It Started With A Prank War {...

By iwlupin

"You sure you're up for it Fall? You're new here, you don't know what you're up against." He said, his voice... More

Chapter 1 - Don't Get Me Started
Chapter 2 - The Marauders' Spot
Chapter 3 - I Challenge You
Chapter 4 - A Feminine Scream
Chapter 5 - What the bloody hell...
Chapter 6 - First Marauder Rule
Chapter 7 - You Weirdos
Chapter 8 - Of Course I'm Serious
Chapter 9 - The Mysterious, Black Stray
Chapter 10 - Every Time
Chapter 11 - Not The Best
Chapter 12 - Bad Idea
Chapter 13 - Secrets
Chapter 14 - Worry
Chapter 15 - Too Many Times
Chapter 16 - Do You Really?
Chapter 17 - Don't Believe That
Chapter 18 - The Smart One
Chapter 19 - Now I Know
Chapter 20 - Don't Ever
Chapter 21 - Stop Talking
Chapter 22 - Are You Mad
Chapter 23 - You Wish
Chapter 24 - I Swear
Chapter 25 - Different
Chapter 26 - Letters
Chapter 27 - I Guess
Chapter 28 - Bribery
Chapter 29 - Chocolate
Chapter 30 - Marauder Edition
Chapter 31 - You Bloody Idiots
Chapter 32 - Oh My God
Chapter 33 - The Stag, Black Dog and Rat
Chapter 34 - Fight Me
Chapter 35 - Failure
Chapter 36 - Something Wrong
A/N...
Chapter 38 - The Train Ride Back

Chapter 37 - Bright Yellow

3.9K 128 22
By iwlupin

I sat at the Gryffindor Table in the Great Hall eating lunch with Marlene, Alice, Frank and Lily. We didn't have any classes that day, so we spent the time hanging out in the Great Hall. Remus, James and Sirius walked up to us and sat down. James sat down next to Lily and asked,

"So Evans-"

"No," Lily replied. "Leave me alone, Potter." 

"Where's Peter?" Alice questioned, noticing that one of the Marauders was missing. As if right on time, Peter walked over to the table and sat down next to Remus. 

"Did you do the dare?" Marlene asked Peter immediately, causing everyone else to frown. Peter smirked slightly before muttering,

"I'll do it tonight," Marlene smirked and continued eating. 

"Wait, what's the dare?" Sirius asked. 

"I can't tell you," Peter said and nodded at Marlene. "She said I couldn't."

"Right... well that's against the rules - Ow!" James suddenly exclaimed and glared at Marlene who continued eating like nothing happened. "Don't kick me!" She ignored him, but the small smirk on her face was filled with mischief.

"There isn't anything in the rules that says you can keep the dare from us," Sirius said,

"But there isn't anything in the rules that says you can keep the dare from everyone else,"  I stated, James and Sirius, glared at me in reply. 

"Besides... you'll mostly figure out the dare soon," Marlene said innocently and the boys blinked rapidly. 

"McKinnon!" James yelled in frustration. "What's the dare?"

"I'm not telling you." 

"I don't like you." 

"Yeah yeah sure" 

"Wow for once I'm not the one you don't like," I said slowly and turned to James. The others chuckled and James thought for a minute.

"No, I still don't like you." James lifted his left hand up. "You see, this is you and this is Marlene." He lifted his right hand up then placed it right underneath his left hand. "I don't like you, but I don't like Marlene more." I frowned and tilted my head in confusion.

"Yeah... because that makes sense," Remus said with amusement and the others laughed slightly again. James rolled his eyes.

"I'm saying that everyone I like is up here." He placed his hand up high in the air. "And Fall and McKinnon are down here." He slapped his hands on his table.

"Well, that's rude," Marlene stated with a bored expression and I nodded in agreement.

"And it still doesn't make sense," I added and James groaned. 

"Funny how both Marlene and Isabel are dating James' best friends," Alice stated and we all burst out laughing. 

"That could be one of the reasons..." James mumbled, thinking for a moment. Remus and Sirius frowned.

"Really?" Remus questioned, an unamused expression on his face. James rolled his eyes and huffed loudly but he didn't say anything else. Marlene and I glanced at each other then shrugged, starting to eat once again. 

The next day, Marlene, Alice, Lily and I headed to our first class of the day which was Transfiguration. The lesson started and Peter was the only Marauder in sight who sat behind us. Professor McGonagall called out the roll however she didn't get far as Sirius' name was second. McGonagall looked up from the paper and furrowed her eyebrows. "Where's Sirius?"

All heads immediately turned to Peter and me, surprisingly. I shrugged and turned to Peter as well. Peter's eyes widened at the sudden attention and he shook his head. "I haven't seen him or the others since this morning."

I frowned with confusion, trying to think why James, Sirius and most importantly Remus, would skip a class. James and Sirius I understand but not Remus? Why would Remus, out of all people, skip a class? It wasn't a full moon... 

Marlene turned around and mouthed something to Peter, who nodded slowly. She let out a giggle and covered her mouth afterwards. Everyone turned their attention to her and she shook her head, covering her smirk. "Sorry, Professor." 

Professor McGonagall raised an eyebrow but nodded. "Very well, I'll have to speak to the three of them next time I see them."

I laughed silently to myself and leaned over to Marlene. "They're screwed," I whispered to her and she giggled again before nodding in agreement. I raised an eyebrow at her. "Does this has something to do with your dare?" 

Marlene grinned suspiciously and shrugged. "Maybe it does." I nodded slowly then faced the front as McGonagall started the lesson.

At lunchtime, instead of walking to the Great Hall like I normally would, I walked to the Gryffindor Tower. I said the password and walked inside, going straight to the boys' dormitories. I walked to the Marauders and Frank's dormitory and knocked on the door. 

"Don't come in!" I heard Sirius shout. 

I frowned and turned the doorknob, the door was locked. "What? Come on, what are you three doing?!"

"Oh it's Izzy," the door unlocked and I grabbed the doorknob. "Wait! No, it's Izzy!!" The door locked again as I turned the doorknob. I groaned.

"Come on guys!" I yelled. "What's going on?!"

"Nothing is going on," James said through the door. "You don't need to worry Fall."

"You missed out on Transfiguration today and by the way, you're all in trouble and we have to write a two-page essay on the Bird-Conjuring charm." 

"Thanks for letting us now, we really appreciate." 

"Don't sass me, Rudolph!" 

James went silent and I heard Sirius and Remus burst out laughing. 

"Can I come in now?!" I asked. 

"No!" Sirius shouted. 

"You really shouldn't come in," Remus started. "It's... not good,"

"This is worse than 'not good'!" I grabbed my wand and pointed at the lock. "It's... bad."

"I'm coming in guys, Alohomora!" I opened the door and walked inside. 

The sight made me bite my lip from laughing. James, Sirius and Remus all sat down in their beds. All their clothes and belongings were bright yellow like a sunflower on a spring day. The brightness of the yellow made me squint my eyes. "Woah,"

"I told you it was bad!" Sirius yelled and I looked around, smirking to myself. The only thing that wasn't yellow was the furniture.

"What happened?" I asked and Remus stood up. His robes were yellow and so was his socks, and his tie. 

"All our stuff was like this when we woke up, except it was bright pink. We tried changing it back to normal but all of it only changed to another colour, like blue or neon green and finally, bright yellow." He explained and I nodded, laughing slightly. 

"Someone's jinxed it," James said then glared at me. "And Rudolph?!" He yelled and threw his hands in the air. "Why Rudolph?!"

I shrugged. "It's nearly Christmas and you're a deer."

"Now you have an annoying nickname," Sirius said to James and smirked, causing James to glare at him slightly. 

"Can we get back to the original topic?" Remus asked the two of them. "Why is all our stuff bright yellow, who changed all our stuff to yellow and how do we fix it?"

I thought for a minute then gasped in realisation. I laughed loudly and the three Marauders turned to me. "What?" 

"I think I know who did it, but before I tell you guys... Remus, where's your camera?" I asked him and Remus frowned. 

"Why do you want my camera?" He questioned and I smiled innocently. 

"So I can remember this moment. The day someone else, other than me of course, pranked the famous Marauders!" I exclaimed and started laughing. They all shouted in protest. "Oh come on! I know who did it and I won't tell you if you don't give me your camera." 

They glanced at each other and Remus sighed with defeat. He opened his bag and handed me his camera. I smirked and took a quick photo. "This is beautiful..." I mumbled, shaking my head with amusement. 

"Yeah, yeah we get it. Can you tell us who did it now?" James said impatiently and I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Be patient, Rudolph," I said and sat down on Remus' bed. "The person who did this was Peter." 

"What?!" They exclaimed loudly and I held up my hand to silence him. 

"But it was Marlene's idea, remember the dare?" They thought for a moment and gasped in realisation. 

"So that's why she didn't want us to know," Remus muttered. 

"I feel betrayed," Sirius stated. "First cats and now this." I rolled my eyes at that. 

"Her or Peter probably know how to reverse the jinx," I suggested and thought for a minute. "Or maybe there's a time limit."

"Time limit?" They questioned.

"Remember when you dyed my hair purple?" 

"And you dyed my hair pink afterwards? Yes, I remember." Sirius answered and crossed his arms. 

"Well, maybe your stuff will stay yellow until who knows when." I finished and sighed. 

"When will that be?" James asked.

"I don't know!" 

Suddenly, the door opened and both Peter and Marlene walked in. Marlene looked around the room and gasped. She laughed and smirked. "Wow, I said to turn only their robes to bright pink but this, I love." Peter laughed and they high-fived each other. The Marauders glared at Marlene furiously.

"Change it back!" James yelled and crossed his arms. He stormed over to Marlene, who raised an eyebrow at him. She looked like she was trying so hard not to laugh. 

"If you ask nicely," Peter said teasingly and James turned to him.

"Please?"

"Please what?" Marlene added and bopped up and down on her feet. James groaned with annoyance.

"Can you please change our stuff back to normal?" The Marauders, besides Peter, of course, said in unison.

Marlene and Peter both glanced at each other, "Nah." 

"But there is a time limit," Marlene added, clicking her fingers at James.

"I knew it!" I exclaimed and they turned to me.

"Yes, one point to Izzy," Peter said and grinned slightly. "Everything will go back to normal this afternoon."

"What time?" Remus asked.

"5 o'clock," Marlene answered. Sirius checked his watch.

"That's four hours away!" He shouted in protest. 

"Yep, also I think McGonagall took away house points because you guys didn't show up to class today," Marlene added and they groaned silently. 

"That's your fault," James pointing at Marlene who poked her tongue at him in reply. He then pointed at Peter. "And yours." 

"You have to admit though, it was a good prank," I stated and walked to Marlene and Peter. I leaned against Peter's shoulder and smirked at them. "Very impressive." 

"Why thank you, I suggested it and Peter made it bigger and better." Marlene said and grinned slightly. 

"Why are you taking their side?" Sirius asked and raised an eyebrow at me. "I thought you were better than that Fall."

"Hey, I speak the truth." 

"Well... we have Remus," James said. "You're betraying your future husband."

"Oh come on!" I yelled with annoyance then sighed, "No offence, Wolfie." 

Remus smiled and rolled his eyes slightly. "None taken, also they have Marlene." 

"Ha! We win!" Marlene yelled and laughed, causing the rest of us to laugh along with her, despite the bright yellow that the Marauders seemed to have forgotten for a second. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!!! I'm back!!

I missed you all and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry that I haven't updated in like 500 years (kidding, its been like 5 months, that's still bad though) but the thing is I've had no motivation for this book until recently which kinda sucks because this is one of my most popular books -

ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 83K VIEWS LIKE WHAAAAAAAAAT?! I love you all and thank you so much for reading this story, it means a lot to me. 

Which is why I feel so bad for not updating for the last 5 months, so if any of you have any ideas or suggestions please PLEASE message me or comment,

Again, I'm sorry for updating (and that the chapter may be crappy) and thank you for 83K :D

Love you all

~Ivy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

969K 16.8K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
869K 40.3K 172
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
887K 47.1K 34
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...