shield | b. barnes

By avoxwrites

❝Go-go to hell.❞ ❝I'm on my way, but looks like you'll get there firs... More

formalities
cast
aesthetics + playlist
epigraph
1 | a bad feeling
2 | a call from the past
"I was in a meeting with Captain America with half of my boobs on display?"
"Is it because I sedated Bucky? Look, I'm sorry about that."
"Hail HYDRA."
"I need you to help me do something illegal."
"I had to threaten him with my metal arm. He was being too difficult."
"I mean, I could wait for karma to get him, but what's the fun in that?"
"Hey! You guys the feds?"
"You know I can feel you staring at me, right?"
"Okay, you wanna fight? Let's fight."
"I don't plan on dying."
"I had to use my arm to break the window."
"Not all of us are super soldiers."
"So are we going after them or what?"
"Get out, asshole,"
"You're supposed to be dead."
"Why haven't you killed me yet?"
"Shut up."
"You're going to regret this."
"Make sure you aim for the head."
"Just...do yourself a favor and forget about me."
"Shit, shit, shit."
Credits
UPDATE
Battle: Book 2 of The Absolution Series

"I assume Corinna sedated our friend."

6.8K 236 113
By avoxwrites

"Oops."

-------

[Corinna]

"Is this what it's like to be in the FBI? Just sitting around in a van hoping that the person you're waiting on shows up?" Jay asks as he peers out the small window of our black SUV.

"Yeah, probably is. You know they wanted me to be a special agent of cyber crimes? I just didn't have the heart to say no so I told them I would get back to them." Trisha replies with a snort.

"Wow, what a nice story." I comment absentmindedly as I try to hack my way  into the Wi-Fi network of the restaurant we are situated in front of.

"Your sarcasm is not appreciated Corinna." Trisha replies turning around to face me since I was sitting in the backseat.

I look up at Trisha, arching a brow as I wait for her to say something.

"What are you even doing on your laptop? Are you trying to hack into the traffic cams?"

"No, I'm trying to hack the restaurant's Wi-Fi so that I can watch a movie." I reply, looking back at my laptop.

"I can't tell if you're being serious or not." Trisha says.

I hum in response, not really caring if she believed.

"Guys, look." Jay interrupts as he reaches over for his taser.

I look out the window and immediately spot a man that shares the same body build as the metal-armed psychopath. Sorry, I mean Bucky.

"Okay, Trisha and I will follow him. Jay, you follow us in the SUV just in case if things go south and I gotta take him out." I announce as I turn on the communication system.

"Take him out?" Trisha repeats incredulously.

"Yeah. Take him out with a shot of Dendrotoxin just incase he's still brainwashed and decides to whack us with his metal arm." I say nonchalantly as I step out of the SUV. "You guys can hear me right?" I ask as I place a finger over my earpiece.

"Yup." Jay replies, "Good luck. I hope you don't have to knock him out. He's been through a lot."

"Well it's not like I want to, but I will if I have to." I reply as I jog across the narrow street. I look over to the other side and notice Trisha is in step with me before turning to look back. Spotting Bucky's messy brown hair, I pick up my pace as I try to keep up with him. I make sure that there are a few people between us, just in case if he decides to look back and make sure he isn't being followed.

Trisha and I follow Bucky down the busy street for what seems like ages, but I'm pretty sure it's only been a couple of minutes.

"I wonder where he's going." Trisha says through the communication system.

"Hell if I knew." I mutter as I wrap my arms around myself as I continue to follow Bucky. He suddenly stops at a small, narrow intersection and I quickly stand off to the side and lean against a small brick building as I discreetly keep an eye on him. He scans his surroundings before deciding to cross the street, but he falters when he seems to see something. He turns his head in my general direction and I quickly look down at my phone, pretending to text someone as I tip my baseball cap over my eyes.

"I think we've been made." I say quietly as I slowly look back up and catch Bucky's gaze. We look at each other for a few seconds before he abruptly turns around to run away. "Trisha, he's headed your way!" I say before taking off after him.

I push past people and nearly tumble over a cart of vegetables as I try to keep up with Bucky's long strides. "Bucky!" I yell, hoping that using his name would cause him to stop, but all he does is pick up his pace. "You've got to be kidding me." I mutter.

He takes a sharp turn between two buildings and I follow him, coming to a halt when I see that Trisha is saying something to Bucky. Both of her arms are up as she tries to tell him that we aren't HYDRA.

I slowly reach into my jacket pocket for my handy-dandy Dendrotoxin as I quietly make my way over towards the pair. I remove the cap of the syringe and stop walking when I'm a few feet away from Bucky. His back is facing me, so he's unaware of my presence, but Trisha looks over at me discreetly before turning her gaze back to Bucky.

"We're not here to hurt you Bucky. Your friend, Steve Rogers, sent us to bring you back to New York." Trisha explains.

"I don't know any Steve Rogers." Bucky replies gruffly as he slowly steps away from Trisha. I bring the syringe up, getting ready to stab it into Bucky's neck before Trisha's voice stops me.

"Wait! He says that he'll be with you until the end of the line, Bucky. Does that ring a bell? Your best friend misses you, please come back." Trisha begs softly, her eyes shifting towards me as she quietly tells me to wait a few more minutes before stabbing him with a sedative. I roll my eyes at her and bring my arm back down as I wait for Bucky's reply.

"I'll be with you until the end of the line..." Bucky repeats in uncertainty.

"Yeah, Steve told me to tell you that so you know we aren't HYDRA. We're only here to bring you back to your best friend. We don't want to hurt you." Trisha says softly as she hesitantly takes a step towards Bucky. He remains still, his back still facing me.

"You know what, I'm done waiting." I mutter as I grab Bucky's shoulder before piercing the syringe into his neck. He looks at me in pure shock but isn't able to do anything since I shot him with a huge dose of Dendrotoxin.

"What the heck Corinna! I was getting through to him!" Trisha yells as she runs over to help me carry Bucky's unconscious body.

"I assume Corinna sedated our friend." Jay says over the communication system.

"You guessed right. Now bring the van over here before we attract any attention." I order as I put one of Bucky's arms over my shoulder.

I was thankful that Bucky decided to walk into an alley; it made it easier for me to knock him out. Lord only knows what would've happened if I had to sedate him on the busy streets of Romania.

"I never pictured Bucky to be a plum kind of person." I hear Trisha say as Jay opens the door to the SUV.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I mutter as I bring Bucky's arm over my head and swiftly climb into the SUV before turning around again. Grabbing Bucky by his arms, I pull him inside as Trisha and Jay life him by his legs, before placing him on the backseat. Pushing my hair back, I notice that a few people have noticed us. "Ok, now is the time for you to floor it." I warn Jay.

"Got it." Jay replies before taking off into the busy streets of Bucharest.

Holding onto the door handle, I scowl at Bucky's lying form before turning to look out the window with a huff. Since his unconscious body is taking up most of the backseat, I'm left with only a few inches of space to sit on, but I don't feel like moving his body, so I decide to be annoyed in silence.

I hear the crinkle of a plastic bag and turn towards the front of the SUV to see that Trisha is holding a bag full plums.

"Bucky likes plums apparently," she says, waving the bag in my face.

"Get that away from me," I snap as I slap the bag away. "I don't like plums."

"You don't like anything." Trisha deadpans before turning around in her seat to place her legs on the dashboard.

I roll my eyes at her before turning to look out the window again, but my aching back stops me from doing so. With a sigh, I look at Bucky's unconscious body and hesitate before pushing his legs back so that I can sit comfortably in my seat.

"Having fun?" Trisha asks mockingly with a smirk.

I turn to glare at her before slowly bringing my hand up to flip her off.

She places a hand over her chest and gasps as she shakes her head in mock disapproval before breaking into a fit of laughter.

"So...who's going to tell Steve that we sedated Bucky?" Jay asks.

-----

Is it just me or did you laugh when Corinna lost her patience and sedated Bucky? No? Just me? Okay, that's cool too, lol.

But anyway, thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 4.5K 22
(Book 3) Steve and Anna have a surprise of their own, and of course, so does HYDRA. Everything was on the right path for a while for the couple unti...
66.6K 1K 58
Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for death. I met evil when I was only a chi...
2K 181 34
After bumping into and rescuing a certain redhead (much to the redhead's annoyance), y/n is now stuck in unwanted danger. Natasha can't help but feel...
46.6K 2.1K 39
𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝙱𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢 𝙱𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚜. 𝙾𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝚂𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗...