Agent Liberty (Captain Americ...

By HDeane98

Emily Barnes is Bucky Barnes twin sister and is also best friends with Steve Rogers. She has loved Steve ever... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 4

4.9K 133 11
By HDeane98

It's been two days since Steve jumped from the plane, and during those two days, I've been worried sick. No surprise, Colonel Phillips was furious when Howard, Peggy and I made it back to camp. There was much yelling on how if the 'Star-spangled man with a plan' doesn't make it then it might cost him his job and mine.

I walk into a tent to find Colonel Phillips with a soldier next to him tying up a letter. "As a result, I must declare Captain Rogers killed in action. Period."

I felt all the color in my face drain. "Sir...?" I utter in disbelief. I cough quickly in an attempt to gain my composure even though hearing those words is killing me inside, "The last surveillance flight came back."

Colonel Phillips turns looking at me as I place the photos onto the table. "No sign of activity," I mutter as I look at the photos from Schmidt's compound.

"Go get a cup of coffee corporal." Philips orders without looking up from the surveillance photos.

Peggy suddenly walks into the tent as well, "Good the two of you are here." Phillips mutters as he takes a few steps away from us and turns his back to us. "Can't touch Stark. He's rich and he's the army's number one weapons contractor. The two of you are neither one."

I feel a fire light up under me, "With respect sir. I don't regret my actions."

Peggy steps up, "Me either sir. And the both of us can agree that Captian Rogers didn't either."

I nod in agreement with Peggy but all that does is anger Phillips more as he turns and glares at us. "What makes you thing I give a damn about your opinions? I took a chance on both of you. And now America's Golden boy and a lot of good men are dead. Cause you had a crush." He looks at me as he finishes his statement.

I scoff, "It wasn't that. We had faith." Looking over at Peggy I find her in agreement.

"Well I hope that's a big comfort to you when they shut this division down."

Fully knowing I could possibly be kicked out for talking out of turn I speak up again, "It will be sir. Because I will know I did everything I could to get my family back." Just as I beginning to feel my sudden burst of courage falter the the sound of some sort of commotion comes from outside the tent. Looking towards the sound I see soldiers running towards the entrance of the camp.

"What the hell is going on out there?" Phillips questions. We walk outside and follow the soldiers. I end up getting pushed back as many solders make their way towards the entrance. Once I got closer I see... Steve? He salutes Colonel Phillips, "Some of these men need medical attention. I'd like to surrender myself for disciplinary action."

"That won't be necessary," Phillips concludes with a sigh.

"Yes sir." Steve nods respectfully and Colonel Phillips steps away.

Once he is away from the group I notice someone I feared I wasn't going to see again. "Bucky!" I shout in excitement not caring what the soldiers around me thought of me in the moment. I run up to him and wrap my arms around him, catching him by surprise. "I've missed you." The warmth of his familiar embrace causes tears to leave my eyes, "I am so glad you are okay."

"I've missed you too, little sister." He said ruffling up my hair with a smile. "Hey! I'm only five minutes younger!" I smack his hand away and try to pull off a glare but it turns into a smile. "I love you Bucky. I thought I lost you. Please don't do ever that to me again." More tears begin to fall down my face. He pulls me back into a hug, "I love you too Em. I'm sorry. I can't even imagine how you felt. I promise to do my best to not let you feel that pain ever again."

I looked over Bucky's shoulder to see Steve watching us. Pulling out of Bucky's hug I move over to Steve. "You're late," I state matter-a-factly.

He pulls out the transponder that has a bullet hole through it, "I couldn't call my ride."

I smile at him and pull him in for a hug. "Thank you for bringing Bucky and yourself back safely."

He smiles and looks at me with so much emotion in his eyes and I can feel that I am looking at him the same way.

"Hey! Let's hear it for Captain America!" Bucky shouts from behind us. Interrupting me and Steve's little moment I step back as all the soldiers clap and cheer for him. I stand there looking at him with a smile on my face. I am so proud of him. I get taken by surprise when Bucky pulls us in for a group hug. I was stuck between Bucky's and Steve's massive bodies. I look up and see them smiling at each other and then looking down at me. And at this moment, I am genuinely happy for the first time in months. I'm finally home. For me home wasn't ever a place but with my two boys. My best friend and my brother. And being here with both I feel complete happiness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been about a week since Steve came back with Bucky and the rest of the soldiers, during that time Steve got awarded the Medal of Valour. Not that he was even there to get it as he ditched it to be in London with the rest of us and the 107th.

Peggy, Steve, and I are currently in an underground bunker standing next to a large map. Steve is marking out the locations of Schmidt's bases, which he managed to see on a map when saving Bucky at the factory. "The fifth one is here in Poland, right near the Baltic." Steve points out marking an X on the map. "And the sixth one was about here, 30, 40 miles west of the Maginot Line." He finishes. A man then takes the map and goes to take it to Colonel Phillips.

"I just got a quick look." Steve comments sounding guilty.

"Nobody's perfect," I tell him, then I walk over to a larger map with small factories with Hydra flags on them.

"These are the weapon factories we know about," Steve explains coming up behind me with Peggy and Colonel Phillips. "Sergeant Barnes said that Hydra shipped all the parts to another facility that isn't on this map."

"Agent Carter, coordinate with the MI6. I want every Allied eyeball looking for that main base." Phillips orders Peggy and she walks off.

"What about us?" I ask him.

"We are going to set a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass," Phillips says and a blonde came up and gave him papers. "What do you say, Rogers? It's your map. You think you can wipe Hydra off it?"

"Yes sir. I'll need a team." Steve confirms.

"We're already putting together the best men."

"With all due respect sir, so am I." Steve points out. I look at him knowing exactly who he was talking about.

"Who would that be?"

"The 107th sir."

I give a small smile knowing I was right.

Phillips looks at him and nods, then walks away. The blonde woman that is here sends daggers with her eyes my direction before storming off.

"Em? Want to go to the Stork club with me tonight? Bucky and some of the 107th guys will be there." Steve asks with a nervous smile.

"Sure. It's a date. I'll see you there." I wink flirtatiously, then walk off to finish some work and to find Peggy. Leaving Steve absolutely speechless. 

As soon I as find her I tell her about tonight. She smiles excitedly and runs to find me a dress. I invite her to come with since the other men from the 107th will be there. She happily accepts. She and I get ready together, she does my hair by putting some waves in it. I put on a red knee-length dress that fits me perfectly and hugs me in all the right places.

After we get ready we head down the street to the Stork Club. We look at each other with confident smirks and walk-in. All the noise that was once filling the room silences. As the men gawk at us as we walk in. "Why are they staring?" I ask Peggy with a knowing smirk.

"Because we look amazing."

I smile and continue walking until I find Steve.

"Captain." I act formally with a smirk.

"Agent Barnes." He addresses back.

"Em." I hear Bucky say mockingly with a teasing smile.

"Hey, Buck." I smile back at him.

I turn back to Steve, "You dress up nicely." I inform him, placing a hand on his uniformed arm.

He takes my hand in his and holds it up slightly to take a look at me, "So do you, you look... Wow." I blushed as he marvels at me.

"Would you care to dance?" He inquires nervously.

"I would love to."

He takes my hand and heads to the dancing floor. There was a slow song playing so he takes my hand into his and places my other in his shoulder before moving his to my waist. As we gently sway to the soft music, I look up into his beautiful blue eyes and at that moment I realize I'm absolutely in love with the man that stands before me.

"You look stunning, Em."

"Thank you," I reply knowing my face is changing to a deeper shade of red. He smiles and moves a stray piece of hair out of my face, "You know all my life I have been trying to find the perfect dance partner."

I look up at him throw my eyelashes, "Do you think you will ever find one?"

"I think I already have." He admits with a soft blush growing on his cheeks as his eyes find mine. I feel my heart quicken and butterflies in my stomach at his words.

We continue to sway in each other's arms for the duration of the song. Both of us comfortable in each other's arms. Eventually in order to cut more space between us I pull us closer together, laying my head in his shoulder. He leans his closer to mine as we just sway to the beat.

"Hey, do you mind if I steal my sister away for a moment." Bucky comes up holding out his hand for me to take.

I look up to Steve as a silent question of if he is okay with it.

Steve gives a small smile and nods and lets me go walking off toward the rest of the guys.

"Emily, may I have this dance?" Bucky asks with a bow.

I laugh, "Yes you may."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 245 35
Victoria Rogers is the younger sister to Steve Rogers and a childhood friend to Bucky Barnes. When she ends up losing the two most important men in h...
135 1 6
In the heart of 1940s Brooklyn, amidst the turmoil of World War II, Elizabeth Rogers navigates life as the spirited younger sister of Steve Rogers, k...
1K 32 12
(y/n) is an Avenger and is close friends with Steve Rogers, so when Steve's long lost friend Bucky Barnes appears (y/n) helps Steve to keep Bucky saf...
43.9K 1.3K 27
π‹π”π‚π˜ Barnes is a ghost to the new age. After losing her in the year 1950, Bucky Barnes lost himself. He was forced into a life of killing and tor...