The Quest

By delusional_wanderer

Alannah is no stranger to adventure, having been raised by the wizard, Gandalf the Grey. Having little memor... More

Prologue: The tale of Galadhel & Alatar
The Quest: Chapter 1
The Quest: Chapter 2
The Quest: Chapter 3
The Quest: Chapter 4
The Quest: Chapter 5
The Quest: Chapter 6
The Quest: Chapter 7
The Quest: Chapter 8
The Quest: Chapter 9
The Quest: Chapter 10
The Quest: Chapter 11
The Quest: Chapter 12
The Quest: Chapter 14
The Quest: Chapter 15
The Quest: Chapter 16
The Quest: Chapter 17
The Quest: Chapter 18
The Quest: Chapter 19
The Quest: Chapter 20
The Quest: Chapter 21
The Quest: Chapter 22
The Quest: Chapter 23
The Quest: Chapter 24
The Quest: Chapter 25
The Quest:Chapter 26
The Quest: Chapter 27
The Quest: Chapter 28
The Quest: Chapter 29
The Quest: Chapter 30
The Quest: Chapter 31
The Quest: Chapter 32
The Quest: Chapter 33
The Quest: Chapter 34
The Quest: Chapter 35
The Quest: Chapter 36
The Quest: Chapter 37
The Quest: Chapter 38
The Quest: Chapter 39
The Quest: Chapter 40
The Quest Chapter 41
The Quest: Chapter 42
The Quest: Chapter 43
The Quest Chapter 44
The Quest Chapter 45
The Quest Chapter 46
The Quest Chapter 47
The Quest: Chapter 48
The Quest Chapter 49
The Quest Chapter 50
The Quest: Chapter 51
THE QUEST: Chapter 52
Epilogue: We're here

The Quest: Chapter 13

8.8K 248 135
By delusional_wanderer

The couple slept peacefully in each other's arms for a few hours before Legolas woke early, the night not yet broken by the morning sun. He stretched out onto the bed and looked down at Alannah who was still curled up onto his chest. It was difficult for him to think of having to wake her up as he rolled off the bed silently and began pulling his clothes on. All of Edoras was still asleep, not yet receiving the order from King Theoden to pack up and leave for Helm's Deep. Legolas opened the shutters on the window and gazed out towards the horizon line. The sun would not rise for another hour or so and decided it best to see if Alannah would join him for some target practice. He sat beside her slumbering body on the bed and gently placed kisses across her face. His long hair tickled her nose as he moved and she scurried away from him, never a morning person herself.

"Meleth nin, echuio." Legolas smiled as he shook her leg. "Wake up." Alannah sleepily opened her eyes and squinted at Legolas.

"It's not yet dawn, let's go back to sleep." She pleaded as she pulled the blankets over her body. Legolas looked at her with astonishment, never seeing any elf be so lazy. He snickered as he ducked under the covers at the foot of the bed and began crawling up her legs.

"Alannah, I'll wake you up one way or another." He threatened as he pulled her legs apart. She shivered when she felt his breath on her bare center, anticipating similar pleasures as the night before. He traced her slit with his tongue before crawling up to look at her face. She was definitely awake now and clearly frustrated as she bucked her hips upward to grind into his. A moan escaped his lips as he buried his face into her neck, trying not to let her win this game of intimate tug of war.

"We need to go practice before we ride out." He whispered. Legolas planted a quick kiss on her lips before standing up to retrieve her clothes from the other side of the room. He listened to her stretch before rolling off of the bed herself and dropping something to the floor. Startled, he turned around and found himself face to face with Alannah brushing against him, wearing nothing.

Legolas couldn't hold himself back any longer and pulled her into him and began to kiss her passionately. She took charge by sliding her tongue into his, heating up the cold morning with their shared desires. His hand quickly found her wet core and he slid between her folds, finding her most sensitive bud and stroking it lightly. He smiled as he was able to elicit moans from her and watched her face contort in response to his efforts.

Her hand quickly found his hardened bulge and she rubbed her hand against it, satisfied as she felt his strong knees growing weak. The silent room was being filled with heavy breathing as they continued on like this, tempting each other beyond comprehension. Her fingers began to trace the waistband of his pants, tempted to slide beneath and stroke his manhood. Instead, she startled him as she pulled away quickly and began to get dressed.

He stood in the center of the room, confused and yearning for more. Alannah looked over her shoulder and smiled at him as she pulled on her leggings.

"Target practice meleth nin. Remember?" She teased. Legolas grinned back at her as he watched her finish dressing, taking him by surprise at her feistiness.

"I will see you in the main hall then." Legolas gave her a playful pinch on the arm before retrieving his bow and left the room, heading towards the main hall.

Alannah sat on the bed and brushed her tangled hair before hearing a small knock at the door. She assumed it was Legolas and answered it, only to find Eowyn on the other side.

"You're up early." Alannah stated with a smile before walking back to pull her boots on. Eowyn smiled at her as she looked around the room. The sheets on the bed were rumpled and the bath was still full of water from the night before.

"You must tell me everything." Eowyn sat at the table. The two were close and had always shared personal stories, and this one was no different. "Did he take you? I tried to make the room as presentable as I could but had little time."

Alannah blushed as she looked at Eowyn. "Yes, well no." She answered. Eowyn furrowed her brow, confused by the answer. Alannah turned to answer her, explain what she meant. Eowyn's eyes grew wide as Alannah described her night with her betrothed.

"What about him?" Eowyn asked shyly. Alannah froze as she realized she left Legolas unpleased after he worked earnestly to take care of her needs.

"We can't do that." Alannah answered honestly. "I know little of elvish customs but we won't marry, not now. Not during these hard times we're living to see."

Eowyn smiled slyly as she slipped a small novella to Alannah. Her eyed widened when she saw it and she tried pushing it back to Eowyn.

"You're reading those dirty novels again!" Alannah accusingly teased. Eowyn pushed it back to Alannah, begging for her to hear her out.

"Just read page 137. You can at least do that for him." She offered. Alannah gave Eowyn a cautious look as she flipped to the page and skimmed over it. She covered her mouth with her hand as she read the inappropriate passages. Alannah reread it once more, shocked yet intrigued that anyone would write those words with the intention of allowing someone else to read them.

"Do you think he would enjoy that?" Alannah asked quietly, as if someone may hear her. Eowyn plucked the book from Alannah's hands and stuffed it into the bottom of Alannah's satchel.

"It's worth a try, I suppose." She answered. "You're so blessed to have found love, Alannah. I'm very happy for you."

Alannah could hear the sad tone in her friend's voice and hugged her tightly.

"Your love is out there. It will happen when you least expect it, like it did with me and everyone else in Middle Earth." Alannah kissed her friend on the cheek and was satisfied with Eowyn's smile in return. The two friends walked together to the main hall, where Legolas stood quietly holding two bows and an extra quiver.

"Are you ready?" Legolas asked as he handed her the extra bow he had found. Alannah nodded as he slid the quiver over her head and buckled it around her chest like his own.

~

"You need to stand up straight!" Legolas pulled her shoulders back and pushed against her spine for what seemed like the hundredth time. All morning he corrected her as much as he instructed her, but was determined to make sure she was proficient in more than just her sword. Alannah was becoming a very good shot, just not as good as he knew she could be and he began to worry about her safety during the upcoming battle. She huffed as she held the position he put her into and shot the center of the target with deadly accuracy.

"That's better." He responded, walking to retrieve her arrows and placing them back into her quiver. All of Edoras began to pour out of their homes, carrying all they would need for the journey to Helms Deep. Legolas led Alannah to the stables and pointed to a horse she could ride, a black stallion with a mild and friendly disposition. Alannah stroked the horse's mane and spoke to him softly, introducing herself to him. Legolas watched her as he saddled his own horse, smiling as he began to see the elf in her blossom more and more.

~

The company needed to travel quickly to Helm's Deep and they would arrive to the fortress by the following night. Legolas rode beside Alannah, paying her compliments and describing his home in the Woodland Realm to her in great detail. Many paces back, some of the riders of Edoras talked about Alannah in an unfavorable manner. Legolas was able to listen to them from a distance while no one else could, and he willed himself not to let his temper show. Instead he continued his conversations with Alannah as they galloped, focusing his attention on her as best he could. However, their gruff voices still reached Legolas's ears and he found it difficult not to hear them.

"No, when she lived in Edoras before, she was a quiet thing. Spent her time with the King's niece and nephew. But who knows though, you know what they say about the quiet ones." The bearded man said to his companion.

"Give me half a day with her, I'll get her to open up in ways you could only dream of. At least I could get her to open her mouth for me." The companion responded with an obnoxious chuckle.

Legolas clenched his jaw as they gossiped about her, his patience running thin.

"I heard sometime after she stayed in Gondor, with Denethor, the old bat. Wanted to marry her." He responded. The companion laughed in response, practically tripping over his own words before he could get them out.

"Did you know, she travelled with the steward's son all the way out west? Had to have taken close to a fortnight. You can't tell me they weren't doing all they could to stay warm. Just look at how she rides that horse! No wonder that elf stays so close to her if she's riding him that way at night."

The two men began laughing loudly and Legolas couldn't even focus on what Alannah was saying as he turned around, his icy blue eyes full of rage as he stared at the two riders. They looked at him and then each other, questioning if he had somehow heard them or not.

"Legolas?" Alannah tried getting his attention. "What is it?"

He turned his attention back to her, quickly changing his disposition to a more calm and pleasant one.

"Nothing my love, let's give our horses to the women behind us. They are much older and shouldn't be walking such a great distance in their state." Legolas suggested. Alannah smiled at him, grateful that he was such a kind and considerate person as she jumped off her horse and assisted one of the women in mounting him.

Legolas laced his fingers with Alannah's as they continued walking but kept his eyes focused in the distance in case of any incoming enemies. He couldn't help but think of Alannah travelling with Boromir for such a long time before arriving in Rivendell and the suggestions the men were making about her.

"May I ask you a question, meleth nin, without causing any offense?" Legolas asked as he continued surveying the horizon line. Alannah smiled softly, wondering what he could possibly ask to offend her.

"Of course. You can ask me anything." Alannah replied, now growing curious.

"I know he was a dear friend, but did you maybe ever have a romantic kind of love for Boromir, even for a moment?" He asked, hoping that he had phrased his question in the most respectable way possible.

Alannah was quiet for a moment as she looked around at the grassy landscape. She let out a soft sigh before finally speaking.

"The moment was fleeting. Perhaps a week or so before travelling to Rivendell. He had led an attack on Osgiliath and reclaimed the falling city. I was in my room, reading when I heard the cheers of the people flooding through Minas Tirith. When I walked out of my room, the sound was boisterous. I remember walking out into the streets when they returned and when I saw him, he looked at me. It was in that moment I realized he had stronger feelings than just our friendship, and I questioned if I felt the same."

Alannah paused, her mind transported to that moment in time as Legolas listened intently.

"There was a feast, a celebration that night. I retired to my room early before everyone began drinking heavily. I was sound asleep when Boromir knocked on my door. He was drunk, began confessing his love for me and told me he would tell his father first thing the next morning. I tried to calm him down but he was still full of so much energy from the battle. He grew angry at my rejection and stormed out. I followed him, not letting him see me, just to make sure he got back to his quarters safe. But, he didn't go to his quarters."

Legolas looked at her curiously. "Where did he go?" Alannah tried to think of how to explain without sounding crude.

"He ended up at a woman's place of business. She was a professional with public affairs if you understand what I mean." She finally responded. Legolas nodded his head, knowing exactly what she meant. No such thing happened amongst the elves and he viewed it as something volatile that occurred in the world of men.

"Years before that night, Gandalf had foreseen part of my future and I knew that was not the path I was to take. However, he does approve of the one I'm traveling now." Alannah stopped and kissed Legolas on the cheek, satisfied to see him smile in return.

"As am I, meleth nin." Legolas responded, satisfied and comforted by her honesty.

~

They finally made camp shortly before the sun set in some small cliffs. Families huddled together in their tents fending off the cold air that ripped across the plains. The riders of Rohan were adamant about taking the watch for the night so Aragorn erected two tents side by side. He would room with Gimli, leaving Legolas and Alannah to their own tent for the night. Legolas brought in a plate of food to share with Alannah and they ate together in the tent. He told her stories of battles he had fought in, his time in the wild after meeting Aragorn, and everything in between. After they finished eating, Legolas rolled out mats for them to sleep on and insured to Alannah that the elven cloaks they were gifted in Lothlorien would be more than enough to keep them warm, for they bore an elven enchantment.

They finally settled on the mats together when the entire camp grew quiet, and Alannah watched him as he slept. She didn't feel tired at all as she quietly rolled over and pulled out the small book concealed in her sack. Her eyes skimmed over the pages quickly as it detailed the act and she began to grow anxious that somehow, she would mess it up. Finally, she shoved the book into the bag and rolled onto her back to build herself up to making her advance.

"Legolas, are you asleep?" She whispered. Legolas opened one eye and looked at her before closing it again.

"I was. Do you require anything of me?" He asked sleepily with a smile. Alannah sat up on her knees and bent over, letting her hair fall around their faces. She kissed his lips softly as she loosened his tunic, planting kisses down his smooth torso.

"You've done enough for me, but I have yet to return the favor." She purred. Legolas propped himself up on his elbows, moaning as her soft lips drug across his skin. She quickly undid his pants and he grabbed her arm, interrupting her.

"What are you doing?" He asked curiously. Alannah smiled before kissing him deeply but he interrupted her once again.

"Meleth nin." He whispered against her lips. "I want nothing more but we cannot."

Alannah nodded her head as she moved back down his torso.

"I know but I still wish to please you in another way." She tried to conceal her shaking hands, as she freed his hardened length from his pants. It was the first time Alannah had clearly seen his masculinity and she was taken back by its generous size.  She shyly kissed the tip before wrapping her lips around it and took him into her mouth. Legolas bit his lip as she began to move her head up and down, sucking him hard and pleasuring him in a way he had never imagined. His mind was racing as he watched her perform when suddenly, he realized he had only ever heard of mortal men speak of such an act. Anger coursed through him as he gently pushed her off and shoved himself back into his pants, frustratingly tying his tunic back closed. Alannah grew confused and embarrassed at the rejection and his clearly troubled demeanor.

"Did I do something wrong?" Alannah managed to choke out. Legolas snatched his elven cloak from the ground and secured it around his shoulders.

"Where did you learn to do that?" He asked accusingly. Alannah stumbled over her words, embarrassed to explain the book that Eowyn gave her. "Was it some way you and your friend kept warm at night during your journey to Rivendell?" He immediately regretted the words as they left his mouth when he saw the pain and humiliation cross Alannah's face. She stood to face him, landing a resounding smack across the side his fair face.

"How dare you say something so cruel? So untrue? I have never done anything with anyone but you!" She hissed before walking over to her bag and throwing it at him, causing its contents to spill over the ground as it landed at his feet. Alannah's gaze immediately gravitated to the small book as it landed in the dirt with a thud. Legolas's eye caught sight of the novella and he picked it up, opening it to the marked page assuming it was a journal of sorts. He looked at her and back at the book and tossed it aside as he walked towards her, his arms extended to her, desperate for her forgiveness.

"Alannah, I'm sorry... I..." Legolas tried to pull her close to him but she pushed him away, tears now streaming down her cheeks. It was clear he had broken her heart as well as humiliated her and he would regret it for the rest of his life. "Leave me." She said softly as she wept.

"I only just found you, I apologize Alannah, I beg you not to send me away from your side." Legolas found himself begging. In his heart he knew he was much wiser than to say or react in the way that he had. Alannah wiped the tears from her eyes as she laid back onto her cot, facing away from him. She refused to speak to him as he professed his love and regret to her. He finally gave up and laid on his mat refusing to leave her, instead beating himself up as he listened to her cry herself to sleep.

~

Early the next morning before the camp began to rouse, Legolas reached his hand out to where Alannah was sleeping intending on apologizing to her, pleasure each other, anything he could do to repair the damage he had created the night before. His hand brushed against the cold grass where her mat once lay. Legolas looked around, realizing her and her belongings were already gone. By the opening flap of the tent, she had left him a plate of eggs and a hunk of bread that he quickly ate before readying himself to break down the tent.

He packed his satchel quickly and slung his bow over his shoulders as he walked quietly around the camp in search of Alannah. It was not yet dawn, the sky darkest before the sun rising again. He heard the familiar sound of arrows flying through the air and followed it, finally finding Alannah practicing on the other side of the camp. He stood behind a tent, its occupants still sleeping soundly and watched as she practiced. Each arrow she shot flew gracefully across the distance and met its target consistently. Legolas smiled as he watched her pick up skills fast just like any other elf. When she retrieved her arrows and turned to walk back to her firing spot, his smile fell. Her eyes were swollen and rimmed with red from her restless night. He kicked himself as he thought of the cruel remark he had made to her when she was doing nothing more than trying to express her love to him somehow. Still, he watched her as she raised her bow and nocked the arrow into place once more.

Alannah paused, loosening her grip on the arrow and began to look around. She felt eyes on her and turned around to see Legolas watching her from a distance. She hastily pulled the bow over her shoulder and began walking towards him. He kept his head lowered as she approached and began to place his hand on his heart to ask for forgiveness once more but instead, she pushed past him. It took Legolas by surprise as he turned and watched her deliberately ignore him. He walked briskly to catch up to her, not willing to go into battle with any bad blood between them.

"Alannah, may I speak with you?" Legolas asked quietly as to not wake up any of the travelers. Alannah refused to look at him as she walked towards Aragorn and Gimli's tent.

"What makes you think I want to hear anything more you have to say?" She asked. It was obvious to Legolas that she was simply trying to appear cold, but truly, she yearned for him to speak to her and explain himself. He gently pulled her away from the camp, out of sight and hearing of anyone in the tall grass. They sat down facing one another, both embarrassed for different reasons.

"My behavior and words were regrettable. I insulted your honor and caused you to feel distressed in my presence. I humbly beg your forgiveness." Legolas placed his hand on his heart and bowed his head, waiting for her to respond.

"I loved Boromir like you would love Aragorn. There was never feelings of intimacy between us. I..." Alannah was interrupted as Legolas took her hands into his, tracing his finger over her silver band.

"Never will you explain yourself to me again, meleth nin. I know you are virtuous." He pulled her hands to his lips and kissed them softly. Alannah sighed softly, relieved but still seemingly troubled.

"What is it?" Legolas asked, pulling himself closer to her. She looked in the direction of Helm's Deep with a serious look on her face.

"Perhaps we should withhold from such intimacies until we wed, your father doesn't even know I exist." Alannah laid back into the grass and Legolas followed, waiting for more she had to say. "Aragorn was awake when I left the tent and I asked him more about elvish customs. It seems that I'm pretty poor for an elf. I feel like I know almost nothing of our people." She said with a half-smile. Legolas turned on his side and propped himself up on his elbow.

"There's no such thing as being a poor elf. You do not see what I see." He plucked a blade of grass and tickled the tops of her slightly pointed ears. "You look elf enough to me." He dropped his hand to her neck, caressing her smooth skin softly. "Although I agree with abstaining, I do enjoy those intimacies."

They laughed quietly together amongst the grass before falling quiet, watching the tall blades of grass sway softly in the cool morning breeze. The sun began to crest over the horizon and the sounds of the camp awaking began to drift to where they were hidden.

"There's not going to be enough men is there?" Alannah finally asked Legolas. He shook his head sadly as he stood, pulling Alannah to his feet with him. They quickly found Aragorn and Gimli and began to complete their journey when Legolas heard the two men that had spoken ill of Alannah the day before several paces back.

"Told you. They shared a tent and did you see them sneaking back to camp just now?" One man said as he annoyingly swat at a fly that flew about his head.

"Yeah, you were right. It was cold last night but they don't look that cold to me." The other responded. The two men laughed as the first one continued to wave his hand around, desperate to be rid of the pest.

Finally fed up, Legolas turned towards the men and quickly launched an arrow over his shoulder, effectively hitting the fly. The man looked at Legolas clearly shaken as he realized he was heard. Legolas stared at the man as he watched him retrieve his own arrow and nervously approach him, handing it back to the elf.

"Check your shoes, flies are most attracted to filth." Legolas remarked with a snarl before jogging to catch up with Alannah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 12.6K 42
Enemies to lovers- Boss/employee- Bickering and Bantering- Billionaire romance Second chance romance HEA romance novel If it weren't for bad luck, I'...
1M 55K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
201K 4.8K 19
Jessica has never really fit into her family. Her brother Eustace, has always been the focus in the family. Her father and mother don't really like h...
29.8K 1K 42
Kairi Aria had been working for Scotland Yard for almost a year without incident. She had been very successful in remaining unnoticed by her coworker...