I don't Mate with Jerks

By KC-Blares

KC Blarez has been harassed, bullied, and picked on for as long as she could remember. When she moves away fo... More

Hunted becomes the Huntress
Chapter 2 ~ Memories Burn
Chapter 3 ~ Wolves Never Forget
Chapter 4 ~ Rumors die, but Haunt for Eternity
Chapter 5 ~ Forgiveness isn't in my Dictionary
Chapter 6 ~ Knock 'em down like Dominoes
Chapter 7 ~ The Devil and his Hell Hounds
Chapter 8 ~ Surviving Friends, Enemies, and Crushes
Chapter 9 ~ Off the Line
Chapter 10 ~ How very Housewarming...
Chapter 11 ~ Unknown Species
Chapter 12 ~ My Oh My
Chapter 13 ~ Big Bad Alpha
Chapter 14 ~ The big 1-8. Wassup Alpha Mate?
Chapter 15 ~ Sugar, Spice, a whole lot of Spite
Chapter 16 ~ No, I'm not Famous
Chapter 17 ~ Furry Love, Smooth Hate
Chapter 18 ~ Forcefully Caged
Chapter 19 ~ Toys and Games
Chapter 20 ~ Kick butt Talent
Chapter 21 ~ Claws and Dresses
Chapter 22 ~ Swiping the Cards
Chapter 23 ~ Seductresses
Chapter 24 ~ Some Hearts still Beat
Chapter 25 ~ Part of Me
Chapter 26 ~ Girls' Night
Chapter 27 ~ Just another Global Crisis
Chapter 28 ~ Intense Attraction
Chapter 29 ~ Time isn't God
Chapter 30 ~ Hour Glass
Chapter 31 ~ Mist in the Dark
Chapter 32 ~ The Cards are Scattered
Chapter 33 ~ Stolen from the Night
Chapter 34 ~ Territory is Land and Wolf
Chapter 35 ~ Tame the Bloody Flame
Chapter 36 ~ Rest in Shackles
Chapter 37 ~ Six feet of Hell
Chapter 38 ~ The Red Ace
Chapter 39 ~ Bloody Dice
Chapter 40 ~ Crimson Poker Table
Chapter 42 ~ Black Queen
Chapter 43 ~ Impossibly Possible
Chapter 44 ~ Stitch my Heart
Epilogue

Chapter 41 ~ Wide Awake

282K 7.6K 363
By KC-Blares

PLEASE

COMMENT

AND

VOTE!

~KC Blares

 *****************************************************************************************************

 Chapter 41 ~ Wide Awake

Damon’s P.O.V.

            I was woken early in the morning by a horrendous scream, ringing my ears. KC was awake again, shaking with fright and howling in pain. Her eyes were wide open, her irises flickering again like they had the day before.

            “KC,” I said as calmly as any guy could when he is woken up at four in the morning from screaming right in his ear. I gripped her forearms reassuringly, straddling her so that I could look her in the eyes, get her to see me.

            “Get away,” she seethed through clenched teeth, her eyes burning red and her arms trying to break away from both the restraints and my grip. She arched her back and furiously bit back a scream, her hands balling up into fists.

            “KC, look at me,” I gently grabbed her chin and tilted her head so that she looked at me, her muscles tensing at my touch. Her eyes flickered again, this time pausing on black, her lips curling into a sly smile.

            “Well ain’t this cozy?” she snickered, looking me up and down. She was dripping with the scent of spice and I found myself once again fighting my instincts, knowing it was the poison that was making her act like this and not her own free will.

            “Come on, sweetheart, snap out of it,” I begged, searching her eyes for some sign of the KC I had come to love. However, they suddenly darkened and red flashed by quickly before they stopped at grey.

            “What did you just call me?” she snarled, her body stilled and I knew instantly I had said something I shouldn’t have. A low, warning growl echoed from her chest as her breathing slowed.

            “Nothing,” I blurted, my voice coming out as quiet as a whisper. KC’s eyes narrowed as they bore into mine, her lips pressed together to form a straight line.

            “Don’t you ever call me sweetheart,” she warned before she winced, a groan trying to force itself through her sealed lips. “Or I swear I will gut you like a deer,” her eyes flashed again, but it appeared that KC was trying to grip her real self, grey pulsing around her pupils while her irises flickered.

            “I’m sorry, Katie,” I murmured, realizing a moment later what I had called her. She stared up at me with widened eyes, her mouth slightly gaping.

            “What?” she asked more confused than angry. Her voice had dropped to a whisper as well, her irises more grey now than before. I couldn’t form any words as she stared up at me, unable to think of an excuse for the slip up. But then my mind went blank when her lips were pressed to mine, setting off fireworks in every place imaginable. I leaned in, following the motion of her lips before she pulled away, a shimmer in her pupils.

            “I-,” she started before she was cut off by another scream, her body trying to lurch forward, but was pulled back by the restraints. She convulsed and I was suddenly covered in blood, a steady stream flowing down KC’s chin.

            “Janna!” I yelled before my mind could catch up, watching KC’s eyes roll back into her head, more blood spilling out of her mouth in a gushing stream. I jumped back off her as the healer ran in, her hair all over the place and her robe tightly tied around her.

            “What? Did she flat line?” Janna asked tiredly, looking up at me and not down at KC.

            “Can you not see she’s puking up her own blood?” I growled, ushering down at the blood that had formed around KC’s head and chest. Janna sighed, furiously rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

            “I didn’t expect it this soon, but at least we know that KC’s wolf knows what’s in her system,” Janna said, taking a rag and beginning to gently mop up the blood on the cot. I huffed out a frustrated sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose.

            “What the hell are you talking about?” I glared at her as she carefully dabbed the blood on KC’s neck, my mate still convulsing.

            “I would have thought your parents had taught it to you,” she said, forcing my fists to tighten. “When any species of canine, including werewolves, ingest or take in something that doesn’t agree with their body such as poisons they regurgitate it. KC’s wolf is saving her life. This is the infected blood she’s coughing up.” Janna ranted, though the scene in front of me did not become any less worrisome.

            “Then this is good?”

            “Well, it’s about as pleasant to her as it is to us, but yeah, it’s a good sign.” Janna mumbled, ignoring the blood that was splattered against her white robe.

            “Leave me alone!” KC whimpered thrashing her head to the side, her eyes still shut tight. She fought against the restraints as she spat more blood against Janna’s robe, the healer choosing to ignore it with a groan. “Why won’t you leave me alone?”

            “God knows what the poor girl is seeing,” Janna blew, cleaning up the last of the blood that coated her face and chest. “Let’s move her to the other cot. No way this blood is coming out any time soon.” Hesitantly, Janna unclasped the restraints and looked at me for help. Carefully I scooped her up and followed Janna to the second cot, wincing as her claws dug into my shoulder and chest before I laid her on the mattress and regrettably restrained her once again.

            “Will she forget it all when she’s better?” I kept my eyes on KC as I spoke.

            “The after effects can work either way. She may forget everything since the incident or she’ll remember it as though it kept replaying itself in her head.”

            “So she may forget everything that’s happened during this time?”

            “Are you usually this slow or is it just the fact that it’s about four-forty on a Saturday morning?” she questioned with a hint of frustration.

            “Remind me to never get you up before eight o’clock ever again.” I said, returning the tired and bleak look she was giving me.

            “Smart idea,” she returned as she turned and walked out. “She should be fine for the rest of the morning. If not… find Ben or someone.” she called back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64 10 17
This is not your typical enemies to lovers story. It has some twists and turns and I'm excited to share it with you all. Kylie Kingsley: An eighteen...
88.1K 2K 12
"You can't be my mate! you're a nerd and poor! I can't have you as my Luna!" alpha Forrest King yells at me. before he can say anything further I run...
580K 19.4K 51
THEY Know I'm Special YET They Don't Know The Full Extent Of It THEY Think I'm A Weakling YET I'm More Prepared Then They Imagined THEY Hope To Destr...
324 9 29
"Well, if you're bad and I'm bad, let's be bad together." "Why the hell not." ✴ (line1)That was KC. KC is not your average girl, apart from being a w...