to know, they think I will run to him. I want Jeremy to go down, I want him to get what he deserves; not just for me, but for all those he has killed or hurt, and even for you. He has ruined your life, you have never stopped running and you have a mate. Now that is not fair.” Malinda says as she lets me go.

We are startle when the door opens and the same man who was with Malinda steps in and says, “He is ready for her and wants you to go back to your room.”

We both get up and I promptly hug her and say, “Thank you for being nice to me. You should hate me, but you have shown nothing but kindness. I wish there is something I can do for you, but we both know I can’t.”

Letting go I walk towards the man and I look back at Malinda once more to see worry in her dark eyes. I hate how life can be unfair to those who are good. It just sucks.

                Damon’s POV

I still feel bad after I had to hit Danni, but if I didn’t Jeremy would have been all over me. She was needed for the plan to work. For the last few months there have been people in the pack who want to over throw Jeremy. I being the beta and closest thing to a friend Jeremy has, puts me in a difficult predicament; Jeremy and I grew up together with Malinda. Part of me wants to stay loyal to Jeremy, but then there are times where he is too ruthless, I can’t stand it.  

The final straw for me was how he treated Malinda. She is his mate and all he does is use and abuse her. I guess you can say that I have always had a soft spot for her. She is the one who calms me when I am angry. She was there for me when my mate died and I want to save her as she saved me.

I look at my watch and see that it is time for me to get Danni. I go up to the room that is hers and I hear Malinda and Danni talking. I am surprised, because since Malinda been here she has been closed off to everyone, even me. I open the door and see that they are both on the bed.

“He is ready for her and wants you to go back to your room.” I say in my normal tone that I use in the house.

I watch as both women get up off the bed, but I was shock to see Danni hug Malinda tightly and was even more shock when she says, “Thank you for being nice to me. You should hate me, but you have shown nothing but kindness. I wish there is something I can do for you, but we both know I can’t.”

I quickly mask my face, but her words melt my heart. I so badly want to get both of them out of here right now, but if Jeremy finds out we are all dead. Only two more days, before the plan we came up with Jace will be put in action.

It’s amazing that Danni is exactly like the rumors that have been going around. She is kind and gentle, but when we attacked her house she fought hard and her use of her elements was insane. She used them in a way that didn’t kill anyone and that made everyone in the pack instantly like her. We are all so use to violence and seeing someone like Jeremy who has all the power destroy everything, it’s nice to see power used in a way that doesn’t kill.

I feel like she will finally be the downfall to Jeremy Lucas. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 10.4K 29
He is a powerful Alpha and she is a powerful witch. He is troubled and had to watch over his family and pack from a young age. She endure a dark past...
180K 7.2K 25
you know that girl who has the perfect life with friends and a loving family? You know the popular blonde with looks. Well I'm the opposite. with a b...
7.4K 290 37
Warning: Violence, swearing, abuse, and other sensitive topics - Read at your own discretion --------------- Fate can be cruel. Especially when an...
4M 123K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...