A Lifetime Promise

By yujexroo

Highest rank #1 in Romance Highest rank #1 in Historical Fiction (08/01/18 ⇢ 19/11/18) A normal high schooler... More

Announcement
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64: The End
Bonus 1: Fu Hanyu
Bonus 2: Qiang Jingyi
Bonus 3: Lin Xinglan
Q&A [UPDATE]
CHARACTERS
Last A/N + New Story

Chapter 37

23.9K 1.1K 129
By yujexroo

Lin Xinglan placed her right palm against the tree, and Qiang Jingyi stood right behind her as he placed his right hand on top of hers. Lin Xinglan involuntarily blushed when she felt his hand on hers, she could see the huge difference between their hand sizes. Hers was very small compared to his and paler.

When they finished, they withdrew their hands from the tree but suddenly, Qiang Jingyi grabbed her hand and with a strong force, he pulled her to his side as the both of them saw an arrow fly by them in a fast speed.

Qiang Jingyi quickly drew out his sword from the sheath to block the upcoming arrows that were aiming to shoot at them. Lin Xinglan was in his arm, she watched how the arrows were coming toward them nonstop and became worried over the man who was behind her. She looked up at him to only see a calm expression on his face, as if he wasn't affected by their sudden situation. At the very moment, she couldn't help to admire Qiang Jingyi.

At the same time, Qiang Jingyi was enraged because his precious moment with her was ruined by some incredibly annoying pests. They actually dared to ruin his perfect plan he carefully planned for days!

The so called 'annoying pests' saw that the arrows they shot were getting easily blocked by one of their targets, they stopped shooting and leaped forward to attack their targets with their swords.

Lin Xinglan kept seeing black figures coming out one by another, they were fully dressed in black clothes from head to toe, only their eyes could be seen.

Qiang Jingyi lunged his sword to either attack or block the enemies' swords, he was having it difficult since he couldn't carelessly move freely because Lin Xinglan was in his arm. He couldn't had them harm her while she was still under his protection.

The sound of metal clashing each other could be heard loud and steadily which alarmed Qiang Rong Kai who wasn't too far away from the scene. He instantly proceeded forward towards the location, it took him only a short moment to arrive.

Seeing the enemies kept aiming their swords at Qiang Jingyi who held Lin Xinglan, he accelerated his pace to attack them. The enemies began to struggle and backed down.

"Give us the maps and we will give you an easy death!" One of them shouted.

Qiang Jingyi didn't answer back and just coldly looked at them.

"Not giving us the maps? Alright, we will force you then!" Another one of them shouted before they attacked their targets again.

Qiang Jingyi swung his sword and said with a low voice, "Lan, hide behind the tree for a while. I'll finish this up in a flash."

Lin Xinglan was scared but when she heard Qiang Jingyi's voice, she calmed down and nodded in response. Qiang Jingyi found an opening and took the moment to push Lin Xinglan towards the core tree. After making sure she was safe when she hid behind the tree, he immediately attacked the enemies and finished off the remaining of them with a few moves but, all of the moves were deadly and ruthless, showing no mercy.

Lin Xinglan saw that it was over and planned to walk to Qiang Jingyi and Qiang Rong Kai but who knew that one of the enemies, in a brink of death, used his remaining strength to thrust his sword at her.

The three of them weren't prepared for the sneak attack, Qiang Jingyi widened his dark phoenix eyes and used all of his Qing Gong to push away Lin Xinglan to make her avoid the sword.

But alas, the enemy was too close and he wasn't fast enough, only able to push her for a short range causing the sword to thrust through her right shoulder. Pulling out the sword from her, the enemy stood up wobbling as he frowned, he had missed her heart.

Lin Xinglan cried out loud in pain, she clutched her right shoulder with her left hand, and squatted down. Qiang Jingyi's eyes flashed red, he kicked on the enemy's chest which made him fly away from Lin Xinglan before he then cut off his head, making the head roll down on the ground. Seeing his enemy laying dead, he quickly turned around and ran up to Lin Xinglan who was in pain.

"Lan, let me see your wound!" Qiang Jingyi's voice was trembling, like he was panicking and anxious.

Lin Xinglan removed her bloodied hand from her injured shoulder to let Qiang Jingyi check it out. He noticed she was bleeding a lot so he ripped a piece of his sleeve and bandaged her shoulder. Once he was done, he heaved a shaky but relieved sigh.

"You're fine now. Does it hurt a lot? Do you feel uncomfortable anywhere?"

Sweat running down her forehead, she said, "I just got stabbed by a sharp sword and I'm absolutely fine, you know, it's nothing. It's not like I got a hole in my shoulder, right?"

Qiang Jingyi let out a low laugh, hearing her words he knew she wasn't in a dangerous state.

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm with you yet I let you get hurt... If, If I didn't push you hard enough, you would have been..." He couldn't continue his sentence, he was suffering from heartache.

Lin Xinglan breathed heavily, "That's right, I could've died but I didn't and that's what matters. What's more important right now is that I'm in freaking pain and I hate pain so can we please go back? I need to rest..."

She looked very tired and drained so he nodded and carefully carried her to the horse carriage in his arms. Meanwhile, Qiang Rong Kai saw Lin Xinglan was alright and relaxed his body. He inspected the assassins that tried to kill them, he made a dreary expression as a flash went past his stern eyes.

They were inside the horse carriage as it was running towards the capital city. Qiang Jingyi held Lin Xinglan in his arms, he was afraid the bumpy ride would affect her injury negatively and make it worse. Lin Xinglan looked tiredly at Qiang Rong Kai who was sat on the opposite side.

"Did you snatch their money?"

Qiang Rong Kai wrinkled his brows, "Why would I take their money for? They're too dirty."

She let out a disappointed groan, "They attacked us and injured me so naturally they have to pay us back. Leaving their money behind is such a waste, they don't deserve to keep the money after everything they had done to us."

"...."

Shaking her head, she said in a disappointed voice, "It seems like you have a lot to learn to be a true faithful servant."

Qiang Jingyi lightly cough to keep from letting out a laugh. Qiang Rong Kai couldn't utter a word out from his mouth, he decided to not say anything and just sit quietly, it was better that way.

She shrugged and leaned against Qiang Jingyi's chest, having her forehead on the crook of his neck. She let out a content sigh and closed her eyes to rest. Her shoulder still hurt a lot and she felt like fainting from the pain anytime soon.

Only when the two men confirmed she fell asleep did they had a serious talk.

Lin Xinglan felt her body floating in the air but she knew she couldn't fly so she opened her eyes, and saw that Qiang Jingyi was carrying her. However, she was too tired to push him away and only looked at his face.

"You're awake? We will arrive to my bedroom soon, I'll put some ointment on your injury later on."

She could only let out an agreement sound and shut her eyes again.

Qiang Jingyi gently put her down on his bed when he arrived to his bedroom. He unwrapped the bloodied cloth that was around her shoulder, and tenderly put the medicine ointment on her shoulder injury.

Lin Xinglan let out soft groans when she felt sharp pain but soon relaxed when she no longer was pained and her shoulder felt cold and soothed. She succumbed to slumber, her sleep was tranquil. While she was sleeping comfortable, Qiang Jingyi was anything but comfortable.

Lin Xinglan's constant soft groans had made his lower region excited throughout the time he took care of her injury. He looked at her sleeping body, his throat was dry and he felt hot all over his body, especially his lower region. His breath became heavier, he tried to control his excitement but when he saw her soft and plump lips, he lowered his body and his head.

He originally only wanted to plant a kiss on her lips but when his lips met hers, he wasn't satisfied enough. Soon, his tongue slyly opened her mouth to slide inside her, at first the kiss went slow but then having a taste of her, it grew bigger, and more intense.

He couldn't help but continue as he explored her, her tongue was wet and warm, her taste was sweet and addicting. Lin Xinglan unconsciously let out a moan, only to make him more excited but he held in and stopped kissing her. He lowly groaned and walked out of his bedroom to take a cold bath.

| |─‿‿─)🍵🍵🍵
I did try my best to make a kiss scene lol. My second time writing one though, hope I did a good job haha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 179 27
Hi, bookies! This is my new book that it about fictional and real guys that I fan girl over. This is almost all black coded and I can do a specific s...
4.3K 50 9
Kai sister meet Duke Dennis and her life change 4eva
385K 15.5K 137
Fern is the younger sister of a famous author known for 'The Promise Under The Moon.' At just fourteen, she was the first to read her sister's debut...
94.7K 3.4K 22
"You haven't been drunk like this since high school," Shi Xiao Xi mused, looking down at the slumped form of Lin Zhicheng on her battered old couch. ...