The Naive Princess

By Abha3006

''People say you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Truth is, you knew what you had, you just never... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter -18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Epilogue

Chapter 11

9.3K 666 22
By Abha3006

Raksha,

''He is making a fool out of you, and you are falling for all his lies.'' Jordan blabbered as I went about the shelves in the library searching a required book. Jordan seriously has some issue with Adi, he had been continuously trying to fill my ears against him. Little did he know that I know Adi the way no one can. ''You are just overreacting , its nothing like that. He never lies.'' having said that, I picked the book up moving to the librarian to get it issued.  We walked out and he started again, ''Fine, agreed he never lies but those two are staying under one roof. Raksha, be logical. They are young, have known each other for years.He offered her his shoulders when her marriage collapsed. Its him who held her hand when that kid was born. The kid grew up around him, it takes a moment to fall. When moment of choice will arrive, he will chose her.''

I won't deny that his words did affect me deeply,but I masked it. ''Just calm down, I have known Adi forever. You don't know him I do, if he says no , it means no.'' Jordan just shook his head in desperation. He stepped closer , brushed his knuckles on my cheeks, he whispered locking his eyes with mine ''You are special, and you deserve the best.'' 

I stood frozen, trying to understand his emotions. Breaking the moment I stepped back, ''I should get going. We have a presentation tomorrow and I need to prepare for that.'' He kept staring down at my face with smile. I returned it with mine walking off quickly. 

''Take me to Aditya's place.'' I instructed my chauffeur. He glanced sideways it me before taking the turn towards Shiv's house. My heart started accelerating as my car approached his mansion. The security let us in after seeing my face. As I drove through the the drive way, my lips automatically got stretched into a smile. Hopping off , I ran up the stairs to the front porch , moving into the main hall. I have been here before but this the first time , I drank the beauty of this castle. Round staircase run up from the left of the hall, leading to a enormous lobby that's dawned with beautiful collection of paintings.  I twirled around happily, I always felt home after stepping in this house. I should have taken the offer of staying with him, damn my ego.

''Welcome your highness, what can I get for you?'' The butler broke my beautiful bubble an I went back being a taut Princes. ''I would like a cup of tea and could you please let Adi know I am here.''

''I fear, I can't do that. He is out on an official trip. There is no one home.'' The butler replied wearing the same blank expression. 

''Is Anika or Anjali around.'' I asked expecting him to say yes.

''They have accompanied master on the trip, they will be back by the weekend.'' I just nodded. He served me tea and I had it with great difficulty. I felt betrayed , broken and suddenly sad. I literally ran out of the mansion, driving off to mine. I dashed into my house, running straight to my room. Locking my room , I threw my body on the bed , burying my face in the pillow I sobbed. I don't why , but it felt as if someone slashed my heart into two. He didn't tell me he was going out of station, he should have told me once. Am I nothing to him, and then I sobbed again. I could hear my phone ringing in some corner, I decided to ignore as right now I felt my heart heavy with pain. Picking the intercom, I ordered the chef to get me a bucket of ice cream, I felt depressed and needed something to feel better about myself. Getting up , I quickly changed into comfortable night dress and got into my  bed with my bucket of ice cream, digging it with the spoon , and each time I swallowed it. My phone rang again and this time I decided to check, it was Ananya. Wiping my tears I answered the call. Her voice came chirpy as ever, ''Hi Raksha, what's up? how is London treating you and how is Adi''

''Don't know and how will I know about him'' I snapped

''Oh! looks like he riled you up. Can you please elaborate.'' She chimed like bells

I briefed her about all, my wild party, our kiss,  my stay at his place. Bike ride, and all I did and then I sobbed narrating how heart broken I felt about he not informing me out going for a week. Ananya heard all patiently and then after a minute of silence she broke into laughter. Pregnancy hormones does make one lose their senses, hence proved.  I waited for her to calm down, she took a deep breath and said, ''You are the dumbest of all Raksha''

''Why do you say that.?''

''Girl, you had 3 nights with a hot man under his roof and all you do is go on a bike ride. Shame on you! Raksha, when will you learn to take the advantage of the situation, tow Royal making out won't make things un-royal honey.  Had this been same situation with me and Ranvijay, I swear all would have heard him screaming. ''

I made a face, ''Jeez, you are talking about  my brother. I don't have any interest in your and his romantic life. Spare me.'' She laughed at my words.

''Do you love Adi?'' came a straight question from her, and I felt myself being lost again. Do I? No, its juts very good friendship. There is no one whom I know as well as Adi or can depend on. May be this what makes me want his company all the way more. ''Are you there or again lost in Adi.''

I shuttered, ''I ..am..no he is just a very good friend. When are you due.'' I asked changing the topic, or she will go on grilling me till entity. We chatted for some more time before disconnecting. My mood suddenly got better, recalling her words about making the best od the situation made me laugh. I scrunched my nose looking down at the ice cream bucket, now I will have to double my work out. Keeping it aside I decided to wok on my project, with mind made up to reprimand Adi.

***

''How can you just take off without letting me know.'' I screamed on Adi. He had come to my house to pick me up for the weekend. I kept screaming on him as I packed my stuff.

''That's enough for 2 days.'' He intercepted

''You don't want me staying more than 2 days, do you.'' I asked folding my arms to chest. He smiled stepped forward pulling me into a bear hug. My eyes drooped shutting all around me, to take in the feel of his around me. Pressing my cheek on his shoulder I leaned on to him further.

''You are a baby Raksha. A baby who needs constant pampering to feel better.'' He said caressing my head from back. He took a deep breath burying his head in my hair. ''What makes you this angry?'' He asked pulling me softly towards him.

''You didn't tell me you are going out of station. I felt like fool visiting your mansion  in your absence.'' I whined like a child. He chuckled against my head and it vibrated through my nerves.  I pushed myself further into him , ''It was a business tour, James being my security had to join me and Anjali being the project head had to go too. And since it was Anika's birthday, we decided to celebrate that too.''

My smiled vanished, was Jordan right about him and Anjali. After all they celebrated Anika's birthday as a family. He could have invited me too, but he didn't. Why should he? My mood was sour. I stepped back, ''I should pack, you were right. I should put some clothes back.'' He halted my steps holding my hand, ''I am sorry, next time I won't leave without you.''

I smiled and went back to my packing, he took the couch with eyes on me. I felt uncomfortable yet beautiful, wanted and desired. Once done, he held my bag in one hand and grabbed mine with other. ''Let's go.''

''Friend!!'' I got a warm hug from Anika as she ran towards me with open arms. Squatting down I gathered her in my embrace. 

''How are you Anika.''

''Angry, you didn't come for my birthday'' She pouted I pecked her cheek, ''I am sorry, I bought you a present. '' She squealed when I gifted a new foot ball. She ran off to show it to James and her mother. ''Anika looks happy.'' Adi said

''I am angry, you could have at least told be about her birthday .'' I complained. He held his ears cutely apologising for his mistake. Smiling I pulled his hands down. He interlaced his fingers with mine, pulling me towards him. We stood with our gazes locked, forgetting the world around us. His eyes dropped to my lips and then moved back to my eyes asking for permission, I parted my lips giving him the open invitation. Silence seemed stronger than words between us, blood in my veins seemed to be heated enough to be evaporated. My heart drummed like mad in expectation. His palm cupped my cheek, I closed my eyes waiting for the kiss and ..

''Adi, there is a call....'' Anjali's voice separated us abruptly, embarrassed I looked everywhere but Adi. ''I am sorry.'' Anjali whispered

''Its fine, your were saying something.'' Adi asked.

''Your mom has called five times since morning, she was furious that you didn't answer your cell phone.'' Adi took a frustrated grunt. 

''I will take care of that. Please make Princess Raksha comfortable.'' With that he walked off and for the first time I felt irritated with Anjali, if she knew it was wrong time, she should have just left.  ''Princess '' She called and I followed with a nod. She walked me till my room and left greeting me with a smile. I took a deep breath, I will make sure Adi spends all his time with me this weekend.

The dinner for calm and fun filled and Anika kept us entertained with some true and some of her imagination. ''Can I please watch television some more time.'' Anika battered her lids cutely at Anjali.

''No, you had lot of fun over the trip . No go to bed or you won't be allowed any games for rest of the week. '' Anjali admonished Anika and the girl left wearing a dramatic expression on her face.

I was about to ask Adi for walk when his phone buzzed. He left the table walking out. I decided to change and then join him . By then he will be over with the call too. I had bought a baby pink night gown, the colour blooms on my skin. I brushed my hair making them fall over my shoulder and quickly rubbed some perfume on my neck and wrists. Moving to the balcony I looked over the lawn, Adi strolled graciously dressed in tracks and t-shirt. I smiled, wetting my lips with my tongue I took a deep breath deciding to join him. I turned to leave and the halted moving my eyes to the lawn again. Anjali had joined Adi and they stood laughing about something. They seemed enjoying each others company. My fingers curled, why is she always around him. Friendship too comes with dos and don'ts. It was enough for me. I left my room in haste and ran down the stairs with a rage filled heart. 

My legs prowled and my eyes glare their laughing form. ''Mind if I join'' I interrupted. 

''Not at all, you will enjoy. We daily go for a walk after dinner.'' Anjali said with a smile

''Wow, I hope I am not spoiling the moment ,Adi do you mind a new companion tonight and I guess Anjali should get an off for a night to be with Anika.'' I knew I was harsh. But I wanted her to know that I wanted Adi alone with me.  Anjali smiled and left after wishing us.

''What was that?'' Adi asked as soon as Anjali left. I just shrugged my shoulders pretending ignorant. He just shook his head, I hooped closer. ''You didn't bring me here to give me a behavioural tutorial.''

he smiled and walked ahead, gesturing me join. With a smile I ran to be on his side . We walked around on the lush lawn, under the sliver moonlight talking about random things. My eyes never left a chance to drink his perfect masculine form. Secretly I wished he completes what he left undone earlier in the day. I wished he could read my thoughts. I asked him something about my course and he started explaining me in detail, my eyes took in as much as I can. His tall form, his broad shoulders and chest that narrows down into his lean perfect V shape waist. I swallowed to conquer the dryness of my throat. He is epitome of masculinity . He kept talking with his back to me. As if conquered by a spell, I stepped forward with a desire to touch him. The moment my hand to touch he turned around and I pulled my hand abruptly. ''I hope its clear.'' he asked and all I could do is  shake my head. God I am pathetic. He escorted me to the room, I wished he stayed for some time but he left leaving a peck on my forehead, I threw my body on the bed with a sigh. I know, this is going to be a sleepless night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Done, Do drop in your views and comments guys. happy Sunday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388 20 20
"Yes, we broke up, but that doesn't mean you will forget who I am to you!" "I remember my love, I remember that you are mine and only mine." ❤ "You s...
1.9K 171 30
Whoever first thought of the phrase. "Expect the unexpected" must have been a genius..of all the things I'd thought of,planned and expected in my li...
13.4K 266 52
Love...... The word tasted weird on my tongue Love makes a person stupid. Believe me when I say Love is blind, because I've been there before ***** "...
3.8K 83 24
Forever. Is that even possible? "I will wait for you even if it takes forever." Says him. She trusted him but she made a mistake; she believed...