That Smile (Dave East Fanfict...

By DaveIsFave

Faith and Dave both want a relationship, but aren't eager in taking that step with anyone. Faith feels she is... More

Introduction
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three.
Twenty Four.
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six.
Twenty Seven.
Twenty Eight.
Twenty Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty One.
Thirty Two.
Thirty Three.
Thirty Four.
Thirty Five.
Thirty Six.
Thirty Seven.
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine.
Forty.
Forty One.
Forty Two.
Forty Three.
Forty Four.
Forty Five.
Forty Six.
Forty Seven.
Forty Eight.
That Smile II Is Up!

Five.

40.2K 1.3K 369
By DaveIsFave

Faith's POV

"Wait. You met Dave East? Again?"

"Yes! Nyasia like- I- I really met this man and his daughter. She was so cute." Right now I'm telling Nyasia about my day at work and me seeing Dave again. I still can't believe that I was able to meet him twice. In a row.

"How did the conversation go. Does your hoe phase start here?" She asked with great anticipation.

"No Nyasia it doesn't. I don't understand why you want me to indulge in such acts so much." I said as I got up to head to the kitchen. I am so hungry.

"It's not that I want you to, but I do want you to get out of your shell." She said following me.

Here's the thing with Nyasia. She gets concerned about me. She believes I need to get out more. Talk to more people. Make friends. All of that. Which is cool, but I've never been the type to just make friends quickly. I don't like having just anybody around me.

"I hear you sister. I do, but you know how I get down. Plus I'm fine. I'm cool by myself out here. I'll be back in New York in 3 months. I'm good. Now stop worrying your little mind and tell me what's been going on with you." I smiled. I missed my sis.

"Well I'm doing good sister. Being back in school for this masters while working at the animal clinic is stressful, but this is what I love." She said smiling and hopping on my counter.

"That's good. I'm really proud of you Nyasia. This is what you've been wanting to do for years. You're even doing your acting on the side. I only see good things happening in the future for you. Plus once you open your own animal clinic, my future dogs will get free service." I shrugged and walked to the fridge to take something out to start cooking.

"Ummmm. I don't remember saying that," Nyasia looked at me with a playful questionable look as we laughed. "But thank you Faith. I'm proud of you too sister. I'm glad you're finally doing what you want with the music and with business. I'll be at the VMA's and the Grammy's with you. Can't wait!"

"You know it!" I laughed, "but I don't know. Maybe I want to be in the background. You know, since I have stage fright." I said looking down a little.

Growing up, I've always loved singing. It's my passion. It runs in my family, but I have terrible stage fright. I freeze, my palms get sweaty, and it's just not a good look or time. I don't sing when people ask me to. Not even for my family. I just can't bring myself to do it. I sing all the time by myself. The only time I do sing in front of people is when my class requires us to. Which is quite often......and I'm still nervous. I pray I get better with that. I mean how can I want to be in the business, but can't sing in front of anyone?

"Faith!" Nyasia yelled pulling me out of my thoughts. She looked at me, knowing what I was doing. "You know what, let's go out. Dinner on me. Then we'll hit a club afterwards." She said hopping off of the counter.

"Dinner? Yes. Club? Negative, my melanin goddess." I laughed walking back into the living room.

"Oh you're going. I'm just getting here. Let's go have some fun. We deserve it. Plus weed is legal here. Let's go roll up. Throw some ass and drink. Maybe even find you someone" she said walking towards my bedroom where she'd be staying alongside me.

"There's no point in arguing this is there?"

"Nope! Let's go!" She is too hype.

I groaned and pulled myself off the couch heading to find something to wear. I'd rather binge watch 'The Office', but we can't all get what we want, right? Sense the sarcasm?

"Oh so you wanted to look like me tonight? Ass and titties showing tonight?" Nyasia asked as she came out of my room.

"Ew. That word is so vulgar and you see who sitting on the couch first, right? I got dressed before you honey, so you trying to be like me sweet pea." I fluffed my hair and stood up. "Let's go before I change my mind."

"You can't change your mind. We already went over this," she laughed as we walked out the door. "I'll drive."

"Glad you knew your position. We both know I hate driving." We laughed. It's true. I only do it because I have to. It's boring.
——————
Nyasia and I just arrived at 1 Oak after dinner. Walking into the club, I already want to leave. There's so many people in here!

"Let's go get a drink!" Nyasia yelled over the music playing.

I'm not much of a drinker, but with my nerves getting to me, I needed one. Walking to the bar, I ordered a shot of patron and downed it.

FeFe by 69 and Nicki came on and I did a little head nod. I want to go all out and rap, but I just feel uncomfortable right now.

3 more shots later I'm feeling more relaxed. Then my song came on. Big. Bank.

"Uh ohhh. Back again. Back to back Maybach, stack the M's," I rapped with everything in me. "Tell T.I.P. Rubber bands on my bankrolll! Show my ass like a stank hoe!" I did a little twerk. Confession. I wouldn't do that with a sober mind in front of people. I'll throw it all day by myself though.

"Dave East is in the building!" the DJ shouted through the mic.

I look up and there he was. He looked nice. Really nice.

Dave's POV

"Dave East is in the building!" The DJ said over the speaker as I settled in VIP.

"Yo East. You gotta couple lined up out there," my homie, Jamal, said nodded towards the bitches at the entrance of my section.

"I see em. They bout to make they way over." I said smirking at a thick Latina. She gave me that look and I might just have to grab a room with shorty.

As the night progressed, me and shorty was feeling each other up and I'm ready to head on out so I can handle this.

Me and my peoples head out and while we walking to the door someone else is as well. Faith. She looked amazing. Beautiful.

"Damn. We just keep running into each other, don't we?" I asked as we walked towards each other going in the same direction.

"I guess. Neither one of us is running though." She replied with a smirk and a cute giggle.

"Whatever. Hey. How you doin? I'm Dave" I said to Faith's friend. Not trying to be rude.

"Oh I know who you are. Faith talks-" she started, but was interrupted by Faith.

"Alright well it was nice seeing you again, Mr.East. You all have a blessed night." She said nervously laughing.

I chuckled a little bit, having a good idea of what her friend was going to reveal. "Aight. I'll catch you around Miss...." I said, hinting at trying to get her last name.

"Henderson. Her last name is Henderson." Her friend answered for her.

"Okay that's it for the night. Let's get you home sister. Bye Dave and friends." Faith rushed out of the club embarrassed. I don't know why though.
—————-
Walking into the hotel room I got for the night, I was ready. I began giving her that look until she came with the bullshit.

"So who was that girl at the club?" The Latina asked with her hands on her hips and attitude.

"Huh?" I was genuinely confused. You not my bitch, I just met you, and I'm ready to fuck.

"Who was that fat bitch you were giving all your attention to at the club?" She repeated, but I wasn't too fond of the delivery or the wording.

Before I could say something real disrespectful I got up from my previous sitting position and laughed. "You and me BOTH know that is a lie. Jealousy is an ugly trait. Have a nice night sweetheart. Check out is at 10." With that being said I left out of the room and headed home.

Why didn't I get Faith's number tonight? Instagram. Something. Once I got home, I showered, and laid down in my bed. I went on Instagram and searched for her profile.

Bingo. Finding her page was easy. It's just her name. Being the confident nigga I am, I shot her a quick dm.

I hovered my fingers over the keyboard for five minutes contemplating what to say. Why was I so nervous?

I finally composed a quick message. Then put my phone on charge turning over and going to sleep. Hopefully she'll answer by the time I get up later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 3.7K 26
As the girlfriend of rap icon Daveed Diggs, things aren't exactly easy for you. Keeping up a good image while living your life takes a toll on you, e...
Change of Plans By Elle

General Fiction

47.1K 2.1K 27
Dave is breaking away the chains that have been holding him back and stealing his youth. He is on the path of redemption. He meets people along his j...
196K 5.8K 24
Lani meets Dave East, a guy who changes her whole life and saves her from herself. *Warning: Sexual Content* *Photos included* *Written in first per...
289K 11.8K 20
Zinna never experienced the joy of having a family or even having friends. She traveled around trying to drown out the loneliness she was feeling. Bu...