Coffee and Books 1

Από ilse_writes

The people of Asgard are looking for a new home. They get a warm welcome on Earth, except for Loki. He is tre... Περισσότερα

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
The Coffee & Books series
Other Marvel / Loki stories by me
A big thank you!
What do you want to see in Coffee & Books book 3?

Chapter 33

13.5K 594 524
Από ilse_writes

There is no way I can catch the God of Mischief, who runs down the stairs with an agility you would not suspect in such a tall man. He even cuts a corner by jumping over the railing to the other flight of stairs.

He's by the door to the hallway, waiting for me. "Took you long enough," he repeats my line from earlier.

I just roll my eyes and push past him into the hall. A glass door leads to the gym. To my right and left are doors to locker rooms, straight ahead is a big room with a mat like in a dojo. On the right side there are boxing bags hanging from the ceiling and I spot some weights in the corner. On the other side is another glass wall with doors, leading to a room with fitness equipment. I spot a couple of treadmills, bikes and some other cardio fitness equipment. There is a floor to ceiling window in the back wall and the treadmills are overlooking the city. Now that's what you call running with a view! It certainly beats the view I have in my gym.

Loki takes me to the middle of the mat and starts showing me some moves I can use in situations like last night. First, he teaches me how to block when someone tries to grab me. I'm not feeling that great, but I try my best. I think it's sweet that Loki wants to teach me how to defend myself. He really is taking this seriously, calling for my attention whenever my focus wanderers. And he takes care to avoid my recently injured shoulder as much as he can.

Next up is getting away from someone who grabs you from behind. Loki teaches me how to grab and twist a wrist, break free and twist the arm of my attacker to his back.

"Come on, Ylva, put some strength in it! You're not going to hurt me," he urges me on.

I try another couple of times, really putting my weight in, before putting my hands on my knees. "I need a break," I pant.

"Alright." Loki walks to the locker room and comes back with two bottles of water. He tosses me one and I just barely catch it.

"Whose gym is this?" I ask, wiping my mouth after drinking big gulps of water.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. uses it during the week. And we do, mostly on the weekends."

"It looks better than the gym I go to," I tell Loki, gesturing to the well equipped work out room around me.

"You work out? I couldn't tell," he smirks and I toss my empty bottle to his head in response. He easily steps aside, not blinking an eye.

God, the smile on that man! It's enough to make me weak in the knees. All this body to body contact is also just fuel for my imagination. He is teaching me how to fend him off, but there is a voice in the back of my head that is saying he can just have his way with me.

It's just a short break before Loki stands in front of me on the mat again. "Try to get on top of me," he orders me.

I blink, my brain going into overdrive. Did he just...?

"Come one, Ylva! Try to floor me," Loki repeats impatiently, not aware of the non-appropriate direction my thoughts have taken.
The next second I'm on my back myself, floored by Loki in one swift movement. He only holds back the moment before my head would have hit the mat, holding me by my left arm and my waist.
"Now you try," he says, pulling me to my feet again.

"Oy, Loki! I remember a time when you didn't have to tackle a lady to make her fall for you!" Thor's booming laughter fills the room. He and Heimdall come in, Thor carrying a big bag and Heimdall is holding two long leather sheaths.

"Are those swords?" I ask Loki curiously from behind his back. I'm half hidden behind him, as he didn't release my hand when he turned to face the newcomers.
He doesn't reply, he's too busy giving Thor the evil eye. I roll my eyes and tug on his hand. "Come on, I would think you are used to his stupid jokes after a thousand plus years," I whisper to the dark haired prince.

When he shifts his gaze to me, I stick out my tongue. That gets an eye roll out of him, but at least he's not glaring angrily at Thor anymore. I wonder how many times his pride has gotten the better of him over the past era's. More often than I could count, probably.

"Good morning, lady Ylva," Heimdall greets me, craning his head a little more than necessary to look at me standing behind Loki. I think he finds it funny to see me with him. I just smirk and wave.

The two Asgardians put their stuff on the floor next to the wall and go into the fitness room.

"Gods on a treadmill, that's something you don't see everyday," I quip, giving Loki a little push.

The Trickster suddenly blocks me, picks me up by my arms and presses me with my back against the wall. He puts a hand on the wall on either side of my head and his left knee blocks my path on that side.
"Now, try to joke your way out of this," Loki says a tad menacing, his face just a little higher than mine.

Although he shocked me with the sudden move, my heart is particularly racing because he is close enough to kiss. From the corners of my eyes I can see Thor and Heimdall running on the treadmills, their faces to the city.

"Well!?"

Loki sounds impatient and a little mad, but I'm positive that's just his hurt pride from earlier. So I stand on my toes and give him a quick peck on his lips. When he moves back in surprise I take my chance to grab his wrist, dive under his arm to break free and twist his arm against his back.

Of course a trained fighter like the prince of Asgard isn't defeated so easily and before I know it he has pivoted around, shoving me off my feet in the same movement. I'm on my back on the mat again, this time Loki straddling me, his hands holding down my left wrist next to my head and my right to my chest.

He bends over to whisper in my ear, his lips grazing my skin. "Be careful what you wish for."

I turn my head to face him, his green eyes are blazing and his face is just an inch away from mine. All of a sudden he turns his head to the door and jumps to his feet. Now what? I lift myself on my elbows, grimacing when pain shoots through my shoulder. Loki's defence class has taken its toll.

"Are you okay?" Loki squats next to me, helping me sit upright. I nod, rubbing my shoulder.

Then I spot the blonde woman who walks in the gym.
"Hey, Sharon!" I greet her. There is a man behind her I've never seen before. But he's wearing a S.H.I.E.L.D. T-shirt just like her, so I guess he's an agent too.

"Hi Ylva! I did not expect to see you here!" Sharon says cheerily, walking over to us. Loki doesn't look at her, he keeps his eyes on me, his hand on my shoulder.
"Did you hurt yourself?" the blonde agent asks, looking down on me a little worried.

"I overextended myself, that's all."

Sharon looks from me to Loki. "Is he teaching you how to fight?" There's a weird edge to her voice, almost like Loki really is not supposed to be doing this. I wonder why.

"It's just self defence," I explain. "I ran into a creep last night."

Loki helps me to my feet. His face is closed up again, he's really not pleased about the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents showing up. Sharon's colleague walks to the fitness room, where Thor and Heimdall just got off the treadmills.

"You know," Sharon smiles, "a man is never going to show you the really dirty tricks. If you want, I can show you! But, I would need a volunteer," she adds with a wide grin. Judging by Loki's face, he is not up for that task.

"Volunteer for what?" Thor asks curiously, walking up to the mat.

"Sharon needs some help to show me how to fight off a guy with bad intentions. Maybe you could play the creepy dude?" I suggest to the God of Thunder.

"I am happy to be the ladies of service," Thor answers with a small bow and he goes with Sharon to the middle of the mat.

Thor is a good sport, letting Sharon kick his ass. She shows me how to hit the soft spots in the most effective way. Of course she is holding back with Thor, but it can't be that pleasant. Because of my sore shoulder, I am content to just watch. Sharon explains each move to me in detail, doing it first in slow motion and then in real speed. Loki stands a few feet behind me, his arms crossed, a small smile on his face when Sharon accidentally hits Thor a little too hard.

When Sharon is done, I thank her for her demonstration and she goes over to join her colleague in the fitness room.

Thor walks over to Loki and slaps him on the shoulder. "When you are done fighting like a girl, why don't you take on a real challenge?"

Heimdall walks to the two leather sheaths and hands one to Thor. Both men unsheath their swords in one swift movement, taking a fighting stance.
Turning around each other they block and parry blow after blow. I think the swords are blunt, but they could still hurt each other badly with those huge weapons!
Heimdall is the more graceful swordsman, using the long sword as if it's just another limb of his body. Thor is more straightforward and uses his strength. Still, the gods are a real match to each other, fighting for over ten minutes straight. When they find themselves at a tie, a sword to each throat, they step back and give each other a small bow.

"Your turn, Loki!" Thor booms and Heimdall offers the Trickster his sword. I can see Sharon and her partner, who are now working the boxing bags, throw an alarmed look at the four of us.

"Uh oh," I chuckle, "I don't think S.H.I.E.L.D. likes the idea of handing Loki a sword."
The agents probably didn't catch my words, as Sharon is still punching the bag her colleague holds still for her, but the three gods heard me just fine. Thor looks a bit shocked at my careless joke, but Heimdall just smiles and lowers the sword. Loki gives me a slightly amused look, maybe even a little proud. The irony doesn't escape me. Don't give the criminal a weapon. I actually think it's funny. Man, I really have warped morals around Loki!

"Like I would need a sword, brother," the Trickster tells Thor haughtily, with a sparkle of mischief in his eyes. He's having fun with the situation.

"Alright, how about these?" Thor unzips the big bag he came in with and takes out two leather clubs. They're short and stubby and remind me a little of those heavy old leather balls, but with a handle attached.

Loki shakes his head. "You can pick whatever weapon you want, I don't need one to beat you."

Thor grins broadly. "Oh, you're on, little brother!"

And Loki indeed doesn't take anything to the mat. He does tape his hands and wrists in preparation, preventing the metal bracelets from moving around or snatching on anything.
Loki and Thor are wearing sweatpants and T-shirts, but that doesn't diminish their letal looks when they take a fighting stance. Thor is loosely swinging one of the leather clubs in his hand and Loki looks like he is ready to pounce at any second, but he waits until Thor is the first to attack.

From there on it is both beautiful and scary to watch. Loki is cunning, getting as much on Thor's blind side as he can. He is making the God of Thunder twist and turn, but Thor is dangerous with that club, even with only one eye.

"They won't kill each other, right?" I whisper to Heimdall, never taking my eyes off the spectacle in front of me.

"They have never done before," Heimdall answers dryly.

That is not really comforting and I watch with a little worry how the two gods continue to fight each other. Unlike the fight between Thor and Heimdall there is a lot more body to body combat between the brothers. And they don't hold back! They each end up on the mat multiple times, but always manage to get up before the other can pin them down. At one moment Thor manages to smash Loki with his club, just when the Trickster is in mid air. Loki crashes to the mat pretty hard, Thor's heavy club pressing to his chest.

He grimaces from the blow and extends his hand to his brother. "Alright, you win."

Thor smiles and grabs his brothers hand, lifting the club from Loki's chest. In the same instant Loki kicks his legs up, pulling hard on Thor's arm. He sends the God of Thunder flying over his head, meaning to get up as soon as Thor's back is to the mat. But Thor keeps a hold of Loki's arm in the air and suddenly his hand sparks up with blue lightning. He sends a lightning bolt through his brother and they both end up on their backs on the mat, panting and groaning. I actually grabbed Heimdall's arm in shock and he chuckles when I pry my fingers away from his biceps.

When they scramble upright, Thor with a grin, but Loki very much not amused, Heimdall steps between them.
"Let's call it a tie, shall we?" The dark man flicks his eyes meaningful to the two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents on the other side of the room. They have stopped their work out to watch the sparring gods closely.

Loki checks himself, his face neutral again. "A tie it is."

* Art found on Deviant Art, by Mind-Wolf.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

20.8K 618 51
Asgard was once a happy place for Freya but after her mother was murdered everything seemed dark and sluggish. Freya lived with her horrible neighbou...
8.5K 343 32
You're a very powerful being due to a curse from millions of years ago. You're from a universe where magic is bad and dishonorable. So...
13.3K 604 33
"Lia, I have always given you what you wanted. This is the first time I want something from you. Can't you just do that for me?" "Alright Tony. I'll...
279K 9.2K 42
"(Y/n)." (Y/n)'s surroundings changed. She was in the Asgard throne room, Loki in front of her. "(Y/n) you must leave Thor, so that you may come home...