Yuriality

By NotIt22

A couple of months have passed. Danny's finally a senior. He still has memories, but that's all they've been... More

NOTE
NOTE 2
Finally Seniors!
Back To The Apartment
A Date?
I'm Sleepy
The Next Day
The Mall With Yuri
Meet Yuri
Hospital Visit
Play With Me
...
On To Business
...
The Aftermath
Focus On Yuri
Deanna?
Nightly Plans
...
My Own Decision
New Blood
Some Time With Yuri
Another Hospital Visit
Alright Brandon
...
Should I Regret It?
Free Time?
Yuri Vs Deanna
Thank You
It's NOT A Date
Insane Love
Blood Angel Task
...
I Guess We're Waiting
The Park
Wait... Monika?
Goodbye, Monika
...
Hello, Yuri
Odin, What Happened?
Some Time With Maegan
Jared
The "Drug Deal"
...
Complications
Sad Truth
You're Back
The Image
Not Much Of A Surprise
Why Are You Doing This?
Relaxation
Contradicting Myself
What Does It Mean
1
Think About It
Not As Planned
Saturday Night
...
Not Really Sure
Last Day
The End?
I See It Now
Final Decision
Goodbye
...
This Is It
Epilogue (Danny)
Epilogue (Yuri)
The Decision System
Photos and Facts

Bad News

826 29 64
By NotIt22

We soon arrived to Keith's apartment. Yuri followed me inside and into Keith's dads room. She sat on the bed and started reading the book I bought her.

"I hope you like it," I said.

She smiled at me and looked back at her book. I suddenly remembered that I also needed to buy some other things for her.

"Oh wait, Yuri. We still need to buy you some other things. Let's go to the store real quick."

"Oh, okay."

She closed the book and put it on the nightstand. We headed outside to my car and I drove us both to the grocery store. I was sure I'd just go through it the same way I did with Monika.

Just like I suspected, it went almost exactly the same way. Sure some people stared, but most people didn't really care. I bought Yuri the same things I bought Monika, except Yuri chose vanilla scented shampoos rather than the coconut ones that Monika chose. After buying all the stuff, I drove us back to Keith's apartment. By the time we got there, it was already six o'clock.

When we entered the apartment, Yuri went into Keith's dads room while I went upstairs to Keith's room. He was still sleeping, and I also realized something else.

Where was Odin? Did he leave or something? And why was Keith sleeping so late?

I gently shook him. "Keith, it's already six! Wake up."

He started to move a bit. "What?"

"It's six Keith, you gotta wake up."

He stretched. "Oh shit really?" He looked around for his phone a bit and checked it. "Damn, it's late."

"Why are you sleeping so late bud? I mean, I'd understand if you slept a little past twelve, but the suns gonna be going down soon. Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah, I feel fine. I just feel really sleepy."

"Alright well, try to stay awake until the night comes. Maybe you can sleep around nine or ten or something so that you can fix your internal clock."

"My what?"

"Like, your body's schedule for when you feel like sleeping. You need to adjust it by sleeping at the right times. Don't worry though, I need to fix mine also."

"Oh I see. Well I'll try to stay awake for a little while, then."

"Alright cool. I'm gonna be downstairs with Yuri. I'll see you later, bud."

"See ya, Danny."

I headed back downstairs and into the room with Yuri. She was laying her clothes on the bed and looking at them, as well as the clothes she had on.

"Hey Yuri, whatcha doing?"

"I'm just looking at the clothes you bought me. I really appreciate them, but you didn't need to spend so much money on me."

"Aww it's fine Yuri, I really don't mind it. I do a lot of bullshit for a lot of people, and it pays well. Moneys not really an issue. And like, you seemed to really like the clothes. If it'll make you smile, then it's worth it."

She smiled. "Thank you, Danny. Also, I was wondering. How did you know my name? You started calling me Yuri before I even told that was who I am."

"Well I mean, you came out of my best friends computer. How could I not know who you are?"

She giggled. "Oh right. Well, thanks again for the clothes. I really like them."

"Of course, Yuri. I like them too, I really do think they look really good on you."

She blushed. "Thank you."

I helped her put her clothes away. We put them in a bag for now, since I didn't want to accidentally forget them in one Keith's dads drawers. I also took this time to take the box full of Monika's stuff back upstairs.

Keith was finally awake this time. He was using his computer. It seemed like he was looking up some things on Doki Doki Literature Club.

"Hey Keith, what are you up to?"

"I'm just looking some things up on the game. Like secrets and such."

"Oh that's cool."

"Yeah." He turned to me. "Hey Danny, you remember when Monika was here, right?"

"Yes, of course. What about it?"

"Well I was wondering if I could narrate this time."

I laughed. "What? Keith, I'm already eight parts in... and you were asleep for three of them."

He sighed. "Well, I can't argue with that."

"Look bud, later on, I'll let you narrate. But you need to write the story in order to narrate it, okay? I'll help you."

"Okay, thanks buddy."

"Of course."

I left the room and headed back downstairs. I started laughing to myself as I thought about the conversation Keith and I just had. Oddly, I felt like I knew what to say, but I didn't actually know what he meant by narrating.

Ah, it's probably nothing.

I saw Yuri reading her book once again. She didn't look at me as I entered the room. She just focused on her book. I sat next to her and looked at the pages with her. I tried to read them, but it seemed like Yuri read at a very fast pace. I decided to just quit the attempts and allow my thoughts to take over.

After about a minute or so, Yuri moved, causing our shoulders to touch. She lightly gasped and looked at me.

"Danny! When did you get here?"

"Not too long ago. Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you."

"It's alright."

"So uh, how's the book?"

"I haven't read much of it, but I'm sure I'll be able to my opinion on it as I progress through."

"Ah I see. Um, would it be alright if I read with-"

My phone suddenly started to ring.

"Excuse me for a moment."

I looked at the phone and saw that it was my brother calling me. I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Danny, mom's been shot!"

"What?! What happened? Have you called an ambulance?"

"Sarah's calling them."

"Okay, I'll be right there."

I hung up the phone and checked for my keys in my pocket.

I looked at Yuri. "Yuri, I'll be right back. If Keith's asks, I had a family emergency. Please stay here."

Before she could respond, I ran out the door and drove to my house. A horrible sight it was. My mom was on the driveway in a puddle of blood, and my sister was crying while my brother was in shock. I jumped out of the car to check on my siblings.

"Mike, are you guys alright?"

"No! Some guys came shot our mom! How can we be alright?"

"Hold on bro, calm down. Did you see what they look like?"

I had a feeling.

"No, I didn't see them very well."

Ah well, I guess I can't confirm now.

"Shit okay. Don't worry bro, we'll figure this out."

I hugged my sister who was in desperate need of comfort. She tried to speak through her tears, but I couldn't understand her.

An ambulance came a couple of minutes later. He paramedics told me what hospital she was going to, so my siblings and I got into the car and drove there.

The ambulance was already there when we arrived. My siblings and I headed inside and asked the doctors if we could see our mom. She told us that she was being prepped for surgery at the moment and that we'd have to come tomorrow. My sister cried a little more after hearing that, but I helped her calm down on the way to the car.

I took the three of us home. It was a silent car ride, with only the sound of my sisters tears. After we got home, I walked my siblings inside the house. We all sat on the couch and thought about what happened today. When my sister calmed down, she was the first one to speak.

"What are we gonna do," she asked.

I sighed. "I don't know, Sarah. But we'll find out who did it. And we'll bring them to justice."

"What happens if something happens to mom," Mike asked.

"Look, let's try not to think about that right now. I'm gonna call some people and I'm gonna bring someone to the house. I'm sure you guys would like to meet her."

They knew what Doki Doki Literature Club was, so they'd definitely recognize Yuri. Maybe she could help them ease their minds.

"Danny, this ain't the time to be bringing girlfriends over."

"She's not my girlfriend. We're just friends. You guys will love her, I'm sure of it. I'll be right back."

My brother didn't seem to like what I was doing. I just ignored his expression and went back to Keith's apartment. I know Keith's dad was supposed to come home today, so I needed to leave Yuri somewhere else. If my mom was gonna be in the hospital tonight, then Yuri could stay at my house for at least one night.

I soon got to Keith's apartment. I went to Keith's dads room and saw Yuri reading.

"Hey Yuri, we need to go. Keith's dad is coming back, so I think you're gonna stay at my house for the night."

She closed her book, leaving her finger inside to save the page. I saw her do this, so I took a dollar out my wallet and handed it to her.

"Here, you can use this as a bookmark."

She took the dollar and put it in page that she was reading.

"I'll help you with your things, let me just tell Keith that we're leaving real quick."

I headed upstairs and thanked Keith for letting Yuri stay here. I told him how I knew his dad was coming back today, and that I'd figure out a way to keep Yuri at my house. I didn't tell him about what happened with my mom since I didn't want to make anyone else worry. I didn't plan on telling Yuri either, but something told me that would be unavoidable.

I still felt like it had something to do with Kyle's gang.

After letting Keith know that I was leaving, I headed back downstairs and helped Yuri with her clothes and such. We put them in my car and I drove us home.

When I entered my house, I saw my siblings sleeping on the couches. The stress must've gotten to them, causing them to feel tired. Eh, they'd get a chance to meet Yuri tomorrow.

"Are those your siblings?"

"Yeah. You'll get a chance to meet them tomorrow."

I could feel the stress getting to me too. I yawned and headed to the guest room to sleep. I was pretty much the only one who slept there, I should just consider it my room.

I went to MY room to sleep. Yuri followed me into the room and sat next to me as I lied on the bed.

"Danny, are you okay?"

"What? Yeah, of course. I'm just a little tired."

"You're stressing. What's wrong?"

"I'm not stressing. I'm just tired." I turned away from her.

She put her hand on my shoulder. "You can talk to me if something's stressing you out, I'd be happy to listen."

I looked at her and raised my voice. "I'm it stressed, alright? I'm just tired! What don't you understand about that?"

Her smile quickly faded. She looked down and turned away.

"I'm sorry."

By the tone of her voice, I could tell that she felt bad. It hurt me to see her this way, why couldn't I just control myself?

I sat up and hugged her. "I'm sorry, Yuri. You're right, I am stressed. I didn't mean to take the anger out on you."

She hugged me back. "It's okay. I'm sorry for upsetting you."

"You don't upset me, Yuri. You make me happy." I sighed. "I'll tell you what I'm stressing out about."

I told her about what happened earlier today. She seemed shocked by the events and then told me that she understood why I got upset when she asked about it.

"I really didn't feel angry with you. I'm just a little overwhelmed at the moment, you know? I'm gonna try and sleep it off. Tomorrow, I'm gonna try to go see her in the hospital."

She hugged me. "I'll go with you."

"It's fine, you don't have to."

She let go of me and looked at me with her purple eyes. "I'll be there to give you emotional support."

I hugged her again. "Thank you, Yuri."

I lied back down. Yuri lied down with me. I wasn't sure if she was actually tired, but it felt nice to sleep with someone nonetheless. Even through all the stress, I soon drifted off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 294 67
After the loss of his girlfriend Monika, Danny seeks peace and normality in his life. But there's one problem. Danny's attachment for Monika remains...
38.9K 696 60
A book with oneshots and scenarios regarding the characters from Doki Doki Literature Club (shockingly) * * * DDLC belongs to Team Salvato, which yo...
6.6K 118 10
Y/N L/N, 18 years old, was always the lonely type of person. He doesn't have many friends, but his childhood friend, Sayori, decided that today was t...
836 23 12
A DDLC fan story. All Characters depicted are 18 or older. Monika, Sayori, Yuri and Natsuki are all property of Team Salvato I do not own DDLC and I...