Race Against Time - Percy Jac...

By OcEaNm4n

Percy Jackson was just a kid when his mother died. His mother, Sally Jackson was murdered right in front of h... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Completed
Questions?

Chapter Twelve

2.4K 59 25
By OcEaNm4n

-Chapter Twelve-

Percy readied his sword, staring at the god of thunder in front of him. The god himself wore relatively standard battle regalia, excluding the armor being made with celestial bronze. The master bolt sparked by his side, ready to smite any foes that dare cross its path.

On his right side stood the goddess of wisdom, the Greek goddess Athena. Her armor choice was carefully picked so that it covered most of her body, yet it did not restrain her movement. Making it much tougher for the two brothers to inflict any strikes.

Also at Zeus' side was the god of war, Ares himself. He donned the normal Greek armor along with a sword that seemed to radiate power. He was guessing it was his symbol of power, Ares' equivalent of Zeus' master bolt, but much weaker in comparison. Even the two brothers were outmatched, they also had a variety of tricks up their sleeves.

The tense silence stopped when Zeus hurled his master bolt towards Percy, intending to end the fight as quickly as possible. Percy rolled out of the way, avoiding the bolt with relative ease.

Athena surged forward, following up the bolt with multiple strikes of her spear. Percy evaded it, albeit a bit surprised at the sudden reaction of Athena. He parried Athena's spear strikes, each one of her attacks missing its mark.

The god of war readied himself to jump Percy when a yoyo string latched itself onto his legs. Yorath yanked at his yoyo, sending the god of war tumbling.

Percy turned to Yorath, giving him a small smile of thanks. That was one less god to deal with. He was assuming that Yorath would deal with the god of war whilst he took on Athena and Zeus.

Percy dodged and weaved, his movements honed to perfection, each one of Athena's spear strikes missing. Along with Athena's combat was Zeus who pelted bolt after bolt towards Percy, hoping that one of them would hit its mark.

He was getting really annoyed at Athena. The goddess was actually quite cunning and retreated once a weakness was assessed by Percy. He sent a jab towards the wisdom goddess, yet she backed up and steadied her spear, looking at Percy with a small smirk.

Percy yelped and jumped out of the way, a lightning bolt coming close to zapping him out of existence. He gave a glare at Zeus, the thunder god giving the son of Chronos a small arrogant smirk.

"I got to admit you got skill mortal." Athena complimented, circling Percy, her eyes assessing him of his potential weaknesses.

"Get down from your high chair wisdom goddess. You haven't seen anything yet." Percy proclaimed, sending multiple slashes towards the goddess of wisdom. She stepped back, parrying all of Percy's attacks.

"That remark alone is enough of a reason to kill you. Have you no respect for the divine?" She asked, anger boiling inside her.

"Can you kill me though?" Percy asked with a small smirk, twirling Firestorm in his hand.

"It will only be a matter of time until you tire. Unlike us, you mortals get tired rather easily." Athena said with certainty, brandishing her spear.

"Ah."

"There's one thing however, wisdom goddess," Percy added, a playful smirk on his face.

"Who says we're mortals?"

And just like that, time seemed to slow down. Everything went to an almost standstill. Athena was rooted in her spot, an expression of confusion evident on her face. Zeus was radiating electricity, ready to unleash the most dangerous thunderstorm yet. Ares was slowed in time mid-slash, his attack coming to an almost standstill.

"Great timing," Percy added, heading over to Yorath who was manipulating time. Percy clutched Firestorm and walked over to Ares, a look of thought crossing over to the son of time's face.

He made multiple slashes around Ares' legs and thighs, making sure that when time returns to normal, the god could no longer walk. In addition, he added a slight kick in the nuts as an extra measure. He knew what deeds the god of war did. He was a selfish prick in this timeline, it was only fitting for Percy to rid him of his gonads.

He walked over to Athena, trying to decide what way to incapacitate her. He gave a small shrug and decided to go with the usual route, making multiple slashes at her shoulders, legs, and calf.

He turned towards Yorath and gave a small nod, signaling to Yorath that the deed was done. The energy that pulsated from Yorath dissipated, time slowly going back to normal.

Ares screamed in pain, dropping to the ground with a thud, clutching his privates. The pain in the nuts was just too overpowering for him to feel the numerous cuts on his legs.

The wisdom goddess wasn't faring all too well. She gave off a scream and fell to the ground with a thud. Her spear dropping to the ground with a clang.

Athena looked at Percy with wide eyes, her face as pale as a ghost. Percy gave a small smile and turned towards Zeus who was looking around in confusion.

"Why didn't you do it to him?" Yorath asked, wiping the sweat from his brow.

"You were on the verge of collapsing. I doubt you would've lasted much longer." Percy replied. Yorath gave a slight nod, agreeing with Percy's statement.

"What have you done?!" Zeus basically screamed, looking at the two brothers with wide eyes.

"Defeated two gods with relative ease. The normal Sunday." Percy waved his hand dismissively, the god of thunder staring at the two with a look of both fear and confusion. Zeus launched bolt after bolt at the two demigods. They simply evaded with relative ease, not breaking even a singular sweat from the barrage of thunderbolts that Zeus launched.

"Impossible. I will not let this mere mortal be the end of me." Zeus gasped out as a pair of flashes of light appeared around the area. The two brothers looked at each other with a slight sigh.

"Round two?" Yorath asked, looking at Percy with a raised eyebrow. Percy gave a toothy grin.

"You know it." He replied, facing the flashes of light, ready to combat the next wave of gods.

Percy readied Firestorm, the signature sword still in its deactivated form. Activating it would be his last resort if the battle proved to be troublesome. For now, they were faring just fine against the Olympian gods.

The flashes of light died down, revealing Apollo, and Hermes, ready to fight for their king. Percy twirled the sword in his hand, ready to fight. Yorath followed suit, readying his yoyo for another round.

"You are going to die a painful death." Zeus proclaimed, holding the master bolt in his hand.

"Please just shut up." Yorath piped in, a dissatisfied look on his face. Zeus clutched his master bolt with rage, the two gods surging towards the two sons of time with a battle-ready look on their face.

"Which one?" Percy asked, turning to Yorath.

"Apollo's mine, you can have Hermes," Yorath replied readying his yoyo and dodged, a multitude of arrows piercing the spot where he previously stood.

Percy ducked, barely avoiding a strike from the god of speed. The god turned to the son of time, a look of confusion on his face.

"How did you even-"

Percy sent a flurry of slashes towards the god, each one of the slashes missing due to the gods' speed. Hermes turned to Percy with a small smile.

"You're going to have to try better than that," Hermes stated and disappeared with a small blink. He felt a gust of wind pass through him, feeling a fist collide with his stomach, making him drop to the ground with a groan. The god of speed knelt beside him, staring at him with an unimpressed look.

"How did you even defeat Athena and Ares, you are so weak in comparison to them." Hermes proclaimed, looking at Percy with a confused glance.

"No matter, you'll still fail with this petty revolution, as normal." Hermes sighed, standing up and cracking his knuckles.

"All in a day's work I guess," Hermes added, stretching his limbs.

Percy stood up with a groan, using Firestorm to balance himself. The god turned to Percy with a raised eyebrow.

"Just stop trying already. You can't catch up to me. You can't even land a hit, what more can you do?" Hermes asked, staring at Percy as he awaited his response.

"I got to applaud you mortal, you managed to defeat the god of war and battle in combat." Hermes disappeared, appearing behind Percy and giving him a pat on the back. Percy swung his sword at the god out of instinct, the god speeding up and dodging the strike effortlessly.

"You're skilled, I'll give you that." Hermes complimented. "But what's skill when you can't even catch me?"

Percy stood up straight, recovering from the punch to his gut. He clutched his sword staring at the god of speed in front of him, gritting his teeth.

"You gods are starting to annoy me, always so arrogant," Percy stated, looking at Hermes with a glare.

"Oh? You speak as if you're superior. What chance does a mortal have with a divine god?" Hermes contemplated, speeding up and sending a kick towards Percy's chest. The son of time was sent flying, his back landing on the ground with a thud.

"None, that's for sure." Hermes proclaimed. Percy stood up immediately, shaking his head to clear himself of a dazed mind.

"Alright, I've had enough," Percy said. Hermes scoffed, looking at him with a bored expression, rolling his eyes. Hermes disappeared, using his powers of speed to deliver multiple punches towards the son of time.

Percy scoffed, a faint green glow radiating from his watch. Time seemed to slow down, the once lively birds going at a snail's pace.

Percy raised his hand, blocking Hermes' punch that was aimed at his face. The god looked at him with wide eyes, an expression full of shock and confusion on his face.

Hermes recoiled his fists and tried to run, he tried using his powers. Hermes' powers worked perfectly. But Percy's slowing of time nullified and completely canceled it out.

"How are you-"

Percy recoiled his fists and sent a punch at the god of speeds' face. The god stumbled back, clutching his bleeding nose with shock.

The son of time clutched Firestorm, raising it in the air and bringing it down onto Hermes' calf. The god of speed screamed in pain, the sword impaling the gods' calf with ease.

The glow from his watch slowly died down, time resuming back to its normal pace. Hermes looked at Percy with a look of shock and fear.

He gave a sickly sweet smile and pulled the sword out, earning another scream from the god of speed. Percy turned to Yorath who had a grin on his face, twirling his yoyo and blocking each one of the sun gods' arrows.

Apollo himself had sweat dripping from his brow, a look of worry on his face. Yorath turned to Percy with a raised eyebrow. He crossed his arm, looking at Yorath with a bored expression.

"Fine fine," Yorath stated dismissively. Twirling his yoyo and sending it towards Apollo. The yoyo wrapped around the sun gods' bow, a look of shock on the sun gods' face. Yorath yanked on the string, the bow came flying from the gods' hands and onto Yorath's grasp.

He clutched the bow and notched an arrow, pulling back the bowstring with relative ease and firing. The arrow soaring through the air and hitting the sun gods' stomach. It wasn't enough to kill him, but enough to incapacitate him.

"About time." Percy scolded.

"Sorry, it was fun seeing the arrows have no effect and the increasingly worried look on Apollo's face," Yorath admitted.

The two turned towards Zeus who was looking pale as a sheet. Seeing four of his fellow gods beaten in what seemed to be a few seconds. Zeus gritted his teeth in both anger and rage. Storm clouds started to form overhead, as lightning came down from the sky, providing an eerie atmosphere.

"The final boss," Yorath whispered with a small smile. The two brothers snickered, as Zeus was about to boil over with rage.

"You shall die for daring to challenge the gods." He exploded as lightning bolts came from the sky, striking the spot where the two brothers stood. The lightning collided, but this would only further anger Zeus as it hit the ground and managing to miss the two brothers completely. Courtesy of slowing down time by Yorath.

Zeus started to float in the air, the master bolt crackling at his side, ready to fry the two brothers to oblivion. The two brothers looked at each other and gave a small nod.

Yorath coiled his yoyo and let it loose, the yoyo wrapping around Zeus' ankle.

He yanked on the yoyo string, bringing Zeus back down onto the ground with a thud. Percy sprinted at the god of thunder and kicked him in the chest, sending the god flying.

Zeus collided with a pillar, a groan escaping from his lips. He shook his head and raised his master bolt, ready to strike again when Percy punched him in the stomach, making the god double over in pain.

"I thought he'd be a tougher opponent." Yorath quipped, looking at the pathetic god in front of them.

Zeus gritted his teeth, power surging from the area. The sky darkened even more, as lightning slowly started to accumulate. From the sky came the biggest and most powerful lightning bolt that Zeus could muster up. Striking Percy with everything that he had.

Dust and smoke gathered around the area, the blast from the bolt so powerful that it formed a dust cloud. Limiting the vision of anyone near the area. Zeus smirked, a look of victory on his face.

"Did you really think that'd be enough to stop us?" Percy asked, looking at Zeus with a raised eyebrow.

The god of thunder widened his eyes, looking at Percy with a look of fear. Firestorm which was previously deactivated was now a blazing inferno. There was one key difference however.

Firestorm which previously ablaze with green, red, and blue was now glowing a bright yellow. A yellow flame coated the magical blade, from the flame came sparks of lightning, ready to strike at any moment.

"What in the Hades is that?!" Zeus screamed, stepping back in shock. Staring at Firestorm with fear. Percy rolled his eyes, looking at Firestorm with a small smile.

"Thank you for the upgrade, another one to add to the collection," Percy said with amusement, looking at the yellow flame that coated the blade.

Percy made a slash at Zeus, a slash of lightning came barreling towards Zeus at frightening speeds. The lightning slash sparking with life, electrocuting Zeus at the spot. Although the god was immune to lightning, it was a different lightning that came from the sword. A magic that even the gods couldn't handle.

Percy smiled, looking at his sword, he really had to thank his father sometime.

Zeus reached for his mater bolt and hurled it towards Percy, ready to incinerate him at the spot. The son of time looked at the bolt and caught it mid-air, catching the master bolt mid-flight like it was nothing.

"Oh, you little son of a bitch." Percy sighed out, shaking his head in disappointment. Percy clutched the master bolt, holding it with a contemplating look on his face.

Percy grabbed the master bolt with both hands and snapped it in half, power surging across the area from the sudden destruction of a symbol of power.

"H-how?!" Zeus stammered out.

"Wouldn't you like to know weather boy."

Zeus stood up with rage, running at Percy with coiled fists, ready to give a straight punch at the son of time. Yorath sighed and sent his yoyo towards Zeus, the weapon coiling around the god of thunders' legs, making the god trip and land face-first onto the ground.

"Try anything again and you are dead." Percy deadpanned, looking at Zeus with a dead serious face.

"What now?" Yorath asked, raising an eyebrow.

"As much as I'd like to end his life right then and there, I'll let the rest of the gods decide their fate," Percy stated, looking at the five Olympian gods that were wounded and incapacitated.

"Wait, rest of the gods?" Yorath asked, confused.

"Not every god is evil. Only these five are, or at least only in this reality. Poseidon, Hades, the rest of them are actually pretty alright." Percy explained.

"And you know this how?"

"Didn't you check the library?" Percy asked, crossing his arms. Yorath shook his head, a small cheeky smile on his face.

"Figures."

"And where are these gods now?" Yorath questioned.

"Right here in about a few seconds."

Like Percy predicted, multiple flashes of light appeared in front of the two sons of time. The rest of the gods appeared in front of them, a look of relief on their faces.

"Thank you mortals for freeing us. We were imprisoned for millennium!" Hestia thanked the two demigods.

"Where were you imprisoned anyway?" Yorath asked.

"On the cellars of Mount Olympus," Poseidon answered.

"How did you escape?" Yorath questioned.

"By breaking the master bolt, the seals were broken, and thus were freed," Hades answered. Yorath gave a small nod, the pieces clicking together.

"What would you mortals desire? After all, this act cannot go unrewarded." Poseidon asked, looking at the two. The two brothers sighed and rubbed their temples.

"First of all, we are not mortals. Second of all, some food and water would be nice." Percy corrected. Hestia snapped her fingers as a whole table of food and water appeared in front of them.

"If you aren't mortals, then what are you?" Hades asked with a raised eyebrow. "I do not sense a godly presence among you."

"There's a fancy thing called aura masking, we use it so that other beings cannot sense what we are," Yorath said dismissively, grabbing a handful of food and chowing it down.

"Would you grant us the pleasure and temporarily taking down this so-called aura masking? We want to know who our saviors are." Dionysus stated. The gods looked at them with a look of anticipation, awaiting their response.

The two shared a look, giving off a shrug. The two let down their so-called aura masks as Percy grabbed a cup of water. Power immediately surged forward, sending the gods to their knees at the amount of power that they had. The two shared a worried look and raised their aura masks back up. The power surge fading from the area.

"You guys alright?" Percy asked, taking a small sip from the cup.

"How are you so powerful!" Poseidon asked with wide eyes.

"Runs in the blood I guess?" Percy shrugged, taking another sip of water. He was parched, the water was his saving grace.

"Now if you don't mind we need to get going," Percy stated, looking at his watch to see how much time they had left.

"Where are you two going?" Hades asked.

"Someplace, somewhere, we honestly don't know. Just a roll of the dice."

---

"Holy- That was awesome!" Leo basically shouted, looking at the two brothers with wide eyes. Everywhere as far as the eye can see were people celebrating and throwing parties. Everyone was finally freed from Zeus' tyranny.

"Think so?" Percy asked.

"I know so."

"Glad to hear it." Percy smiled.

"I'm afraid we have to go now, we are running on quite a tight schedule," Percy added with a sad smile.

"What? Zeus is now gone, everything is at peace. Where are you even going that can be more important than taking a rest?" Leo asked incredulously.

"Don't worry about it, have fun though, I can see a lot of people getting rather excited at the thought of being free."

"D'you really have to go? I was about to throw the biggest party ever with fireworks and all that." Leo slumped.

"Sadly I do. Take care of yourself Leo Valdez." Percy bid farewell, patting the son of Hephaestus on the back.

"Also when you're done with all the partying. Go to Mount Olympus, I believe your father and the other gods want to award you for your help."

Percy gave a smile and walked off, leaving Leo behind to let him process what Percy just said. He could've sworn he heard a faint yes in the distance as he walked towards Yorath.

"So, ready to go?" Yorath asked. Percy gave a small nod.

"I just hope we have enough time," Percy said with a sigh as the area filled with a green light, the two traveling to another reality.

Word
3501
Count

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.8K 1.1K 39
Sally Jackson died when Percy was a young lad, coincidentally, he met someones that could help and change his life. Read this story to find out more...
22.9K 556 64
Hades stumbles upon Percy soon after Gabe comes into his life & kills him & takes to helping Percy to the best of his abilities. Percy inspires other...
15.7K 433 1
This is just a little something I had saved back. So, while I try to figure out how to update my other stories, enjoy this. Percy Jackson goes throu...
75.3K 1.4K 30
Percy is actually a son of Kronos! Kronos is rising again and he wants Percy to join him but Percy is still loyal to the gods. Kronos decides to tu...