The Dual Bender

By goldendragon225

Korra x Male Reader. There is a prophecy that came to be whilst the first Avatar, Wan was traveling the globe... More

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Chapter 2: Surprising Hero
Chapter 3: Awake
Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here
Chapter 5: Past
Chapter 6: Breaking Out
Chapter 7: Broken
Chapter 8: Pro Bending Finals
Chapter 9: The Unknown Power
Chapter 10: Phoenix
Chapter 11: The Return
Chapter 12: X-7
Chapter 13: Sky
Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 15: The End Of An Era
Chapter 16: Let Her Live
Chapter 17: Together
Chapter 18: Vacation
Chapter 19: Nightmares
Chapter 20: Captured And Sickness
Chapter 21: Lucifer
Chapter 22: Family?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: A New Technique
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: Control
Chapter 27: Fight For Her
Chapter 28: The Decision
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Aftermath Part 2
Chapter 31: Hell On Earth
Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?
Chapter 33: Rue Krauss
Chapter 34: Zagan's Return
Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge
Chapter 36: Training
Chapter 37: Toph
Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision
Chapter 39: Chelsea
Chapter 40: I Deserve It
Chapter 41: The Progressors
Chapter 42: Assassination In Zaofu
Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender
Chapter 44: Occurrences
Chapter 45: Valek
Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon
Chapter 47: Kuvira's Arrival/The Vision
Chapter 48: Good Luck
Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence
Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability
Chapter 51: The Battle
Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family
Chapter 53: The Awakening
Chapter 54: The Universal Spirits
Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past
Chapter 57: Kronos
Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance
Chapter 59: The Ancient Secret
Chapter 60: The Arrival Of Kronos
Chapter 61:The Arrival Of Hades
Chapter 62: Evening The Odds
Chapter 63: The Killer Of Death
Chapter 64: Apocalypse?
Chapter 65: Poisoned
Chapter 66: Taken
Chapter 67: A... Brother?!
Chapter 68: Victor
Chapter 69: Death

Chapter 56: Training The Instinct

1.6K 25 11
By goldendragon225

Your POV

We return back to the Southern Water Tribe to begin our training with Vivian the next day.

You: "Ok, what are you gonna teach us first? How to control time? How to travel light speed? Oh, what about super strength! I'd love to be able to toss around building!" Korra hits me on the back of the head while Vivian just stands there confused.

Vivian: "Um, no, for all of them."

You: "Awww man." I say as a hang my head. "I really wanted to throw buildings..."

Korra: "Ok then, what are you going to teach us?"

Vivian: "First, before any kind of training. Hit me."

You: "Excuse me?"

Vivian: "Try. To. Hit me."

Korra: "Um, you sure about this." She nods. M/N looks at me and shrugs.

Vivian: "Wait, no avatar state for you Korra. And you." She says pointing at M/N. "No, well, let's just call it Sun Warrior State for now. And no letting Gaea lend you power." He nods, wait, she's forgetting about whatever he did against Valek.

Korra: "What about the thing he did when he fought Valek?" She looks at me confused.

Vivian: "What did he do?"

Korra: "Well, he kind of, I don't know. It was like his Sun Warrior thingy but silver too."

Vivian: "Did he get an insane boost in speed?"

Korra: "Yea, and he was insanely precise too." Her eyes widen and she looks towards M/N, who seems rather confused by all of this.

Vivian: "Oh my... It can't be... A mortal?" M/N looks at me then back to her.

You: "What?"

Vivian: "Do it. Let the power go." He looks towards the ground.

You: "Well, you see, I um, I kind of... Can't. I don't know how to control it very well."

Vivian: "Try." He nods and takes a deep breath. I see his muscles begin to tense up, and his teeth clench, then there's a flash of silvery F/C light. I look back and see M/N standing there, in his normal state.

You: "I told you, I can't do it."

Vivian: "But you can, that was the power. Its name has been lost in time, but it is real... And you have it M/N. I don't know how. But you do. We'll work with that later, for now, just try to hit me." He nods and gets into a stance. Then we attack, going back and forth trying to hit her. We must have gone for almost half an hour straight, neither one of us could hit her, M/N got close a few times, but we never landed a hit.

You: "How... The hell... Are you... So fast?" He says in between gasps for air. "I was going... all out, yet... I still couldn't hit you." She stands there and laughs.

Vivian: "Because, I have the form that both of you can unlock. An instinctive form among the most powerful spirits. It allows your body to sense for you, you move without the need to think first."

Korra: "An instantaneous reaction time..." She looks to me and nods.

Vivian: "Well done Korra. Now, let's begin again, but now, you may use any powers you wish." I feel a wave of heat rush by me and see M/N engulfed in a red flame. I enter the avatar state and get into a stance alongside him, and we begin again. Again, we go for about half an hour before stopping, and again, we couldn't hit her. I feel the temperature drop and see M/N back to normal as I exit the avatar state.

You: "Damnit, we still can't hit you."

Vivian: "Well, if you could unlock that power, you could easily. Even in each of your current states, when Korra enters the avatar state and you the Sun Warrior State, you made me block. I could not dodge all of your attacks, I had to block some. But, I am afraid that if you can't land a hit on me, you will stand no chance against Kronos."

Korra: "So, how do we get faster?"

Vivian: "We need to get each of you to be able to access the form M/N showed against Valek." I see M/N again looking confused.

You: "But, I uh, I don't know how I did it?" She looks over to him and smiles.

Vivian: "Oh, I know you don't. But I do." His eyes light up.

You: "Really?! How did I do it then!?" She raises her hand up towards me.

Vivian: "By endangering the ones you love." Then a flash of white light flys at me.

You: "KORRA!!" I close my eyes and try to brace for it... But it never hits me. When I open my eyes again, I'm sitting on the roof of my house?

Korra: "What the hell?" 'It's ok, I just blasted the snow and flew you up here, I need M/N angry.' I nod, it was how he tapped into it the first time.

Your POV

You: "You! Bastard!... I-I swear!... I-I'll Kill You!!!" I feel it again, it starts in my chest and branches out.

Vivian: "I can't believe it... She wasn't lying... You really can do it..." I turn to her. "Well done M/N, now, try to control it and remember what this feels like." What!?

You: "Are you saying... That you killed her... For Training!!?" I release my claws and fly at her. She dodges it easily. Damn.

Vivian: "Even with that power you are no match for me. Stand down M/N! Control the power and your emotions!" I fly at her again, but this time I flip over her and kick her in the back of the head, or so I thought I did. When I look down a see her arm against the back of my foot. Then she grabs it... Shit. Next thing I know I'm flying into a snow pile. When I get out she's standing above me. "It's over. That's enough M/N." No...

You: "NO! You Killed Her!" I fell something else now, it again branches over me, starting in my chest and growing outward. I look up and see Vivian standing there shocked.

Vivian: "I don't believe it... I can't believe it..."

You: "Believe what? That you're about to die. I say standing back up.

Vivian: "N-not only have you obtained it... You've mastered it... What the hell are you?"

You: "I'm the Wolverine." Then I fly at her, and land a punch straight to her stomach. She goes skidding backwards.

Vivian: "Well, this should be interesting." She gets into a stance I've never seen before. I charge her again, I stop and block her punch, but I'm still sent flying into the air. I feel her fly up towards me and adjust myself to block it, as I block with one hand I send a wave of fire with the other, knocking her back. I send fire from each of my hands to steady myself. Then I look back over towards where she was, only to turn around and barely block another punch from her. "You have surprised me M/N. But I am afraid this stops here. Then she disappears, I snap my arm up, and catch her hand right next to my neck. "What?!" I reach up and grab it with both hands then throw her downwards into the ground. I fly down and land softly next to the hole in the snow. "How...?" I hear come from the hole.

You: "You Killed Her! You Are Not Surviving!"

Vivian: "Look towards her home." What?

You: "I'm not falling for that bullshit! Now come out of there and let's finish this!" She comes flying out from the hole and throws a punch towards me, I tilt my head to the side as it whirs by me, then grab her by the arm.

Vivian: "How!? This is only your second time in it?! You should not have been able to unlock it this quickly!"

You: "I don't care what I have to do... As long as you're dead at the end of it." I tighten my grip on her arm, she tries to pull away as I create a ball of light in the other hand and bring it to her face. "I won't forgive you, so don't ask."

Vivian: "Just look at her house M/N!" I know this fight is over, so I turn back and see...

You: "What the hell is this?! What kind of mind games are you playing!?" There's no way, I saw her get hit.

Vivian: "It's not a trick! I blasted the snow and flew her up there! It was to make you angry and unlock your power!" I drop her arm.

You: "You. You are insane."

Vivian: "Hey, it worked. I don't know how you became that powerful though. I was going over 50 percent." Wait what?

You: "50? As in, you weren't even trying?" She just nods and walks past me towards the house.

Vivian: "Well, I said above 50, maybe around, I don't know, 55-60?" I feel my jaw drop. How strong was she? "Come on, I think we should go get Korra off the roof." I follow, but still feel my mouth agape. How the hell was she so strong?

Korra POV

I airbend myself down from the roof as they walk up. M/N was back to normal now, not like his sparkling silvery F/C from when he was fighting Vivian. Although he seemed, dazed?

Korra: "M/N that was insane!" He seems to snap out of it.

You: "Huh?"

Korra: "I said that was insane! How'd you do that?!" He shrugs.

You: "It doesn't matter." What?

Korra: "What? Of course it matters! You just went toe to toe with Vivian! We couldn't even hit her 20 minutes ago!"

You: "She wasn't even trying..."

Vivian: "True, but Kronos is not as strong as I am. And you, you are by far the strongest mortal I've ever fought. I don't know if you're the strongest ever, but you're definitely up there."

Korra: "Wait? How much were you trying? Like 90 percent, maybe 80?" M/N chuckles and shakes his head.

Vivian: "I'd say about 55 percent." I feel my own jaw drop just like M/N's was. Only 50!? What the hell was she! I couldn't even see them half the time! How could someone be that strong and fast?! "Now, it's time for you to learn how to do that Korra, although, if you progress like a sane and unpsychotic person, with your level of skill... Maybe 173 years."

Korra: "WHAT?! I Don't Have 173 Years! I Have 2!"

Vivian: "Well, then I guess we'll have to train like insane and psychotic people then, won't we?"

You: "Ooooh. You my friend. Are Fucked." Well, he's not wrong. Then I see him grimace.

Korra: "M/N? What's wrong?"

You: "Damn, why does everything feel so tight and sore?"

Vivian: "You put a lot of strain on your body during our fight. Go inside and let one of the healers heal you up. Then come back out and help Korra to reach that level." He groans but walks back inside. "Now." She says turning back to me. "Have you ever tried doubling the avatar states power?" Oh, this could be interesting. Wait until M/N sees this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 1.4K 15
Water and fire are never to mix. The flames would be extinguished, and the water would be boiled. Either way, it is a dangerous affair to attempt to...
1M 29.1K 30
Being alone is bad. Like really bad. Nobody believes in you. Nobody loves you. All you are to her is a servant but to him you are so much more. To hi...
7.7K 181 13
WARNING!: If you have not read the previous 2 books (Love is the air) (May the spirits be in our favour), I highly recommend reading those before rea...
9.3K 330 16
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...