Destiny Rose Young || A Paul...

By rosie022201

About a month before her junior year ended, Destiny Young's life was flipped upside down. Being forced to mov... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chater 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Wedding Pictures
More Wedding Pictures
Chapter 73
Epilogue
Pictures

Chapter 22

5.8K 135 2
By rosie022201

“Destiny,” Dr. Adams said. “Are you okay with everyone being in here for your results?” She looked at Paul skeptically.

“Yeah, of course,” I said, but knew the results considering her having to ask.

“Destiny, I regret to inform you,” Dr. Adams spoke. I squeezed Paul's hand tighter, and his thumb moved across the back of my hand. I could tell he was still hopeful, but I was not.

“What is it?” I asked.

“You have Osteosarcoma again. It's back in your left hip. We caught it very early on and believe a round or two of chemo is all you need. If, of course, your sister signs off on it,” she said.

“Why do you say it like that?” I asked.

“Your father wouldn't sign off on chemo when you were younger. He only allowed us to amputate your leg,” she said.

“Did he ever say why?” I asked. Paul was tense beside me, and I could see Alex's anger with our father from across the room.

“No, he did not,” she said. “I know this is going to be a big decision for you, but I just wanted to show you your scans so you can see the option of surgery.” She turned to the screen and pulled up the images. Paul was holding my hand against his lips in attempt to calm himself.

“So, you can see the tumor right here she said, pointing it out. “We can perform another surgery to remove the tumor itself and couple that with chemo. Or, we can remove the rest of your leg and increase the length of your prosthetic.”

“Can we have a few days to think about it?” Emily asked.

“Of course. We don’t believe that it’s metastasized at this point in time, so you can have a few days. If you return with an answer on Monday, we can begin treatment,” Dr. Adams said.

“Thank you,” I said softly.

“Why don’t you guys head out to the car?” Emily held the keys up for Alex to take. “I’m going to schedule an appointment for Monday.”

We walked out to the car, Paul’s arm around my waist the whole time. Alex got into the front seat and Paul and I got in the back. I broke down and started crying, causing Alex to grab my hand and attempt to reassure me.

“Dest, it’s all gonna be okay,” Alex said.

“Thanks, Xander, but I’m not so sure anymore,” I said.

“You’ve gotta be. We have a show to put on,” Alex said.

“What?” I asked.

“I got the email ten minutes ago. We were approved for Rome and Jules,” he said.

“Highlight of my day,” I said softly.

“Babe,” Paul mumbled after a few minutes of dead silence.

“What?” I asked.

“You’ve gotta get better. We have a life to live together,” Paul said.

“Babe, Dr. Adams is amazing,” I said. “I’m sure I’m going to be fine.”

“If you say so,” he said, kissing my temple gently as Emily got into the car. It was quiet as Emily drove back to the pack house.

“How’d,” Sam started to ask, but saw the looks on our faces and knew all he needed to. “Paul, come here.”

“Hey, Em,” I said softly. “Can I go lay down while you make lunch?”

“Yeah of course. We’ll talk about it later when the pack is all gone,” she said.

“Thanks, Em,” I said, heading upstairs to my bed and crashing into it.

“Baby,” Paul said, opening my bedroom door.

“Yeah,” I said, rolling over to look at him. He joined me on the bed and pulled me into his arms.

“Sam gave me as much time as we need unless a major fight comes up,” Paul said.

“I’ll be sure to thank him,” I said sarcastically.

“Babe, you’re my life now. I need you to be the center of my attention whether you like it or not,” Paul said. “I love you and want to be here for you for whatever you need.”

“Thanks, babe. I love you too, but right now, I just want some sleep,” I said.

“I’ll be here when you wake up,” Paul said, holding me close to him to help lull me to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.1K 1.2K 31
*COMPLETED*Amelia 'Mia' Evans is a junior at Forks High. She and her mom moved back to Forks after living in Seattle ever since she was little. Norma...
122K 2.6K 47
"So let's test your theory." "What theory?" Paul smirked at me as he backed me up against the door. I watched his eyes as he lifted his arms and tra...
774K 20.3K 25
𝑬𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒄 || ❝Now that he was seeing her face to face, she was an angel in his perspective. She was the epitome of innocence in his mind, an...
219K 5K 37
*COMPLETED*Ashley Cullen was just a baby when she and her birth parents were in a horrible car accident. Rosalie and Emmett Cullen happened to be by...