9. Eve

"We need to stop meeting like this"

Eve's stomach did that stupid butterfly fluttery thing at the sound of his voice.

It had been a week since their impromptu shopping trip where Eve had stocked up on some staple wardrobe pieces including the white trousers Harry had picked and enough new pants and bra's to last her a while. It had also been a week since she'd last seen Harry. Subconsciously Eve had been looking for him when she'd been working round the hotel but she'd had no luck. The chat from the girls at work was he left early in the morning and returned late at night. If the idle work gossip was to be believed Harry worked a lot. Rarely had any friends over and no one ever saw him come back with a woman. It seemed all he did was work. But Eve tried to stay out of the work chat, despite wanting to ask lots of questions about their boss she refrained and tried to keep her head down and keep busy.

Again, as the lift doors began to close Harry leaned forward to hold them for her. Eve, realising she'd been day dreaming squeezed forward and into the lift with Harry.

Being closest to the buttons he tapped the 7 for her. She felt a small buzz knowing he remembered what floor she was on. She had angled herself towards Harry and holding three pretty heavy shopping bags she thought it would draw too much attention if she suddenly turned away to face the door.

'Another shopping trip?' Harry asked nodding at the bags in Eve's hands.

'Unfortunately just groceries this time' Eve nodded. 'Thought I should stock up on more than just ready meals seeing as it looks like I'll be here for a while'

"Oh?" Harry looked surprised

"I spoke to reception yesterday and worked a reduced payment plan for the room" Eve informed him.

"It was going to be a long time before I could afford to rent even a cupboard around here let alone a room. So I thought staying here till I can get enough money behind me seemed like a better idea. Is that ok?" Eve faltered realising running this past Harry first might have been a better idea. Although the receptionist seemed to know about Harry's offer of paying the same for the hotel room as she would have paid for the hostel, the offer he had made the first night they met.

"Of course. That's great. I'm glad you're staying" He smiled one of this genuine, heart warming smiles that showcased the perfect dimple on his cheek.

They stood in silence for another second and Eve glanced back at the slowly rising numbers on the screen above the door.

"Anything exciting for dinner? He asked indicating the bags again with another nod of his head. "Inspire me"

Eve finally looked up at Harry again. Who was wearing a dark purple suit. It was a slightly peculiar colour, not your average black or grey. But somehow Harry pulled it off. The top button of his white shirt was undone and he was missing a tie. The jacket was unbuttoned to reveal what looked like a silk waistcoat. He looked smart but dishevelled. Like he's had a long day at the office.

Eve smiled and shook her head.

"I managed to buy a lot of things but nothing I want to eat tonight. I need to work on my meal planning." She chuckled

"Why don't you join me for dinner in the restaurant?"

"What? No, I couldn't" Eve flustered feeling her cheeks flame. "I'm sure I'll find something in here"

"I know, but I'd like you to join me. Call it a celebration" Harry shrugged smiling.

"Celebration of what?" Eve asked

Harry's eyes twinkled "... You sticking around a little longer"

The lift juddered to a stop and the doors slid open on Eve's floor.