Prince of Knights (An Arabic...

By TheQueenofDarkness

Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Historical Fiction. Winner of the 'Readers Choice Award' in Spiritua... More

MUST read if you want to read further :)
Prince of Knights (A Muslim's Love Story)
Prince of Knights Chp1
Prince of Knights Chp2
Prince of Knights Chp4
Prince of Knights Chp5
Here to answer Questions.
Prince of Knights Chp6
Prince of Knights Chp7
Prince of Knights Chp8
20 facts about the Queen.
Prince of Knights Chp9
Prince of Knights Chp10
Prince of Knights Chp11
Prince of Knights Chp12
Prince of Knights Chp13
Prince of Knights Chp14
Prince of Knights Chp15
Prince of Knights Chp16
Prince of Knights Chp17
Prince of Knights Chp18
Prince of Knights Chp19
Prince of Knights Chp20
Prince of Knights Chp21
Prince of Knights Chp22
Prince of Knights Chp23
Prince of Knights Chp24
Prince of Knights Chp25
Prince of Knights Chp26
Prince of Knights Chp27
Final decision
Prince of Kights Chp28
Prince of Knights Chp29
Prince of Knights Chp30
Prince of Knights Chp31
Prince of Knights Chp32
Prince of Knights Chp33
Prince of Knights Chp34
Book Cover!
Prince of Knights Chp35
Prince of Knights Chp36
Prince of Knights Chp37
Prince of Knights Chp38
Prince of Knights Chp39
Prince of Knights Chp40
Prince of Knights Chp41
Prince of Knights Chp42
Eagle of Knights
Prince of Knights Chp43
Prince of Knights Chp44
Prince of Knights Chp45
Prince of Knights Chp46
Nominated for Best Spiritual book
Prince of Knight Chp47
Prince of Knights Chp48
Prince of Knights Chp49
Prince of Knights Chp50
Prince of Knights Chp51
Prince of Knights Chp52
Prince of Knights Chp53
Here to help Muslim Authors
Prince of Knights Chp54
Prince of Knights Chp55
Prince of Knights Chp56
Prince of Knights Chp57
Prince of Knights Chp58

Prince of Knights Chp3

61.3K 3.5K 664
By TheQueenofDarkness

As-salamu alaykum here is another chapter. Insha'Allah you guys will like it. Check the pic on the side >>

________________________________________________________

~*~*Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars~*~* Khalil Gibran

Faris was preoccupied with thoughts while he rode his horse towards their tribe, Al Borkan. He glanced at his father, Sheikh Mubarak, who, he knew was content from the whirl of events. Faris had traveled to that tribe to annihilate but what that old man had suggested, surely changed fates. One thing he could not comprehend was who will be 'her' spouse. Faris turned to look at Nasser, his younger sibling, who appeared physically much older than him, rode on Faris's left, was lost in thoughts as well.  

Faris glanced briefly over his broad shoulder, his tribe followed him. Gratification rushed forth him like a storm within him. Al Borkan, who were well known for their dominance and wealth. They were among the most courageous tribes. Sheikh Mubarak made it his responsibility that children from age five learned the words of Allah and raised their first sword. The Borkan tribe's expertise and preparedness with sword combat were known throughout the Arab world. 

He looked ahead and his thoughts for a mere second lingered on the girl who had darted; to Sheikh Faisal and the notorious knight, Badr. Faris recollected what Badr had called her, Raghad. By Allah, she was beautiful, so beautiful that a man so religious like Faris gazed at her and so beautiful that it tempted him to even think about her. Faris shook his head, hurled a curse at satan and requested forgiveness from Allah. Surely he would slaughter any man who even glimpsed at his precious sisters. He must not think about that woman.  

Their horses rode, rapidly. The hoofs that thudded on the ground resulted; a thundering voice. The ants when caught such a strident terror hid in their holes, even their queen closed her wings and waited patiently for the Borkan's to proceed so her realm would hunt for the insects the Borkan horses butchered. Clever of her! 

Faris muffled his headdress around his neck against the wind that blew around them. His sharp eyes observed the sand dunes as they passed them. Soon their glorious tribe came in view. At once they reduced speed and rode past four tribesmen who stood guard. He smiled at how dissimilar their tribe was from Al Rashideens. His eyes traveled from the Mud houses to more mud houses. 

Houses made of mud were situated everywhere in his tribe. Faris, himself helped stand those mud bricks years ago to construct more secure houses for his tribe. Indeed his tribe treasured their life in tents but being surrounded by clay and sand walls, that were burnt to make them impenetrable, gave a pleasant and genial feeling. The doors his man carved flawlessly, took half-moon to build. Small square holes in the walls were now sealed with wooden windows. A handful of families even desired to have double stories, small mud stairs that also led to the roof. 

When Faris caught sight of such splendid view it caused his chest to bloat with contentment. He sent another prayer to his Lord, his Maker for being so merciful that He granted them with such beauty. Sheikh Mubarak halted his horse a few feet away from his house, the largest one among the others. Faris gripped the reins of his father's horse and led both his and the other horse towards the stable, that was created from dry palm fronds.

"I am certain you did not anticipate that," Nasser vocalized in his deep voice from left, as Faris bound the reins. 

"Yes, I did not, now I want to discover what father is thinking," Faris replied, turned his back on the horse and tramped towards his father's house. The house that had the most rooms and stairs which led to the roof.

"What are you thinking, ya Faris?" Nasser interrogated and strolled beside Faris. He towered over his elder brother by three inches. 

"Why father assented to such a treaty?" Faris replied and disregarded how wind fluttered his white thobe. 

"I thought you were aware of that fact. You always seem to know or have a lot of theories what father will do before anyone can ponder on it. It is as though you can peruse his mind although I am perturbed to learn you did not know." Nasser stated solemnly and rested his left hand on the hilt of his sword that hung around his waist. 

Faris glanced at his brother. "Like you mentioned brother, I do have a fair amount of knowledge as to why he did it. But, I want to know from father himself," Faris declared then rapped his knuckle on the wooden door.

The door opened only to reveal an elderly woman, who resembled Nasser. She was a plump lady with a motherly look in her serene eyes, which shone when they fell upon her sons. "Ya Allah," she gave a joyous, relieved cry and threw her small hands around both of her sons.

Both men bent low as the women-only reached their torsos. Faris brushed his lips on his mother's forehead, bend once again to pass from the small door and sauntered in the house. His eyes fell upon the mattresses that sat on the right of the room; the window that had iron barriers was opened to invite fresh air. He walked further in the house, ceased then opened yet another door to his father's room.

"As-salaam Alaykum," Faris greeted.

Sheikh Mubarak drank water from his silver mug, he gulped the cold liquid looked up at his tall son, gave a curt nod and returned. "Wa Alaikum Assalam wa rahmatu Allah alik ya Faris. Are the horses secured?" Faris nodded and sat on the rug, crossed his feet, placed his sword on his right that was when his brother and mother entered the bright room as well.

"Where are Shouq and the others? I imagined they would scurry up to us when we returned." Nasser queried then leaned back on the wall, his hand on a round floor pillow.

"She escorted her sisters, Batool and Jazee to the creek as for Fahad he is with his cousins," apprised umm Faris and offered Faris a mug that brimmed with water. He at once took it.

"Did I not tell you to not permit her from visiting that creek ya Ummi?" he demanded, voice worried.

Sheikh Mubarak gave a shake of his head then began to recite the Quran under his breath. "Do not fret, your sisters are not deserted. Many other children went along with them and Safiya is with Shouq to look after the others," Umm Faris informed her son. 

Faris exhaled took a gulp then handed the mug to his mother, who passed him a smile and handed the same mug to Nasser. Time sailed by as Sheikh Mubarak revealed the arduous events to his wife. "What is the meaning of this, ya Sheikh?" she demanded outraged.

"This is what is better for people. I have decided which one of my sons will marry Faisal's only daughter, so now I shall assemble the men and inform them." the shrewd Sheikh clarified.

"It is not their daughter, by Allah I cannot judge a Muslim's daughter but this is unacceptable," Umm Faris cried, eyes on her husband.

"I have given my word, woman. I do not have time to make you comprehend. My resolution is firm; it was either a bloodbath or one of your son's marriage to his only daughter." Sheikh Mubarak stated indignantly.

Now Faris apprehended his father's prime intention, his greed behind this action. Mubarak desired to bring Faisal's daughter in his house and dominate Sheikh Faisal. Sagacious, indeed very wise but that does not mean Faris will marry her. "Then you must ask your sons if they want to marry." Umm Faris hissed.

Nasser glanced at his older brother. "When you made your decision, who did you have in mind, father?" Faris inquired as he took off his headdress.

Sheikh Mubarak looked in his son's eyes then sighed. "You, ya Faris. I was well aware Nasser would never accede and I have already taken your uncle's word for his daughter for Nasser." Mubarak disclosed his son, who stared into space lost in thoughts.

Faris thought of Raghad once again, her face blinked in his brain. His father said the only daughter, she must be the one who ran up to Sheikh Faisal. Faris did notice how Badr seized her. Badr would never do that only if she was his only sister. She was indeed Raghad. He could control her, command Sheikh Faisal. Govern the whole tribe. Faris will tyrannize the only woman who dared to glare at him.

No, he cannot bring their daughter into this household. His abhorrence for his enemy has been exceptional ever since he was told about his grandfather. His hate for them developed tenfold every day, the mere thought of her bearing his children clawed at his brain. "No father, tell your men, Faris disagreed to have Faisal's daughter as his bride," he forewarned his father, snatched his sword, rose to his feet and took few steps.

"Faris!" hollered Sheikh Mubarak which halted him. However, he did not rotate to face his father. "I did not provide you a choice it is a command, you will have her as your bride, if not I shall banish you from my wealth and lands," Mubarak snarled in a rough voice. Without another word Faris walked out of the room, incensed, he marched down the narrow hallway that led to his room. He opened the door and stepped in.

He lay back on his cot vexed; and stared at the high ceiling in his room. Aggravation surged through him; he ran his long fingers down his face and exhaled. "What must I do, ya Allah?" he whispered to himself. "If my intentions are evil, show me the right path," he rolled onto his side; exasperation took over him like a hurricane.

After a few traumatic minutes at once, Faris leaped from his cot, rushed out of his room and left his house behind, on his way to locate his friend, and he did in about a minute. Adel sat by a palm tree and sipped on his qahwa. Adel, he was the only man in their tribe who did not feel terror from Faris; that was what caused him to have Adel as a comrade. "As-salaam Alaykum," Adel greeted, his black eyes scrutinized Faris.

Faris shook his hand once he stood up and placed his small mug next to the dallah (pot), "Wa Alaikum Assalam, come, let us have a sword rehearsal," Faris pronounced.

"Let us get going then," Adel beamed but did not question his friend's request and walked side-by-side with Faris. Their sandals crunched pebble rocks, and well-groomed hair that fell on their shoulders swayed with the wind. Adel was indeed very tall but less sturdy than his companion.

Faris felt rapture in his friend's company, for a moment he abandoned the burdens his father piled on his shoulders. "What is the matter ya, Faris? You look rather disturbed." Adel questioned as he pulled out his beautiful sword from its leather sheath and faced Faris.

They were now just a few feet away from the tent where knights sat and observed men train. "By Allah, ya Adel I cannot utter it, but you will know soon," Faris muttered and drew out his awe-inspiring sword and held it in front of him. He did not want to speak of that matter here, with Adel.

"I believe I am aware of the reason behind your despair. I was right behind you, ya Faris. I heard and witnessed everything," Adel enunciated then lunged in the friendly battle, but Faris was alert, he swung the heavy metal as if it were merely a feather and blocked Adel's strikes with a loud cling.

"Then I am certain you know," Faris replied to his friend, pushed his sword to him and Adel staggered. Instantly he composed himself and pounced once again.

"What was your reply to Sheikh Mubarak?" Adel investigated, rested his left hand on his back and fought with his right copying, Faris. The savage knight desired to take his rage out here, in this fight. He feared he might, no he did know if he attempted harder he will injure Adel and by Allah, he will injure him terribly.

Faris ducked at the right moment to dodge the blade that charged like a beast to slay his head. Adel grinned at his friend. "You are well aware of my answer," Faris snarled and then struck over and over again.

Adel huffed, shoved Faris's shoulder with such force it caused the beast of a man to stumble back. Faris then rolled his broad shoulders, rolled his right sleeve, tightened his grip on his sword and leaped. "Then it does convey that you did not agree," Adel expressed.

Although Faris looked at him all the time but this time he stared at Adel with pique in eyes. "How come you know of this?" he demanded.

"You being here, sword fighting while your father is holding an assembly, answers my doubts, ya Faris. And yes, the mighty rage that is oozing from you indicates that my friend," Adel said, proud of himself.

"Indeed I have denied having Sheikh Faisal's daughter as my bride," Faris growled.

Adel's lips twitched in a sheer mocking grin. "It seems like you did but Sheikh informed us something rather different," Adel circled him. Faris already was well aware of what Sheikh Mubarak publicized. " You say the only daughter and by the only daughter, could it be?" he breathed rapidly.

"Cloud what be?" Faris narrowed his enigmatic and perilous eyes at him.

"The girl who darted up to Sheikh Faisal, she is indeed his only daughter," Adel's smile widened.

Faris did not approve of it. He did not want anyone to even think about her, or any woman that would be his bride. Not a man in this damned globe would wish for other men to speak of the woman who the world believed to be his. Fury blazed within him; he clenched his jaw and stuck with force, and caught Adel off guard. Faris hit his sword which fell with a thud on earth, taking sand away with it. Faris looked at Adel and saw a cold line of sweat trickled down his forehead from his friend's rage.

"Do not speak of it. If you discuss that matter with me again, I will kill you," he growled in a low voice which caused Adel's gaze to waver a bit. He wanted to draw a line for Adel and for every man that lived in his tribe. Indeed Faris did not want her, in fact, he despised the woman but he could not dare deny his father's demand.

The men around them did not listen or hear their conversation but the atmosphere now howled for their attention. "I apologize ya Faris, by Allah I did not mean it. Samehny ya Akhee," Adel pleaded as he tried to control his breathing.

Faris sheathed his sword, recited a few of Allah's mighty names, glanced at Adel once again. "Masmoh ya Adel (Forgiven Oh Adel) do not repeat such an act again. I shall not be this forgiving next time," Faris spat sternly with a somber expression.

Adel gave a nod and calmed a little. After a moment Faris vocalized again and endeavored to distract the crowd that feared his brutish temper. "Join us in father's gathering," he did not fancy this thought then again Faris did not have another alternative, indeed he was the prince of this tribe, the elder son of Sheikh Mubarak, yet he could not oppose his father.

Adel smiled. "Very well my brother," 

By dawn, the tribe was well aware of Sheikh Mubarak's decision and tomorrow the elders confirmed to ride back to their enemy's tribe, 'Al Rashideens'. They were to arrange a blessed day for the unpredicted union. When night approached hushed, Faris prayed his salat al-Isha then gave himself away to the dark world of peace. No at all keen for what tomorrow shall bring to his treacherous life. 

__________________________________________

So is Faris the ill-mannered man or the beautiful one?? Don't forget to VOTE and let me know what you think in your COMMENTS also check the video on the side >>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 107 19
~Rabia Shah A ' epitome of beauty ' and a successful business woman , short tempered but strong mind , bold , and from a very rich and respectful fa...
306K 9.6K 42
WARNING: THIS BOOK NEEDS MAJOR EDITING (Book I in broken series) "What are you doing on my bed? Get down right now." He growled. i got startled and...
284K 15.9K 46
Highest rank #38 in spiritual. Completed meet Hatina, a young muslimah who always dreamed of being loved, but anyone she loved never loved her back...
204K 13.2K 44
Abbas Abdul Rabbani, youngest Prince of Balqaas, is the most wanted bachelor in the city. But after an injury alters his appearance for life, no woma...