Escape

Por baby_dagger

Louis Tomlinson. He is the typical ideal athlete at his school, Hayfield high school. Everyone thinks they kn... Más

WARNING! PLZ READ
Marcel Styles
It was him
I guess he wasn't bad after all
Wanna skip school?
Ice Cream, Movies, and a Head Injury
Marcel's Baby, Louis' Home Life, and People From The Past
A Fight, A Party, A Prankster and New Friends
Being Late, Burying a Body, a Fake Name, and An Apology
Michael's Gone, Right? Then Who's in Charge Now?
Isn't He's Like 80?
I-I think I Like Him
You Didn't Have To Do All of This To Get Me Against a Wall
One Johnathan is a Nightmare, but Three of Them is Just a Horror Show
It Was The Little Things
Time and Space
Baby's Rules
There's No Way You Can Fit 20 Marshmallows in Your Mouth
The Talk
If You're Wondering How This Is Possible, There's a Simple Answer
Who's Sherlock Holmes?
It Was Self-Defence
Would You Fancy Having Dinner With Me?
Are You Planning on Donating an Organ Sometime Soon?
When I Get This Fucking Bullet Out, I'll Answer Your Qestions
Everybody, get down!
Stay With Me Louis!
Kiss Me
Well Besides Hentai
To New Friends And New Beginnings or Whatever People Say in Clichés
"Hi" And "Oops" Started It All
I Could End This Wretched Nightmare
It's Not Tea With The Queen
You Are Such A Tease
You're The Only One I Can Trust
He's Alive
I Didn't Know If It Was Too Cheesy
Live a Great Life, Harry.
Take A Deep Breath, And Start When You Can
Are You Going To Keep Staring At Me Or Are You Going To Kiss Me?
You're Expecting A Lot Of Fights?
Diseases Love To Linger In Groups
My Hero

Hangovers, Bobby's Diner, and An Unexplainable Change

297 16 19
Por baby_dagger

Louis' POV

First things first 

I'ma say all the words inside my head

I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh

Second thing second

Don't you tell me what you think that I can be

I furrowed my eyebrows as my ringtone blared near me. My eyes snapped open. I brought a hand up to cover my eyes, the light creeping into the room.

What the hell?  

There shouldn't have been any light, that's what I had curtains for. I groaned and searched for my phone. When I found it, I brought it up to see who the bloody hell was calling me at nine in the freaking morning, on a Sunday! I slowly opened my eyes to see Zayn's caller ID. Still being mad at him, I denied the call. I knew they were worried but I was still mad, I'll just call them later. I tossed my phone to the side and looked around.

I knew I wasn't in my room because 1, there was light creeping into the room. My room had curtains so I wouldn't have to wake up to blinding sunlight. And 2, I was comfortably laying down. My bed had clothes, empty pizza boxes, books, and paper plates on it. I usually just shoved all of that to the other side. So, I either redecorated my room or I hooked up with someone. 

I tried sitting up but a heavyweight was keeping me down. I looked down and saw Marcel's sleeping figure laying half on top of me. Memories from last night came flooding back. I didn't redecorate or hook up with someone. I slept over at Marcel's. I was happy that I didn't drink that much. I did not want to deal with a hungover Marcel with a splitting headache. 

I sighed and slipped my arm out from under his arm. I carefully scooched away from him, his upper body, that was laying on top of me, fell to the bed. He groaned in his sleep but didn't wake up. I sat up on the edge of the bed and stretched, my muscles popping into place. I got up and the bed made a loud squeaky sound. I heard more groaning until a groggy voice, muffled by the pillow, said,

"Stop making noise!"

As fate would have it, my ringtone started blaring again. It was probably Zayn or Liam calling.

"Bloody hell! I'm trying to sleep!" Marcel yelled, still muffled by the pillow.

"It's not my fault!" I yelled back.

He groaned and sat up. "Stop yelling. I have a fucking headache and it's so fucking bright." He brought his hands up to cover his eyes. "I blame you. You're the one who fucking took me to the damn party." He said bitterly.

"No one told you to get drunk." I chuckled as he grabbed a pillow and threw it at me.

"Just lay down. I'll go find some aspirins." I said as I gently pushed him back into the bed.

I opened his door and walked to the kitchen. I opened his fridge and took out a water bottle. I started opening and closing a bunch of cabinets until I found the bottle of pills. As I made my way back to his room, I heard multiple retching sounds. I placed the water and pills on his nightstand and went to his bathroom. I fully opened the slightly ajar door and saw him on the floor, his head lazily hanging on the toilet seat.

"Come on, Marce," I mumbled as I helped him up. He leaned his head on my shoulder and let me drag him back to bed. I dropped him on his bed and grabbed the water and took three pills out.

"Marce, Marce," I mumbled, gently shaking his shoulder. He groaned but turned his body so he could face me. He saw the water and the pills then glanced up at me through his eyelashes.

"Thanks." He muttered and took the water and the pills. I nodded and watched as he took the pills.

The light shining from outside was hitting the side of his face so perfectly. Although his eyes were almost closed, I could still see a bit of his emerald green eyes. His green sweater hanging low, showing his two swallow bird tattoos. His chocolate curls swooping down and cascading down his face.

He closed the bottle and placed it back on the nightstand. He plopped back down and sighed.

"I really need curtains." He said, chuckling a bit.

"Yeah, you do," I took a seat in his chair and did a couple of spins before facing him. "So, what do you plan on doing today?"

He turned onto his side. "I don't know, maybe just go eat some breakfast. I am kind of hungry." He said the last bit more to himself than to me. "Do you wanna come? I bet you're hungry, too."

I threw my head back and did some more spins. "Yeah, I could go for a bite."

"Great. Just give me like five minutes." He announced. I chuckled and got up. I snatched my phone from his bed and sat back down on his chair. I turned my phone on and saw that I had nine missed calls from Zayn and thirteen messages from Liam. Some messages from an unsaved number caught my attention, though.

Hey

I haq a nic3e thime wit u

'm Niall bu trhe way6

sxorrrrry 'm dfrunk

I chuckled and saved his number. I had another text, this one from Fizzy.

hey Tommo. hope u didn't get pissed at the party. I'm alright so don't worry

I locked my phone as a smile tugged at my lips. I looked up and found Marcel staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head, curls slightly bouncing. "What were you laughing about?"

I chuckled once again. "Niall drunk texted me last night."

A small smile broke out in his face, a dimple popping out. "I'm glad you two are friends."

"Yeah, me-," I was cut off by my ringtone going off again. I glanced at it and saw it was Zayn again.

Can't he get a hint?!

"You're not gonna get that?" Asked Marcel.

I turned my phone off and shook my head. "No."

Marcel nodded and got up. He stretched his hands, muscles popping into place. He took a whiff of his sweater and made a face.

"I stink of alcohol."

I laughed. "Yeah, I smell like alcohol too and I didn't even drink that much. Guess that's what I get for letting a drunk Marce and a drunk Niall lay on me." I teased.

He blushed and glanced down. "Yeah, sorry about that. You can take a shower in the other bathroom and you can borrow some clothes."

"You don't mind?"

He looked back up and shook his head. "Not at all. Go ahead. I'm going to take that shower now." He walked to his bathroom and pushed the door close, but there was a tiny crack where I could still see him. He sighed and pulled his jumper off. I swallowed my gasp as I saw a big scar that went from his stomach to his hip bone.

I forced myself to look away when he started fumbling with the button of his jeans. I walked over to his closet and looked through all of his clothes. As I pulled out a joy division t-shirt and some sweatpants, I heard the water running.

I walked out and went to search for the other bathroom. I opened a door and saw another bedroom, smaller than Marcel's but still spacious. I closed the door and went to the last door in the hallway. I opened it and sure enough, it was a bathroom. I closed the door and set the clothes on the counter. I stripped down and started the water. I adjusted it before I got in. I relaxed my body as the hot water ran down my body. My mind kept wandering to Marcel's scar, though.

How did he get it?

Who gave it to him?

Are there more?

All these questions were running through my mind but I couldn't get any answers. Not right now, at least.

*

I turned the water off and grabbed the towel, drying myself quickly. I wrapped the towel around my waist. I looked over at the counter and saw a toothbrush with a sticky note stuck to it.

Don't worry. It's a new one

Smiling, I threw the sticky note away and brushed my teeth. After quickly styling my hair to its usual messy fringe, I changed into the clothes. The sweatpants were a little big on me and pooled at my feet. I opened the door and went back to Marcel's room. He was sitting on his bed with his laptop propped on his lap. He looked up and moved his laptop to the side.

"Took you long enough." He teased.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up." I crouched down and grabbed my shoes. I took a seat on his chair and put my shoes on. I looked back up at him. "You ready?"

"Yeah." He muttered and typed something quickly on his laptop before closing it. He got up and went to his closet. I finally noticed what he was wearing. He had a big grey shirt, with the sleeves rolled up a bit, with some black skinny jeans. He came back in wearing white converse and a grey/brown beanie.

"Come on. I'm starving." He announced, bringing me back from my staring trance. "Do you want to go in my car or yours?" He asked, going for his keys.

"Uh, not really sure I want you driving," I said, quickly grabbing his keys. "But I sure as hell know I wanna drive that car."

He chuckled. "You could've just asked, Lou."

I smiled and tilted my head to the side. "Can I drive your car?"

"You already got the keys. But be careful with her." He warned.

I nodded. "Well, then, let's go." I walked out of his room with Marcel behind me.

**

"Okay, I'm in love with this car," I mumbled as I caressed the steering wheel at a red spotlight. There was a slight drizzle but it was still a beautiful day.

"Yeah, I didn't have time to admire her so much when I got it." He chuckled and leaned his elbow on the window.

"Why?"

"I was running for my life." He stated. I let out a small laugh and started driving again. Soon, he joined in the laugh but it was cut short by his phone going off.

"Sorry..." He mumbled as he took his phone out. He looked at it and denied the call. "So, where's this place you're taking me? It feels like we've been driving forever."

"I'm the one driving. I'm taking y-" I was cut off by his phone going off again. "Take it. S'okay."

He sighed but took it. "What?" He asked harshly. I couldn't hear the other person but they were talking for a while before Marcel said anything.

"Fine. I'll be there tomorrow, after school." With that said, he hung up.

"What was that about?" I asked since he looked frustrated.

"Nothing. Just Charlie being annoying as usual." He said, being vague as always. He stuffed his phone in his pocket and returned to his position from before. "What about you? Why are you mad at Zayn and Liam?

I furrowed my eyebrows. "How do you know that?"

"It was pretty obvious. On Friday, you didn't come to school with Zayn and Liam as usual. During gym, you ran laps instead of playing footie with them as usual. At Amar's party, you kept scowling when Amar was talking about them." He paused briefly before continuing. "This morning he was calling you and you didn't answer it. Then, after my shower, he kept calling and I saw that you had many missed calls from him, as well as texts from Liam. So, spill." He stated.

I was in a bit of shock. I didn't know he was so observant. Nonetheless, I told him. "They said that I couldn't make genuine friends and that I should be careful of who I hang out with."

He didn't say anything for a while until he nudged my shoulder when I was at another red light so we didn't swerve. "Well, you got me, Amar, and now Niall to prove them wrong."

I smiled, realizing he was right. "Still not so sure with Niall."

"Oh, stop. Niall's a great friend, and you know it." He said with so much reassurance that I believed him.

And he was right, although I wouldn't admit it.

**

"This is the place?" He asked.

"Yep. Don't let it scare you. The food is amazing." I opened the door to the little diner known as 'Bobby's Diner'. We walked in and took a seat at a booth at the back. Emily came up to our booth and smiled at us.

"Hey, Louis!" She greeted with a big smile.

"Hey Em! This is Marcel, my friend. Marcel, Em. Em, Marcel." I introduced them.

She turned to Marce and smiled sweetly. "Nice to see a new face around here."

Marcel chuckled. "Yeah, nice to see new people."

She giggled quietly while Marcel chuckled slightly. I got a burning tingly feeling at the bottom of my stomach at that. Jealousy? No, no, no. It couldn't be jealousy. I didn't even like him. It's probably my hunger, I haven't eaten yet. Yeah, it was my hunger.

I cleared my throat, getting Emily's attention. She brought her notepad and pen out and smiled brightly. "So, what will you guys want this fine morning?"

Marcel grabbed a menu and started to look through it. I looked up and forced a smile. "The usual Emily. Thanks." I dropped the smile and looked over at Marcel. A real, smile immediately was brought to my face. He looked so adorable. He was chewing on his bottom lip, his tongue darting out to lick his lips every once in a while. His eyes scanned the menu, reading each item of food. He hummed in conclusion and closed the menu, putting it back behind the napkin holder.

"I'll have pancakes, with a side of eggs and sausage. And coffee, black. Thank you" He ordered as Emily quickly wrote it down on her notepad.

She tapped the notepad with her pen then winked at Marce. "Coming right up, sugar." She walked away, swinging her hips.

"Well, if Ms Mickle doesn't work out, you got Emily to fall back on." I teased, but I could hear the jealousy in it. I was hoping he wouldn't pick on it.

He was about to say something but shut his mouth and looked at me, a playful glint in his eyes and a small smirk playing his lips. "You jealous, Lou?"

I scoffed, leaning back in the booth. "What? Pfft, no. All I'm saying is that Emily, here, fancies you."

He scoffed and laughed, the sweet sound filling the almost empty diner. "No, she's just being friendly."

I laughed, shaking my head. "You really are clueless, aren't you?" He gaped trying to look offended but his smile betrayed him.

"I am not clueless, you're just delusional." He stated and shrugged.

"Nah, you are clueless, but it's okay 'cause you're adorableness makes up for it." The words spilt out of my mouth before I could stop myself. Marcel looked down, blushing.

I cleared my throat. "Um, so how do you think you did on the History test?" I asked, changing the subject.

Marcel stayed quiet for a while before he looked up and spoke, "I think I did okay. I'm really good at History."

"Well, whoop-de-doo for you," I said, voice soft but still sassy, "I took your orders and rested instead of studying and I probably failed."

He gave me a small smile. "Don't bring yourself down. I bet you did fine."

I returned the smile. "Thanks, Marce, but if I failed, I'm killing you."

We laughed at that and Emily approached us with a tray in her hand, our food set there. She placed my plate of food and my Yorkshire tea first. She turned to Marcel and set his coffee down in front of him, his food following next. I followed her movements with a glare as she went to pat Marcel's shoulder.

"Call me if you need anything." She spoke and then left, her hand not leaving his shoulder until she was out of reach. I glanced at the floor and controlled my breathing.

I plastered a smirk on my face and looked up at him, his green orbs piercing mine. "Told you she liked you. You better let her know you don't play for her team." I grabbed my fork and knife and started eating my pancakes. He picked his cup up and a piece of paper fell from the bottom of it. He picked it up and sighed. He turned the paper so I could see what was written.

Give me a call ;) 512-468-7685

I rolled my eyes. He put the paper aside and started eating. We ate in comfortable silence after that.

*

"Hey, Emily. Look, I'm sorry but I'm not interested." Marcel said as we got up.

Emily's face fell. "So, you have a girlfriend, huh?"

"Oh, uh, no. I, uh, I'm not into, you know... girls." Marcel stuttered. I was holding my laugh back.

"Oh, oh, oh well keep my number. If you ever need any help, you got a friend." Emily said, blushing from embarrassment.

Marcel smiled, flashing his dimples at her. "Thanks. It was really nice meeting you, though."

She smiled, brushing a strand of hair back. "You too," She turned to me and gave me a quick hug. "It was nice seeing you again Louis."

I hugged her back. "It was nice seeing you, too. I'll come around again soon."

She pulled away and waved goodbye before she went to go get a couple's order.

"Well, that went nicely," I muttered as I opened the door.

He slapped my arm. "I saw you. You were laughing at me."

We climbed in and I started the car. "Can you blame me?"

He put his seatbelt on. "Actually, yes I can." He grabbed the aux cord and connected his phone. UGH! by 1975 started playing.

"1975? Really? You like them?" I asked, surprised he liked them.

"Yeah, you got a problem with that?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No, just didn't pick you for a person that liked them, s'all." His phone went off, signalling he had a text. He turned it on and read the text.

"Finally." He muttered and placed his phone in one of the cup holders. "Hey, is it okay if we make a little stop?"

"Sure. Where to?"

He gave me the directions on where to go. I didn't expect it to be a small pawn shop in the middle of two abandoned buildings.

"I'll only be a minute." He said quickly before getting out of the car. I watched him enter the store and hug some guy then disappear. I leaned my head my head back and closed my eyes. My phone went off again but I ignored it. By the third time, I was getting pretty annoyed.

I gripped my phone and answered the call. "Listen, Malik, I don't care what you have to say. Shove it up your arse."

"Wow, what got you so mad at Zayn?" Lottie asked.

"Oh, sorry sis. It's nothing, don't worry about it. Why are you calling? Are you okay?" I said and turned down the music so I could hear her better.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Did mum call you?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled my phone away to see that I had two missed calls from her. "Uh, yeah. I didn't answer though, thought it was Zayn or Liam."

"Don't wanna know. Mum called me this morning, she sounded sober. She said she wasn't gonna be home when we get there. She said she had a job."

I sat up, confused. "A job? Did she say what job?"

"No. All she said was that she was getting a job and to not wait up for her." She replied. "Not like we ever do." She muttered quietly but I heard her.

I sighed. "Lottie, this is a good thing." I looked up and saw Marcel walking towards the car with an orange envelope in his hand. "Look, I got to go. I'll see you later. You still coming at 6 right?"

"Yep." She answered.

"Alright, bye. Tell the twins hi. I love you." I said as Marcel shut his door.

"Love you too. Bye." She said before hanging up. I put my phone in between my legs and looked over at Marcel. "So, what'd you get?"

"Oh, nothing. Just an important paper I needed." He muttered, placing the envelope in the visor.

"So, what do you wanna do now?" I asked, pulling out of the parking spot.

"Let's go back to mine and watch some films."

I nodded. "Sounds like a plan," I said and drove to his.

**

"Is she stupid?! Why is she going down there?!" Marcel yelled at the TV. I chuckled and grabbed a handful of popcorn from the bowl on Marcel's lap. We decided on watching some scary movies and he kept yelling at the screen.

"Marce, you know she can't hear you," I stated. That annoyed him apparently because he grabbed some popcorn and threw it at my chest.

"Oh, thanks," I said, eating the popcorn off my chest.

"AHHHH!!!!" The girl yelled as the little girl grabbed her legs from under the bed.

"See. If she listened and not went down there, she would be alive." He muttered, grabbing some more popcorn. I rolled my eyes and watched as the couple did more research on the recent murders.

Honestly, why would you research it? You ain't Sherlock.

A text from Lottie brought me back from my thoughts.

Hey, we got here earlier. Do you want me to order pizza or take out?

Definitely pizza. I'll be there in 10.

I press send and pause the movie as the creepy music started up again.

"My sisters are back home early so I'm gonna get going," I said. Marcel moved his legs from my lap, allowing me to stand up.

"I put your clothes in a bag." He said and got up. He disappeared into the kitchen and came back in with my clothes in a plastic bag.

"Thanks. I had a lot of fun today." I said as he handed me the bag.

"Yeah, me too. I'll see you tomorrow." He said and threw me my keys.

I quickly caught them. "Yeah, see you tomorrow. Bye Marce." I opened the door as I put on my shoes.

"Bye Lou." He said before I walked out and shut the door. I walked down to the elevator. I saw the same blond kid, this time he was looking down on his phone instead of snogging some guy.

He bumped into me slightly. "Watch where you're going, idiot!" He said, accent taking me by surprise. He was American.

"Hey, mate, I ain't keeping the doors open forever." Some guy said from the elevator.

"Oh, sorry. Thanks." I muttered as I rushed over. The door slid close and I pressed button one. The guy next to me was on the phone, probably with his boss because he kept saying things about a meeting and some paperwork he had to finish. I'm glad I still have time before I have to work. The doors opened and I rushed out and got in my car. I drove carefully back to mine since it decided to rain hard.

I made it home safely but did get slightly wet. I was fast enough to get over to the door quickly. I inserted the key and opened the door. I was engulfed with the smell of pizza and all I heard was chatter and giggles.

"I'm home!" I yelled and took my shoes off, pushing them to the side.

"Louis!" The twins yelled in unison and rushed towards me. Phoebe hugged me and Daisy jumped into my arms.

I ruffled Phoebe's hair then tickled Daisy. "How are you two? Did you have fun?" Daisy squirmed in my arms signalling she wanted to be put down. I put her down and walked with them to the kitchen.

"It was awesome! Look! We have matching bracelets. Lottie has one too!" Daisy exclaimed excitedly.

I went over and hugged Lottie. "Let me see, Lottie." I grabbed her wrist and saw a bracelet with colourful beads and her name spelt out.

"Fizzy will be back home tomorrow after school." She said as she placed plates in front of the twins. I nodded and went to grab glasses. I grabbed the soda and poured four glasses. Lottie opened up the boxes and gave the twins some slices. I grabbed three slices and wiped my hands then threw away the napkin. I looked down and saw bottles of alcohol thrown away. I recognized them immediately. They're in a cabinet in my mum's room. Some weren't even open yet.

"Hey Louis, mum left this on the counter," Lottie said and gave me a folded piece of paper. I opened it and saw my mum's beautiful handwriting.

Don't worry. I didn't go off to drink. I have a job and I'll be back by morning.

I furrowed my eyebrows and set the note on the counter. I gave Lottie a confusing look but she just shrugged and sat down. I sighed and took a seat in front of the twins. "So, what else did you guys do?"

The twins dove into a long and detailed explanation of what they did but I couldn't pay much attention.

I couldn't wrap my head around the idea of my mum all of the sudden changing; getting a job and throwing away her alcohol.

What happened?

What changed?

A/N:

I'm sorry this is short. Its a filler chapter. Some cute Larry stuff, being together the whole day. But what was in Marcel's envelope? Why did Louis' mum change all of the sudden?

I hope you liked it. And, uh, tell me if you want me to stop putting pictures of the outfits they wear.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

57.2K 1.7K 24
Sometimes our lives change when we least expect them to. We meet our best friends in when we're unprepared to make friends. Our lives change so drast...
24.9K 445 7
I believe in lots of things. I believe in not having...it...til you're married. I don't like cussing. Even though tons of people cuss at me, I change...
252K 9.7K 39
{Completed} Harry Styles is a well known singer in the UK, but he wants to do his A-Level he didn't do the first time. His career started when he was...
459 23 8
It's been years since the five most well known men have been together. Ever since their split, they have been doing their own thing and they have bee...