Breathing

By AnnMarie119712

"Jesus! What are you doing" I yelled. "Most people call me Harry, but Jesus is ok too" he smirked. I clutch... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Authors note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Authors note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 PT 1
Chapter 31 PT 2
Chapter 32
Authors Note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Authors Note
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Authors note
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Authors Note
Chapter 72
Question????
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Authors Note
Chapter 80
Thank You.
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Authors Note
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
PLEASE READ!!!!!!
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Repost of Chapter 89
Epilogue

Chapter 84

39.9K 1.5K 651
By AnnMarie119712

Chapter 84

"Harry" Charlie whispered.

"Hmm?" I tapped my fork on the edge of my plate.

"Are you ok? You've been glaring at Gemma for the last thirty minutes"

"Sorry" I looked away. From my lying sneaking sister.

Half sister.

I mentally corrected myself. Gemma had something to do with what happen to Charlie. I didn't know how yet, but I had a gut feeling. Something had been telling me this was all an act.

"Gemma these onsies are adorable. Where did you find them?"

"A little booth I passed walking to the coffee shop on campus the other day. The woman that owns it was sweet and threw in the bottles half price. She told me to come back in a few days and she would have more for me to look through."

"Take me with you. These are just too cute. I'm sure he will ruin a few so it's better to stock up now"

"Yes! We will have a girls day to shop for my nephew! I'm so excited and it's getting closer to your due date. Are you nervous?"

"Yes. Very" She looked at me and I smiled reassuring her everything would be fine.

They went back to talking and I went back to glaring at Gemma. They could plan all they wanted, but I would not let them be alone together. Not until I figured all this shit out. Gemma was like a virus. The longer she went untreated the more she spread. I had played nice for too long.

"More pizza H?" Ed held up the box.

"No thank you."I mumbled in reply.

"Harry all you had was salad. Are you sure you don't want anything else?" Charlie wrapped her fingers around mine. Her touch almost relaxing me until I noticed Gemma was eyeing me.

"I don't feel good" I stood from the table, gently pulling my hand from hers.

"Is it your leg? Do you want the heating pad again?"

"No I think I ate something weird earlier."

I took my plate to the sink. Standing in front of it for a minute, my thoughts distracting me. I needed proof. If I told Charlie without solid proof that Gemma was involved she would get pissed at me again.

"You ok?"

I turned seeing Gemma to my right. Instinctively I took a step back. She eyed me and I couldn't stop the scowl from taking over.

"When did you come back to the states?"

"What?" She crossed her arms confused by my question.

"When did you get back to the states? You said dad made you come back. When did you get here?"

"Um..I don't ..remember exactly? January maybe?" She fumbled through her words.

"January? How do you not remember?" I stepped towards her. She looked up at me holding my glare.

"I don't remember Harry. It's been like 8 months. I'm sorry if I don't remember the exact date. Why does it matter? Why are you so mad?"

"8 months? That puts you here in November of last year.." I looked away as I ran over my mental timeline.

"No. That's wrong. I didn't mean 8. I meant maybe 6 or so. I don't remember. Why are you being weird." She tried to laugh it off running her left hand up and down her opposite arm.

She looked nervous or possibly frightened. I'm not sure which. I was cracking her. Exactly what I needed. If I asked the right questions, she would put holes in her own story and I would have my proof.

"If I find out you had anything to do with what happened to Charlie-"

"Wait what? Anything to do with Charlie? What are you talking about"

"If I find out you know Liam or that bastard Alex I swear I'll fucking kill you myself"

"Harry! What is wrong with you?" She stepped back shocked by my blunt response.

I looked over at Ed who was in a deep conversation with my fiancé. They were laughing and not paying Gemma and I any attention.

"We need to talk in private"

"No! I'm not going anywhere with you. What are you going on about?"

I grabbed her wrist and she jerked away.

"Let me go Harry!" She protested loud enough that Charlie and Ed both looked up in our direction.

"Everything ok?" Charlie smiled.

"Gemma-"

"I want to leave" she cut me off.

"What? Gem we just finished eat-"

"Then you stay. I'm leaving" She pushed past me snatching her bag from the counter.

"Gemma wait I'm not done talking to you" I was on her heels following her to the door.

"What? What else could you possibly have to say?-"

"Keep your voice down!" I hissed.

I could hear Charlie apologizing to Ed from the kitchen.

"You just fucking threatened to kill me! After accusing me of what? Knowing Liam? And who the hell is Alex?"

"Don't act like you don't fucking know!" I snapped.

"Know what? Have you lost your fucking mind? Look I know you're under a lot of pressure right now, but whatever theory your fucked up mind is entertaining,you need to stop. I thought we were doing good. That you had finally began to trust me. Now you're accusing me of being an accomplice to one of my friends assaults? That's low Harry even for you"

"She's not your friend. She's my fiancé and you're nothing to either of us"

"So what you speak for Charlie now? Let's see how she feels about that, shall we?" She tried to walk past me but I blocked her.

"Stay away from her" I spoke through clenched teeth.

"What happened? Harry we were finally getting along. What sparked this?" Her eyes glossed over and for a second I felt a small ounce of guilt. That is until I remembered the jump drive. "What happened to trying to trust me and-"

"I'll never fucking trust you" I spat not caring if my words stung. I hoped they did.

"Harry. I thought you-"

"You thought wrong. Unless you can tell me when you got here. I have nothing else to say to you"

"I told you! I don't remember!" She snapped.

"I'll find out. I'll talk to dad" I pulled the door open before shoving her into the hall.

"Fine! Talk to him. But leave me the hell alone until you get some help!"

I slammed the door in her face. She was good. Her little act was almost convincing. She must of forgot how well I knew her though. She was lying through her teeth and I wasn't falling for it not anymore.

I walked back to the living room, sitting on the couch with a huff.

"I'm sorry again Ed. I don't know what's gotten into him. I'm sure he's just upset about something. I'll talk to him"

"Don't worry about it Charlie. I'm sure it's just a sibling thing we missed"

They whispered back and forth like I wasn't 10 feet away. I should tell Ed he's dating a god damn psychopath. She's a part of this, I know it.

"You wanna tell me what that was about?" Charlie was standing in front of me.

"It's nothing. I've just got a lot on my mind" I rubbed my eyes, exhausted from this day.

"You seemed pretty upset for nothing to be bothering you"

"Charlie I don't want to argue with you. Please just-"

"Then don't argue. I've already told you we can talk without arguing Harry"

"Gemma is up to something. She's not trustworthy and-"

"Not this again" She closed her eyes releasing a deep sigh.

"What do you mean this again? I've always said she was crazy. I only gave her another chance because you practically made me."

"And what has she done? Tell me" she crossed her arms.

I couldn't tell her. Not without telling her about the video. I also had no proof that Gemma was actually a part of it except the G on the drive and my own conspiracy theories.

"I just know she's up to no good" I looked away from her.

Charlie's pov

"Ok."

"Ok?" He frowned eyeing me.

"You're right. Gemma is a sneaky backstabbing bitch"

"What?" I could tell he was confused by my response.

"She helped take care of you after your accident. What a bitch. Oh and helping plan my surprise baby shower? They don't get more evil than that. How about the diapers, bottles, and onsies. She brought today because she thought we might need extra? I say we go get her and demand apologies for such awful treatment."

He rolled his eyes. Not amused by my sarcasm.

"Charlie it's just an act" he threw his head back groaning.

"You're right Harry. You're always right. Gemma is nuts and we should turn her in for villain of the year" I tapped my finger against my chin.

"You're not funny" he huffed.

"I'm not trying to be. I'm being serious actually. I'm going to get her and drag her back by her hair"

He laughed at how ridiculous I sounded.

"Charlie" he whined pushing his hair back, away from his face.

"Harold" I countered sitting next to him on the couch.

He turned looking at me.

"What?"

"I love you so much"

"Good because if you didn't I'd have to drag you by your hair as well"

"Shut up" he laughed cupping my cheek as he pressed his lips to mine.

I pulled away smiling as I rubbed my hand over my stomach.

"What? Why are you grinning like that" he copied my facial expression.

I grabbed his hand in mine placing it on my stomach. His eyes widened as he felt the thump against his palm.

"He's kicking?"

"No he's dancing" I rolled my eyes.

"That's not true because I can't dance and you can only dance when you're drunk" he teased.

"Be nice!" I laughed.

Aidan hadn't kicked when Harry was around since the day of the car accident. He seemed to only move when Harry was asleep or not home. Seeing his face light up every few seconds as he moved around was priceless.

"Does it hurt?"

"No. It's just a bit surreal" I smiled.

"Hello in there. Your name is buzz. We love you" he yelled at my stomach.

"Harry what in the world are you doing?"

"I read that you should talk to them. Even while their in the womb. So they can get use to your voice"

"Ahh I see. Well maybe we should get some headphones to put around my belly. So he can have some rhythm also" I raised my brow.

"Your mum is being mean. I hope you have my personality"

"I hope he has your everything" it was suppose to be a thought, but the words slipped out before I could stop them.

Harry smiled up at me.

"Why is that?" He sat up.

"You're beautiful Harry. If I'm going to have a son. I want him to be just like you. Looks and all"

I could count the times I'd seen Harry blush on one hand. He quickly tried to recover from my compliment by smirking.

"Well maybe I want him to look more like you" he challenged.

"Don't be ridiculous. I wouldn't wish my looks on anyone"

"The only thing ridiculous is you thinking for even a second that you're not the most beautiful woman in the world"

"Harry stop. I'm not and-"

"No you stop. That's my opinion. Are you telling me I can't have an opinion?" He raised his brow.

"No I'm just saying I want Aidan to look like you. Instead of me."

"Well I'll be happier if he has your ears, your nose-"

"Your eyes. Your smile" I interrupted him.

"Exactly. A mix of the both of us" he leaned back over so his face was close to my stomach again.

"Please have her nose" he whispered. I laughed running my fingers through his hair.

"Harry if something were really wrong you would tell me right?"

He didn't respond right away. The hand rubbing my stomach stopping its movement.

"Of course"

~~

"Door. Harry get the door" I snuggled into my blankets. Just as I drifted off to sleep again, I heard the knocking.

"Harry!"

His snoring filled the room and I knew there was no point in trying to wake him. I pushed the blankets off and sat up. I grabbed his sweats from the floor and pulled them up my legs. They were actually a bit tight on my hips and I mentally cursed him for being in better shape than me.

The banging continued as I made my way to the front door.

"I'm coming!" I yelled as I approached the door. Who would be here this early anyways. It was barely light out.

I opened the door seeing those blue eyes I'd convinced myself were gone forever.

"About time" he growled gripping my throat.

A small squeak was all I got out as he slammed my back against the wall.

"Where is he?"

His grip was so tight I couldn't even take a breath, let alone answer his question.

"Answer me!" He demanded loosening his grip.

"Get out! Leave us alone-" the sting on my cheek burned more than the last time I remember him hitting me. His hand dropped to his side as he stormed past me.

"Harry!" He yelled walking down the hall. I followed grabbing his shirt from behind.

"No! Leave us alone!"

He whipped around pushing me to the ground. I held my stomach. Worried that harm would come to Aidan if I continued to fight him.

"Charlie?"

Harry stepped into the living room rubbing his eyes. He never saw Alex raise his hand in his direction. It wasn't until we both heard the click that he looked up.

"Harry!"

Alex pulled the trigger. The bullet hitting Harry in the chest and sending him to the floor.

"No! No!" I tried crawling to him but Alex pulled me up from the floor.

"You're coming with me baby! I've missed you" be nearly growled in my ear.

He pulled me the opposite direction of Harry. I screamed and fought only to have his hand cover my mouth and his grip on my arm tighten.

"Charlie! Charlie wake up!"

I opened my eyes. I was staring up at the ceiling. Harry came into view and I realized I was still laying in bed.
I sat up looking around.

"Oh my god" my breathing was uneven and my face felt clammy.

"What the hell were you dreaming about?" He stood up walking to our bathroom. Retuning a second later with a glass of water.

"I don't even want to repeat it"

"The way you were screaming my name. Either I was giving you the best sex of your life or being killed" he laughed.

I shifted in my spot, not wanting to look at him for fear of bursting into tears.

"I'm gonna go with option number two. What happened?" He sat next to me and I fought the stinging behind my eyes. "Charlie what did you dream about?"

"It was definitely not a dream" a tear escaped my right eye and his arms were pulling me to his chest.

"Char I'm fine. It was just a nightmare"

"I know but he hurt you and he was trying to make me leave with him and he didn't care that I was pregnant"

"Who? Who hurt me?"

"Alex" I swallowed hard as his grip around my shoulders tightened.

"Don't think about that. He's not gonna hurt anyone. I would never let him"

Why was I having a nightmare about something so awful? Alex was irrelevant and he couldn't get into our building if he tried. Before I knew it I was drifting off to sleep again. I felt Harry gently rubbing my back as I relaxed.

Harry's pov

Once she was asleep, I laid her back down. She didn't even know about the jump drive and she was still stressing out about him. I walked to the bathroom. Pulling open the drawer. I retrieved the drive before taking a seat on the edge of the bathtub.

"LAG..Liam. Alex. Gemma." I repeated it over and over. How did they all know each other? Liam and Alex seemed really comfortable in the video. But where would Gemma fit into all of this? I had so many questions and I was going to need answers to the basic ones first. Did Alex go to NYU? Maybe that's where he met Liam. I still didn't even know what Alex looked like. Maybe Charlie had an old picture. I sat in the bathroom contemplating all the possibilities until I couldn't keep my eyes open.

I slipped back into bed, wrapping my arm around Charlie's waist. I felt Aidan kick and she groaned trying to get comfortable.

"Let your mum sleep" I whispered rubbing my hand over the spot I had felt him. I smiled at the thought of him listening. I didn't feel him move anymore before my eyes closed and I joined Charlie in a deep sleep.

~Hey guys!!! Sorry for the wait. I decided to go a different direction with the chapter!! Of course I didn't realize what I wanted to do until I was more than halfway through haha. So I had to start over. I really do update when I can. I would rather give you a quality chapter than to just throw something together :) this chapter was what some consider a "fluff" chapter though. I'm thinking there are less than 10 chapters left but I need to do a little more planning to be sure :) also I keep getting asked about trailers and edits...I told you guys I'm awful at edits haha so if you make one let me know so I can post/share it I will give you a shoutout on twitter/Instagram/ and in the authors notes like this one. Just saying :)

On a side note. If you follow my IG You might have seen my post about not being ranked anymore.. Sad day :( I'm guessing with the content of the story Breathing is no longer allowed to be ranked and it's extremely hard to search for it. I sat with my best friend searching the other day and it just doesn't come up unless you type in my username. So pretty much no new readers will see my story unless someone tells them...so this is my second plea for you guys to share/ tweet/ and tell your friends that might enjoy my book where to find it!!! A couple people let me know they put the link in their bio on Instagram and that's just the sweetest thing ever!!!! Anywho thank you for everything and I'll post again soon :) LOVE YOU!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

834K 9.2K 56
I write funny, cute, and sad; basically any imagine you ask for. Leave suggestions in the comment box! I will do requests, but I will title the chapt...
48.2K 1.4K 30
"I need this job. Badly." He paces and looks over to me, biting his lip leaving me hungry for an answer. "Can you play the guitar?" And so it began
9.5K 79 10
Dirty 1D imagines written for your pleasure! I do requests and my own for you to enjoy!
1.2M 6.6K 146
These are some really good One Direction Fan Fics you should read.If you like 1D and dont have a fanfic to read then check in here and you might find...