32. Eve

By 7pm Eve was hungry and had been in the same clothes all day and needed to change. But changing meant going back to Harry's room. Eating meant going to the restaurant which would mean being out in the open which also meant potentially bumping in to Harry. She was going to have to face him at some point. Wether it was now or tomorrow morning when they were due to go home. Eve knew she couldn't go to dinner in her pyjamas trousers and an oversized hoody so it made her decision even easier.

When she got to Harry's room door she didn't know wether to knock or just let herself in. 24 hours ago she would have breezed in without a care in the world. Tonight she didn't know what to do. She hesitated for a moment before slipping the key card into the lock. The door clicked and she pushed it open. The room was quiet and Eve realised she was disappointed at the prospect of Harry not being here. But as quickly as the thought passed through her mind it was replaced with regret as Harry flew round the corner.

"You came back?" He looked like he hadn't slept a wink. Despite his casual uniform of black t-shirt and black skinny jeans, his clothes looked disheveled. He was so close that if Eve wanted to, she could reach out and touch him. But she didn't want to. His closeness felt suffocating.

"I just came to get changed" She avoided eye contact as she squeezed by him.

"Eve please, we need to talk" Harry pleaded, not moving from his spot.

"Not now Harry. I just want to get changed then I'm going for dinner" She dismissed him as she disappeared into the bedroom. She looked out a plain white vest top, jeans and a navy cardigan. She quickly changed and brushed her teeth before pulling her hair into a top knot. She washed her face and was ready to go. She left the bathroom to find Harry sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands. His head popped up at the sound of Eve.

"Eve please. Let me explain. Please talk to me" His eyes pleading with her. Her heart broke for him. She knew he must be hurting and there was a part of her that just wanted to wrap her arms around his body and tell him it would be ok. But her head just couldn't do it.

"I don't want to talk about it right now Harry"

"So what? That's it? We're over because you don't want to talk to me?" Harry gestured, pushing himself off the bed.

"I didn't say it was over Harry, I said I don't want to talk about it" Eve's voice was rising as was her temper.

"So what? We'll just stop talking to each other? I know I fucked up Eve but please can we talk about this?" Harry's mood quickly turned from angry back to pleading.

"No, Harry" Eve yelled. "We can't talk about, I don't want to talk about it. I have absolutely nothing constructive to say to you right now. I'm angry and I'm hurt. I don't care if you want to apologise and explain yourself because I don't want to hear it right now" She huffed and went to move past him. For a second she thought he might reach out and try and stop her, but he didn't.

Eve barely slept that night. Every time she closed her eyes she replayed her conversation with Harry. Unsure if she was being too harsh. The idea of driving back to the airport then back into London with just Harry was making Eve feel sick but she had no choice. She left it to the very last minute before going back up to the room. She knew the plan was to leave at 10am to be at the airport in time for Anne's flight. Eve had showered in her own room again, put her old clothes back on at was outside Harry's room at 9:45 but she still needed to change and pack all her stuff up.

She'd left the key she had in Harry's room yesterday so she had no choice but to knock. Harry answered the door quickly, too quickly, as of he'd been standing on the other side, waiting for her to come.