Black Spartans

By H27_Venom

They called him a traitor, He killed more then any. Command wanted him in chains, he broke them, He had train... More

Nothing like the Simulations
Retreat
A Planets Ancient Secret
Blacked out
Traitor
Fault
Heros of the people
Meeting an Old Friend
Spartans...... Forever
Before and After
Battle Brothers
What would you do... For family?
One Big Family
Black Legion
A New Friend?
Reunited in the worst Way
Family of War
Family and Business, Don't Mix
Family's A Funny Thing
Casualties
Declaration of War
Her Army
Calculated Risks
Let It Be Known
Endgame
Hell To Pay
Summer Break
NEW AU

Havoc

1K 23 0
By H27_Venom

  Aimilios took off his helmet as he looked around the sky. It was filled with UNSC forces and the guns were taking out any and all resistance, this planet would be theirs. He got up and walked back towards where he had friendly markers closing in and soon he heard the roar of a warthog approaching. "727! Good to see you brother!" An ODST Trooper said giving him a hand up into the transport warthog.

"Good to be back." Aimilios said as they rode.

" You should have heard what happened while you were out, the soldier who shot you down got chewed out." The ODST informed and Aimilios laughed.

"How long was I out?" he asked unknowingly.

"2 hours, We thought you were dead until your friendly signature confirmed you were knocked out." The Trooper said and Aimilios smiled.

"So that means you're coming to get me then?" Aimilios asked and the Trooper nodded.

"We had to get you man, you brought down a warship by yourself!" the driver said as they pulled closer to the Covenants base of operations.

"Command wants your head though, they think your lying about the soldiers on the ship." The Trooper said grimly.

"To be honest 'Command' can go fuck themselves and check my helmet cam." Aimilios said, making the other Troopers laugh.

"I don't think they could stop you if they wanted to, the media would be all over that story." The driver said, making everyone smile again. They drove into the town and all around soldiers were clearing houses. They drove into the main city circle and stopped. Aimilios jumped out and walked slowly over towards the command center.

"Good luck in there 727, I know the Commander will see it your way." The Trooper said as they pulled away. Aimilios nodded and walked into the command center.

"Aimilios! Welcome back Trooper!" Commander Johnson said walking up to Aimilios, Aimilios clasped Johnsons forearm, his commander was a good man, and had taught him much of what he knew.

"All in a day's work sir." Aimilios said with a laugh.

"Bullshit, your day's work is more than most do in a month. And I dont give a shit what they say, I've known you for so long, and I know there is no way that you would let soldiers die." commander Johnson said, patting his shoulder, and Aimilios took off his helmet.

"I don't want any fighting over me sir, just check the footage it's all there." Aimilios said giving commander Johnson the helmet, who in turn plugged it in and received the footage.

"Oh and also." Aimilios said, pulling the bundle of tags he had from his platoon out.

"KIA Sir." he said giving them to the commander, The commander nodded grimly and read the tags.

"Looks like your going to need some reinforcements, Sergent." The commander said smiling.

"Quite a promotion sir, Why?" Aimilios asked.

"Even if there were soldiers on that ship you still single handedly took it down securing our mission." Commander Johnson said, extending his hand.

"Thank you Commander, it was an honor." Aimilios said, shaking his hand.

"Ill get you some recommendations, you get to pick who you want." Commander Johnson said, turning back to the map and ushering Aimilios forward.

"Meanwhile, the politicians want you in shackles until this is cleared up.... To bad they can't do anything while your here." Commander Johnson said smiling.

"Oohah." Aimilios said, smiling and looking at the map.

"So as such, I am giving you a task, to secure the last Covenant stronghold. That is all Sergeant dismissed." Johnson said and Aimilios turned.

"Don't forget to head over to the armory. I'll let them know your coming." Johnson said as he walked out. Aimilios walked over to the armory and opened the door.

"Ahh there you are 727, go ahead and take off your armor so we can repair it, and while your waiting you can look at the armory, the Commander authorized you to get anything you need." Weapon Specialist Blackburn gestured to the station next to him, Aimilios sighed and got into the machine and it took off the armor, he stepped out and grabbed the clothes next to the machine, still awkward about being out of armor, it had been on for over three months now ever since the fighting had started. He walked over to the armory looked at the weapons, something caught his eye. It looked like a standard Series 5 Sniper rifle, but its shine was that of a different metal. Aimilios picked it up and it was relatively light, scratch that, incredibly light.

"Whats this?!" He asked and Blackburn glanced over.

"Prototype, made from refined Abysll. Light and durable and shock absorbent ." Blackburn informed.

"Why are these not standard issue, our snipers could do wonders with these." Aimilios asked looking through the scope and seeing the illuminated sights.

"Abysll is extremely rare, its a cooled piece of a gas giants core." Blackburn said and Aimilios smiled.

"Do you mind if I take it?" Aimilios asked smiling.

"You would have to do some tests for me, it has a more powerful action than the standard Rifle but I havent tried anything too extreme on it, so if you do something notable, let me know." Blackburn nodded in approval and Aimilios went to the firing range, loaded a mag into it and aimed, it was so light that it wasn't hard to aim and when he fired the kick was almost nothing, enough so that he could fire three rounds rapidly and not lose his sight on the target. The metal appeared to be exceptionally shock absorbent.

"This is sweet!" Aimilios said shooting round after round, he walked back into the armory to find Blackburn waiting.

"Your suits done 727, how was the rifle acting up?" Blackburn asked and Aimilios smiled.

"Best damn sniper I have ever shot." He said smiling.

"Your marked as a marksman but I dont think I have ever seen you use a Series 5, Why is that?" Blackburn asked checking his files.

"I almost never do, they're far too heavy, and besides I can only fire one shot before they realize, with the M395 I can fire at least 3 rounds before they start to realize and by then its too late, however, this is light and quiet, and its quite low recoil intrigues me." Aimilios said letting the machine re-equip his armor and walking to the door with a couple grenades, a MA5D Assualt Rifle and the Abyssal sniper rifle.

"Good luck 727." Blackburn said as he walked out. Aimilios walked out and found a pelican waiting by the others, the only difference was that it was prepped and ready to go.

"Sergeant Amilios-727?" A voice called.

"Yes?"

"We're your ride!" The pilot said coming around the pelican.

"Rodger lets take off, I want to get back in time for dinner." Aimilios joked, the pilot nodded, before she motioned to a group of Troopers, one of which was the one who had helped Aimilios into the warthog after he had crashed.

"Commander Johnson has given you these Troopers as a temporary squad, they come with only the highest recommendations, even the new blood." The pilot informed.

"Thank you pilot." Aimilios said, climbing aboard the pelican and watching the other Troopers board. Most were silent, but a few talked quietly among each other. The pilot walked into the cabin.

"Sergeant, are we green to go?" She asked.

"Yes.... what's your name again?" Aimilios asked.

"Cathrine Modonic, but I go by Cat." Cat said, snapping to attention.

"Good to meet you Cat, go get us airborne if you will." Aimilios said and she ran to the pilots seat and started it up, Aimilios connected the rest of the squad into the radio.

"Now what's your names?" Aimilios asked, the new blood jumped to his feet.

"I'm Warren, good to be serving with you." The Trooper who had helped Aimilios said, his armor was the standard ODST gray and it was obvious that he was a rookie, even by Aimilios' two tours.

"Im Caiden." A Trooper in black armor with a red stripe said.

"Im Corbin." Another said with the same type armor has Caiden except it had a blue stripe.

"Brothers?" Aimilios asked and they nodded in unison as they removed their helmets to reveal they were twins, Aimilios nodded back, understanding then he looked to the next man.

"Im Cox, Im a demolition specialist." A Trooper in pure red armor with a green EVA type helmet said.

"Im Nick, but call me Patches, I'm your comms specialist." A Trooper with a teal colored armor said.

"I'm Angelica, I'm your new medic." A female in dark blue armor waved slightly.

"Im Conklin, and I heard about you, a promising rookie who was moved to the Omega team within his first tour, but I also heard you're a traitor. So are you?" The last Trooper asked, his armor was a complete black marking him as a night Trooper.

"I can assure you that I am not a traitor, and I would refrain from calling me such." Aimilios grimaced locking eyes with the last man.

"What about you? What's your name?" Cox asked and Aimilios laughed.

"Most call me 727, but you all can just call me Aimilios." Aimilios said checking his weapons. Corbin looked like he was going to ask something but comms lit up.

"Aimilios this is Commander Johnson, by now you have found your squad. So let me say, to all of you.... welcome to temporary Fireteam Havoc. Some of you will be staying, and some will be leaving, but that is up to your Sergeant."Johnson said over comms and there was a murmur of agreement to the name.

"Sir, whats the briefing? Drive out the covenant or search and destroy." Aimilios asked already knowing the answer.

"Destroy, no mercy."Johnson said.

"OOHRAH!" Cox cheered smiling, everyone else also seemed happy with the order.

"Understood Sir, consider it done." Aimilios said picking up his rifle and walking infront of everyone.

Aimilios, stay safe please."Johnson said quietly.

"Wilco, Havoc going radio silent." Aimilios said grimly.

"Alright, you heard the Commander, this is an elimination mission, we dont leave any alive understood?" Aimilios asked.

"Yes Sergeant!" Havoc replied and Aimilios turned looking out the door .

"We need call signs sir!" Warren suddenly said making everyone laugh Aimilios turned, a smirk on his face.

"Alright rookie, you come up with the callsigns." Aimilios said smiling.

"Conklin, your Shadow, Angelica your Valkyrie, Cox, your Boom, and the twins will be Yin and Yang." Warren said and everyone broke into laughter.

" I like where this kids going." Conklin said laughing slightly.

"Same here, alright now whats yours and mine." Aimilios said smiling under his helmet.

"I-I dont have one for either of us, sorry sarge." Warren said and Cat cleared her throat.

"Excuse the interruption, but how about Rookie for the rookie, and for you sarge..... how about Ghost, you slipped into the warship after all." Cat said and there was a murmur of agreement.

"What about you Cat, you gonna be our pilot?" Aimilios asked.

"Well this is my first actual combat drop, if it goes well probably but if it doesn't well...." She trailed off and Aimilios went silent before he spoke.

"Anyone object to their call sign?" he asked and no one said anything.

"Valkyrie, are you a new medic?" Ghost tested.

"Affirmative, this is my first field mission." Valkyrie nodded confidently.

"Good, she responded, dont forget your call signs or you will miss valuable Intel, Rodger?" Aimilios asked and they nodded.

"Rodger!" they said in unison.

Cat cleared her throat again. "Sorry to break up this lovely team up, but the objective is in sight over."   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 412 7
B-312 knew he was going to die... On reach like his fellow spartans, but when the lone wolf opens his eyes expecting to feel nothing but oblivion onl...
796K 19.7K 40
"All I need is one shot." ✧ Simon "Ghost" Riley was a cold, heartless killer. He was untouchable, and he made his enemies cower just by hearing his n...
16.4K 494 52
The resilience of the human body and mind had always amazed you. The fragility of the human body and mind had always terrified you. Bones is a quiet...
11.3K 251 9
You and the 141 are preparing for a mission in Europe. Laswell has sent the team in to work with Kortac in a temporary partnership. After you find Gh...