Partners By Chance

By AurumHeart

Highest Ranking: #3 fiction "What were you going to say to her?" He looks down at me. "That we're not in lov... More

Chapter 1: Checking you out? In your dreams, perhaps.
Chapter 2: You are destined for him.
Chapter 3: That's like an insult to my reputation.
Chapter 4: You will catch flies, Amelia.
Chapter 5: He has a girlfriend!
Chapter 6: Let's play twenty questions.
Chapter 7: Oh! Don't you look gorgeous.
Chapter 8: Hashtag bae, hashtag party.
Chapter 9: He is so sweet!
Chapter 10: I'm fucking done with you, Liam!
Chapter 11: You're in denial, princess.
Chapter 13: Busy making out with the bitch.
Chapter 14: It will be like a bro-like question.
Chapter 15: I missed you.
Chapter 16: You're so annoying!
Chapter 17: You look like a tomato.
Chapter 18: That feels good.
Chapter 19: Sweetheart.
Chapter 20: I love you, guys.
Chapter 21: It's a love story.
Chapter 22: Have fun while it lasts.
Chapter 23: Dude, that's my seat.
Chapter 24: La la land.
Chapter 25: Mr Black.
Chapter 26: It's a French restaurant.
Chapter 27: Love, X.
Chapter 28: Have you seen my girlfriend?
Chapter 29: You look hot as well.
Chapter 30: I know who it is.
Chapter 31: I'm so sorry.
Chapter 32: Hi, Ben.
Chapter 33: I'm looking for Camilla George.
Chapter 34: Brat.
Chapter 35: Let's google him!
Chapter 36: I don't like her.
Chapter 37: Never Have I Ever.
Chapter 38: You look like a princess.
Chapter 39: Ameliam Forever.
Chapter 40: Do you like babies?
Chapter 41: I love you.
Chapter 42: What's going on?
Chapter 43: That was rude.
Chapter 44: Get a room, guys.
CAST
Chapter 45: Oh. My. God.
Chapter 46: Catfish!
Chapter 47: Romeo and Juliet.
Chapter 48: What do you want from us?
NEW STORY ALERT!!!
Chapter 49: We know who X is.
Chapter 50: Choose me.
Chapter 51: Smileeee.
Chapter 52: Don't make me feel bad.
Chapter 53: Karl Lagerfeld.
Chapter 54: That's the fucking plan.
Chapter 55: Salted caramel.
Chapter 56: He's gone.
Chapter 57: I wasn't in love with him at all.
Chapter 58: The chemistry is natural.
Chapter 59: I can sense it when you're lying.
Chapter 60: I love everything about you.
Chapter 61: I'm not married.
Chapter 62: Happy Birthday!
Chapter 63: July it is.
Chapter 64: We love you, dad.
Chapter 65: The End.
Epilogue: The Final Chapter.
Married By Chance (Sneak peek)
Married By Chance (Out Now)

Chapter 12: I dare you to kiss Liam

28K 875 146
By AurumHeart

The Black's mansion pool above.

DFH-12

Amelia Smith

I tried calling Liam but his phone is switched off so I get up from my bed and go inside my closet to look for what to wear.

I have so many bikinis but I can't seem to find the perfect one to wear for the party. Why would he even have a pool party this late?

I finally find a cute white one and wear it beneath my clothes. I curl my hair and drive off to Liam's house. I leave a note saying that I am going out for the night.

I thought Liam was mad at me because he hung up on me so I was kind of surprised when Nicole told me about the party. Maybe his phone died.

I arrive at the gate and the house was blasting with music. A lot of cars were parked outside but since I'm familiar with the Blacks, I park inside.

I step out of my car and make my way to the back of the house where the pool is. As I reach there, I see a lot of people. I bring out my phone and dial Nicole's number. She doesn't pick up so I decided to look for her or any of my friends.

I keep walking till I finally see Liam but unfortunately, I don't like the sight in front of me. He is standing by a table shirtless kissing some crazy blonde chick.

He's such a hypocrite!

Earlier today, he has all sweet and calling me one of the most important people in his life.

My heart hurts like hell. Am I jealous?

Yes.

No, I can't be. The only way for me to get jealous is if I like Liam and I don't. I mean he's hot and all but NO.

I stand where I am for a while. Watching him hanging out with different girls minute by minute.

Later another girl comes and he wraps his arms around her she turns her face and I realize that it's Valentina King.

Valentina doesn't go to Hardwood but her parents know mine so we meet at some parties or galas. She is a really nice girl so I decide not to hate her....yet.

She whispers something in Liam's ears which makes him laugh before raising up his head and his eyes met mine.

He didn't flinch or anything he just smiles and heads towards me along with Valentina.

As they step further I notice how sexy he looks in his black boxers. This is the first time I'm seeing him shirtless and he looks hot as hell.

His chest looks hard so I trail my eyes down his v-line. Gosh! Valentina also looks cute in her royal blue bikini.

"Amelia!" She runs over to me and hugs me. As I said, she's a very nice person. I hug her back. "Hi, Valentina." I smile as she breaks the hug.

"How are you? I swear I haven't seen you in so long. You look so good." She says grinning.

'I'm fine, thank you. You also look smoking hot." I wink at her and she blushes.

Liam is just standing there pretending to tap something on his iPhone and also tapping his foot impatiently.

"Thanks, Amelia. I'm gonna go and catch up with my friends. See you soon. Bye Liam!" Valentina says to me and waves at Liam and left.

"Bye, Vanessa." Liam mumbles and I roll my eyes, secretly enjoying the fact that he can't remember her name even though that's a little mean.

"Can I get my hug now?" Liam pulls me in a hug which I don't return and then kisses my cheek but I literally wipe the kiss from my face because I know that his lips have done a lot of kissing.

He frowns a little bit and I see that he looks taken back.

I'm extremely mad at him and I know that my expression shows that to him because he grows a worried look on his face.

We both stand but don't say anything till I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Emily in a peach short dress.

"I've been looking everywhere for you. I thought you didn't come." She begins dragging me along with her.

We go inside Liam's house and Emily took me to his room where Nicole is standing in front of the mirror, fixing her hair.

"What are we doing in Liam's room?" I ask.

"Oh! Liam said that if any of the three of us needs something or wants to hang out, we should use this room. Isn't he sweet? Jamie told me that whenever he is having a party he usually locks his room and doesn't allow anyone to enter. I'm sure he's doing this because of you." Nicole explains.

"Oh!" Is all I manage to say.

They probably notice something is wrong and they both widen their eyes. I tell everything that happened from the time they left us at the restaurant to the time Emily came and called me.

****

"Okay, Brian truth or dare?" Rob asks smirking.

Brian thinks for a while before answering. "Truth."

We are now in Liam's living room playing 'truth or dare'. Some people have left the party and some are still outside. The people playing the game are Rob, Ian, Nicole, Emily, Brian, Liam, and I. All the guys were shirtless and they looked sexy as hell.

"When did you lose your virginity?" Rob narrows his eyes at Brian and everyone laughs except Liam who has been quiet since we sat down.

"On my 16th birthday." Brian chuckles.

We keep playing until Ian decides to ruin the moment. "Amelia, truth, or dare?" He grins at me.

I choose dare because I know his are safe.

"I dare you to kiss Liam." He says and I chocked on the water I was drinking.

So much for going for safe.

I look across the room and all the guys are smirking while Emily and Nicole have a blank expression on their faces.

"No!"

Even though the thought of kissing Liam is overwhelming, I can't because I am mad at him right now.

"Why?" Rob asks.

"You know you have to do it, Amelia." Brian winks in my direction.

Liam who is sitting beside Emily is speaking with Colton who's on the couch because he's not playing the game. I don't know if he hasn't heard the dare or he is pretending that he didn't.

Nicole starts smacking Ian on the head. "Why would ask her to kiss him? Idiot!" She keeps smacking him till he grabs her hand.

"Why not? I thought that they are a thing."

I'm about to speak but I'm caught off by Liam. "No, we're not. Can we please go on with the game?" He says tiredly and I glare at him. He's such an asshole.

I'm sure by now everyone has noticed that something is going on because the tension between Liam and I is quite thick in the air.

"Um, I think something is wrong here. Amelia has been sending daggers at Liam since we started this game and Liam has been quiet. Are you guys having lovers quarrel or something?" Brian spoke.

"No, Amelia is mad at Liam and instead of him to apologize, he's acting like a jerk," Nicole says.

"Why?"

"Because I was hanging out with Vanessa." Liam rolls his eyes.

"Her name is Valentina! Gosh! You're such a dick." I said angrily and get up.

I walk through the hallways of Liam's house until I finally reach one of the rooms. I open the door and I see black. Everything in the room is black except for the white walls, the grey carpet, and a white bedside table. The room smells amazing. I look around and guess that this is probably Adam's room.

It fits his dark character.

I sit down on a chair and start thinking. I know that I'm overreacting. I have no right to be mad at Liam because it's not like we are together or anything but I can't help it. I mean, the point of this party was for him to have fun and that's what he was doing.

I'm just he's just my friend. I don't why am acting this way.

Okay, I'm tired of being in denial.

I LIKE HIM! I LIKE LIAM A LOT.

It's been so long since I felt this way about someone. I guess that is why I'm all confused and overreacting.

We also had a good time earlier so I didn't expect him to be sucking faces with other girls afterward.

I wish I hadn't come.

The door opened and Liam comes in wearing grey sweatpants and a white shirt. He's hair looks wet so I guess he just showered. I look down so he won't catch me checking him out.

I don't even want to face him at all,

"Go away," I say and I realize that I had begun crying so I cover my face with my hand and let the tears keep flowing.

Fucking tears!

Liam just comes over to me and hugs me.

"Amelia, don't cry, please. You're right, I'm a jerk and I'm so sorry. I honestly didn't mean to hurt you."

I ignore him and keep crying like a baby.

"I'm so sorry that you saw what you saw. I and those girls. I swear that I didn't want to kiss that blonde. She kissed me and I kissed her back. I didn't know what I was doing and I ignored you instead of asking you what was wrong. I'm so sorry." He rambles.

Nicole has filled him in, I see.

He pulls away but keeps tone hand on my waist and starts wiping my tears with the other one.

"Princess, say something." He says making me cry more.

Liam tries biting a smile on his lips but he fails. I'm glad that he finds me amusing.

I decide to forgive him because he technically didn't do anything wrong. It's not like he cheated on me.

"Something," I mumble and he smiles.

"So do you forgive me now?" He pouts.

"Yes and I'm also sorry, I shouldn't have gotten mad at you. You were trying to have fun." I bite my lips.

"It's fine, so are we good now?"

"Yes, let's go and join the others." I pull his hand and we walk to the door only to open it and see Ian, Rob and Nicole and the looks of it, they were eavesdropping.

"Oh! Hi guys! We were just cleaning the door. It looked a bit dusty. It's not like we were eavesdropping, pffft." Ian rambles scratching the back of his head.

I roll my eyes while Nicole and Rob begin scolding him for not being able to shut up.

"Why don't we all go to sit and watch a movie?" Liam suggests wrapping an arm around me.

****

"Let's watch Now You See Me 2." Ian says.

"This is my house so you don't get to choose, monkey," Liam says to Ian and turns to me.

"What do you want to watch, princess?" He smiles at me, melting my heart.

It's like 2:30 am, all the people that came for the party have left except for the six of us that decided to a sleepover.

Mr. and Mrs. Black are in South Africa for a business meeting so it's just Liam, Nicole, Rob, Brian, Emily, Ian, and I. Colton didn't want to sleep here so he left.

"Anything is fine with me." I shrug.

"Dude! What happened to bros before hoes?" Brian says and I glare at him.

"Yeah!" Ian agrees.

Liam throws the remote that is in his hands on Brians's head. "Amelia is not a hoe. She is my potential bae." He smirks.

I'm going to pretend like I didn't hear that.

"You know what? I want to watch Cinderella." I smirk at Brian.

"Yes!" Emily exclaims.

"Okay, let me get some snacks," Liam says and goes to the kitchen.

"So the princess wants to watch Cinderella. How childish?" Brain scoffs and I show him my middle finger.

Liam later comes back with a bowl of popcorn and sits beside me. He wraps his arms around me and I snuggle into him as the movie starts.

Feelings!

"I'm really sorry about today." He whispers in my ear.

"Me too," I whisper back.

"You have no reason to be sorry. I get that you were jealous." He smirks.

"No, I wasn't." I roll my eyes.

"You were, Amelia, and don't worry, I liked you being jealous." He smiles.

"What are you two whispering about?" Brian asks.

We both ignore him and turn to the tv screen.

I reach for the popcorn bowl but Liam pulls away from my hand, holding it with his then starts feeding me his other hand.

Weird but I think I like that.

****

This chapter is longer than the ones that I usually write. So what do you think?

Let me know, please.

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 5.3K 30
Aiden Black doesn't know the meaning of rejection. He doesn't care either; it's never stopped him from getting what he wants. While owning a strip c...
5.8K 347 50
One date. That's what they were told. One date evolves into something. Something neither of them wanted. A grave misunderstanding occurs pushing a ma...
6.6M 237K 61
#3 on Featured list! "I need you to be my wife." he said lifting her chin up, forcing her to look at him. "But, we don't love each other." protes...
3.9K 896 62
AN ORIGINAL TEEN FICTION/ROMANCE/MYSTERY NOVEL. One's dangerous interest in power, status and greed can lead to a set of triplets being forcefully se...