Toys For The Big Boys ✓

By MyWickedWays

Families will either make you or break you. But with Rome & Julien, their families did both. ... A twisted v... More

∙ PROLOGUE ∙
(1) Chairman Clean
(2) Dirty
(2.5) Cover Up
(3) Just Watch [m]
(4) Stay Close
(5) Dirty Memories
(6) Nighttime
(7) Pen [m]
(8) Family Affairs
(8.5) Don't Stare
(9) A Little Embarrassed
(10) How much?
(11) A Frustrating Day
(12) Strong Man
(13) I Like You [m]
(14) Wrong Side
(14.5) The Brave & Strong
(15) Blood
(16) Dangerous Man
(17) New Family
(18) Complicated Love
(19) Seduced [m]
(20) It Begins
(21) He's Back
(21.5) Little Boss
(22) Dark Saints
(23) Left Behind
(24) Pained
∙ VALENTINO FAMILY ∙
(26) Tattooed Man
(27) Wanted
(28) Rub [m]
(29) Respected
(30) Who To Trust?
(31) Own Reasons
(32) Unmask
(33) The Truth
(33.5) Find Him
(34) Mine [m]
(35) My Pride
(36) Welcome Home
(37) First Favorite
(38) Who To Blame
(39) Betrayed
(40) Let Fate Decide
(41) The Reasons
(42) The Forsaken Wife
(43) Exhausted [m]
(44) Family Down
(45) The End
∙ DARK SAINTS ∙
∙ EPILOGUE ∙
Special Chapter: Kisses & Roses [m]
∙ ABOUT ∙
∙ACKNOWLEDGEMENT ∙
CONGRATULATIONS TFTBB FAM

(25) The Godfather

36.8K 2K 2.5K
By MyWickedWays

💋

     The whole room became silent.

     I quickly glanced at Julien, but he was completely expressionless. He didn't show any reaction so I really didn't know what he was thinking.

     "Doña Victoria", I called out to her.

     My grandmother removes her hand from mine and looks at me.

     I stood up from my seat and looked back at her, "Let's talk privately. Please."

     Grandmother nods her head and wipes her mouth with a napkin. Then she answers, "Then let's walk outside."

     I nodded my head and took her out.

     We were strolling through the garden while I pushed her wheelchair. It would have been very relaxing if there weren't any guards on every corner of this place.

     "So your lover doesn't know you're a godfather", grandma finally said.

     I shake my head and answered her, "I haven't really given him the exact details of my life. But I'm pretty confident he half expected it, but maybe not in the godfather level."

     "Well at least he's a head of a gang, so basically both of you are the perfect people who could understand each other", my grandmother adds.

     "Uncle Antonio said there would be two groups from the Dark Saints. One is the group who wants to kill him, and one would be the one who would want to take him and safely get him back to Korea so he could regain his rightful position. But Julien doesn't want to be the head, so it doesn't matter", I told my grandmother.

     "It does matter Romeo. You can use those men to help you, and, don't you think revenge is more powerful if Julien takes the position of head of the Dark Saints?" grandma asked me. I was about to clarify to her again that Julien didn't want to become the head anymore, but then I remembered what Julien told me yesterday.

     He was willing to help me, and maybe if I ask him to, he might just agree upon accepting the position.

     "But the one thing that can make everything possible would be your decision to become the godfather or not. The Valentino Family have slowly been falling, and they're obviously losing funds", grandma explained.

     "Well they wouldn't be asking money from me all the time if they weren't", I added, making my grandmother chuckle.

     "Well it's basically your fault. A mafia cannot work, cannot make business, and cannot do crime if they do not have a godfather. Antonio might be the underboss, but he doesn't have the right to make that call", grandma explained further, but I already knew about that too.

     "So what do you think I should do? Finally take the position of head of the family and lead the people who despises me?" I asked as we stopped in front a beautiful view of the land my grandmother owns.

     "They don't despise you, they're just afraid of you. They tried putting you away, hoping they could find a better godfather before Claudio dies. But my son died before they could even do anything about it. And honestly I can't blame them, you were a troublesome boy, killed anyone who you thought was not worthy of breathing the same air as you", my grandmother suddenly says, making me close my eyes just so the memories of me pulling the trigger a hundred times wouldn't resurface.

     I felt the cold breeze and opened my eyes again; "I stopped killing people when my father died."

     "So I heard", grandma simply says.

     Without looking at me, she continued, "You know what, my husband, your grandfather, didn't really want to be the head of the family too. And it might not be obvious but Claudio, your father, also didn't want to be a godfather. They hated the family like you, thought it was useless to lead a bunch of greedy and selfish men. But, as soon as they started gaining their trust, their respect, both Rafael and Claudio became the greatest Godfathers of all time, and the men they once hated became family, and they did everything to protect their family."

     I was a little surprised to hear this from my grandmother since I've always looked up at my father. He looked like a real father to everyone, and when I was a kid I always wanted to be just like him.

      Maybe it's not too late for that.

     "Will they be happy to find out if I ever go back and become the godfather?" I asked.

     It didn't even take my grandmother a second to answer my question, "It doesn't matter if they're happy about it or not. Because even if they want to protest, they will still admit that they need you. And once you become the new godfather, then it will be in your own hands now if you want them to respect you, or fear you."

     "But isn't that just the same?"

     "Oh no, respect and fear are very different things Romeo. Rafael was feared, so a family member killed him out of hatred. Claudio was respected, so the family members died just to protect him", my grandmother explained, making me nod in understanding.

     "Thank you...Doña Victoria", I say, looking down at the gloves that have been covering my hands for years.

     I'll make you proud Johnson. You've dreamt about seeing me sit on that throne, so I will make sure that I do, for your sake. And for the sake of protecting the man I have practically given my life for.

     "Grandmother...I know what I have to do", I finally say.

     "Don't worry, the moment I saw the hunger and hatred in your eyes, I already knew what you were about to do."

*****

     "This is everything!" Mat shouted as he carried boxes inside my plane.

     "We're ready to leave!" another man shouts, the door finally closing.

     We were back inside the jet, ready to head back to face my family. But this time, my grandmother was coming with us.

     "I haven't seen the Valentino household for a long time", Grandmother says as she comfortably sits on the chair while staring at the view out the window.

     "Don't worry, we're the same", I say, and Mat nodded as an agreement.

     "But we'll only be there for 2 days madam, we still have a lot of things to do here", her assistant suddenly says, making my grandmother angrily look back at her, "Why do you always have to ruin everything?"

     "I'm guessing you two are close", Julien suddenly says, making my grandmother laugh this time.

     I glanced at Julien who was sitting a little farther away from me.

     After eating breakfast, and after letting my grandmother literally reveal my background, Julien and I haven't really talked properly. I tried talking to him again when we were at the room, but he keeps brushing it off. So I got tired and just gave up.

     I think it's best if I give him some time to think first.

     "By the way grandmother, what's with all the boxes?" I asked, but grandmother just looks back at me and smirks.

     Mat, who carried all the boxes inside, looked at me and excitedly says, "Val! It's guns! 6 boxes of guns and ammos!"

     I quickly looked at my grandmother from shock, "Guns? Why are you suddenly giving us-"

     "We don't use them anymore, because as you can see, we don't usually have wars in our area. But that's only the beginning, just give me one call, and I will send out all my men to help you", grandmother suddenly says. I was partially shocked, but I was also thankful.

     "Now you should rest, you haven't really slept at all right?" grandma suddenly added, making Julien immediately look at me with shock.

     I gulped and quickly looked out the window as we took off, staring out at the clouds like how I usually do.

     But then I glanced back at Julien and flinched when I saw him still staring at me.

     I'm heading back home to become the godfather of one of the most powerful Mafia in the world but I end up flinching over my lover staring at me. I must be the strongest man out there.

     I cleared my throat and immediately stood up, "Excuse me."

     I don't wait for anyone to answer me as I walked towards a small room that was separated from the other passengers. There wasn't really a bed, but it had a red curtain that was used as a cover so others wouldn't be able to see you inside.

     I removed my coat, sat down on the sofa and waited. And as expected, Julien peeks from the curtain and looks at me. When he sees me sitting down on the sofa, he goes inside at closes the curtain again.

     "You didn't sleep?" he asked, making me sigh.

     Thank you grandmother for once again making Julien worry about me.

     "I couldn't", I simply answered him.

     Julien looked like he was angry, but he massages his temple instead and looks at me again.

     I thought he was going to say something else, but he suddenly goes on top of me and sits on my lap. He hugged me tightly and rested his head on my shoulder.

     "Sleep", he suddenly says.

     I lowly chuckled and comfortably adjusted to Julien's weight. When we were both comfortable now, I answered him; "I'm going to sleep while you cuddle me like this? I must be the luckiest man in the world."

     I was expecting Julien to say something back, but he doesn't say anything and just hugs me tighter. And that's when I knew that something was wrong.

     "Hey, what is it?" I asked, but Julien still doesn't answer me.

     "Are you mad because I didn't tell you I was an upcoming godfather in a mafia?" I asked, and Julien finally answered, "No, of course not. Honestly I wouldn't even care if you were the greatest criminal in the world Romeo. You didn't get mad when you found out I was the next head of a gang, so why should I?"

     I caressed his back and answered him, "Then what is it? Why are you acting like this?"

     Julien doesn't say anything for a couple of seconds. But finally, he buries his face on my chest and answered, "I'm afraid Romeo", he whispered.

     My heart suddenly ached when I heard I'm say that.

     "I'm afraid that what happened to Johnson, might suddenly happen to you. And I'll end up being alone again and I don't know what I'd do if I lose you", Julien suddenly says, now looking at me, his eyes ready to pour out tears again.

     I sighed and rubbed his eyes with my own fingers, "You won't lose me."

     "And why not?" Julien asked back, trying his best not to cry.

     I leaned forward and gently kissed Julien's lips, then I looked straight at his eyes and said, "That's because..."

     I moved closer to his ears and whispered, "I love you."

     I quickly looked back at Julien. He looked so shocked that he didn't even know what to say anymore.

     I was at least expecting him to blush, but suddenly, he started crying.

     "You always say these things on the weirdest situations", he says as he immediately buries his face on my chest again.

     I laughed and hugged Julien tighter.

     "Now go to sleep", he suddenly says, making me stop laughing.

     "I need you to say it back first so I'd be able to sleep properly", I whispered again, finally making Julien's ears turn red.

     Julien slowly lifted his head and looked at me, the leaned forward and kissed me before saying, "Isn't it already obvious? I love you too Mr. Ego. I love you so, so much."

     My heart fluttered.

     Honestly hearing someone say those words to me almost made my heart explode. I was so happy that I currently forgot every bad thing that happened.

     I could stay here with Julien forever.

     "Can you say that again?" I said with a grin.

     Julien pouts and buries his face on my chest again. "I love you", he mumbles against my chest, making me stupidly blush this time.

     "Alright, now we can go to sleep", I say as I slowly closed my eyes.

     Both of us didn't say anything anymore. So I closed my eyes and just embraced the man that I love.

     L o v e.

     It's strange how I think about it. I never really knew how love would feel like. But after I met Julien, I was now sure that my feelings for him was definitely it.

     It feels amazing, but I'm just sad that I didn't get to tell Johnson that even after all this, I was able to love someone. Well, if you kinda think about it, he's probably watching right now, smirking like an idiot, telling me the words: "I told you so."

     I'm ready to become the monster who will avenge everyone that I care about. But I'm also ready to be the man who will love Julien unconditionally, and protect him with everything I've got, because that's what love is right?

     I remembered Johnson tell me that my father loved me very much because he was ready to die for me. And I knew Johnson loved me too, because both him and my father died for my sake. And I know, that when the situation comes, I'll be ready to die for Julien too.

     "Hey Julien", I called out, my eyes still closed.

     "Hmmm?" he mumbled against my chest.

     I took a deep breath and said, "When you feel like I'm not the Romeo that you fell in love with anymore, make sure you get me back, okay?"

     "Alright", Julien whispered back.

     I brushed his hair with my fingers and gently kissed his head.

     "I don't want to be the monster that will end up hurting you too", I told myself, but didn't dare say it out loud to Julien anymore because I didn't want him to be more scared, and I especially didn't want him to be scared of me.

*****

     "Val. Val wake up", someone continuously called out.

     I felt something heavy against my body, but when I realized that Julien was actually sleeping on top of me, I quickly opened my eyes to actually see him still sleeping.

     "Romeo", someone calls out again.

     I looked up and saw Mat peeking at the curtain.

     "We're here?" I asked, trying not to move too much so I wouldn't wake Julien up.

     "Yeah, we just landed. And...look out the window", Mat suddenly said, confusing me.

     I shifted a little to my right and looked out the window. And to my surprise, there were at least a hundred Valentino soldiers waiting outside the plane. And on the side, my uncle Antonio was talking with my grandmother with the board members.

     (Note: Soldiers are the lowest rank in a Mafia.)

    There were at least 20 cars parked on the side, and everyone was holding guns, like I'd suddenly be ambushed at the airport if I get out of the plane.

     "What the hell are they doing here?" I asked as I looked back at Mat.

     Mat scratched the back of his head and said, "Well...Doña Victoria called them earlier and told them you were...kinda...ready to take the position of godfather."

     Great.

     "I'll be out shortly", I said as I sighed heavily.

     Mat nods his head and leaves.

     I looked at Julien and gently shook his body so he could wake up.

     "Julien...wake up baby, we're here", I whispered against his ear.

     Julien moans and slowly lifts his head so he could look at me. He opens his eyes and immediately smiles when he sees me.

     "Good afternoon Mr. Ego", he tells me.

     I gently kissed his nose and smiled back, "It's good evening."

     "Eh?" he asked as he looked out the window. But instead of being shocked because it was actually dark outside, Julien gasped when he see's the men waiting outside of the plane.

     "I-Is that...your family?" he asked, still looking out the window.

     "We're a big clan", I say instead, quickly making Julien look at me.

     "Well, they must be really excited to welcome you back", Julien says as he slowly gets down from me.

     I stood up, my body aching a little because of Julien's weight. I stretched my arms and looked back at Julien who walked towards me to fix my hair.

     "We don't want you having a bed head when you face your family right?" he says as he fixes my hair, then he fixes my tie and helps me wear my coat.

     I smiled and leaned forward to kiss him, "Thank you", I say as I helped fix his hair too. Then I grabbed his hand and said, "Let's go."

     I was about to walk out when Julien suddenly pulled his hand away from mine.

     "I think it's best if we don't do this in front of your family", he suddenly says, making me chuckle. I grabbed his hand again and squeezed it tight, "Don't worry, I want them to see that you belong to me, and I belong to you."

     Julien looked unsure, but he nods his head anyways.

     I pulled him close to me and walked out the room to see Mat patiently waiting for us.

     "You ready?" he asked me.

     "We're ready", I answered as I walked out of the plane, Julien right beside me while Mat walked behind us.

     The moment they saw me on the exit, everyone became quiet. And without wasting any time, everyone quickly went to the sides to make a pathway for me.

     "Welcome back Don Romeo Valentino", everyone suddenly greeted, surprising me.

     I never really wanted to be a godfather. Ever since my father died, I ran away with Johnson and hoped that I'd forget about the family. But who would have thought that I'd actually feel good when I hear everyone say that to me now.

     Don Romeo. It's not as catchy as Chairman Val, but I can get used to it.

     "Romeo", my uncle called out as I walked down the stairs to walk towards him and my grandmother.

     Grandmother smiled proudly as I stood in front of them.

     "I'm not the godfather yet", I say instead as I looked at uncle.

     Uncle glanced at my hand that was holding Julien. But he ignores it and looks back at me. I thought he was going to say something, but instead, he grabs me and gives me a hug, immediately making me let go of Julien.

     "Thank you Romeo...thank you", my uncle suddenly says.

     We pulled out of the hug. Then I looked at the board members behind him, surprised that they didn't really look mad like how I expected them to be. Somehow, they looked...proud.

     "We should head to the household and conduct the Mafia Initiation Ritual", my grandmother suddenly says, making me remember that I didn't actually immediately take the position of godfather when my father died so I have to do that ritual.

     "That's right", uncle Antonio agreed. Then he looks at Julien and says, "But he cannot come with us."

     "What?"

     "He is not a Valentino, he cannot-"

     I immediately cut my uncle off as I said, "No, where I go, he goes. I am doing all this because of him, so I hope you are aware that I am willing to leave everything behind if something bad happens to him. "

     Uncle looked shock, even the board members. But my grandmother clears her throat and says, "Well you heard our boss. Now stop treating him like a kid and let's go."

     My uncle looked like he was about to protest, but then he sighs heavily and nods his head, "Fine, it's wrong for me to question you."

     And without saying anything else, uncle moves aside and gestures his hand to a car.

     "Let's go Val...I mean...Don Romeo", Mat says as he walks towards the car to open it for me. I made Julien go inside first before I got inside myself.

     Mat, who I thought was going to sit on the passenger's seat, suddenly sits on the drivers seat.

     "I know I won't be able to replace Johnson", Mat suddenly says as he closes the door.

     I looked at him through the rearview mirror as he continued, "But I will serve you till the end Val. I'll be your driver, butler, soldier, you name it."

     I genuinely smiled and patted Mat's shoulder, "A friend would be better Mat."

     Mat quickly looked at me. He was inches away from crying again like an idiot but he forces himself not to.

     "A friend is nice too", Mat says as he starts driving.

     The rest of the cars started driving off now too. Five cars drove in front of us while five drove behind us. Then the rest of the cars went to both of our sides, protecting us if something bad ever happens.

     "Too much?" I asked as I looked at Julien.

     Julien looks back at me and laughs, making me remember that Julien is actually also from a rich family. He grew up being treated like this too, so asking him if this is too much is an understatement.

     "It's funny how I grew up with a silver spoon in my mouth, now I'm-"

     "In love with the godfather of one of the greatest mafia's in the world?" I finished, because I knew Julien was about to say something that would degrade himself again.

     Julien laughs, then he leans his head on my shoulder, "Who would have thought that the man I referred to as chairman Val, was actually supposed to be Don Romeo."

     "It's still kinda weird to hear it", I honestly say.

     "You'll get used to it; trust me. I didn't like it when people called me Black Angel, but here I am now", Julien tells me.

     I was about to ask him about the Dark Saints, and if he was willing to become the head so we could both take our needed revenge. But I knew that this wasn't the time to talk about it, so I kept quiet instead and just looked out the window in silence until we arrived at the Valentino Household.

     Mat quickly goes out of the car, opening the door for us as Julien and I got out.

     "Who would have thought we'd be back here, right Val?" Mat asked as both of us looked at the mansion.

     Memories of me growing up here suddenly flashed right in front of me. But not like before, I felt nothing.

     "It's smaller than I remembered", I jokingly said, making Mat and I laugh together.

     "Now I can really say that this is not a house", Julien says as he stared at the household too.

     "Romeo, let's go", uncle Antonio suddenly says as he goes out of the car too.

     "Your grandmother is already waiting inside", he adds.

     I nod my head and finally went inside the household. The moment I step foot inside the house, my heart suddenly felt weird. I thought I was going to cry or even feel mad when I looked around the house, but somehow, I felt happy.

    I hated this place when I was younger. It was too big and my father would throw parties almost every night as I watched fake people practically worship my father just so they could be recognized by him.

     But looking at this now, remembering the times when I would just run around the house and just had fun, it's not as bad as it looked like.

     "I heard Elizabeth stayed here with Diana for two days, but underboss Antonio said they were immediately transferred to the Roselli Household after she finished her checkups", Mat explains to me, which was very unnecessary because I really didn't care what that woman does.

     "So you grew up in such a place like this?" Julien asked as we walked down the hallway. Guards bowing at us every time we walk pass them.

     "Yeah. It was a terrible childhood, but it was bearable", I honestly told Julien.

     "How about you? Did you grow up in a mansion like this?" I asked, immediately making Julien shake his head as an answer, "I didn't. Our household was traditional, like the once you see on old Asian movies."

     "Sounds relaxing", I add.

     "If hearing guns blaring and people screaming in agony almost every day is relaxing then yeah, it was", Julien sarcastically says with a smirk, making me grin now too.

     "Here we are", uncle Antonio says as we stopped in front of the meeting room.

     My father practically lived here when I was younger.

    "Mat, can you bring Julien to the living room?" I said as I looked at Mat and let go of Julien's hand.

    Julien doesn't say anything. I was glad he understood that he couldn't come with me inside.

     It's not like I didn't want him to, I just didn't want the board members to keep on staring at him while we conduct the ritual.

     "I'll see you later", I say as Julien followed Mat to the living room.

    "Let's begin your baptism", uncle says as he finally opened the door.

     I took a deep breath and went inside the room, automatically making everyone stand up from their seats.

     The board members were all there, and there were at least 20 soldiers inside the room too. Grandmother Victoria, who was siting on her wheel chair, immediately stood up as well to give respect to my arrival.

     The room was enormous. And there were big portraits of all the previous godfather's surrounding the room.

     I slowly walked my way towards the front to greet my grandmother. When I was now standing in front, everyone sat down and became quiet.

     We were now starting the ritual.

    "Romeo Valentino, son of Claudio Valentino, and an original blood of the Valentino Family; you are here today to accept the position that your ancestors have left for you. You are accepting a position of head of this family, a family that will mean more to you than your country, and yourself", grandmother started. Then she takes the dagger on the table and looks back at me, "Now show me which finger would pull the trigger."

      I looked down at my hand and showed her my right pointing finger.

     Uncle Antonio, who was standing behind me, quickly clears his throat.

     I looked at my fingers again, realizing that I have to finally remove the gloves on my hand.

     I've been through a lot this week, but somehow, removing my gloves in front of everyone made me nervous.

     "Romeo", grandmother called out, snapping me back to my senses.

     Everyone was staring at me, waiting for my next move.

     So I took a deep breath and looked down on my hands again. After years of wearing gloves, I finally removed them, and to my surprise, I felt free.

     Grandma nods her head and takes my finger before pricking my finger and immediately getting a picture of a saint so the blood would drip on top of it.

     "This drop of blood symbolizes your birth into our family. We are one until death", grandmother says as she puts the dagger down.

     Someone then goes to her and gives her the candle. She sets the picture on fire and immediately hands the picture to me.

     My hands felt the heat of the fire, but I remained expressionless.

     "Now repeat after me. If I were to betray my family..."

     "If I were to betray my family..."

     "My soul will be burnt as burns this saint", my grandmother finished.

     "My soul will be burnt as burns this saint", I repeated, quickly putting down the picture so my hands won't completely burn.

     "I will now ask you questions, and you will all answer it with "I will", only if you are certain about it", my grandmother says as she slowly takes an old book from the table.

     I looked at her as she starts, "Romeo Valentino. Will you be loyal to the members of the organization?"

     "I will", I quickly answered.

     "Will you be rational? Be a member of the team that does not engage in battle that you cannot win?"

     "I will", I answered again.

     "Will you be a man of honor that will respect the womanhood and your elders?"

     I paused and looked at the board members. I forced myself not to smirk as I answered, "I will."

     "Will you keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut?"

     "I will."

     "And will you be a godfather that has class, that is independent, and knows his way around this world", my grandmother asked, and I nod my head and confidently answered, "I will."

     "Doña Victoria", uncle calls out as she gives her a small box.

     Grandmother quickly takes the box from my uncle and opens it, revealing three silver rings. One had a carving of a rose, one with chains, and the last one was a letter V.

     "Don Romeo, accept this ring as a symbol of godfather", my grandmother says as she places the ring on my pointing finger.

     She takes out another ring and places it on my middle finger, "This ring as a symbol of your power over the households that are under an oath with the Valentino Family."

     "And lastly, accept this ring as a reminder that you are a Valentino", my grandmother says as she places the last ring on my ring finger.

     "Family", my grandmother addresses as she looks at everyone.

     She then looks back at me and smiles, "I give you our godfather."

    She leans forward and kisses both of my cheeks, and then everyone started clapping and cheering.

     For almost 20 years of running away, here I am, leading the family that I once despised.

     I am now the godfather of the Brave & Strong.

    The g o d f a t h e r...

     ...Of the Valentino Family.

(Three Days Later)

     "May Johnson R. Pollock rest in peace", the priest stated as he splashes holy water on Johnson's coffin.

     I clenched my fist, trying my best not to cry as they lowered his coffin on the ground. Julien on the other hand, quickly wipes his tears as he squeezes my other hand tighter.

     We threw roses as the coffin was finally at the bottom. Then men started putting in soil on the hole, finally covering Johnson's coffin.

     Everyone stood behind me, waiting for me to leave so they could all leave as well.

     We were at the Valentino Family graveyard, and after everything that happened, we finally buried Johnson with the rest of the maids who were killed.

     "Mat", I called out, immediately making him run towards me.

     I leaned forward and whispered in his ear, "Make everyone leave. I'll stay here for a while."

     Mat nods his head and quickly looks at everyone.

     "Alright, let's go! Our godfather would want to be alone!" Mat shouted, immediately making everyone leave the area.

     Julien removes his hands from me and gently kissed my cheeks, "I'll be at the car."

     "Okay", I say as Julien walked away with Mat.

     When the whole place was now quiet, I slowly walked in front Johnson's headstone. Then I slowly kneeled on the ground and touched the headstone.

     "I did it Johnson. I'm the godfather of the Valentino family", I say as I continued to stare at it.

     Then I looked at my hands. There weren't any gloves covering it anymore, but there were rings on my fingers instead; symbols of my new position.

     "But don't worry, I won't neglect the company...the empire...that both of us worked hard for. I left the presidents in charge while I do my business here. My top priority now is to make sure I take my revenge on the people who killed you. And I will make sure they end up having the same fate as yours", I say.

     Then I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, "But Johnson, why does it feel like this? Why do I feel nothing?"

     The breeze became harder, like Johnson actually answered me.

     I took a deep breath and finally opened my eyes.

     "I will protect Julien as promised. And even if it kills me, I'll protect this family too...like how you wanted me to", I honestly say.

     I then took out something from my pocket. I took a deep breath and put out my pair of leather gloves and a picture of me with Johnson when I was still young. 

     I leave it on top of his grave. And then I stood up and looked back down at him, "No goodbyes."

     Then I turned around and walked away.

     Leaving Johnson...and the old Romeo Valentino behind.

- END OF ROMEO VALENTINO'S POV-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 182K 52
Boring job. Boring apartment. Boring life. Everything about my life was boring, and nothing could have changed that fact. But as soon as I got that c...
132K 3.7K 45
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
24.2K 1K 33
Published - 25 February 2019 Completed - 23 April 2020
3.2K 147 37
"Do you ... Want to be my boyfriend?" ... They have made things official ... Who would've thought between all of these pages, there was always going...