Another World: Book I

By mspremier

In the novel "The Prince and the Peasant", the male lead prince Chen Heng Li was once betrothed to the Wester... More

Intro
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen 💥
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One 1/2
Chapter Twenty One 2/2
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six 1/2
Chapter Twenty Six 2/2
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight 1/2
Chapter Twenty Eight 2/2
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty 1/2
Chapter Forty 2/2
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight 1/2
Chapter Forty Eight 2/2
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two - Finale
Extra Scenes #1
Extra Scenes #2

Chapter Sixteen

33.4K 1.5K 245
By mspremier

Chen Hui?

A petal.

Chen Mu?

Another petal.

Chen Hui?

One more petal.

Chen Mu...

I took the last petal off the chrysanthemum flower.

"Should I marry Chen Mu then?"

In the story, Chen Mu was a lesser minor character. He was only mentioned when talking about Chen Heng Li's siblings. There was not much of information about him as he left the palace after passing the crown to the third prince and never showed himself ever again.

Between the three brothers, he's the most likely candidate I would choose to marry.

First, because the chrysanthemum said so.

Second, Chen Heng Li is off-limits.

Third, Chen Mu appears to be more bearable than his perverted brother. He also doesn't seem to have any interest of the crown seeing how Chen Heng Li was able to take it easily.

If I can't live a peaceful life, then I'd rather have a less chaotic one.

"What are you thinking about?"

I'm alone, aren't I?

Before I could scream, a hand covered my mouth and dragged me towards the inner room.

"Sshhh..." The man whispered for me to keep silent. I nodded in agreement. He might hurt me if I struggled.

He slowly turned me around to face him and I was able to calm down when I saw the familiar masked man. As usual, he was dressed in an all black outfit.

"Can't you be a bit normal and announce your presence? You keep popping up out of nowhere!" I scolded him.

"I did," he shrugged and patted my bed before sitting, "but you were occupied and didn't even hear me calling your name."

He did?

"Don't you think you're too comfortable inside my room?" I raised my brows on him and pointed at my bed, "don't you know propriety?"

"Fan'er I won-"

"And don't call me Fan'er! You're not my father!" No one have ever called me Fan'er except my father.

The Dark Shadow stood up and raised his arms in surrender, "what are you upset about?"

I walked towards my bed and took his place, "Nothing. Anyway, why are you here?"

"I came to ask if you told your father about our deal."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to!"

I don't know why I'm lashing at him but I'm so annoyed at my situation right now. Its his bad luck that he showed up at the wrong time.

He ignored my harsh tone and questioned me, "does this have to do with the crown prince?"

I looked at him suspiciously.

How did he know?

Well, its not only Chen Heng Li but he's part of the problem.

"I saw the royal guards surrounding your house," he added, "I guessed it must be the crown prince."

"Oh..." I answered, not knowing what to tell him.

"What is he doing here?" He asked me again.

"Why do you want to know?" I countered back.

"Just curious."

Should I tell him?

Can I trust him?

"I'm getting married." I confessed.

"To the crown prince?"

I shook my head. There's an unwritten rule where antagonists can't marry protagonists because it will only lead to a disaster.

"Thought so." He started laughing that I almost threw my pillow at him.

This jerk.

I shouldn't have told him.

"Who would want to marry you?" He told me in between laughter.

Can I choke him to death?

Who would want to marry me?

Who wouldn't?!

I mean, I am a breathtaking beauty. I am graceful and elegant. I know how to play the guqin and paint sceneries. I can write poems, dance and sing. I am the complete package!

Is he blind?!

"If you don't have anything good to say, you can leave. I'm going to sleep now." I said dismissively as I laid on my bed and pulled the blanket up my head.

I heard him clear his throat and muttered a low apology but I didn't budge.

"Fan'er, I truly am sorry."

I told you not to call me Fan'er!

"Fan'er, let's talk."

Ignore him.

"Fan'er, I swear not to laugh again."

Call me Fan'er one more time and I will also swear...

"Fan'er, I am go-"

I grumpily kicked my blanket off and sat up to face him. I couldn't care less about how I look or how I act. He's getting on my nerves and I haven't vented my feelings for a long time. I feel like bursting.

"You!," I pointed at him, "why do you keep appearing in my life? What do you want from me? If you want the Western Border to open the routes for your trade, go talk to Emperor!"

"All I wanted is to live my life peacefully! But no, those people have to ruin it for me! Who told them that I'd be glad to be a part of their lives? I've been avoiding them like plague, can they just leave me alone?!"

I waited for him to respond but he was just standing there without moving, his deep eyes staring at me.

"What? You can't speak now?" I prodded him.

"Oh, are you done?" He asked me like an innocent child.

This time, I was the one left with a gaping mouth.

That's it?

Is he not mad at me for chastising him when he has nothing to do with my problems?

"Are you not angry?" I timidly asked, both my anger and courage dissipating.

"Do you want me to be angry?"

He's a weird fellow.

"I..." I'm honestly speechless.

So far, besides Chen Hui, he's the weirdest person I have met. He has this menacing aura around him which may scare other people but it doesn't put me off. He's just so random that I can't get a grasp of his personality. Sometimes, he appears unapproachable but there are times when he seems dependable.

"Who are you?"

I've been wanting to ask him that.

"Dark Shadow." He answered nonchalantly.

I already know that, duh.

"I mean, beyond that mask."

I watched as his hand carressed the piece of dark cloth covering his face, "you will know soon."

"Can't you trust me?"

"I trust you."

"Then show me your face." I dared him. I can tell that he already knows so much about me yet I only know of his alias. Isn't that unfair?

"Fan'er, I'll come visit you again." He said and handed me a jade hairpin before disappearing through my window once again.

It happened so fast that I was not able to stop him. I could only sigh in defeat. I inspected the hairpin he gave me and I gasped in amazement seeing the high grade of jade in my hand. It was more refined than my mother's heirloom and everything I have seen in this lifetime. I wonder how he was able to get such a precious item but just thinking of all the money he has, he probably can compete with the Emperor's treasury.

I stood up and hid the jade hairpin inside my jewelry box. I will be doomed if I ever lose it and he decided to take it back. I wasn't even able to pay him back his million taels.

I was supposed to go back to my bed when my eyes caught sight of something on the floor. I bent down and picked the shiny thing.

Why is there a golden lion emblem inside my room?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.6K 746 104
Description She was transmigrated into a novel where she became the cannon fodder who abused the male lead and ultimately suffered her demise under s...
2.7K 25 12
清穿之幸运人生 As an inconspicuous concubine in the palace, Wu Yafangyi thought that her life would be like this. After all, not every transmigration girl...
39.5K 918 115
ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ꜰɪɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴏɴ ʜᴛᴛᴘꜱ://ᴡᴡᴡ.ᴍᴛʟɴᴏᴠᴇʟ.ᴄᴏᴍ/ꜰᴀʀᴍᴇʀꜱ-ᴡɪꜰᴇ-ʜᴀꜱ-ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ-ꜱᴋɪʟʟꜱ/. 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕥 𝕋𝕚𝕥𝕝𝕖 : 𝔽𝕎ℍ𝕄𝕊 𝔸𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕥�...
12K 76 170
Xiang Xiaoyuan transmigrated to a book with a male lead, becoming the male lead's stepmother. However, being seventeen and in the middle of his adole...