Ward

James hated the thing in his chest.

As the Winter Soldier, he didn't fear anything. He didn't feel anything. Not after the thirty years of punishment and memory loss. After those thirty years of so called 'training' He couldn't feel anything. Not the wind in his face nor the pain from a bullet.

But now, he was sure Anna had done something to him. Because as he rounded a corner and his ears picked up footsteps, his heart stopped.

He pressed his back to the wall, blending perfectly with the dark shadows of the hallway. He'd have to kill them, he had no choice. But it had to be quick and quiet. He couldn't risk one of them sending an alarm.

One stocked infont of the other as he watched them approach, only two. Both held M-16s in their hands. He'd have to be fast.  The both passed him right by, thier weak eyes not noticing his shadow. James silently prayed that they wouldn't notice anything. But the one in the back however, did notice it. And his eyes narrowed as he stared at his own shadow and the shadow that was behind him.

But before he could turn around, James wrapped his human hand over the guards mouth before he slit his throat with the knife in his other hand from behind. The body fell backwards into his arms and he laid it down, not making a sound.

That's when the first guard decided to turn, no longer hearing his partner's footsteps. Before he could yell as he saw his fellow guard dead with a masked man over the body, James flicked his wrist. The same knife sunk into the second man's throat. James stalked over, ripping the blade out and wiping off the blood on his pant leg.

He'd have to hid the bodies, he realized. And sighed. Why was he doing this again?

Oh yeah, that stupid girl.

He peered down the next hallway and sighed as he found an empty cell. He kicked the door open and dragged the bodies in, and rolled them under the steel bed.

As he closed the door he remembered the blood on the floor, and he grabbed a roll of bandages he always kept with him and wiped it up, the crimson staining the fabric red.

It was sick, and he knew it, what he was doing. And he almost hated that he could do it so well. HYDRA had created a killing machine he realized, and it was something he would have to live with.

And he had to live, because Anna said so.

-

-

-

Clink.

Clink.

Ting.

Grant Ward banged his very empty cup against the steel and discusting bed frame. He was bord, no he was beyond bord. And he hated being alone. Because every second he thought about Skye, and every second he regretted his decision to stay with HYDRA.

Because in the end, Skye was right. Garrett had used him as his personal body gaurd, his own personal pawn. And Ward was to blind to see it. Now he was stuck with a life long sentence in a high security hell, but at least he didn't receive the death sentence he deserved. He probably had Skye and Colson to thank for that.

Ting.

Clink.

BANG!

He stood up at the loud noise that issued from the other side of his cell door. His ears heard scrapes and muffled yells, but in a few seconds they were gone.

His muscles tensed up as the door creaked open, the light from his cell pouring into the dark hallway.

What the hell?