Breaking Walls | ✓

By nomadsvj

Reyes- truth or dare? Kea- truth. Reyes- do you wanna kiss me? Kea- dare. Reyes-*leans forward* I dare you to... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1 : Attracted To The Devil's Daughter
Chapter 2: Skilful Stalking
Chapter 3: Made Of Stone
Chapter 4: Intruder Alert
Chapter 5: Walking Away
Chapter 6: Losing Control
Chapter 7: Sides
Chapter 8: Mean Vanilla Milkshakes
Chapter 9: Monday blues just got real
Chapter 10: Dinner with the Devil
Chapter 11: Real Beginnings
Chapter 12: Troubled
Chapter 14: Tranquillising confessions
Chapter 15: The forgotten dream
Chapter 16: Chasing waves
Chapter 17: Reminiscing
Chapter 18 : S.O.S.
Chapter 19: The trickster
Chapter 20 : Stake Out
Chapter 21: Looking back
Chapter 22 : Wild Child.
Chapter 23: Like The Last Hangover Movie
Chapter 24: Havoc
Chapter 25: Bearing all
Chapter 26: Not without you.
Chapter 27: Possibilities
Chapter 28: Living In The Past
Chapter 29: Don't hate the player hate the game
Chapter 30: New Rules.
Chapter 31: Dare If You Must
Chapter 32: Paradise Lost; Vines and Balconies
Chapter 33: Broken Bottles
Chapter 34: Dooms Day
Chapter 35: Dooms Day Recovery
Chapter 36: I Should've Stayed In Bed
Chapter 37: I am a tree now
Chapter 38: Dear Diary
Chapter 39: Don't read this
Chapter 40: Think happy thoughts. THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS.
Chapter 41: Nothing about this can ever make someone happy
Chapter 42: Just a little while longer
Chapter 43: Half Confessions
Chapter 44: Masquerade on bourbon street
Chapter 45: Masks off
Chapter 46: AWOL
Chapter 47: Open Endings
Chapter 48: Still an open ending
Chapter 49: Talk is overrated
Chapter 50: A hero's Gamble
Chapter 51: The Shadow and the Light
Chapter 52: Sweep and weep em in rows
Chapter 53: The other side
Chapter 54: The final countdown

Chapter 13: Execution

199 29 10
By nomadsvj

Faye

Kea;

Pick me up in 5. PLEASE.                                                                                                  21m ago

Never mind I'm not coming to practice something came up                       3m ago

I was standing outside school when I took out my phone, it had beeped twice but I was in a hurry so I hadn't checked it. 

The last message had come a few minutes back and I couldn't understand what she meant. The first one looked urgent and the second calm. But they were eighteen minutes apart.

How did she go from sounding so dire to normal so quickly? It didn't make sense.

I read her first message again and I just couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong. So I called her, went straight to voicemail. I called again and still no answer, that's when the dread set in. 

The thought of Kea being in any kind of trouble no matter how big or small didn't settle well with me.

Everything went out of focus; the practice, the coach, the time. 

I got on my bike and almost crashed into Lucas on my way out of the parking lot, "Woah! Where are you going? Practice started 5 minutes ago." I looked at him but I couldn't really concentrate. I needed to see if Kea was okay.

His hands were on the fog lamps, all I could bring myself to way was, "Kea." my voice came out rough as he backed away and I sped off onto the road. I skipped every red light, zig-zagged my way through all the morning traffic. Each second felt more crucial than the last, and in record time I was in front of her house.

Forget knocking I tried pushing the door open, it was locked. I jumped into the backyard, the door there was locked too. I broke the kitchen window with my elbow and climbed in, there was an uncomfortable silence inside the house.

I heard muffled sounds, I walked further in and up the stairs when the noise became clearer. My heart sank, my body was stiff.

My hands trembled as I turned the handle to her bedroom door anxious about what I would find. There were grunts and murmurs, I could hear a guy. It could just be Kea in bed with someone but then the text came to mind and I pushed the door open without another thought and....a flash of bodies in bed.. I almost blanked out... when I heard Kea scream my name. Her eyes met mine and tears fell from them.

She was fighting him while he was on top of her. Her top was torn and his hands now held the waist of her jeans. Kea lay there raw and vulnerable.

I ran inside and dragged him away from Kea with so much force, he fell to the ground, I held him up and punched him.

I felt so much rage- everything around me became a blur, my vision focused on one thing and one thing only, the motherfucker that was still breathing. I kept punching him till he was unconscious, I kept punching him till I broke his teeth, until everything was covered with blood, I would have punched the last breath out of him but someone pulled me away. 

Lucas pulled me away and walked to the fucker that lay lifeless on the floor, he was on the phone a moment later. My gaze shifted to Kea who was holding me back or at least trying to as I struggled to get to the half-dead, bleeding bastard to finish the job, if he wasn't halfway to hell already.

Kea sat on my lap, with her legs on either side on me, in an attempt to keep me from fighting. Her lips were moving but I couldn't hear anything.

But her eyes were a different kind of vulnerable this time.

Her eyes.

I was in a different kind of trance now.

I had seen them somewhere.

I just couldn't place it.

Then she hugged me and I forgot about everything.

I picked my hands up to hug her back but they were wet and when I saw them red with my blood the scene going on in the background slowly became hazy. I felt tired all of a sudden, the room spinning out before it all went black.

..

I woke up in a hospital room.

Oh sure, just what I need.

They would have called my father by now.

Any moment I was gonna get a call from him, saying how disappointed he was yet again that I was in trouble yet again that landed me in a hospital yet fucking again.

I was getting bored of this routine.

Why was I in a hospital anyway, if anything I should be in jail that would be a nice change for my father. 

In jail for the murder of a bastard named Aiden. I clenched my jaw at the thought of him, at the image in my head of how I had found Kea.

Kea.

Kea!

Where was she?

had been so preoccupied with wanting the cunt dead I hadn't paid attention to how she was. My hand balled up and I winced at the sudden pain, that's when I noticed the plaster on my right hand and the bandage on my left.

I didn't care but I got why I was here now.

I pressed the button next to my bed and in less than a minute a nurse came in. She was a sweet looking lady and reminded me of my grandma. 

"Oh great you're up! Someone has been very worried about you, she's very pretty." She gave me a warm smile. 

Worried about me? Well, that was definitely a first.

I smiled back.

"Also darling when you feel up for it, the police would like to talk to you regarding the incident."

Of course they would. 

But the truth was I felt no remorse for killing a man. You'd think if you killed someone for the first time you'd feel some kind of repentance but I felt nothing but satisfaction that he was dead and that I had killed him.

But I wanted to see Kea before I got locked up. "Is there any way, I could see the girl waiting for me, before the police?"

"Of course sweetie." She smiled and walked out.

A few minutes later, Kea walked in. Her hair tousled, features exhausted.

How long had I been out? Had she been waiting all this while?

"Five hours."

"What?" I asked her putting on a weak smile.

"You've been unconscious for five- tormenting- hours. Where I couldn't sit still, I couldn't think, I couldn't breathe until now, you fucking moron." She had closed the distance between us. 

Up close I could see how swollen her eyes were; how pale, her face; how parched, her lips.

My heart ached at the sight of her. 

I motioned toward the spot next to me on the bed, "If it's okay with you, I'd like you closer to me." Without a word she came and lay next to me as she held my plastered hand and put her head on my shoulder.

"For a moment there I thought I lost you, I was so scared you were gonna kill him." She said looking at me.

I shot up, pulling away, "Wait he's alive?" I didn't wait for a reply, "not for much longer." 

I got off the bed and held the side table, suddenly light headed, something clattered to the ground. Once my vision cleared I tried to reach the door but Kea got in my way. 

The commotion brought a nurse who stabbed me with an injection when I refused to co-operate.

Where the hell did she keep finding ways to bring people in to control me?

First with Lucas in her room and then with this nurse. 

Its like she didn't want me to murder Aiden. 

She also needed to realise I didn't need anybody else to calm me, those eyes would do the trick every single time.

But the thing was those eyes were also my downfall. I had come undone when I had seen tears in them when the lowlife had been... Oh, motherfucker.. I couldn't even think it, let alone say it.

I wanted the son of a bitch dead.

But right now I saw black skies and Kea's concerned face fog in front of my eyes.

Oh, darn it.

I was praying it wasn't the tranquillising kind of injection.

I had done that shit and it just made me too honest for my own good. But it felt good to float in the clouds.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 12.1K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...
1.2M 24.6K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
4.1M 103K 79
#1 in Popular 29th March 2020 #1 in Teen Romance 19th Oct 2019 & September 08 2020 #1 in Bad Boy on 17th Oct 2019 #1 in Teen Love on 15th Oct 2019 #1...
3.3M 109K 42
Bad boys/ players. I hate them, they think they can just walk around and get any girl they want. Well hello, not every single fucken girl...