Never Going Back Again

By AWritingStyle

Eve runs away from the only safety she's ever known and is saved time and time again by Harry Styles. But is... More

1. Eve
3. Harry
4. Eve
5. Eve
6. Eve
7. Harry
8. Eve
9. Eve
10. Eve
11. Harry
12. Eve
13. Harry
14. Eve
15. Eve
16. Eve
17. Harry
18. Eve
19. Eve
20. Eve
21. Harry
22. Eve
23. Eve
24. Harry
25. Eve
26. Eve
27. Eve
28. Harry
29. Eve
30. Harry
31. Eve
32. Eve

2. Eve

8K 211 38
By AWritingStyle

Eve's legs burned from the exertion and she wanted to rip her lungs from her chest because they felt like they would explode at any minute but as the train station came into sight she plowed forward. She knew she must look strange. A mix of clothing, bedraggled hair and a duffle bag. But she didn't have time to worry.
Although it was still early, the train station was busy. She slowed as she came to the entrance and began to weave through the early commuters who were thankfully paying her little attention.

'When's your next departing train?'
Sat behind the Perspex window, the ticket officer gave Eve a puzzled look. With a quick glance at her screen she replied 'London Euston, 7 minutes'

'A single there, please' Eve nodded with unconvincing conviction.

As Eve found herself on platform 7 the panic finally set in. The buzz of the early morning commuters put her on edge. She frantically glanced over her shoulder. She couldn't see Jake but what if he was hiding in the crowd, following her? What if the police were coming for her? What if she didn't make it to freedom?

The train doors finally closed behind her as she weaved her way up the train. Finding an empty two seats, she sat her duffle bag beside her hoping no one would need the seat. She felt some of the tension leave her shoulders as the train pulled out of the station. She looked through the crowd of people waiting for their trains in the station. Frantically searching for his face. She let out a breath as she didn't see it. Instead the faces became blurred as the train built up speed and the faces transformed into a dark tunnel which eventually transformed into lush green country side. Her heart finally slowed as the train raced out of her town and away from everything the town held.

As Eve stepped from the train onto the dirty, concrete platform the dread returned. What the hell was she doing? She had just committed a crime then jumped onto a train, with very little clothing and next to no money, to a city she'd rarely even been to before. Flinching as a lady in a business suit pushed past her she slowly made her way up the platform, hoping to find an exit. She was carried up the ramp by the crowds of commuters paying her zero attention, too wrapped up in their own little worlds.

London was busy. It made her feel sick. Since being with Jake she very rarely frequented places like this. She spent most of her time at home with Jake or at work which was only a part time waitressing gig at the cafe across from Jake's garage. Big crowds were not Eve's thing. Loud noises were not Eve's thing. Strange people were not Eve's thing. She felt a flood of embarrassment as a tear stroked down her cheek. She had ran away from the only safe thing she knew; home. She had nowhere to go, she knew no one. At least at home she had Jake, right now she had no one and no clue what the hell she was going to do.

She clutched her stomach as it let out a growl. She had left Euston station with no idea of where to go. So she walked, and walked and kept walking. She had been walking for what felt like hours in no discernible direction. If she was not careful she would end up seriously lost. Not that Eve really knew much about London. She had visited once before when she was young with her mum and her sister. Despite only living a few hours from London it was somewhere she never visited.

Her legs felt weary from lack of sleep and the adrenaline rush had long since subsided. She looked at the buildings that lined the street she was on. Most were businesses. Estate agents, florists and trendy wine bars. If she had to guess, Eve would think she was in a relatively affluent area. She spotted a cafe up ahead. Feeling in her pocket Eve pulled out a ten pound note. Hopefully this would get something to stop her stomach growling.
A bell dinged as she opened the heavy black door. With her head bent low Eve made her way to the counter.

"What can I get for you, love?" A friendly female voice asked

Eve looked up and was met with a beaming smile. Behind the beaming smile was a pair of kind blue eyes.

"How much is a Bacon roll and a cup of tea, please?" Eve asked quietly

"To take away?"

Eve nodded.

"£8.40"

Eve felt her heart plummet. That would leaver with only £1.60 in cash which wouldn't get her much further.

As she didn't have many other options Eve asked for her order and patiently waited at the end of the counter while her roll was made.

The bright walls of the cafe and the small shrubs that sat in the centre of every marble table put Eve's anxious thoughts at bay. If she had a different life this would be a place Eve might like to come with friends for a catch up, or work mates for lunch. As it was, Eve didn't have many friends. And anyone she worked with left her well alone. There had been too many incidents at work where Jake had turned up drunk, or she'd had to hide a black eye that people just knew she was trouble. It was more hassle than it was worth to be Eve's friend.

The bell dinged again as Eve left the shop. Precariously holding the paper bag containing her roll while trying not scald her hand with the takeaway cup of tea. She kept her eyes on the ground as she turned to carry on up the road in search of somewhere to stay for at least the night. Immediately Eve collided with a strong chest in a navy coat.

"Shit, I'm so sorry" a deep voice flustered as he attempted to straighten himself out.

Eve flinched as she felt a hand on her upper arm.

"Are you okay? He asked. "I didn't hurt you, did I?"

Eve was on the verge of tears as she watched her tea run down the pavement and her roll that had escaped from its bag scatter its contents over the pavement.

"Always too busy on my damn phone" The deep voice came again. "Here, let me replace that for you"

Eve finally looked up to see the navy wool coat gesture at the only meal she was likely to have that day.

Eve cleared her dry throat. "It's ok" She whispered and tried to duck by the guy to get away.

The whole interaction was making the hair on her neck stand on end. She could feel herself sweating. She just had to get away.

As his hand wrapped round her upper arm again she flinched. He hadn't hurt her. He was applying no physical pressure to her. But she was scared. Shit scared.

"No please. I insist" The slow English drawl came again. "That was totally my fault. Please let me replace your items then you can be on your way again. I'd feel awful if I didn't"

Eve finally looked up to the face of the man who had ruined her lunch. She was surprised to see someone so young. The coat looked expensive. She assumed he would be older. His piercing green eyes looked kind. But she didn't have the time to trust anyone right now.

"No" Eve shook her head again. "It's ok. I must be going"

As she attempted to step round him again he opened the door to the cafe.

"Come on, it'll only take two minutes" He flicked his head towards the counter. The gesture caused his brown hair to flop across his head.

"Please?"

Eve could see the waitress now watching their strange interaction. As were a few customers in the relatively quiet cafe. With her intrinsic need to please people and not wanting to draw anymore unwanted attention her way. Eve found herself following Navy Coat into the cafe. What other choice did she have if she wanted to eat today? All her money was wrapped up in a bank account she had long 'lost' the card too. In honesty Eve knew Jake had stolen the bank card from her long ago. She just prayed he hadn't stolen the money out of the account too. But she's need to find a bank before she could check if she actually had any money to her name or not.

"What was it you had? Tea and a roll and bacon?"

Eve simply nodded in response to his accurate guess. His kind eyes regarded her for a beat, then continued to order.

Eve could feel his eyes on her as they waited for their food to be made but Eve never took her eyes off the back of the coffee machine on the counter in front of her.

"Thank you" She heard him say as he took their food and headed for the door. Eve dutifully followed.

Once they were outside he handed her a white paper bag and her paper cup. She flinched again as his fingers brushed over hers in their exchange.

"Once again, I apologise for bumping in to you. It reminds me to stop spending so much time on my bloody phone" He smiled trying to inject a little humour into their very one sided interaction. He bowed his head to try and catch Eve's eye. But again Eve avoided eye contact by spinning the cup around in her hand in an attempt to stop burning her fingers.

"I'm Harry, by the way"

She felt a shiver run down her back at the sound of his name "Thanks for replacing my food" Eve nodded and gave him a little smile then started to set off.

"Can I give you a lift anywhere?" He called as he nodded towards his sleek black Audi sitting beside the curb.

Turning back to him Eve quickly shook her head.

"No thank you. Thanks again" She gestured with her paper bag and turned back to him and set off down the road. In search of a bank. Putting this awful experience behind her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371K 7.8K 85
Alycia is making a name for herself in the music world after one of her songs goes into the top 5 on billboard. She's moved to LA to continue working...
33.2K 919 55
It was that one moment, as no one dared to look at him, that she looked. And he wasn't normal. But he loved her. ~ A.N. One Direction fanfic, mainly...
41.4K 782 25
An abusive, possessive boyfriend keeping Katie Rudd trapped until she meets Harry Styles on a vacation. Harry Styles fan fic
153K 2.4K 56
EDITING PROGRESS. When the troubled daughter of a well-known gang leader is finally thrust into the world she knows so little about she finds herself...