A Lifetime Promise

By yujexroo

Highest rank #1 in Romance Highest rank #1 in Historical Fiction (08/01/18 ⇢ 19/11/18) A normal high schooler... More

Announcement
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64: The End
Bonus 1: Fu Hanyu
Bonus 2: Qiang Jingyi
Bonus 3: Lin Xinglan
Q&A [UPDATE]
CHARACTERS
Last A/N + New Story

Chapter 43

21.8K 882 265
By yujexroo

THIS ISN'T ACTUALLY CHAPTER 43! I have actually an announcement for ALP readers.
Bad news actually.

I will NOT continue writing ALP. It's too cringe, I have no idea where this story is going. I have had enough with trying to come up ideas only to have them loose and full of plot holes.

Thank you for your support from the beginning to the end.

Although ALP will end now, I will publish my new story tomorrow. Please check it out!

I apologize for disappointing those who liked reading this very story. I shall set up a funeral and everyone is welcome there. Don't forget to bring your favorite ALP quote with you so you can bid your goodbye to the story by leaving the quote behind.

FAREWELL ALP AND WELCOME MY NEW STORY !

SCROLL DOWN TO READ THE TITLE OF THE NEW STORY AND THE SHORT DESCRIPTION!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Just kidding.
Please continue to scroll down to read chapter 43 of ALP.
Have a happy reading.

🍵🍵🍵

"Young master, the crown prince told Qiang Jingyi the location. If he only used his brain in a better way... Should this one take care of crown prince for good?" A flash flew past the blue eyes of the black cloaked man with a short blonde hair. Just as in Zaki Yaman's case, he was noticeable a foreigner.

Fu Hanyu lifted the wine cup to put it against his lips to drink, he closed his eyes as he enjoyed the taste.

"No need, too bothersome. Just let that stupid boy do whatever he wants, in the end, it doesn't even matter."

"I understand. Then, what does young master plan to do with that girl?"

Fu Hanyu was about to put the wine cup down on the table but stopped midway when he heard the other's words. He had thought of several ways to handle that dumb woman but he needed to handle Qiang Jingyi first. That man was a hindrance and troublesome to handle, it really made Fu Hanyu wanting to put an end to him as soon as possible.

When the blue eyed man saw that Fu Hanyu didn't reply, he continued, "That girl is someone important to Qiang Jingyi and also our bargaining chip to get the other map pieces to our hands. Since that man already knows where young master is, he will soon surround this place and take the girl back."

The lips curled into a small smirk on Fu Hanyu's face, "See, that's where you're wrong. He isn't a reckless man, he knows what I'm capable of if he did that. But..." He slowly put the empty wine cup on the table as his smirk turned upside down, "Maybe I'm wrong this time. Perhaps he will really do such rash move..."

The blue eyed man didn't understand what Fu Hanyu was thinking, he hesitated a bit, "Young master?"

Fu Hanyu shook his head, "Ah, my head hurts from thinking too much... Whatever, let's go check out that dumb woman."

Nodding, the blue eyed man silently followed Fu Hanyu to the prison where they put Lin Xinglan.

On the other side, Lin Xinglan was getting hungry, she didn't know how long she had been in the prison since there weren't any windows or hole to see through outside. There wasn't much in her cell, just a couple of chains with handcuffs against the walls, old and dry blood was everywhere as if the room was out from a gory horror movie.

It would be a lie if Lin Xinglan wasn't scared, she had even taken a seat on the dirty ground, embracing herself. She didn't want to know what kind of things happened inside the cells.

She had just started to rub her stomach to ease her hunger when she heard a sound coming from the opposite side. It was a sound of footsteps and it became louder and clearer as the seconds passed by.

Now there were two figures standing in front of the bars that belonged to the cell Lin Xinglan was in. She looked at the golden masked man with annoyance yet at the same time, she did feel a small fear in her heart as she didn't know what that man had planned for her. But as long as she knew the fact that he had something planned for her, she knew it would never be something good for her at least.

"How is it to live in a cell?" Fu Hanyu amusingly asked.

"Why don't I put you in a cell, you will experience the feeling first-handedly." Lin Xinglan showed him a smile that wasn't a smile.

"Rude girl! Don't you act like that towards young master!" The blue eyed man that stood beside Fu Hanyu shouted angrily.

Lin Xinglan sighed and quietly muttered, "What young master? That man is more like an idiotic criminal that kills for fun."

Unfortunately, the blue eyed man and Fu Hanyu had heard Lin Xinglan's words quite well.

The blue eyed man scowled, "Watch your mouth before I'll make it permanently closed!"

Fu Hanyu raised his hand in front of the blue eyed man to stop the man from talking further, "Enough, Xavier."

The blue eyed man regained his composure and obediently obeyed Fu Hanyu, "Yes, I apologize, young master."

Lin Xinglan, on the other hand, raised her eyebrow in disbelief, "Xavier? Your name is Xavier?"

Seeing the look on Lin Xinglan, the blue eyed man became irked, "That's right. My name is Xavier." Then he looked very proud as he continued, "I received the honor of young master, he gave me the name."

He expected a reaction from Lin Xinglan but he never expected for her to suddenly laugh after he was done talking.

"What are you laughing at?!"

"No, nothing... It's just that your name is quite..."

"My name is quite what?" The blue eyed man, Xavier, squinted his eyes.

"That is.. You have quite a nice name!" Lin Xinglan smiled calmly as she complimented him, although she was trying her best to not laugh again.

Besides reading novels, she also read enough stories on internet to know that the name 'Xavier' was a cliché name for werewolves - specifically, alphas. However, that wasn't the biggest reason why she laughed.

Xavier didn't expect for her to say such thing after she had laughed but he only snorted and didn't reply back. Fu Hanyu had been observing Lin Xinglan ever since he stepped inside the prison. His eyes were unclear to his thoughts, it was hard to see what he was thinking when he observed her. However, he didn't think further as he spoke:

"Dumb woman, Qiang Jingyi knows about this place..."

Lin Xinglan raised her head to look at Fu Hanyu in surprise, hope began to form in her heart.

Fu Hanyu smiled as he continued, "Now, now... Don't hold your hopes up high. He may have found about this place but it doesn't mean you'll be able to leave in one piece."

She pursed her lips, "What do you want? Why are you telling me this?"

She wasn't sure what Fu Hanyu wanted, but telling her about this news, there must be something he wanted from her. She could never really tell what was going in that sadistic mind of his.

"You're my bargaining chip. I'll hand you over to Qiang Jingyi if he hand over the map pieces that are currently in his hands to me."

Lin Xinglan narrowed her eyes, "I'm sure that's not all, right? What more do you have to say?"

Fu Hanyu smirked in return and playfully said, "This is where the fun part comes... After every 30 minutes have passed and I still don't have the map pieces in my hands, you will be whipped ten times."

His words gave Lin Xinglan's back cold sweats but she couldn't show her weakness so she stayed calm on the surface.

"Is the whole map that important?" She looked at Fu Hanyu to see him still smirking, "I don't get it. You don't even know if there are really treasures to begin with yet you're still blindly chasing after it and eliminate everyone that blocks your way. What are you going to do if you find out there was nothing?"

"Your voice is really horrible. I don't really care whether it's fake or real. I can afford it either way."

Lin Xinglan's words sounded very reasonable, there was a possibility that everything was a fraud, however, Fu Hanyu never cared about that. So what if he was searching for the treasures? If everything was real, he would have the treasures and power in his hands. If it was a fraud in the end, no big deal, he would search for the next treasure.

What about all the people that were dragged in and were killed by him? He couldn't give a damn about it. After all, he was one of the bosses in the criminal underworld, he wasn't a Bodhisattva or a saint. Killing people for him was like killing ants.

The corner of her lips twitched upon hearing Fu Hanyu's reply. In the end, she didn't know what she expected from him when she asked him the question.

Xavier was taken aback over Lin Xinglan's composure, he didn't think she could be so calm over the situation she was in but he was more surprised when he saw how she interacted with Fu Hanyu. It was as if it wasn't her first time, as if she had done it numerous times like they were familiar to each other. It was really strange but it was impossible because he knew Fu Hanyu had never met Lin Xinglan before he ordered Yu Shun to take her as a hostage. 

"Did you come to see me just for this?" Lin Xinglan asked.

"If I didn't have to see you, I wouldn't. You are spoiling my eyes." Fu Hanyu said with a voice full of scorn.

He added, "I'm telling you to prepare yourself to be whipped but I also need you to look clean, you need to look presentable when I show you to Qiang Jingyi as an evidence that I haven't laid a hand on you... Yet."

Lin Xinglan clenched her jaw in anger, he hadn't changed a single bit! She wished to beat him up to a pulp. Even her laziness would make it as an exception.

With a forced smile, she said, "Since you're being so kind, don't forget to let me eat along the way. I'm hungry."

Fu Hanyu smiled back, "I was planning to let you eat after I let you out of this tiny cell but now that you mentioned it yourself.... Xavier, you can give her food starting... Tomorrow."

She wanted to scream and curse that bastard but she held in, she couldn't snap so quick. To be able to tolerate Fu Hanyu, she had to keep her calmness and patience, otherwise, she would get a bad health from all the constant anger and frustration.

Lin Xinglan was finally out of the prison, she was brought to a guest room as Xavier ordered some maids to clean and dress her. Lin Xinglan wasn't used to have others serve her so she felt awkward when the maids touched her skin and looked at her body but she noticed the look they gave her when they saw her scars on her shoulder and arm.

She didn't get offended because their reaction was understandable, they saw a disfigured girl at the young age 15, soon 16. Females in this time always took care of their body, they regarded their appearance as their treasure. Lin Xinglan ignored their judgmental and pity looks.

After becoming presentable and clean, Lin Xinglan was left alone in the guest room with guards outside to prevent me from escaping. Even if there weren't any guards, she wouldn't think of escaping because her hunger was too much, she felt not only lightheaded but also grumpy and short tempered.

If someone disturbed her while she was hungry, she would become irritated and annoyed at the person or basically at everything, small or big.

To make it worse for Lin Xinglan, she was notified by a messenger that Fu Hanyu was going to see her soon.

| |─‿‿─)🍵🍵🍵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

921K 43.3K 77
[Completed] Yan Zi, a botanist and author, accidentally transmigrated into her own historical novel as the notorious villainess. She meets Xu Kai, th...
135K 3.7K 55
A girl in 21century tried to run away from home. However she got into accident and got reincarnated into another world.
6.2K 128 19
Lizzy has her own well-run clothing line From Liz With Love and is asked by Williams for a collaboration with their drivers. Lizzy is very happy to g...
14.4K 259 12
"Your so stupid sometimes," I laughed out, "You know you love me," Camilo said while pulling me close, the space between us quickly disappearing "May...