Friendship on Fire (A Harry P...

By HeartEye121

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except my original characters. Everyone else belongs to J.K... More

Going Back to Hogwarts
The Announcement
The Arrival
The Triwizard Champions
Talking with Max
Happy Birthday
My Deal with Darren
The Daily Prophet
The Hogsmeade Trip
Werewolves
The First Task
Possible Dates
Dance Lessons
The Yule Ball
Telling Paige
The Forbidden Forest
Kappas
The Second Task
A Moment Alone
A Day of Tears
The Last Task

Dresses and Dates

1.1K 38 9
By HeartEye121

Dresses and Dates

            The next day was the Hogsmeade trip and the time my friends walked there with me; including Max and unfortunately Prudence. Melinda, Victoire, and Darren kept a close eye on me whenever Prudence talked because they knew very well I would say something I’d regret with the hatred for her that was rising in my body. Max didn’t seem to notice, though, because he kept talking to her. Teddy and Fred obviously saw my pretend daggers towards her but didn’t say anything. I was relieved when we finally got to Hogsmeade and Prudence went away. Fred and I also parted from our group because we had to meet Mum and Dad at Hog’s Head according to an owl Mum sent the previous night. Melinda, Victoire, Teddy, Darren, and Max went off to Honeydukes and we continued down the street. When we got to Hog’s Head, we found Mum and Dad at the table near the door. Mum instantly hugged us and Dad did after her before we all sat at the table together.

            “It’s good to see you guys.” Mum cooed. “I’ve missed you.”

            “It’s been a month since you’ve seen us, Mum.” Fred said.

            “I know but I’ve still missed you.”

            “How’s the pranking coming along?” Dad asked with a grin.

            “Good.” Fred beamed. “First years are so easy to get.”

            “That they are.” Dad smiled and looked at me. “What about for you?”

            I shrugged. “I haven’t had time to do it this year.”

            “She hasn’t done one prank yet.” Fred added. “She’s just been burying herself with school work and reading. She’s like Aunt Hermione.”

            I glared at him. “I’m trying to help Max and Darren, Fred. Sorry that I haven’t helped you with your stupid endeavors of giving first years boils.”

            “Enough you two.” Mum said and I crossed my arms as I slumped into the chair. “We didn’t meet you two here so you could fight.”

            “Sorry.” I apologized.

            “So why did you want to meet us?” Fred asked.

            “Well other than wanting to help you guys get your clothes for the Yule Ball...” Mum looked at Dad and smiled before looking back at us. “…we have something to tell you.”

            “Ok.” Fred and I said together with confusion in our voices.

            “You’re gonna have a new little brother or sister.” Dad said happily and held Mum’s hand.

            I raised my eyebrows and looked over at Fred. His eyebrows were raised too and we looked back at our parents. “You’re pregnant?” I asked.

            Mum nodded. “Two months now.”

            “Are we trying to beat Dad’s parents?” Fred asked. “’Cause we’re getting close.”

            Dad snickered and Mum glared at him. “We didn’t plan this but it’s great.” She smiled.

            “Where’s the baby gonna sleep?” I asked; knowing full well we didn’t have room for another kid in the house.

            “Charlie’s gonna help me add on to the house and now everyone will have their own room.” Dad said.

            Fred grinned and said, “About time. Jason was fine but Sebastian can be a brat.”

            “You’ll have to deal with him at Hogwarts next year and when we’re home, Fred. It’s not like he’s moving out.” I told him.

            “Still. This is one step closer.” Mum gave him a look that could kill and he stiffened in fear. “Um… Dad, let’s go get whatever it is you wear to a Yule Ball.” He quickly stood up and headed for the door. Dad followed him and left me and Mum there.

            She shook her head and laughed softly. “He acts just like his uncle.” She commented.

            “I’ll take your word for it.” I smiled.

            She looked at me and said, “How are you doing, Sweetie? We haven’t owled in a while.”

            I shrugged. “I’m fine. I’ve been busy trying to find out what the next task is so Max can get prepared.”

            She sighed. “Paige, you don’t have to worry about it. I’m sure Max will handle it.”

            “I can’t help but worry about him, Mum. I don’t want anything to happen to him. I love him.”

            She stood up and came over to hug me. “I know, Sweetie. I know exactly how you feel.” She kissed my head then looked into my eyes. “Let’s go shopping, huh? We’ll get you a dress that every girl will envy.” She winked.

            I smiled and said, “Ok.”

            We left Hog’s head and walked down the street to Gladrags Wizardwear where practically every student or visitor was buying their dresses or dress robes for the ball. It was crowded in the shop and I saw so many familiar faces including Max, Prudence, Victoire, Melinda and our roommates, Darren, and Minnie. The girls were grabbing any dress they could their hands on and I was nervous that I wouldn’t get a good dress. Mum pushed her way to some dresses and grabbed a couple for me to try on swearing they’d all look good on me. Once a dressing room was open, I went in and started trying on dresses. There was a pink one that looked nice on the hanger but not on my body. The same happened with the next five dresses and felt like I wouldn’t find any. Maybe I could wear Mum’s dress since she still had it in her closer. That or the white one she had and had never touched.

            I sighed after taking off a blue dress and grabbed the purple one; which was the last dress. I slipped it on and looked at myself in the dress. This was it. The dress was long and strapless with a silver and red design at the top and a brooch holding the design of the dress at my waist. It was perfect and I had to show it to my mum. I opened the dressing room door and my mum instantly gasped. A smile crossed her face as she walked over to me and said, “You look beautiful.”

            “Thanks.” I smiled back. “You don’t think it’s too long or revealing do you?”

            She shook her head. “Paige, you look perfect.”

            “Oh my god!” Melinda squalled next to me and I turned to look at her. She was in a dark blue, long, strapless dress that had ruffles from the waist down and diamond studs all over the top. She looked beautiful and I knew she would be getting that dress. “You look beautiful.” She gushed.

            “So do you!” I smiled at her. “Your date is gonna love it whenever you get asked.”
            She smiled. “Well, I actually already did.”

            My eyes widened. “Who asked you?”

            “Your brother.” She grinned. “I didn’t think he’d ever ask.”

            “That’s great!” I hugged her.

            “Anyways, you should see Victoire and Minnie in their dresses. They’re just amazing.” She walked away from me and knocked on a dressing room door. “Victoire! Show Paige your dress!” She knocked on another. “You too, Minnie!”

            The doors opened and each girl stepped out. Minnie was in a strapless pink and white dress that absolutely gorgeous on her. The top was pink with a silver design on it and the bottom was white with a pink floral design. It suited her perfectly. Victoire was in a long blue halter dress that had layers from the waist down and a silver design on the top. She was stunning and I knew Teddy would faint when he saw her; if he already hadn’t seen her. I grinned happily at both girls and said, “You two are stunning.”

            “Thanks.” They beamed.

            “Teddy almost died when he saw me.” Victoire said.

            “I figured he would.” I laughed.

            “Paige, you look so good.” Prudence’s voice said and I looked over at her. She was in a peach colored, long dress that had flowers at the top. She looked pretty and was probably the only girl in the world who could pull off that dress.

            “So do you.” I faked a smile.

            “Thanks.” She grinned. “Do you think Max will like it?”

            My heart stopped and I choked on my nest questions, “You’re going with Max?”

            She nodded. “Yeah. He asked me last night.”

            I raised an eyebrow. “He did?”

            “Yeah. So do you think he’ll like it?”

            I nodded out of having nothing else to do from the shock I was in and I barely said, “Yeah. He’ll like it.”

            She smiled. “Good.” She went back into her dressing room and closed the door.

            I turned back to my mum, Melinda, Victoire, and Minnie and they looked at me with pity in their eyes. “Paige, I’m sorry.” Victoire said.

            Tears filled my eyes and I said, “Why should you be sorry? You have Teddy and Melinda has Fred and Minnie had whoever she’s going with and I don’t have Max like always. I’ll just go with Darren and it’ll be ok.” I went into my dressing room and took off my dress as I held back tears and got back on my jeans, sweater, coat, scarf, hat, and shoes and went out there with the dress. “I’m gonna head back.” I handed Mum my dress. “Can you just give my dress to Melinda? I just want to go.”

            Mum nodded. “Of course, Sweetie. Write me if you need anything else.”

            “Ok.” I said and headed out the door.

            I couldn’t stop the tears from coming once I was outside. I figured Max would ask Prudence but the fact that it actually happened broke my heart. Maybe he would never love me like everyone was saying and I would have to settle with Darren or whoever else. This was just perfect. My tears blocked my vision and I ran into someone and fell to the ground. Perfect. I really needed to be kicked while I was already down. A pair of hands picked me up and a familiar voice asked, “Are you ok?”

            “I’m fine, Darren.” I wiped tears away and looked at him. He looked concerned and I knew he would want a better explanation. “Just having the worst day ever.”

            “What happened?” He asked.

            I took a deep breath and said, “Max asked Prudence to the ball.” I answered and rolled my teary eyes. “I don’t know why I’m upset. I knew this was gonna happen.”

            He rubbed my shoulders. “You have every reason to be upset. You love him.”

            “Like that’s a good reason anymore.”

            “It is. And it’s his loss for not asking you. And we’ll have to show him that.”

            “So we’re going together?”

            He smiled. “You bet.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like it! Got it up sooner than expected and waiting for your comments <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 257 24
Reynie Muldoon, Kate Whetherall, Sticky Washington, and Constance Contraire are free to be normal children at last! However, there is still one quest...
248K 7.9K 176
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
5.2K 369 25
A winter/Christmas themed one shot for each day of December up until Christmas day :)
81.8K 3.5K 22
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !