Heartbeat

By syedaaliya

It's the story about Ginny Weasley falling in and out and again in love with none another than Harry Potter... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
CHAPTER 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Harry PoV
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter

Bonus Chapter

1K 29 17
By syedaaliya

Ginny stood still at one place waiting, the lights began to dim bit by bit when the only light shinning in the room were fairy lights hovering above her head and tracing a pattern of her little vendor inside the house making an shape curve lines forming an arrow, she visited this home only twice before which made her  unaware about all the remaining sections of the house. 

When she thought nothing was gonna happen the light above her head left it spot and started guiding her step instead of following it anymore. Ginny nervously followed the bright light it made her take an turn and then a small gallery appeared, she has never been in his part before, a small wooden door stood at the end of it. The light glowed and showed the door more clearly.

Ginny gulped her dry throat, her heart suddenly decided to run a mile in a minute, this anticipation was killing her already. Yet, she hold the door knob for few seconds preparing her hyped brain and nervous heart, taking a deep breath she slowly opened the door, it moved in a slow motion making no sound a tol. 

The first thing that hit her was cold wind and smell of fresh ice sprinkled in air and around, the ground was visible with a bit of snow covering it here and there. Ginny carefully step out, she gazed around to the new area eagerly searching for Harry, she dint found him but her attention was captured by its surroundings, it looked like a backyard to her, she thought her home backyard was an average size but this made it twice in shape. 

Thin bamboos were planted in each corner completely covering the whole area, on it hanged old oil lamps in shape and sizes, she moved carefully the snow began to drizzle a lil bit more making it more dreamy, a tree caught her eye, which looked more than years old and easily dominated the whole arena the fairy light which followed her was from this tree because the tree shook with all the tiny lights floating around her, completing the tree itself with its serine beauty.

Ginny was transfixed by its alluring beauty when her gaze lower to take in a complete view that's where she found him, Harry stood under it shade, leaning his half weight on it. He wore an black turtle neck sweater with black jeans and an equally black overcoat, His hair were neatly set may be an hour back now they looked all shabby with his repeated combing with his own hand. His green eyes were brighter than ever shining through his spotless glasses. His smile reached his eyes when he studied me with his unwavering attention just like me. 

Harry saw Ginny enter backyard, This was it. All of his wait was about to end any minute. He saw her coming inside the house all alone and with an odd look, he stopped himself with all his will power not to run to her and snatch her in his arms. He planned everything for her. just her, with patience come virtue, he reminded himself that repeatedly pulling down his hair. 

When the door finally opened and Ginny stepped down, for a split second he forgot to breath all together. Her red glossy hair flamed like fire in its pure beauty underneath the soft glow of lamps, she wore an plain Green sweater with black jeans and ankle boots, Her face hitched his breath again, the sharp bones around her jaw and cheeks set her features to stand out. How can she look so simple yet so stunning to him. It drove him insane.

He slowly leaned back on the tree for sheer support because he couldn't take it anymore to stand there invisible to her, but her beautiful face looked a bit restless, her eyebrows were married and she searched for something with Desperation. Her eyes scanning completely avoiding the decoration, it took her to take all her surroundings in second attempt. 

Her eyes widen a bit when she started looking around and the look of confusion slipped off her face and astonishment took its place, it gave him great pleasure to just look at her in oblivion to study her every move and change of expression a small smile crept of her face which made him smile too. she soon followed the tiny lights which were  obidently following her and it lead it to him.

Ginny gaze met Harry's and they both stood in a while just to stare in it for a moment. Ginny took her steps forward when Harry made no move all while looking at each other and smiling like goaf, she crossed the path in measured steps, Harry moved from his spot and closed their distance. 

"Why, Mister Potter I thought you were out of town or over seas over a mission?" Ginny spoke fighting an urge to eliminate her smile but failing at it.

"I am, indeed on a mission" Harry winked at her.

Ginny gasped at his reply and arched an eyebrow at her "Really now? what Mission particularly?" 

"You know I am not allowed to disclose the details, it's confidential" Harry said in honesty his lips twitching as he raised his hand to tug her hair behind her ear unable to stop himself from touching her. 

Ginny stepped on his leg hard, pretending to be a mistake "Owh" Harry fake cried, she pushed him when he caught her hands in his and pulled her back. 

"Feisty" Harry blew a low whistle and Ginny actually laughed of his comment. Her laughter was music to his ears. He pulled her close and embraced her in tight hug, she felt so small and soft and fit him like a glove. She spread warmth inside him which he ached to feel it again since there departure which was just a week back.

He inhaled her scent deeply she always smelled like fresh flowers, he was getting addict to it way too soon. He laughed on his own, he couldn't believe he was so whipped.

"What's funny?" Ginny asked tilting her head to look at him still locked in his arms. Not that she minded it anyway. She missed it more than anything in this world.

"Me, everything" Harry replied Rolling his eyes.

"Did you just rolled your eyes?" She pushed him further back to have a proper look at him.

"Yea, no. Come back here" Harry tried to pull her back again but she douched it and move around him breaking his hand circle.

Harry pouted and Ginny just gave him a weird look, "Don't pout, it doesn't suit you"  Ginny remarked.

"Why? Do I look cute?" Harry chidded smirking.

"Cute? It make you like a dork" Ginny laughed.

"Dork is cute enough for me" Harry countered back.

Ginny eyes widen a bit and she laughed a little "Okay sunshine, what's going on? Why are you here and what's this all about?" She looked around questioning with her eyes and pulling out the clues.

Harry smiled at her lovingly " just you know, to welcome you home." He lied easily.

This doesn't made Ginny easy she only looked more curious.

"This isn't just welcome" Ginny spoke softly looking deep in his eyes and showed him clues.

Harry's smile flattend and his eyes spoke volumes for him, he nodded his head in agreement and suddenly the air changed, it was filled with an charge which they both felt. Harry took Ginny's hand in his and bit his lip, Ginny raised her eyebrows and smiled at his odd behaviour, he seemed nervous as she gently stroke circles on the back of her hand with his thumb. 

Harry cleared his throat before speaking "Actually it is. It was a small part of this huge thing" 

"Meaning?" Ginny asked.

The snow were drizzling a lot now and Ginny shivered, Harry took his coat off and wrapped it around her shoulders "I think we should just head back in" Harry said backing out, he couldn't get the words out.

Ginny sensed his stall in mood, when he moved around to get back in she saw a glimpse of round table behind the tree, it was a huge tree granted yet it peeked out along with a  chair, and food and is it?

Harry took her hand and started to drag her in. she dug her heels in snow halting them, Harry turned around "Let's go. It's getting colder" He gave her a small smile.

"NO, I like snow. I want to stay out a bit" Ginny retaliate.  She can read through him easily now, once he had put his guard down it has been easier to read Harry than an open book. Slowly, all the dots connected in her brain and frankly her chest felt stuffy with all the emotions running around, Her eyes began to water even him without uttering a word. He doesn't need to it was all over his face.

Harry saw her expressions changing in variations and cursed his stars, dammit she got the whip of it. How can she know about it already? This made him mad, it was suppose to surprise her, swoop her off her feet.

"You know it already, hah." Harry sighed, feeling disappointed.

"What are you even talking about?" She moved closer to him placing her hands on his chest straightening his sweater  "All these decorations and a lil quest, what is that even supposed to mean? We are having quite fun, right?" She smiled at him showing her straight white teeth.

Harry placed his hands on her waist and somehow managed to laugh at it along with her "Alright now, since you know what's coming next, you better be prepared Miss Weasley" Ginny nodded her head and waited for him to speak.

"I can't find my notes" Harry said after a beat.

"What?" Ginny glared at him.

"I really can't" Harry smacked his lips, Ginny rolled her eyes "You know, I can go without them, it's easy." He took a deep breath. Ginny whole body started to vibrate against him as she couldn't control her laughter.

"You need to stop laughing, I need to focus" Harry said frowning at her, she laughed harder.

"For this. Believe it or not, for the longest time it has been my greatest desire to make you laugh, harder than you have laughed at any sickest Bryan's joke or twins untimely pranks" Harry spoke and Ginny got still with the tone of his. It was soft and just enough loud for her to hear clearly.

"I always want you to look at me, the way you are looking at me now, I never want to loose this transparency between us. I want you with no condition or boundaries, forever to look at this beautiful eyes and forget about the world, in your eyes I can always revive"

"I have seen a perfect future, I have imagined it all, I dared to think about a life which is full of love, happiness, bound a relationship and a family. Which I never thought were made for me" Harry said his voice now heavy, Ginny tried harder to push back her tears all of her tears.

"And in every picture, in every scene, in every moment from now till the last breath I shall take, I have seen it all with you. You in every frame."

A tear rolled down on Ginny's face and Harry quickly wiped it, " God I pray, a day never comes where you cry again, even if it comes I hope I'm always there, to wipe it, to hold you, to never let you face it alone"

"Darling, I have wasted lifetime of opportunities I wish to no more miss any. I want to make every moment count, want to be a part of your life, a small part of your amazing being"

"Be fun, be silly, be happy, or be mad, just be with me. Grow our hair old, parent as many kids you will, make a family, build a life together"

"I have been honoured already to share your company now I want to be a bit more greedy, I have this urge to make you mine. To seal our faith, I want you to accept this. To accept me." Harry released Ginny and got down on his one knee.

Taking her hand in his he looked deeply in her eyes " Miss Ginerva Weasley I love you with every inch of me. Will you do me the honour of marrying me?" Harry asked.

Ginny looked down her whole life, siting on one knee, half covered in snow, could now listen to his teeth chattering any moment, still it didn't bother him, not cold or amount of snow. He successfully managed to zip lock her lips as her whole throat felt numb with instead tears. She did only thing she could as she watched him patiently waiting for her answer.

She nodded her head in approval, and tears started to roll down her cheeks and she managed to squeak a small " Yes"

Harry felt like he had won his life's greatest battle, he spring back on his feet and pulled her close to finish it and seal it with a kiss. He kisses her with an unmatched happiness, it was completely different than kisses they had share before. It was slow and quick, it reached their hearts and could be felt in deep.

Harry broke apart and rested his forehead against her and kissed her temple too, he never smiled like this before, it reminded him later that he is supposed to put a ring on her finger too.

Hastily he started searching his jeans pocket and slyly pulled his hands in his overcoat which he draped around her new found fiance with no shame.
When he couldn't find the ring a tol, he started to panik, he kept searching and kinda looked lost in sea of embarrassment.

"Are you perhaps, searching for a box" Ginny asked with pure amusement trying her best to embarrass him further.

"I think it's over there, on that table" she pointed out and Harry turned to see the box resting on the table he set for them. He twitched his eyes at her and ran to get the box.

Taking the box he opened it and was relieved to find the ring safe in it. He came back to her and sat down back on his knee and taking her left hand in his hand he slightly pushed the ring on her ring finger.

Ginny face was glowing when she looked at the ring, her jaw dropped by the size of it, it almost covered her finger and was certainly a huge rock she had seen, it was an oval clean cut diamond ring.

"Is it pretty?" Harry nervously asked her.

"It's huge. And heavy, wow. Take it back I am gonna lose it. What were thinking Harry I'm not supposed to be trusted with jewelry" Ginny shrieked at  him her voice Turing thin with panic.

"What? No. Of course not! I am not gonna take it back unless you really don't like it" Harry laughed at her.

"I will lose it tomorrow, you got to get me something small and manageable"  she huffed frustrated.

"No. I love it and it suits you perfectly, it even fits. And you won't lose it. Even if you did it doesn't really matter" Harry calmed her down.

"How can it not matter? Who loses their engagement ring?" Ginny whined already thinking about she losing it first thing in morning.

"Sweetheart, you won't, And I won't get you anything less than that. It's staying and that's final" Harry ruffled her hair like a five year old. Kissing her pouted lips.

"Let's head back in, I think I might freeze to death" Harry said and Ginny agreed. They started to walk together when Harry stop.

"I just forgot one last thing" he ran back to the table and took a bouquet of flowers, running back to her again.

"I finally know what kind of flowers are your favourite, this was the first thing I planned to give it you" Harry said sheepishly and handed her a dozen of white Lillie's tied down in pink ribbon.

Ginny started at flowers for a second and took them with trembling hands "They are beautiful, thank you" she said softly, kissing his cheek. She hold her flowers in her right hand and interwined her left hand with his right hand. And they started to head home.

"So what happens to those fairy lights?" She glanced back at the tree, they still surrounded the whole tree beaming more brightly.

"They stay. For the night atleast" Harry replied taking a look himself, he paused and made her turn around to face the tree.

"Do you see them growing?" Harry asked her he stood behind her resting his chin on her shoulder and circling his arm around her waist.

After looking hard for few seconds she saw them growing splitting, she nodded her head and said "Yes, I see that now"

"It's because they are enchanted, they grow on love." Harry replied.

Ginny shifted her face to look at him, still confused. Harry chuckled and a shade of deep red took place on his already pink face due to cold.

"Originally they are only two enchanted lights when created, a lover can create in a pair, one for him another for its partner, when they are close by, it stay with them, near them and on there feeling, their love, it starts to split. Creating miniature forms of it. The more the love the stronger they grow" Harry explained.

"When you came inside the house I had created a pair, it followed you and you managed to split it and here one stayed with me, and I managed to split it own, together they look like this." Harry said and Ginny stayed stunned.

She spinned in his arms and gazed at him, is he for real? Is he also not some enchanted magic? She touched his face with her trembling fingers to make sure he won't vanish when touched.

"Thank you" Ginny replied.

"Thank you for all of this, for everything, for making me happiest person, for loving me, for making me feel appreciated and valued in your life." Ginny whispered averting her gaze to not cry again for hundredth time already.

She can't help it, all he did was make her cry out of joy, madness , and love. All night.

Harry brushed her hair back and kissed her the temple again he took her hand and pulled the door open they looked at the tree for the last time and smiled eachother with contempt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 620 23
Muggle Hinny Au "Stop being grumpy on the first day of the Senior year" "I was delighted until you showed up" "C'mon, you couldn't possibly hate me t...
54.3K 737 35
Harry Potter is known by many names. The Chosen One, Our Savior, The Boy who Lived. But to the Death Eaters he's known as the boy who destroys their...
199K 5.4K 25
ʙ ᴏ ᴏ ᴋ ᴏ ɴ ᴇ ❝ɪ ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴛᴏᴏ.❞ ❝ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ?❞ {golden era} {Harry potter} {Year 4 - Goblet of Fire} → This book is currently going...
69.8K 1.3K 10
The story of how I realised my love for the one person I couldn't have - my best friend. Set around sixth year at Hogwarts and the Burrow. Lots of fl...