Lie With Me

By ItsAnaHere

My name is Anastasia Stratford. I entered a whole new world with one signature. Why I did it? Simple. Money... More

Waiting
Busy
Face to face with the devil
Disaster
Surprise
Amateur Actress
The Contract
Aloha!
Awkward
Wedding Day - Part 1
Wedding Day - Part 2
Star of the Show
A Fresh Start
New Home
Party Plans?
Full of Hot Air
Confessions
Denial
The Room's Spinning
The Tourist
Birthday Tears
Lies
Sick Day
Engagement Party
Breakup
Cheers To Us
From the Heart
Complications
Talk to Me
Sisters by Chance?
By Blood
What A Small World
Beg
Shrink
My Time Is Up
Letting Go
Therapy?
Broken
Eavesdropping
Fate?
What's New
Disaster Brewing?
Wedding Vows
Til Death Do Us Part?
Unfolded
Spill the Beans
All Mixed Up

A Good Day Runined

6.7K 288 53
By ItsAnaHere

My eyes open easily this morning. My head feels empty and I feel good. I need some water. My feet drag my body to the kitchen and I find Alex trying to open a bottle of orange juice. "Need some help?"

He groans in frustration. "Yes please."

I walk over and open the orange juice bottle with no problem.

"Thanks, it's a drag that my right arm is broken."

I give him a look of sympathy. "I'm sure it will heal in no time. If you ever need anything, just ask." With that I turn to the fridge and grab a bottle of water.

"Well there is something you can do," Alex says.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I wouldn't mind if you helped me in the office today with some of my work."

"Sure I don't mind," I respond.

He smiled. "Great."

"You want some breakfast?" I offered.

"Yeah I would love some."

"What would you like?" I ask in a pleasing tone. I felt good today. I was just in a good mood. Oddly in a good mood.

"Anything's fine."

"Pancakes okay?" I ask.

He gives me a smile. "Of course."

Wow, I don't know what it was but I felt so light and alert. I haven't felt this way in a long time. Plus it was a beautiful sunny day. I make the pancake mix and smile to myself for no reason. My mind seemed so blank like I could think about anything.

"You seem to be in a good mood today," I hear Alex say.

I turn the stove on and add a bit of oil to the pan. "I guess I am."

"Any particular reason?"

I stir the mix a little more. "Not that I know of."
I start making the pancakes and I also fry some bacon too.

I put some food on a plate and give it to Alex. "Breakfast is served."

"Thanks."

I get both of us a fork and we start eating.

"These are really good," Alex comments.

I smile. "Thank you."

After I get done eating I get ready to go to work with Alex. It feels like ages since I've been to he office. I end up wearing a white sleeved dress with matching pointy white heels. I felt fancy today and decided to curl my hair. After some makeup I'm ready to conquer my day.

I walk out to the living room and Alex wasn't there. He better hurry he's already late for work, but I guess it doesn't really matter considering he's the boss. I wait about ten minutes and he's still not done. I walk to his room and knock on the door. "Are you almost ready? We should probably get going."

The door opens revealing a naked Alex with only boxers on. I immediately turn my body around so I can't see him.

"I'm having trouble getting dressed with this arm. Would you mind helping?" Alex asks.

What. I do not want to get him dressed. I would definitely die of embarrassment. "Are you sure you don't want one of your security guys to help instead?"

I hear him chuckle behind me. "Yeah I don't think so."

I groan inside. "I guess I can try." I take in a breath. I can do this without squirming. I turn and face Alex only focusing of his face. I'm already dying inside.

I see a black t-shirt lying on his bed along with a pair of blue jeans. Strange that he's not wearing a suit for once but I guess he kind of can't because of his arm. Well I mean he could wear one but it might not look good. Not going to lie but this was awkward as hell. I guide his arm through the holes and then he helps me pull his shirt over his head. Next his pants. Let's do this quick.

I hold them up contemplating how I want to do this. "Here why don't you sit down," I say."

Alex sits down on the bed and I bend over and put one leg in at a time and then order him to stand. I pull them up quickly while my eyes were closed. I was already beyond embarrassed and warm. I zip and button his pants quickly. My eyes accidentally meet Alex's eyes and he was staring at me. I quickly look away. "Okay sit back down so I can put on your socks."

He sits down once again and lets out a laugh. "You're definitely mom material."

I smile. "Is that a compliment or should I be offended?" I pull his socks over his feet with ease.

"A compliment."

I stand up and don't see his shoes anywhere.
"Where are your shoes?"

"Oh they're in my closet, I'll go get them."

Before he starts getting up, I put a hand on his shoulder. "No it's fine, I can get them."

"Okay thanks, just grab a pair of Nikes."

I open the large wooden door that leads to his closet. My eyes bulge out. Wow. That's a big closet. Shelves arranged everywhere and everything was so neat. I spot some Nikes on a shelf . Scratch that I spot what seems like a sea of Nike shoes. I simply grab a pair of black Nikes and walk out. After I slip his shoes on and tie them, he gets up and leads me out of his room.

We arrive at the office and as soon as we arrive on Alex's floor I greet Katie with a big genuine smile.

"Hi Katie," I say.

She comes towards me and gives a hug. "Hey, it's been awhile."

She lets go of me. "Yeah we need to get together sometime."

"Definitely," she says.

I wave at her as I walk into Alex's office. I spot Alex in his chair already reviewing something.

"What can I do for you?" I ask as I walk towards him.

"I have a meeting in 30 minutes, you can help me hand out things and take notes," Alex states.

"Doesn't your secretary usually do that?" I ask.

"Oh about that, I fired her," he stated simply.

"Lillian was that bad at her job?" I ask.

"She was alright at getting coffee, but other than that she was not cut out for the job," Alex stated.

"So you just do everything yourself now?"

He nods. "Pretty much, but I do plan to hire a new secretary soon."

"You know you I could be your secretary for awhile until you find the right replacement," I casually suggest. I honestly wanted to work. I couldn't just stay at home all day even though there's been a lot going on lately.

"You were good at the job but I don't want my wife working," Alex states.

"We're not married yet, besides I don't want to stay at home all day."

"You don't have to stay at home you can go shopping and stuff," Alex replies.

"As much as I love shopping, I couldn't do it every single day."

"Fine but only until I hire a replacement," Alex agrees.

I smile. "Thank you, I appreciate it."

She returns the smile. "Anything for you."

"Are you going to call off this engagement?" I suddenly blurt out. I've been dying to know.

He gives me a weird look. "Why would I do that?"

Um hello? "Well I just figured that since Ainsley's back then you wouldn't need this engagement."

His lips move into a thin line. "The engagements not off."

"Okay." I say not wanting to push him."

The meeting was successful. Lunch time. Yes. Alex takes me to a nearby restaurant. The restaurant was filled but luckily a table opened for us. The food must be really good. I ordered a ham BLT and a bowl of vegetable and beef stew. Alex ordered the same soup as me but he got a ham sandwich instead of a BLT. Our food came and it looked absolutely amazing. I a took spoonful of the hearty soup and it was the best I've ever had.

"How is it?" Alex asked.

"It's so good!" I exclaim while taking a big bite of my BLT. Alex looks amused as I scarf my food. Let's just say I like to take really big bites. Alex continues to stare at me like he was watching T.V. or something. "Is there something wrong?"

Alex grins. "I've never seen anyone eat their food like that before."

I get a little embarrassed. "Sorry I have a habit of taking really big bites. I'll try to slow down a bit."

Alex chuckles. "No please don't, I like that your enjoying your food."

I smile. "Okay." I eat all my food and I'm stuffed. Alex finishes shortly after.

"Want desert?" Alex asks.

I shake my head. "I'm stuffed."

"Come on, surely you have just a little bit of room?"

"Alex I really can't, I'll explode if I eat anymore."

"If I order something for me will you try it?" Asks pushes.

I sigh. "Fine, but I'm only having one bite."

As the waitress comes back he orders something called the number 7. "What's the number 7?"

"It's a surprise," Alex says simply.

A few minutes later the waitress comes back with a huge slice of chocolate cake with whipped cream and strawberries. "How many layers does that cake have?"

"10 layers and in between each is chocolate mousse and it's also dark chocolate."

"I love dark chocolate," I say excitedly. Even though I was full it looked so good. Alex scoops some up with his fork and held it to my mouth. I open my mouth and it's amazing. It melts right in my mouth. It's the best chocolate cake I've ever had. It's hard to find a good chocolate cake. Most of them are always so sweet, but not this one, it's perfect. "That's the best!"

I watch Alex eat it. "I know, I get it every time I come here."

I pick up my fork and keep eating at it until there was nothing left. My stomach is already growing in size. "That was too much."

Alex smirked. "I thought you were only having one bite?"

"Shut up I just couldn't resist." I groan.

Alex only laughed. Alex and I returned back to work. He has a lot of catching up to do. We had dinner at that office. Chinese. Yum. After what seemed like forever we got everything taken care of. Well mostly everything.

I yawn as one of his drivers take us home.

"Tired?" Alex asks softly.

"Yeah," I reply sleepily.

"Thank you for helping me today, I really appreciate it," Alex thanks.

I smile as my eyelids droop close. "Anytime Alex."

I feel someone nudge me on the shoulder. "Wake up Ana, we're home."

I just groan. I just felt so sleepy.

I suddenly feel Alex stroking my cheek? "Come on doll, I would carry you but I got a broken arm to deal with."

"Fine," I say in a cranky voice. Let's just say I'm not very pleasant to be around when I'm tired. My eyes pry open and I hurriedly get out of the car and speed walk to the elevator. I was so ready to go sleep in that comfortable bed.

"Woah slow down." I hear Alex walking behind me.

I roll my eyes. Finally the elevator comes. We step inside and the doors close. As the cart moves I lay my head to the elevator walls. As soon as the elevator doors open I slid off my heels and walk to our room literally almost half asleep. My hand twists the knob open and a hand grabs my wrist and pulls me into the pitch back room. I start to panic.

"Ready to play Alex?" A familiar feminine voice whispers into my ear.

Ainsley? "Um Ainsley?" I say awkwardly in the pitch black darkness. I feel for the light switch and with success I turn on the light. My eyes met Ainsley's. What the actual fuck. Ainsley was standing in front me naked while wearing a policemen's cap and holding a pair of handcuffs. I automatically guided my feet out of Alex's room. I wanted to throw up. I cringed so bad. I wanted to wash my eyes out with soap.

My feet guided me to the kitchen and there sat Alex on a stool drinking a glass of water. Alex noticed me as I walked in.

He raised a brow at me? "I thought you would be out in bed by now."

I awkwardly laugh. "I think I'll sleep in the guest room tonight."

Alex looked confused. "Why?"

I shrug. "Oh you know, I don't it's right that we share a room anymore since your back with Ainsley now."

Alex didn't say anything. Okay then. I grab a bottle of water and as I'm about to leave I turn to him. "By the way, Ainsley's waiting for you in your room and she's naked." Again he doesn't say anything. We stare at each other for a few second before I turned to leave.

I hurriedly walk to the extra room. I sit on bed replaying that horrific image. Ew. I had a pretty good idea about what they were going to do and that absolutely and completely disgusted me. I had such a good day with Alex today and then this happened. I felt angry yet frustrated. I take a deep breathe. You can't do this to yourself Ana. With that I fell asleep with my headphones in.

I wake up pretty early. It was 5:00 a.m. I was still in the same white dress as yesterday because my clothes were in Alex's room. I wanted to go workout this morning. You know what I'm just going to go get some clothes. I tip toe down the hall and luckily the door was cracked open. I prepare myself for the gross sight I was about to endure. I quietly slip in the door and there was Alex on one side of the bed while Ainsley on the other. Both sleeping. Obviously I could tell they didn't have clothes on even though the sheet covered most of it. I open the door to the closet and quickly grab some workout shorts and a black tank top along with some Nikes. I walk back out and I start to feel upset again. Nope. Can't do this. I speed walk out quietly. I definitely need to go workout to get my mind off of things. By workout I mean I just run until I felt dead.

I walk into a nice workout gym that Alex got me a membership to. There was actually quite a few people this morning. I spot an empty treadmill. I start jogging for a few minutes but then I speed it up and run. I could feel the sweat dripping from my forehead and I could feel my heart pumping fast. My legs didn't hurt as much as my heart did though. I thought I could get over feeling this way until I saw Ainsley and Alex together. I had felt good yesterday until that. I ran and ran until my lungs felt as if they were going to collapse.

Finally I slow down to a jog and stop. I need some water. I go to the station where they placed bottles of water.

"Hey Ana."

I turn to see Grayson. "Hi."

"I didn't know you worked out," he stated.

I shrug. "Yeah on occasion." I gulp my water.

"How's Alex doing?" Grayson asks.

I get a mental picture of Ainsley and Alex together. Ew. "He's good. He seems happy."

There was kind of an awkward silence. "What are you doing today Ana?"

Should I help Alex in the office today? No. I'm sure Ainsley will help him. "I have nothing planned."

"Have you seen much of New York?" Grayson asks.

I shake my head. "I've been too caught up to really go anywhere."

"Let me be your tour guide today?"

I smile. "I would love that."

"Great, do you need to go back to get ready or anything?"

I think about it. Let's see do I want to see Ainsley and Alex? NOPE. "Uhh its a little too crowded at the penthouse right now. I can just shower here."

Grayson got what I was getting at. "Well I am going back to my place and you freshen up there if you want?"

"Sure." I accept the offer. I'm kind of curious to what Grayson's place looks like.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 153 42
My name is Crystal Woods. My parents died in a car accident leaving only my sister, Nina and I . My parents were into business before they died,leavi...
197K 5K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
281K 7.4K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...
71.1K 2.8K 36
The hottest night in my life became a nightmare when she ran away in the middle of making out with me, and worse, after that night, I couldn't bring...