Buzz

Crunching and snapping was the only sound that came from the shallow ravine where the jet landed, hidden in a cave bank covered with snow that was so deep in the canyon James knew HYDRA would have a hell of a time finding it.

Natasha, Sam, And Clint were outfitting themselves with coats, as their uniforms did little to protect them from the harsh cold. James's leather armor was made for this weather, as he spent most of his time training in the same Russian desert they were about to endorse. The plan was to hike a four day trip to the base, James new that if they attempted to get any closer with the jet it would be shot down. Going on foot was their best shot.

He was leaning against the side of the jet, waiting for the others with slight annoyance. Slowing me down........

"Bucky?" James's eyes slid over to Steve's blue eyes that were peeking out from under his helmet. This time, he didn't snap at Steve for calling him that, even though it made him cringe inside. "You ready to lead?"

James strode past and Steve followed, the others coming up behind him. James stoped, and without turning around, his lips parted. "I didn't ask for you" His ghostly voice barley whispered, but they heard every word. "But you're on my home turf now and I suggest, you listen. Because if you decide you know a better route to this, or you get your cocky ass lost, I will not be coming to save you."

There was nothing said to that, and he moved on, their footfalls echoing behind him. Nothing but a buzz.

They walked for hours, and night began to fall. No one had said anything since they had left the jet, and he was grateful. He knew of the old cave HYDRA had abandoned in '92, and they were close to where they would be spending the night.

Soon they reached they old cave and James reached down and touched the edges of the gap in the rock. He knew what happened in the cave.

He wished he could forget it.

He continued on through the black hole, the rest of the team following and watching with curiosity.

"We will stop here tonight" He muttered lowly to them, not turning around. "Rest and gear"

No one complained. That was until Stark walked in and noticed the old computers and proccesers that we're covered in a thin layer of dirt. Stark stode past James, his eyes full of discust. "Jarvis, scan the area" He asked his suit, and the eyes of his mask glowed and as James watched everything get covered in a blue glow. "Scan complete sir. Traces of human bone and blood DNA are left on the floor. They are German scientist sir. All claimed to have gone missing in the year of 1992."

Stark stepped out of his suit, turning to James with nothing but trouble in his eyes. James's blood boiled. But he bit his tongue.

"Well what happened here?" Stark almost laughed, cocking his head to the side. "More importantly why are we here?"

James had no doubt in his mind Stark knew what had happened. He was smark enough to piece the clues together and that's what made him dangerous. But James danced around the first question.

"This is an old base HYDRA abandoned. It's a safe house that they will not think of checking. That's why we are here. You can be lucky we are not out there" James cocked his head over at the snow storm that had decided to start up outside.

"I think we are all grateful for the shelter I think." The Captain cut in, giving both Stark and James a look that said, back off. "Let's all get some sleep"

Everyone else got out supplies to clean their gear, or laid a blanket down to rest.

But James slipped into the shadows and deeper into the base, to dig something up.

He didn't know someone with curious eyes was following him.