War of Hearts 》Bellamy Blake

By UpInFlames_

At 15, Brinley Kane was locked up. At 18, she was sent to the ground. Brinley Kane had accepted her inev... More

P R O L O G U E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
P L A Y L I S T
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
B O N U S
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
PART II: Game of Survival
1 - White Noise
2 - Escape
3 - Allies
4 - Reunions
5 - Metamorphosis
G A M E O F S U R V I V A L
6 - Spacewalker
7 - Consequences
8 - Into The Unknown
9 - Survival
Playlist
10 - Tag, You're It
11 - Knocking on Heaven's Door
C O N T R O L
PART III: C O N T R O L
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
T H E F A L L O U T
F A L L O U T (Playlist/Excerpt)
Chapter One: Expiration Date
Chapter Two: Truce
Chapter Three: Playing God
Chapter Four: Past // Present

XIX

6.7K 213 77
By UpInFlames_

A/N: Hellooooo again!

I hope you had a great Easter (if you celebrate it it!)

LAST CHAPTER OF SEASON 3!

I've only watched half of season 4 so I'm gonna go finish watching that so I can get to writing more chapters cause you guys seemed to want it (And I really want to write it!) 

Gif credit to whomever made it! Will always ship Clexa over Bellarke tbhhhh (My personal opinion, doesn't have to be yours!) :) 

Season 3 ends in such a messy place so I hope this chapter is okay lmaooo. 

You know the drill - 
*UNEDITED*

*****

There is not enough time in life
to worry about there being enough time in life.

- Atticus

*****
'It's going to be okay, Clarke.'

'I really hope you're right.'

Brinley was sitting beside Clarke on the platform that led to the commander's throne. Bellamy and Murphy hadn't long been gone before Brinley had gently suggested moving Abby's unconscious form. Clarke had agreed, albeit hesitantly, and Brinley guessed that she was worried her Mum wouldn't recover from what had happened.

'Are you going to-'

'Yeah.' Clarke nodded quickly. 'I have to.'

Brinley watched as Clarke reached for the EMP, determination and hesitation battling for dominance in her expression. Clarke sat down again, pulling Abby's head into her lap gently.

'I'll let you do your thing.' Brinley stood up quickly.

'You don't have to go.' Clarke looked up at her friend.

'I know, but I think you two will need to talk.' Brinley smiled gently.

'Take a weapon-'

'Already ahead of you.' Brinley twirled the knife she'd found discarded on the floor between her fingers. 'Good luck, Clarke. It'll be fine.'

Brinley shut the door to the throne room behind her.

It didn't take her long to find Bellamy and Murphy, the sound of their bickering drifting towards her.

'Do you two ever shut up?' Brinley questioned as she neared the room they were in, her eyes widening in surprise at the person between them.

'How did he get out?' Brinley eyed an unconscious Jaha, slumped against the wall with blood staining his skin. Her eyes scanned the area, noticing two more unconscious guards not very far away.

'Tried to make an escape while we were distracted with Ontari, he didn't make it far.' Bellamy answered. 'Where's Clarke?'

'She's with her Mum.' Brinley answered simply. 'This lot isn't going anywhere for awhile, c'mon we have to make sure the entire floor is secure.'

'You're still bossy.' Murphy commented with a smirk. 'Some things will never change.'

'Don't act like you don't love it.' Brinley smirked right back.

Bellamy moved ahead of the two, looking irritated. 'Can you two quit playing around and hurry up.'

'Yes, sir.' Brinley rolled her eyes in annoyance, meeting Bellamy's annoyed glance with her own.

Murphy raised an eyebrow as he watched the interaction.

Bellamy walked with determination as the three of them worked to weasel out anymore of A.L.I.E's subjects that could be hiding. There were fewer than expected, and Brinley was about to voice the fact, when a familiar voice sounded, sending chills down her spine.

'Bellamy, you good?'

Brinley stopped walking, an intense anger consuming her body. Behind her, Murphy stopped walking too.

'Maybe we should go back to Clarke-' Murphy sounded wary.

'No.' Brinley seethed. 'Not until the floor is secure.'

Brinley marched forward until Bellamy and Pike came into view. Pike's eyes were drawn to her almost immediately, as though he could sense the intense hate radiating from Brinley's body.

'Murphy, Brinley-'

Brinley was closer now, her hand tightening on her knife-

Bellamy's hand clamped down on her arm, his fingers travelling to her wrist as she went to pass him, seeing the intense rage on her face it wasn't hard to decipher what Brinley's intentions were, and Bellamy knew things could get out of hand very quickly where Brinley was concerned.

Pike's gaze was calculating, taking in the tight grip Bellamy had on Brinley's wrist, and her hand sitting concealed in her jacket pocket.

'The rest of the floor is secure. We've got some time, but not a lot.'

'Where are the others?' Brinley's voice was barely controlled.

No sooner had she asked the question did the rest of the group appear, looking tired and dirty – but alive.

Brinley caught Octavia's eyes and an understanding passed between the two girls. It was easy to see that neither of them were happy about Pike's sudden reappearance, and there was no way that the man wouldn't pay for all that he had done.

Not if Brinley and Octavia had any say in it.

'Here.' Octavia pulled Brinley's favoured sword out. 'Found it with one of the guards.'

'Thanks, O.' Brinley forced a smile, her eyes darting to Pike warily.

Pike was already watching her.

Brinley squared her shoulders as she took the sword from Octavia, making a point to remove her hand from her pocket, flashing the knife towards Pike, ensuring the man saw it.

Judging from the look on his face, he had.

Brinley stared him down for a moment, making sure that he knew the only reason he was still breathing was thanks to Bellamy's quick thinking.

'The rest of the floor is secure, then?' Brinley asked Octavia.

'Yeah, for now.'

'Great. I'll let Clarke know.' Brinley turned to leave, unable to stomach the thought of being around Pike much longer.

'O, keep watch on the square. We'll regroup with Clarke, find out what our next move is.' Bellamy spoke quickly, ignoring the burning gaze he could feel in the back of his head.

Brinley hurried ahead of Bellamy and Pike, hearing Murphy catching up with her swiftly.

'What the hell did I miss?'

'A lot.' Brinley pursed her lips. 'If we get out of this alive, remind me to tell you everything you missed.'

Murphy nodded. 'Are you okay?'

'I'd be better if Pike wasn't breathing.' Brinley huffed. 'But for the most part, I'm okay.'

Brinley entered the throne room, a genuine smile gracing her lips as she realised Abby was awake, and alert.

Brinley heard Bellamy's gun click behind her and her hand quickly shot out, pushing it down.

'No, it's okay! I used the EMP, she's back.' Clarke explained quickly, using her body to shield her mother instinctively.

'Well, what about Ontari? I thought you said we had one shot with that thing?' Murphy sounded confused, and annoyed to be out of the loop.

'I told you; Ontari's no longer an option for the flame. She's brain dead. Is the floor secure?' Clarke sounded entirely too calm considering their current situation.

'For now, Jaha and the guards are tied up in a bedroom.' Bellamy answered.

'We took out the elevator and the ladder as we climbed.' Pike pitched in. 'The stairs are collapsed, no one's following us.'

'Good, then we have time.' Clarke nodded, and Brinley tried not to roll her eyes. She already knew that Clarke had a plan that none of them knew about from the tone of her voice alone.

'What we don't have is a way down.' Murphy snidely remarked, much to Brinley's amusement.

'Time for what?' Bellamy had picked up on Clarke's tone and word choice just as Brinley had.

'An ascension ceremony.'

Brinley shook her head at the words. 'You've got to be kidding me.'

'Ascension? You just said Ontari wasn't an option.' Murphy frowned. 'Besides, she's still chipped and we no longer have an EMP.'

'We're not putting the flame in Ontari's head.' Clarke still sounded calm. 'We're putting it in mine.'

'Are you fucking crazy-' Brinley started.

'Clarke, that thing killed Emerson in seconds, liquefied his brain.' Bellamy frowned.

'Emerson wasn't connected to a nightblood.'

Bellamy's face dropped.

'Transfusion?' Pike was frowning as she stepped towards Clarke, who finally showed some sign of unease.

'Not exactly.' Clarke seemed wary of the man.

'Connected like Mount Weather.' Abby spoke up, looking mildly horrified. It was clear that she already didn't agree with Clarke's plan.

'Yes. Everything we need is in your med kit.' Clarke looked to her Mother.

'No, it's too dangerous.' Abby denied immediately. 'And there are too many variables.'

'We've done it before.' Clarke reminded Abby as she watched her mother walk around her, stopping near Bellamy. 'We connected Bellamy and Brinley and it worked, it saved her life-'

Both Bellamy and Brinley tensed at the reminder, while Murphy's gaze darted wildly back and forth between them.

'That was different-' Bellamy tried.

'We're universal donors Clarke, Ontari has nightblood, you have no idea what it'll do to you.' Brinley scowled. 'Like Abby said, there's too many variables.'

'But no options.' Clarke's resolve hadn't weakened even slightly.

Brinley turned around quickly at the sound of approaching footsteps.

'Whatever you're doing, you better do it fast.' Octavia panted slightly as she reached Clarke.

'Why, what happened?' Bellamy was immediately on guard, Clarke forgotten for the moment.

Octavia looked at her brother. 'They're climbing.'

Brinley was the first to move, opening the shattered door on to what was once a large balcony. She looked down at the small specks she knew to be people on the ground, watching the pace at which they moved as they ran towards the building – and began climbing.

'Shit.' Brinley cursed.

'I have to do this.' Clarke whispered to her Mother, barely audible over the roar of the wind.

'Okay. I'll help you.' Abby finally agreed, the two quickly disappearing.

'What are you thinking?' Murphy murmured beside Brinley.

'I'm thinking that some of those people are going to fall and die trying to reach us.' Brinley's jaw was tight. 'My Dad might be one of them.'

Murphy fought to keep the surprise out of his expression as Brinley referred to Marcus as her Father. 'Don't think about it, if you're thinking about it, you'll be distracted. We kinda need you, Brin.'

Brinley sighed, a half smile on her face. 'Let's go help Clarke.'

*****

Brinley heard Clarke's sharp intake of breath as Abby inserted the needle into her vein.

Brinley had assisted Abby in setting up and prepping both Clarke and Ontari at the older woman's request. Murphy stood silently beside Ontari's body, watching as everyone set to work on ensuring their plan would work.

'Balcony's greased. No one's getting in through here.' Pike's voice interrupted Brinley's thoughts.

'Good. There's enough lamp oil to cover every window on the floor except the commander's chambers.' Bellamy relayed the information he'd gathered.

'Then that's where the fighting starts. We'll dig in there.' Pike nodded at Bellamy, Bryan and Miller following after him.

Brinley caught the hard stare Octavia was giving Pike and she knew that trouble was brewing. Brinley moved towards Octavia quickly, her movements catching Bellamy's attention.

'O. Hey, you going with them?' Brinley asked quickly.

'Yeah. You coming?'

Brinley shook her head. 'I'm going to stay and help, I don't know if Abby will be able to watch Clarke do this without freaking out.'

Octavia nodded.

'You know he's going to pay for what he's done, right?' There was no question who Brinley was talking about.

'You believe that about as much as I do.' Octavia pursed her lips.

'Bellamy is the only reason Pike is still breathing.' Brinley admitted. 'If he hadn't been there earlier, I'd have killed him.'

Octavia let out a breath she'd been holding. 'He has to die for what he's done.'

'I know.' Brinley agreed. 'But-'

'O.' Bellamy appeared beside the two girls. The youngest Blake didn't look pleased at Bellamy's interruption, her face tensing immediately.

Bellamy seemed to hesitate slightly. 'Be careful.'

Octavia barely nodded at him, her gaze drifting to Brinley briefly as she turned and left the room.

Brinley made to move towards Murphy but Bellamy stopped her from advancing. 'Hey.'

Brinley stared at him questioningly.

'What were you talking about?' Bellamy watched her expression as she answered for any indication that she was lying.

'Pike.' Brinley didn't see the point in lying. 'And the fact that he shouldn't be breathing.'

Bellamy sighed. 'Brinley...'

'Don't.' Brinley shook her head. 'Don't try and change my mind because you won't.'

'You shouldn't encourage Octavia-'

'Oh please.' Brinley laughed. 'Octavia doesn't need my encouragement or my support, she's angry enough on her own.'

'We're all set.' Abby's voice interrupted whatever Bellamy had been about to say.

Bellamy moved faster than Brinley, standing beside Clarke with a worried expression on his face. Brinley, though worried for her friend, hated the bitter taste of jealously that filled her mouth as Bellamy's gaze stayed trained on Clarke.

'You ready?'

'Yeah.'

Abby opened the valves and Brinley watched with mild fascination as the black and red blood crossed paths before entering Clarke's body.

Clarke exhaled shakily.

'Hey, try doing that hanging upside down.' Bellamy tried to lighten the tense atmosphere.

Clarke half smiled at him, grateful for his attempt at a distraction.

'This will work.' Clarke tried to reassure Abby.

'And if it doesn't?' Abby worried.

'If it doesn't work, then she dies,' Murphy interrupted as he made his way towards them. 'If she doesn't try, then she dies with the rest of us when the climbers get here. If we're gonna do this – I need the flame.'

Brinley watched the interaction with a calculating gaze.

'Mum, please. He knows what he's doing.' Clarke agreed with Murphy. 'You have to let me go.'

Abby nodded, and Clarke opened her hand enough for Murphy to take the flame.

Brinley found herself beside Bellamy as the two watched Murphy begin the ascension ceremony.

'Lean forward.' Murphy ordered Clarke. Clarke's hand flexed slightly and Bellamy grabbed a hold of it tightly.

'You ready?' Murphy questioned.

'Do it.' Clarke's breathing was getting heavier.

'Ascende Superius.'

The flame activated, driving itself into Clarke's neck. Clarke let out a scream as it disappeared beneath her skin, before she slumped and her eyes closed.

'No, no, no, no.' Abby worried immediately.

Brinley's hands moved to find Clarke's pulse.

'Is she okay?' Bellamy's voice was rough.

'Her heart's racing.' Brinley murmured, feeling the irregular beating against her fingers.

'Get that thing out of her head.' Abby looked at Murphy who hadn't moved. 'I said, get that thing out of her head!'

Murphy's expression clearly told Abby that he didn't appreciate being yelled at. Nonetheless, he moved to remove the flame-

'No. No.' Clarke opened her eyes. 'Not yet.'

'Are you in any pain?' Abby asked Clarke, gripping onto her face.

'No, I'm okay. I know how to stop A.L.I.E.' Clarke looked at them all. 'I have to take the chip.'

'What?' Bellamy sounded horrified.

'I have to go into the city of light and find the kill switch.'

'Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.' Murphy's tone was filled with sarcasm.

'Clarke, listen to me. A.L.I.E wants the flame. If you take the chip, you're giving it to her. The second someone see's you, A.L.I.E is gonna know that you're there. She'll kill you. If your mind dies, you die.' Abby's eyes were filled with tears.

'The flame will protect me. I don't know how I know I just... know.' Clarke tried to explain.

'I believe you.' Bellamy nodded.

Brinley had moved away from the others, her hands finding the small piece of tech lying discarded in the dish Jaha had been using to keep them in once place. 'So do I.'

'Do you even know what you're looking for?' It was clear that Abby wasn't convinced.

'I'll know when I find it.' Clarke smiled.

Abby nodded, kissing Clarke's forehead. 'May we meet again.'

Clarke nodded. 'We will.'

'We'll keep you safe.' Bellamy promised.

Brinley said nothing as she held out the chip to Clarke. Clarke leant forward, opened her mouth and swallowed the chip.

And then she was silent.

*****

It only took five minutes before the waiting began to drive Brinley insane.

In those five minutes, Brinley had moved to stand with Murphy, leaving Abby standing beside Clarke, whose hand was still gripped in Bellamy's.

Brinley let out a sigh, and Murphy looked at her. 'You're not staying here, are you?'

'Nope.' Brinley unsheathed her sword, catching the attention of Abby and Bellamy.

'What are you doing?' Bellamy sounded exasperated.

'You've got it under control here. I'll go and help the others.' Brinley shrugged, squeezing Murphy's arm gently as she backed away from him.

'Brinley-'

Brinley ignored Bellamy as she made her way out into the corridor. She'd barely walked twenty steps before she heard movement behind her.

'Go back to Clarke, Bellamy.'

'Not happening. I'm not leaving you and Octavia in a room with Pike.'

Brinley scoffed. 'Miller and Bryan are there too.'

'Miller won't get in your way and Bryan's injured, he won't be able to stop either of you.' Bellamy rolled his eyes. 'I'm coming with you.'

'Seriously, I-'

Brinley stopped talking as a pale, clammy looking Bryan appeared, being held up by Miller. 'Whoa, you okay?'

Bellamy had paled slightly. 'You left her with Pike?'

Miller nodded sheepishly.

'Get to Abby, quickly.' Brinley uttered to Miller and she ran after Bellamy, who had picked up his pace upon seeing Miller and Bryan.

'O! What are you doing?'

Brinley entered the room, sword by her side seeing Octavia watch as an injured and bleeding Pike was attacked by two of A.L.I.E's soldiers.

'Bellamy, no-!' Octavia tried to stop Bellamy from advancing. But Bellamy pulled away from her grip, raising his gun and shooting the two men dead, leaving Pike to snap the neck of the third.

Bellamy rushed to Pike's aid as Brinley checked on Octavia, who was seething with rage at Bellamy's interruption.

'We gotta go!' Bellamy was pulling Pike away.

'We can't give up the room!' Pike protested.

'We already have.' Bellamy growled out.

Brinley went to follow the others but stopped as a familiar face appeared at the window.

'Oh my god.' Brinley's eyes widened.

Bellamy went to slam the door behind him, but stopped upon realising they were one person short. His gaze found Brinley, wide eyed as she watched Marcus pull himself into the room...

Brinley felt a sharp tug from behind as she was pulled from the room, her body finally cooperating as she hurtled out of the room, her and Bellamy slamming the doors shut, immediately working on a way to block them from opening again.

'I told you, you need to get yourself under control if we're gonna survive this!' Pike chastised Octavia as they lifted furniture and whatever else they could find to form a barricade.

The four of them pushed their body weight against the door, Octavia hitting her head against it as though angry at herself.

'O? O, listen to me.' Bellamy begged Octavia. 'I know how you feel. I let my need for revenge, put me on the wrong side. I don't want that for you.'

The barricade began moving as people started throwing themselves at the door.

'You keep it closed, I'll get more for the barricade.' Octavia's expression had softened slightly as she ran to find more furniture.

The moment Octavia disappeared, Pike spoke.

'Wasn't the wrong side. If the grounder army was still there when Lexa died, they would have attacked and you know it.' Pike sounded disappointed in Bellamy.

Brinley bit her tongue and waited to see if Bellamy would respond, even as the barricade moved behind her as someone else threw themselves at the door.

'I wanted to see things like you. I needed that, to believe that they were bad and we were good. I don't know what I believe anymore. I just know I have to live with what I've done.'

Bellamy closed his eyes as he finished speaking, chest heaving with exertion as his muscles strained to keep the barricade up.

Brinley watched Pike's expression turn dangerous, his gaze fixed on Bellamy.

'Let's get one thing straight.' Brinley spoke making both Bellamy and Pike look at her. Brinley's eyes bore into Pike's. 'If it had been Octavia and I alone in that room with you, you wouldn't have two legs left to stand on.' Brinley's eyes glittered dangerously. 'In fact, the only reason you're still breathing is because of the person standing beside you.'

Pike glanced at Bellamy, who was watching Brinley carefully.

'Perhaps you should be a little more grateful.' Brinley finished as Octavia reappeared, Miller and Bryan by her side.

The group worked together, piling as much furniture up as they could. The slamming on the doors had increased both in frequency and severity.

'This isn't gonna hold for long!' Bryan said what they were all thinking.

'How the hell did they even get in here?' Miller yelled, forehead glistening with sweat.

'Doesn't matter.' Bellamy covered for Octavia. 'This is where we make our stand!'

'Sounds like there's a lot of them. May be time to go to guns.' Miller suggested.

'We got something better than guns.' Pike spoke up from his position against the wall. The group look at him an he elaborated. 'Surprise.'

*****

'I'll take the chip.'

Brinley grit her teeth as she hid in position. She could hear Octavia falsely surrendering to her father. The robotic way in which Marcus spoke sending shivers down Brinley's spine.

'Good, no one else has to die, ever. Maybe you can convince your mentor of that.'

'Indra's alive?' Octavia sounded wary of the information being presented to her.

'Yes. On the cross, suffering needlessly-'

'Now!' Octavia cried.

Brinley joined Miller and Bellamy, throwing an active shock baton into the water that lay on the floor, watching as her Father went down first.

'Charge is clear.' Pike announced after a few moments. 'Hurry up, let's get their weapons.'

Brinley moved towards Marcus immediately, checking that he was still breathing – thankful that he was.

Once all the weapons had been gathered, the group headed back towards the throne room, building another barricade against the entrance to buy themselves some time. It was faster, with more hands this time. And then all they could do was wait.

Brinley hurried towards Murphy, stomach turning as she watched him continuously squeeze Ontari's heart to ensure Clarke's survival.

'You doing okay?'

'I'm fantastic.' Murphy was pale, but focused. 'You okay?'

'Yeah.' Brinley nodded as she tugged off her jacket, tossing it behind Clarke, already preparing for battle. 'I just want this to be over.'

'You and me both.' Murphy murmured.

'This is it!' Bellamy announced.

'You better go.' Murphy nodded at Brinley as she moved away.

'We need to keep Clarke safe, give her some time.' Bellamy continued. 'They're unarmed but they won't feel pain, and they won't stop until they're out cold.'

'Copy that. Go for the knockout.' Miller echoed.

Brinley's eyes shot to Abby as she loaded a gun, Bellamy's gaze drifting too.

'Only if they get past you.' Abby promised, to which Brinley and Bellamy nodded in understanding.

Brinley moved forwards, placing herself closer to the front of the group, standing almost directly beside Bellamy, who looked determined.

Brinley felt her heart begin to race as the barricade started to fall-

-and the doors crashed open.

Brinley rushed head on into the battle, using every bit of strength she had as she slammed the hilt of her sword down again and again and again, stunning and knocking out whoever got in her way.

Brinley felt someone grab her from behind, she struggled in their grip for a moment before she had no other choice but to strike out, cutting into whomever was holding her hostage.

Brinley had been backed into a corner, closer to Abby and Clarke. From her position she watched as a grounder got closer to an unsuspecting Murphy and-

- Brinley got there first and struck with vicious intent, slicing open the man's throat, being rewarded with a thick spray of blood that hit just below her chin.

Brinley gagged at the smell.

'Brin! Brin are you okay?' Murphy worried, hands slowing down on Ontari's heart as he started to turn-

'I'm okay. Keep pumping her heart.' Brinley spluttered, wiping her hand over her face slightly. 'You good?'

'Yeah.' Murphy returned to Ontari's side. 'Thanks.'

'Anytime.'

Brinley's eyes locked on her next target as she bought her sword down again.

Brinley glanced towards Clarke to check the blonde was still okay, but the look on Abby's face startled her. It was desperate and hopeless, and the gun was shaking in her hands.

Brinley followed her gaze and the breath left her body.

Bellamy was on the ground, and Brinley's own father was choking the life from his body.

Brinley didn't hesitate; she moved towards them her sword flashing like lightning as she cut down anyone in her path.

Brinley made a silent prayer for forgiveness as she locked her arms around her Father's neck, using all her strength to pull him off of Bellamy. It wasn't easy, but Brinley tightened her arms, choking Marcus. Though he couldn't feel pain, his body still reacted to the oxygen deprivation.

Brinley let out a cry of frustration as she squeezed harder, until finally, Marcus's hands slipped away from Bellamy's neck and went slack.

Brinley began to release Marcus as she felt his muscles loosen, but it had been the wrong thing to do, because suddenly her back was on the floor and Marcus' hands were around her neck, squeezing the life from her body.

Bellamy could barely see, his body still sluggish as he sucked air back into his lungs. Everything hurt and his vision was still slightly blurred. Nonetheless he blinked his eyes until he could see as he forced his body to stand.

He found Brinley almost immediately.

In helping him, Brinley had taken his place on the receiving end of Marcus' suffocating grip.

Bellamy stumbled slightly, using Brinley's approach to attack Marcus from behind. Bellamy was much stronger than Brinley, and as such after a few moments of struggling, Bellamy was able to pull Marcus up and away from Brinley, whose face was red as she coughed air back into her lungs.

Not even a second later, something changed. The fighting ceased and Jaha's scream of pain filled the room.

Marcus had stopped fighting against Bellamy's grip, feeling as though he'd woken from a dream. His eyes found his daughter, bloodied and beaten, at his feet as she sucked in lungful's of air.

Bellamy seemed to realise the change as he loosened his grip, allowing Marcus control of his body.

Brinley sat up, hand against her throat as it burned, her eyes finding Clarke, who was awake and watching the scene with hazy eyes.

'John? I'm so sorry.'

Murphy rushing towards a grounder girl and embracing her in a tight hug caught Brinley's attention for a moment.

Clearly, Murphy and Brinley had a lot of catching up to do.

Marcus was shaking, and his breathing was irregular as he came to terms with all that he'd done. Brinley carefully reached out a hand to comfort him, only for him to turn away from her quickly.

Brinley felt a sting of rejection go through her as Abby appeared, embracing him with no complaints from Marcus at all. Brinley's face must have betrayed her true emotions as Bellamy helped her up.

'It's a lot to take in. Give him time.' He whispered in her ear.

Brinley nodded slightly, and after surveying the area and checking her friends were okay, she spoke. 'Let's go help Clarke.'

'A.L.I.E's gone.' Were the first words she said to them as she stood up shakily.

'I figured.' Bellamy's voice held no humour.

Clarke looked away from both of them.

'Clarke, you're not acting like someone who just saved the world.' Bellamy looked concerned and almost nervous about what Clarke would say next, whatever relief he had been feeling dissipating with every second it took Clarke to speak.

'Because we didn't.' Clarke shook her head and Brinley's heart sank. 'Not yet.'

Brinley forced her gaze away from Clarke and Bellamy as she realised that whatever news Clarke had, would most likely change her world again. Brinley's eyes found Octavia, watching as Pike approached her.

Brinley saw Octavia's fingers tense and she knew what was coming, even as Pike nodded at the younger Blake as though in some sort of understanding.

'O-' Brinley got two steps forward before it happened.

Octavia struck, and though the first contact of sword into flesh went deep enough to cause significant internal damage, Octavia pushed again, ensuring her sword went straight through Pike's abdomen.

No one else moved, though there were wide-eyed expressions on many people's faces.

Octavia removed her sword and with one last shuddering breath, Pike fell.

Brinley didn't so much as blink, and Octavia didn't glance at anyone as she turned and exited the room.

Brinley turned back to Bellamy, noting the horrified expression on his face and the slight tremble of his lower lip as he watch his little sister ruthlessly kill someone without a single look of regret.

Clarke shook her head before she spoke. 'I need to talk to both of you.'

Brinley was surprised that she was being included but she nodded along with Bellamy anyway.

Clarke's eyes were drawn to movement for a moment. 'Just let me check on some of these people first, I won't be long.'

Brinley had a feeling that Clarke was delaying telling them what she knew, but she let it go anyway. 'Sure, can you... can you check on my Dad?'

Clarke didn't ask questions, though Brinley could see confusion in her expression. 'Sure.'

Brinley watched her walk away with a frown; both curiosity and fear to know what Clarke knew filling her.

What could possibly have Clarke so shaken?

'What happened to going for the knockout?' Bellamy asked from beside Brinley, his eyes on her blood soaked shirt.

'He was going for Murphy.' Brinley said for way of explanation.

Bellamy nodded in understanding, looking nervous suddenly. 'Thank you, for pulling Kane away.'

Brinley gave Bellamy a small smile. 'Thank you for doing the same for me.'

Bellamy smiled back at her, smile slipping as Brinley's own fell away. 'What's wrong?'

'What do you think Clarke knows?'

Bellamy pursed his lips. 'I have no idea, but whatever it is, it can't be good.'

Brinley shook her head lightly. 'You're supposed to lie and tell me it'll be nothing.'

Bellamy's lips twitched into a smile for a moment. 'Would you believe me?'

'Not in the slightest.' Brinley fought back a smile before she spoke again. 'But really, what if it's something we can't overcome this time?'

'Whatever it is, we'll figure it out.' Bellamy noticed Brinley's expression hadn't changed. 'Hey.' He placed his hand on her shoulder. 'We'll get through it, whatever it is. We always do.'

Brinley reached her hand up, placing it on top of Bellamy's and squeezing gently. 'I really hope you're right.'

Together, the two watched as the chaos began to slowly die out as reality finally set in. All around the room friends, lovers, and families were finding each other, with horrified expressions as they realised what they had done.

Both Brinley and Bellamy stood silently, hands entwined, entirely unaware that in a matter of moments, Clarke would utter the words that would change their whole worlds –

- Again. 

*****

E N D  O F  S E A S O N  T H R E E 

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 193 25
In a world where it was all kill or be killed, watch someone die or die yourself. Tyra found something unexpected that came from the sky above. Her...
11.3K 227 48
Ataraxia (at·​a·​rax·​ia) (n.) a state of blissful and serene calmness; freedom from emotional disturbance and anxiety. [ Bellamy Blake x OC ] When F...
39.2K 1.1K 105
97 years ago, the world ended. It didn't get better after that. There was no rainbow, no olive branch. The flood of destruction would not simply evap...
163K 3.5K 40
"I can't believe it, you literally had one job." "It's not my fault that my decoy was rubbish." "I'm gonna have to stop calling you hotshot because y...