Regeneration (Winter Soldier...

By riku54

"I want to die!" He said through gritted teeth. "I can't handle all the guilt and memories anymore! Please." ... More

Regeneration (Winter Soldier fan fiction)
Anna Silver
Files
I'm Not Who You Think I Am
So it Begins.....
5.5
6.5
Fixing Fences, Fixing Hearts
Tag
8.5
Forgiveness
Don't Smile
10.5
Author's note IMPORTANT
Trap
Confrontation
Scared
13.5
Suicidal Savior
14.5
New Found Weakness
Got a Trail
Natalia Romanova
Paying an old dept
Crumpled Memory
Some New Stable Hands
Learning The Dreaded Truth
21.5
Darkness has Nothing to do with Light
Ward
Notice A/N
Fox
25.5
Unwanted Reunion
Terrible Aching
Distant Past
28.5
Ringing Out
S-I-N
Bad Day
Black and White
A/N
Wretched
35.5
Not long now
a/n hey guys
Buzz
Your heart was Bright and New
Breaking Point
Only A Crack
40.5
Here's to Murder While Tomorrow Bends
Just....Yet
Savior
Escape
This Will Be Over

The Bad Report

6.9K 207 57
By riku54

Sup guys?

↑↓↑↑↑↓↑↑↑↑↑↓↓↑↑↑

His eyes were trained on anything but me, he seemed determined to not look at the person who helped him.

He had changed out of his leathery armor after the short and silent argument we had had, and now he wore worn jeans, a t-shirt, and a hoodie.

He seemed, scared? Nervous?  Whatever he was feeling he hid it so well. His eyes were dull and broken and held nothing.

It made my heart clench.

It almost scared me how he sat there, not moving a so much as a finger. Not even his breath was shown.

He almost looked like a puppet without it's puppeteer, not capable of anything without it.

The phone rang loudly throughout the house, breaking the ghostly silence. At this he looked up, silently searching for the source of the shrill ringing.

"I'll be back" I muttered, standing from my leaning position against the door of my living room. The only indication he made of hearing me was the small skip of his eyes, but it only lasted a fraction of a second. 

I reached the land line and picked it up, pressing the answer button.

"Hello?"

"Miss Silver?"

"This is she" I placed a hand on my hip.

"This is the WSU headmistress,"

The women's shrill voice rang through the line, and my spine straightened. My voice grew with respect at the mention of WSU.

"And what do I owe the pleasure Headmistress?"

"Please do not use that fake tone with me Anastasia, it is disrespectful."

I cringed at the use of my full name, and James's eyes narrowed at my slight movement. I sent a weak smile his way but he just frowned in return.

"I apologize Headmistress" I faked pleasure, my fist clenching the phone so hard my knuckles turned white.

"Yes well, I have called to inform you that professor Bakstrom has regretfully informed me of your failing grade in his class. Due to this particular situation, I have no choice to put you on probation. If you do not completely ace the final exam at the end of next month, your scholarship will not be renewed."

I dropped the phone in shock.

He had failed my last test? But I knew it was perfect, so why did I not pass?

"Hello? Anna?"

Her voice came from the line on the floor, and I picked it up and pressed it against my ear.

"I understand mam." I spoke low, my voice laced with sadness and panic. "Thank you for taking your time to tell me this."

At that, I hung up, my head low with shame. If I didn't get my scholarship renewed, I would be forced to go back to my parents. I would have to listen to my mother tell me what a fool I was trying to live on my own and taking the scholarship in the first place, and my father's disappointed face every day of my life.

Most of all, I would lose the farm. All my stock, my horses, everything would have to go, and it would probably be turned into a lot for trailer houses.

I couldn't fail that last test, I just couldn't.

"You okay?"

His voice seemed to struggle lacing the words together. He still sat there, unmoved from his slouching position against the wall. His hair covered his face, masking it from my veiw.

"Yeah I'm-" How do you explain that to an assassin who barley knew who he was? I honestly had no idea. "Fine." I continued, sighing and slowly walking towards him. "How are you doing? Your wounds I mean"

He peered at me from beneath his hair, his arms crossed tightly against his chest like a sheild. "Fine" He grunted, his voice void of emotion.

"What about your head?"

At this, I got a reaction. He ground his teeth together and looked away, his breathing deepening. "I'm fine" He gritted, his jaw tensed.

"Okay...." I trailed off, no longer looking at him. "Well, I'm going outside if you need anything"

-

-

-

She retreated, finally leaving him alone. He had tried to act concerned at her little episode with the telephone, but he failed. He couldn't find the emotion within his heart, he couldn't feel anything but pain. Pain and guilt, mostly that was the only thing alive in his cold heart.

Why was she not angered at him for not telling the truth? He had never gotten away with lying at the base, but she seemed to respect his secrecy.

He honestly couldn't comprehend why she was helping at all, if she knew so much about him, then why was she not disgusted? The sins on his shoulders were great, but she treated him like a lost and wounded puppy.

He almost hated her.

Almost. She didn't make him uncomfortable like the Captain did.

The Captain.

Maybe the reason Bucky didn't want to see his old friend was because he had knew the real Bucky.

He knew Bucky before the procedures, the metal arm, the training, the two dozen never once failed assassinations.

That's what scared Bucky. He knew he would never be the man Steve once knew, not even close. His personality was darker, back then he hated pulling a trigger on someone's life, even if it ment saving others at the cost of one.

Now, he didn't care. If he was told to kill, and someone got in his way he killed them too.

He didn't care that he a dark angel that swept though the night, taking lives that weren't ready to leave this world.

He felt nothing.

-

-

-

"He does remember, if he didn't he wouldn't have turned back. He would have really killed you" 

The blond man argued with the man lying in the hospital bed, numerous machines connected to his wrists and chest.

"You don't know that!" Sam shot back.

Steve threw his hands up in frustration. "Don't you get it?" He spoke with authority, challenging the other to question him. "He could have easily killed you, he had a clear shot. He was a marksman back during the war, and that was before they caught him. He missed on purpose!"

Sam sighed in defeat, finally giving into the honorable man before him. "Fine" He spoke with his normal sarcasm. "But I think we should let him cool of a bit before we locate him again"

Steve opened his mouth to argue, but Sam held up a tape wrapped hand. "The man is confused Steve, and on top of that, is a highly dangerous assassin."

"He's not a assassin" Steve growled, his fists clenching at his sides.

"Look Steve, he is no matter what you say, and he is dangerous. He almost killed you twice, and this time it looked like he could have if he wanted to. He's a ticking time bomb, and if we push to hard he'll explode. We need to let him cool off"

Steve opened his mouth, but no words came out. Deep down he knew his friend was right, he just didn't want to believe it.

He wanted to believe Bucky was James Buchanan Barnes, not the Winter Soldier.

But they were the same person, Steve just refused to accept it.

"Fine" Steve muttered, crossing his arms. "But only until you are fully recovered"

-

-

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

Hullo;-)

hope you enjoyed it:-D

So tell me your favorite thing about Bucky.

LITERALLY ANYTHING.

I'M NOT GONNA JUDGE.

anyway,

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW? !?!???

bye, bye!

-Riku54

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 1.2K 28
"I Can't Live Anymore Sam" Steve Said with his face swelling with tears. He sniffs and uses his arm to wipe his tears. He struggles to Keep his norma...
8.9K 156 32
It's been two months since Y/N returned to the Compound, but despite her best efforts, she can't seem to escape her trauma. Nightmares haunt her at n...
128K 5.6K 42
It's been two years since Bucky Barnes showed up half dead on Willow Dariela's porch. They've grown close, and Barnes has joined the Avengers. All tr...
224K 5.8K 56
Y/N Stark. You are the daughter of the famous Tony Stark. Born in 1990, by a twenty year old Tony Stark. You don't know who your mother is...she was...