Silently Falling | √

By LoneRanger3

[COMPLETED] Alexis was your typical everyday good girl with excellent grades, a single best friend, an annoyi... More

Silently Falling
Character Aesthetic
•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
•Chapter 4•
•Chapter 5•
•Chapter 6•
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 9•
•Chapter 11•
•Chapter 12•
•Chapter 13•
•Chapter 14•
•Chapter 15•
•Chapter 16•
•Chapter 17•
•Chapter 18•
•Chapter 19•
•Chapter 20•
•Chapter 21•
•Chapter 22•
•Chapter 23•
•Chapter 24•
•Chapter 25•
•Chapter 26•
•Chapter 27•
•Chapter 28•
•Chapter 29•
•Chapter 30•
•Chapter 31•
•Chapter 32•
•Chapter 33•
•Chapter 34•
•Chapter 35•
•Chapter 36•
•Chapter 37•
•Chapter 38•
•Chapter 39•
•Chapter 40•
•Chapter 41•
•Chapter 42•
•Epilogue•
Other Books
ANNOUNCEMENT
Bonus Chapter: The Accident

•Chapter 10•

11.5K 421 58
By LoneRanger3

I COULDN'T SLEEP the whole night. I kept tossing and turning as beads of sweat formed on my forehead. I knew I should have taken my medication but I didn't. In fact, I had poured it all down the toilet earlier with the hopes of my mom not finding out that I decided to stop taking my medication all together.

I wasn't quite sure if it was the lack of medication or the fact that I was feeling queasy over Nick's new reaction towards me. Should I be happy that he at least is starting to be nice to me? I didn't know.

When I did finally manage to fall asleep, it was past three in the morning and I didn't get any sleep as the stupid alarm clock decided it was the right time to blur it's annoying tune.

I groaned and pulled the duvet over my head once more and went back to sleep.

Minutes later and the duvet was being yanked by someone. "You better wake up now or so help me I will drag your arse out of bed," the sweet voice of my mum spoke.

"Just a few more minutes, please?" I groaned still not opening my eyes.

"Alexis Vance do not make me have to come back again or so help me," she said as she walked out of my room.

I groaned once more and slowly peeled my eyes open only to close them again from the bright light that was shining in my eyes. Eventually, I fully opened them and got up.

Something didn't feel right, it was as if I wasn't in my own body and I was just floating about. I shook off the feeling, went to the bathroom in my room and brushed my teeth, hair and washed my face before returning back to my room. I threw on the first things that I laid my eyes on-which was a pair of grey sweatpants, a white long sleeve tee and some white converse.

"You better be down here in the next minute or I'll be dragging you to school, " the voice of my mum shouted from downstairs.

I quickly grabbed my bag and dashed out of my room taking the stairs two at a time.

Mum was waiting by the front door with two flasks in hand and her car keys dangling on my right hand. "You look awful," she commented as she saw me. "You look like you've been run over by truck. Your eyes look hollow and sunken in even with your spectacles on," she said as she passed me a flask.

I rolled my eyes, "such good words mom," I spoke as we made our way out the front door and locked it.

"Are you okay? You don't seem that fine to me," mum commented as she put the car into drive.

"I'm fine, I just feel a little off today and I don't why."

"Did you take your medication?"

"Yes," I lied but that seemed to ease her a bit.

She looked at me for a second before concentrating back on the road, "if you don't feel fine later in the day just call me and I'll be there to pick you up. Or you could tell Asher to bring you home."

"You know Asher still isn't talking to me so I doubt he'll even want to see me," I said looking out the window.

"Just try, I'm sure he'll listen to you."

I was quiet after that and occasionally took sips from my flask as I allowed the hot coffee to slowly warm my insides.

"We're here," she announced.

I got out of the car and grabbed my things, "I'll see you later."

"See you later honey and don't forget to greet your three handsome friends for me will you?" she said with a wink before backing out of the parking lot.

I shook my head at her and made my way towards the main entrance while casually sipping my coffee. Not even the coffee could make me feel better, something was completely off but I pushed that thought to the back of my head as I entered the combination on my locker and took out the books I needed.

"Morning," Jake said with a huge smile that showed both his dimples.

"Morning to you too," I said as I closed my locker and turned to fully face him. "Where is the rest of the elite squad?" I joked.

Jake rolled his eyes, "they are somewhere around here," he said shrugging. "Why do you look like a semi zombie whose transition did not fully occur?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

I shrugged as well, "I wouldn't know and thanks for the compliment, really makes a girl feel special."

"It's the chivalrous thing to do," he said with a grin.

The hallway was buzzing with pupils rushing to their respective morning classes while others just stood by their lockers chatting away with their friends as we navigated our way to our first period of the day-Civic Ed.

"Oh God," I said.

Jake turned to look at me with concerned eyes, "what's wrong?"

"I don't feel too good," I responded as I clutched my head with one hand and rubbed my temple. "I think I'm going to be sick."

Colour drained from Jake's face as he helped guide me back to the the parking lot instead, "you need some fresh air," he commented as he grabbed his phone and called someone.

I could feel myself slowly slipping in-and-out of consciousness.

"Stay with me Alexis, I've got you," he mumbled but his voice sounded too far away. I saw two silhouettes moving towards us before everything went black.

-----☆-----

I could hear voices speaking but didn't know who they belonged too or what they were saying. I slowly stirred from my sleep and buried my face into the pillow. Wait, a pillow?

My eyes immediately flew open and I was surrounded by white walls with pastel flowers painted on them. My hand was connected to an IV tube and the heart monitor was slowly beeping. I immediately knew I was in hospital but how I got there I did not quite know.

The voices speaking were from outside the door and soon enough the door opened to review Dr. Dave with a clipboard in hand and mum closely behind him.

"You're awake," he said as he moved closer to the bed to check on the machines.

Mum was rooted by door with bloodshot eyes and tears streaming down her face. She didn't move or utter any word.

"What happened?" I croaked.

Dr. Dave stood in front of me with a small smile on his face and a glass of water, "drink this," he said. "Your blood oxygen level was significantly low and not enough oxygenated blood was reaching your brain so as a result you collapsed but thankfully your friends brought you in just in time."

Friends? I don't have any friends, the only friend I have is Asher and he's not too keen on talking to me at the moment.

"I've prescribed some pills you need to be taking for the next few days and you'll be good to go back home by tomorrow," he said as he turned to leave, "And please make sure you take them this time."

I was left with mum who still hadn't left her spot by the door, "why did you it?" she asked.

I didn't know what to say to make her understand so I just kept quiet.

"Asher is waiting to speak with you outside," she said before walking out.

The door flew open and in strode Asher. "Oh thank God you're okay," he said as took the seat next to the bed and grabbed my hand in his. "I don't know what I would have done if something bad had happened to you," he said as he looked away from me, "I'm so sorry Alexis, I wish I was there but I wasn't and Jake and his friends were the ones to be there for you when I-your best friend wouldn't even talk to you."

A weak smile made its way onto my face as I squeezed his hand, "you don't need to apologise, I'm the one who is sorry for putting you through everything."

"I don't know what I would do without you in my life and the fact that I could have lost you today with how we left things off, it would have killed me," he said quickly wiping away a stray tear. "I'm such an awful best friend."

"No you're not. Let's just move on and start afresh, " I said. "Best friends?"

"Best friends," Asher said as he smiled. "Your friends are outside, do you want to see them?"

I thought over it for awhile before I slowly nodded, "sure let them in."

Asher stood up and walked to the door and minutes later Kai. Jake and Nick were strolling in.

"You're okay," Jake said with a relieved sigh. "I was so scared that something had happened to you when you passed out in the parking lot."

Kai scoffed, "you nearly passed out yourself from hyperventilating too much for no justifiable reason."

"Well forgive me for being overly sensitive to such things," Jake retorted.

I smiled at the three of them, "guys I'm okay. Do you two ever not argue?" I asked.

"Unfortunately they don't," Nick said. "They are like Tom and Jerry only they cannot talk."

"Seriously dude? You're comparing us to them? Kai said with a pout, "that's not cool."

"Agreed," Jake said as well.

Nick just shrugged.

I laughed at the three of them and how they managed to get along with each other.

"You're both ridiculous," I said as my eyes began to close on their own, "I'll see you guys later," I said before falling back asleep.

~A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 7.5K 82
Every high schooler says that high school is hell, but for an eighteen-year-old, Isla, it really is. For someone who is so sweet and pure she doesn'...
1.4M 39.7K 60
{Highest Rank: #21 in Teen Fiction, #1 in Comedy, and #10 in HighSchool} THE LAST 20 CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN REMOVED! THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE AND THIS BOOK...
2.2M 52.8K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
33.3K 1.1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...