Are You Happy Now?

By goofyandpluto

To grow up in a world where female shifters are rare, being one is a big deal- and thats why Cassidy hides th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Where it All Began
Chapter 2: Broken
Chapter 3: What Do You Mean She's Gone?
Chapter 4: She's So Gone
Chapter 5: You? You're The Rogue?
Chapter 6: Hunting
Chapter 7: I'm Going to Kill You.
Chapter 8: Letter Home
Chapter 9: You Need My Help
Chapter 10: Finally!
Chapter 11: I Told You So.
Chapter 12: Too Late
Chapter 13: Is This Heaven...Or Hell?
Chapter 14: Bad Move
Chapter 15: One Month Wasted
Chapter 16: Somehow, Someway, Someday
Chapter 17: Changed for the Better
Chapter 18: Time Flies
Chapter 19: Needed
Chapter 20: Here We Go Again
Chapter 21: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 22: Darkness Follows
Chapter 23: Our Second Chance
Chapter 24: Never Going To Catch A Break
Chapter 25: Training Part 2
Chapter 26: Striking
Chapter 27: Jake
Chapter 28: Hope Yet
Chapter 29: Seriously Never Ends Does It?
Chapter 30: The Price of Survival
Chapter 31: Take A Step Towards Happiness
Chapter 32: Over You... (Part 1)
Chapter 32: Over You... (Part 2)
Chapter 33: Third Time's the Charm
Chapter 35: Here We Go Again
Chapter 36: My Happy Ending?
Chapter 37: For the Last Time: Home
Chapter 38: Let's Finish This
Chapter 39: How It Should've Been
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2

Chapter 34: Finally

56.5K 1.1K 151
By goofyandpluto

Hey guys!! So my best friend has recently joined wattpad! And she has started writing this AMAZING new book called A Lightyear Away. You should all check it out, I absolutely love it! You will too! This chapter is dedicated to her: justme1623, I love you girlie<3

_________________________

(Damen's P.O.V.) 

Today is the day. Today I am finally going to ask my beautiful mate to go on a date with me; I just hope she says yes... Why would she even say no? Have I given her any reason to? No, no I haven't, not lately anyways. I've been trying my best to be the mate I should've been from the start. I am trying to make up for past mistakes while making sure that I do everything I can to keep the smile on her gorgeous face.  

Standing outside her old bedroom's door I couldn't have been any more nervous. My heart was pounding, it felt like it was beating out of my chest, and my hands were getting sweaty. Just thinking about getting rejected hurt, how could I have ever actually put her threw it? That's in the past though, we agreed to move on, but sometime very soon she would know my real reason for doing what I did, and she would finally understand. My heart was still hammering in my chest; I thought she might even be able to hear it. Get a grip Damen! I chanted to myself. You can do this. I took a deep breath and walked into the room. 

The sight I came across literally took my breath away. There was my beautiful mate smiling at her adorable little daughter. She was dressed in a simple tank top and yoga capris, hair up in a messy bun and no make-up, yet she took my breath away. She was simply stunning and she didn't even have to try. She was spinning around the adorable little Angel, who looked like she was very much enjoying herself. She was giggling that cute little giggle that seemed to instantly bring a smile to your face, making you want to laugh right along, which is exactly what my stunning mate was doing. Her laugh sounded like bells, it is the sweetest sound I have ever heard. The scene had me smiling too.  

I got so caught up in staring in awe that I didn't notice Cassidy looking my way teasingly. I'd obviously been caught checking her out, not that I minded, seeing as I have seen almost all of my delectable mate during the last month, especially during her heat. I almost wished that her heat could've lasted longer; I liked having her all to myself, no complications or drama, just us and our wolves. It took all the restraint I had not to mark her during that week, but I didn't want to mark her then. Hell yes I wanted to see my mark on her shoulder, warding off all other males, but I wanted to claim her when we completed our mating, when I knew she really accepted me and had forgiven me.  

"Hey can you come and take her for a sec? I have to just clean up from her bath. Today she learned that splashing at mommy was fun, it's her new favorite game I think." She joked.  

"Sure." I laughed. I took the little Angel from her and I couldn't help but notice that she looked so much like Cassidy and I. She could easily be taken as our daughter, hell it feels like she practically is. She is a major part of Cassidy and therefore part of me too. I almost wished she was ours biologically. Where would Cassidy and I have been had I accepted her as soon as I realized she was mine? Would we have already started a family of our own? Gotten married? Taken over the pack together? Would we - 

"Hey, you're doing it again." Cassidy interrupted my train of thought.  

"How'd you know -" I started to ask how she knew what I was thinking about but she interrupted me yet again. 

"You get this really sad look on your face. You look so sad." She walked up to me and reached up to smooth the brow I didn't even know was furrowed. "You have to stop thinking like that. You have me now, isn't that enough?" She smiled up at me sadly. 

"Of course it is, I just wished I would've had you from the start..." I trailed off, looking down at her daughter. Maybe she would be open to her being our daughter instead of just hers... I'd have to ask her. 

"I know, but how about you stop living in the past and live her where I am now?" She smiled, taking back Angel. I nodded and smiled, engulfing my two favorite girls in a giant hug.  

"So what should we do today?" Cassidy asked leading me down the hallway to the kitchen, still carrying Evangeline.  

"Actually I hoped that um maybeyoudgoonadatewithme?" I rushed out.  

She stopped and turned around, eyebrows raised. "Wanna try that one again?" She laughed.  

I took a deep breath and asked, "Would you like to go on a date with me today? You and Evangeline?" I think I held my breath until she answered. 

"Yes, we'd be honored Alpha Michealson." She laughed.  

I engulfed her into yet another hug, "You don't know how happy you've made me." I kissed her head. "I have to go get everything ready!" I said kissing her forehead and backing away. "Be ready by four o'clock okay?" I called. 

"Okay!" She laughed.  

I couldn't keep the grin from my face. 

***** 

When it was finally four o'clock I was so anxious that I thought I was going to have a panic attack. That feeling dissolved the moment I saw my mate coming down the stairs though. She was wearing a red sundress with flowers on it, flip-flops, with her hair down in loose curls. Little Evangeline was dressed in a little pink dress similar to her mommy's. She looked like a mini-Cassidy; she was precious. "You girls look amazing." I said kissing my beautiful mate on the lips a little to briefly then I would've liked. "Ready to go?" 

"May I ask where it is you're taking us?" She teased as she put Angel's little coat on, so she wouldn't get cold.  

"That my gorgeous mate is a secret." I said smiling while helping her with her coat as well. It wasn't really cold, but I'd rather her be warm and take off the coat then cold and not have it, especially where we were going.  

"You're not taking me out into the woods to kill me right?" She joked.  

"You caught me!" I said dramatically. She just swatted me on the arm. "You wound me woman." I teased, still being dramatic. 

"You're a weird one you know that?" She laughed. God, I loved her laugh. My wolf swelled with pride seeing her happy face and knowing that we were the cause of that happiness.  

"But I'm your weirdo." I said more serious than before.  

"That you are." She said smiling. She leaned up and kissed me briefly again. Damn, I don't think I'll ever get tired of that. 

I led my favorite girls to the off-road jeep I had in the garage. I had loaded up the picnic basket a little earlier so that Cassidy wouldn't necessarily see it in the back. As she got Evangeline situated and got in the jeep herself, I held up a blindfold.  

"Oh no you don't!" She said. "I don't do surprises! I've had plenty enough in my life thank you very much." She said crossing her arms stubbornly.  

"Oh just do it, I guarantee you love it." I tried to persuade, using my best pouty face.  

"How am I supposed to say no to that?" She said soundly a little annoyed.  

"You're not." I teased as I tied the blindfold on her head. I leaned down and kissed her pouty little lip, effectively making them turn from pouty to a cute little smile instead. "Much better." I teased. 

"Just drive." She laughed. 

After about ten minutes of driving I made it to the spot. I pulled Cassidy from her seat carefully making sure she wouldn't fall and then grabbed Evangeline and the picnic basket, leading and placing them all in the canoe.  

"Can I take the blindfold off yet?" Cassidy pleaded. 

"Almost." I laughed at her impatience. She just huffed and grumbled in response, making me shake my head laughing again.  

I got in the canoe myself and began rowing to my spot. It took about another five minutes, but it was definitely worth it. "Okay," I said, "You can take off your blindfold now." I told her. 

She just about ripped it off. As soon as she saw where she was, her jaw just about touched the bottom of the canoe. We were in our own little lagoon. There was a waterfall to the right of us, with the sun hitting it there was a rainbow in the mist that it produced. There were wild flowers of every kind growing on the banks and in every crevasse you could see. There was ivy and vines draped across tree limbs, looking like curtains surrounding the little paradise from the outside world. It was my personal sanctuary. I can here to think and clear my head.  

"H-How did yo-you find this place?" She asked breathlessly, looking around in awe. 

"I actually found it when you ran away... I was searching for you when I came across this little paradise, and I've come here ever since. I came here all the time when you were gone. I'd dream about bringing you here and just spend my day dreaming up different ways to get you to forgive me. I haven't been here since you got back, and I thought where else would be so perfect for our first date? But I mean if you don't like it we can go somewhere else..." I rambled by the end. But all I said was true, every word.  

"Stop." She said, cutting off my rambling. "It's perfect." She said, tears starting to brim in her eyes. "You're perfect, thank you." She said leaning forward and planting a loving kiss on my lips, making my wolf purr in reaction to her loving gesture.  

I rowed us to the little island in the middle of the lagoon and pulled the canoe ashore. I helped Cassidy and Evangeline out of the canoe, grabbed the picnic basket and led them on the beach. I set up a small blanket to sit on and set up some of the food. We shared everything, feeding each other little bites here and there. We also took turns feeding Evangeline. After we finished eating we just talked, about everything and nothing at the same time.  

"Hey Cass?" I asked. 

"Yeah?" She questioned. 

"Do you think it would be okay if we called Evangeline our daughter? Since I love her as if she was my own?" I inquired, hoping she would say yes. 

"I was under the impression she was already ours?" She said tilting her head to the side adorably.  

I laughed. "Okay then." She joined into my laughter. It was that moment it dawned on me. "I love you Cassidy." I said seriously, looking into her pools of green. "I love you more than life itself. I love your laugh and smile. I love your personality and everything about you. You don't have to say it back or anything," I said, "I just wanted you to know what you mean to me." I smiled lovingly looking up into her eyes, that once again held tears. "Shit, did I say something wrong? I'm sorry! Should I not have told you? I didn't mean to upset you. I-" I started to panic but she once again cut me off. 

"No dummy, these are tears of happiness. I love you too dummy. How could you think I wouldn't?" She said breaking out in a breathtaking smile. 

"Really? You love me?" I questioned, it seemed too good to be true. 

"Of course." She answered. I didn't waste any time pulling her onto my lap and kissing her for all it was worth. I had never felt as complete and happy as I did in that moment. Nothing could even bring me down. I was happier than I could ever imagine.  

But as soon as I thought that it started to rain. "Crap!" We quickly gathered everything back up, packed up, and raced to the canoe. But it was a little too late as we were already soaked. Evangeline didn't seem to mind though; she was looking around in awe, probably wondering what this magically wetness was and where it was coming from. She was an intuitive little one she was. We made it back to the jeep, soaked thoroughly, but happy and laughing none-the-less. We were still in our own bubble of happiness and love.  

We made it back to the pack house, dripping wet and in dire need for showers, but we made it. I pulled the jeep into the garage and we got everything out of it. Pretty much everything was wet, and it looked like Evangeline, as much as she was enjoying it before, was starting to grow tired of it. She was starting to pout, she was still adorable though. Just as we were about to walk through the door Riley came running into the garage.  

"You guys better get in there quick!" He said a little breathlessly. 

"Why what's wrong?" Cassidy asked almost immediately, tensing up and going into full Alpha mode.  

"There's a commotion in the living room, and you'll never guess who's involved." He said sarcastically. 

"Oh I can guess." Cassidy growled. "When will it ever end with her?" She stormed off into the house, passing Evangeline to Riley who just motioned for me to follow. His eyes told me he'd take care of her.  

I ran to catch up with Cassidy but she was already there. Not only had she gotten there before me she had her sister pinned up against the wall with her hand on her throat. I had a flashback to when I found her in the club and she had my man pinned up against the wall then, but this time it was different Cassidy had a feral look in her eyes. She looked ready to kill. 

"I didn't quite hear you." She growled in her sister's face. She dropped her to the ground. Her sister grabbed her throat where Cassidy's hands had just been and started coughing. "Answer me! Say it again!" Cassidy's wolf was close to the surface, anyone could see that, and it was scary. Her eyes began to turn red and she began to shake. Something was very, very wrong here. What had I missed? 

"I'm pregnant!" Briella shouted. The whole room was collectively quiet. No one made a sound. But then Briella spoke again. "And it's an Alpha heir." 

With those words Cassidy's wolf broke loose and she shifted standing up. She howled up to the moon. Her eyes quickly met mine; they were blood red and furious. But somehow, she didn't go for her sister, instead she just ran off. She jumped through the window, smashing it in the process.  

She was gone again.  

I repeat, what the hell just happened?

________________________________

Dun Dun Dunnnn.....

SOOOOOO? Do you guys hate me now? What do you think just happened? Please comment away I really want to hear what you're thinking!!

VOTE

COMMENT

ENJOY:)

-Pluto

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

732 11 27
This is about a female girl Olivia, Liv for short, that is daughter of the alpha. she is the youngest of her kind to become an alpha. she hates when...
395K 14.7K 43
C̶l̶i̶c̶h̶e̶ 𝐍𝐨 𝐖𝐚𝐲!! ʸᵒᵘ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰᵒˢᵉ ˢᵗᵒʳⁱᵉˢ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱᵗˢ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʰʸ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵒᵐᵉᵍᵃ ᵃⁿᵈ ʰᵉʳ ᵐᵃᵗᵉ ⁱˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇⁱᵍ ᵇᵃᵈ ᵃˡᵖʰᵃ? ʷᵉˡˡ ʸᵒᵘᵛᵉ ᶠᵒᵘⁿᵈ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵃ ˡⁱᵗ...
2.7M 73.1K 49
Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa and Amy have been friends all their life...
1.2M 41.5K 35
*This is written by a 14/15 year old. You have been warned* Allysa. Also known As the 'Pack Slut'. Having grown up to believe that men are creatures...