A Vampire's Marine (boyxboy)

By DoUbLeZone

When a master class vampire decides he wants a certain marine by his side then nothing; not even that marine'... More

Author's Notes
Prologue: Departure.
Chapter 1: Battlefield
Chapter 2: Vamp moods
Chapter 3:Denial, Guilt, Shame...love.
Chapter 4: Kaio's Patient
Chapter 5: Before the present
Chapter 6: The flesh is weak.
Sneak Peek for Chapter 7
Chapter 7: Before the court.
Chapter 8: Decisions
Chapter 9: The spirit of the coven.
Chapter 10: Use of Force.
Chapter 11: His sick bed.
Chapter 12: Plans and Schemes
Chapter 13: Sleep deprived
Chapter 15: Recollections of the past.
Chapter 16: Snow White and My Prince.
Chapter 17: While you were away.
Chapter 18: The hunted.
Bonus chapter: Giving in.
Chapter 19: The shapes in the clouds.
Chapter 20: The Ant and his escort.
Chapter 21: Night Life.
Bonus Chapter: All good things must come to an end.
Chapter 22: Consequences.
Chapter 23: Plans and Schemes.
Chapter 24: Dear Rien.
Chapter 25: My brother; the snake.
Chapter 26: Low spirits all 'round.
Chapter 27: Breakfast routine
Chapter 28: Discovery bay.
Chapter 29 : In-flight
Chapter 29 continued...
Chapter 30: Human of the wolf pack.
Chapter 31: As he lay dying.
Chapter 32: My promise to the world.
Chapter 33: My brothers; his saviors.
Chapter 34: In transition
Chapter 35: My Keeper. My Savior. My King.
Chapter 36: Soon it will pass...
Chapter 37: Let us howl at the moon...
Chapter 38: Schemes and Plans
Chapter 39: Betrayal
Chapter 40: Some Are Born Great.
Chapter 41: What lies within
Mini bonus Chapter
Chapter 42: A little bit of your attention
Sneak Peek for chapter 43
Chapter 43: The blue room and the brothers.
Chapter 44: The Universe Has Won.
Chapter 45: Zahir
Chapter 46: The calm before the storm
Chapter 47: Immortality
Chapter 48: In the throes of war
Chapter 49: Target Practice
Chapter 50: Heir to the Throne
Chapter 51: Clandestine Lover
Chapter 52: First Son.
Chapter 53: Kandane
Chapter 54: The S.S. Christoah
Chapter 55: Primary Objective
Chapter 56: Damascus and Demetrius
Chapter 57: Our Future Together
Chapter 58: Sweet Mary
Chapter 59: Brother Dearest

Chapter 14: We need to talk.

62.4K 2.4K 478
By DoUbLeZone

Chapter 14

~Rien’s POV~

They were like little monkeys, swinging from branch to branch as we made our way through the thick forestry. I could sense their thrill, the excitement pumping through their veins and it disappointed me that they would find delight in what we were about to do.

Over the short period I had been gone my coven had transformed from the simple warriors they had once been into a savage lot. Their willingness to destroy the lives and homes of our fellow blood drinkers was telling and I questioned my father’s ability to lead.

Far up ahead I could see my brothers walking alongside our father, listening and nodding while he spoke. They were as much to blame for this as he was, but I suppose I was too. Had I been here living amongst my people rather than squatting in the world of humans I could have prevented all this.

I clasped my hands behind me, turning my head this way and that to survey the area. If my father craved land so much he could have taken this one. It was no man’s land, ripe and ready for the taking, but of course most of the time my father’s decisions were…unreasonable at best and I wondered how one so wise could make such foolish choices.

Around me, other blood drinkers walked and I guessed that the ones jumping around in the trees had something they wished to prove.

The fools. They would likely tire themselves out before we arrived, but perhaps it would allow our brother coven some leeway to freedom. Or they could use our weakness against us to harm my men and despite my unwillingness to fight the innocent, I could not allow our own warriors to come to harm.

“Get down from the trees.” I spoke softly and as expected one by one they all jumped to the ground, proceeding to make their way like the rest of us.

On either side of me walked two warriors, who had remained with me since the beginning of the journey and who ever so often would shoot me small glances. Three times now the one to my right had opened his mouth to speak and all three times he had changed his mind. I would be lying if I said it wasn’t getting just a tad annoying.

It was the warrior on my left who finally seemed to build the courage to say what was on his mind and even then it wasn’t particular interesting.

“It is truly an honor to walk alongside you my Lord, I am Hubris and this is my brother Paltin.” He said gesturing to the warrior on my right.

Their father must have been inebriated when he named then. I offered a short nod, which seemed to please them considerably.

“I have long wished to find myself in your presence my Lord. We both have.” Hubris continued and this time I merely listened halfheartedly.

After brief hesitation he went on. “My brother and I…we have put our blood signatures to your parchment sir, we will fight in your mating ceremony.”

It was only then that I really looked at the two. Each had large frames, perfectly capable it seemed, with faces that were pleasing enough to the eye. They seemed to make good warriors but really one could never tell without some skillful demonstration.

“You would fight your brother for a place by my side?” I questioned Hubris, whose chest puffed up with pride.

“I would my Lord, it would be an honor.”

“And you do of course realize that it is a fight to the death. You would slay your own brother for me?” I asked Paltin, who stammered out a response.

“Y-yes of course sire.”

That was their first flaw. They had no loyalty to family.

Strike one.

“Tell me familiars, what do you think of this excursion my father has taken us on? Do you think it right that we should enter the lands of our innocent brethren and take by force what they have worked for?”

Paltin looked uncertainly at Hubris who in turn looked at me and after only the briefest of hesitations he responded.

“It is as our leader said my Lord, only the strongest can survive this world and it is our right to take what we can to satisfy our people.” Hubris explained.

“Yes, but I asked what it is that you think, you have merely regurgitated my father’s words.”

“Well…I think as he does my Lord.”

Another flaw, he did not think for himself.

I looked at Paltin who looked ready to throw up his dinner. “And you?”

“I-I-I...I merely think it is a necessary evil sire.”

“A necessary evil. Hmm… Explain.”

The lad was a ball of nervous energy as he walked along side me, eyes wide, heart pounding.

“It…it just is my Lord.” He answered finally and I nodded.

An idiot then.

Strike two

“Let me ask you both this then. Why me?”

“My Lord?” Hubris questioned in confusion.

“Why me? Why have you chosen to partake in my mating ceremony? To slay your own brother for me when you have never exchanged a word with me until this moment?”

“Well because you are of the master class my Lord, any familiar would give their very life for the chance to be called yours.”

I thought on that and I was unsatisfied with their response. They wanted status of course, what more was there. After all they did not know me, not at all.

“I have a final question for you both.”  I said looking at each brother in turn.

“If one of you were to be successful and come to be called my mate. To whom would you pledge your loyalty? To me? Or would you still obey my father before all others?”

It took them longer than expected to answer and even when they did they seemed terribly uncertain.

“Y-You my lord?” they both stammered out the response and I shook my head.

“Strike three.” I said softly and Hubris glanced my way.

“I beg your pardon my Lord?”

I shook my head, then waved a hand out in front of me. “Walk ahead with the others.” I commanded to which they did with only brief hesitation and without question.

Why would I want my mate to obey me? What I wanted was his love as an equal, not a slave. I needed someone who held intelligence, who would not be afraid to question my decisions, someone who could ignite that flame buried deep within me.

My gaze travelled to the brothers now walking a few steps ahead of me and I felt a pang of loss. If I were to hazard a guess, everyone competing in the ceremony were all just as ill matched for me as those two. Not one would come close to my true mate Tony. Not one would stir my passion and turn my heart as he did. Not one could truly be called mine.

These thoughts led me back to earlier today when I had found him asleep in my bed. His scent in my lonely bedchamber was a welcome change and I smiled as I imagined being greeted by his lingering smell when I returned.

At the time I hadn’t wondered why it was that he had come to be asleep there and I suppose it was just my surprise at his presence really that knocked the question from my mind but it had certainly been the most beautiful sight. My Tony, how I had become putty in his hands.

“Assemble into formation men.” Kandane commanded and I shifted my thoughts to the present.

We were quickly approaching the Far lands. I had hoped to prevent the coming destruction but with such short notice, Nathaniel and I discovered there was not much we could do after all. Warning our Far land brothers could have two possible outcomes: they could flee or they could prepare themselves for war, in which case my own coven could face injury.

That, we had agreed could not be allowed, so with only two short hours to plan we had absolutely nothing to show for it. My objective here this night was to aid as many of our Far land brethren as I could without being seen and given the size of our clan it would be a difficult feat indeed.

I moved between the men and they shifted quickly to allow me pass. When I came to match my brother Jorlon’s pace he nodded in greeting.

“Ready brother?” he asked, a strange look entering his eyes.

“Even if I’m not, it would make no difference.” I said and we fell silent.

Not far up ahead we could see the massive gates bordering the Far lands. Open wide as if in invitation which struck me as odd the moment I glimpsed them. However not a sound was uttered as we trudged along and I surveyed the area around us looking for any visible signs of danger.

When we were close enough, my clan took to the walls, hopping onto the thin bricks which would allow them a better view of the territory. I watched as one blood drinker sniffed the air from his perch before his brows furrowed in confusion.

Even from where I stood just outside the gates, the scent of the blood drinkers within the walls should be somewhat overpowering but all I could catch was a faint whiff of their scent, as if…as if there was no one there and what was left were traces of what had been.

My father called out the order and we descended, entering the territory full force, prepared to do battle, however, what greeted us was not a coven of vampires, but buildings, clearly empty of its inhabitants and I fought back a smile. Nathaniel must have found a way to warn them.

“What is this?” my father bellowed. “Search the dwelling places!” but we all knew that there was nothing to be found. I could hear no heartbeat nor smell any trace of warm blood. It had been deserted; not very long ago it would seem.

…………………………………….

It didn’t take very long before our own coven’s flags were hoisted on the property but even this did not please my father who believed success could only come if it was won through fighting. He had wanted the bloodshed, craved it even and it angered him that it was not to be.

“You should be glad of your victory father. We got precisely what we came for with not even a ruffle in our coats.” I told him and of course he scoffed.

“This is not a victory Riener, this is nothing more than a disappointment.”

He looked at me then, his eyes travelling from my face to my boots and back before his mouth tightened. “There is one thing I cannot understand and it has just now come to my attention.” He began and I raised a brow.

“And what is it you fail to understand father?”

“I was of the belief that this mission would hold no interest for you. After all you have never been concerned with much regarding this coven and now, on the very night of the raid you have joined us and on this night that you have so willingly offered your assistance our enemies have fled. Tell me, what could this mean?”

I smiled and looked around the empty courtyard. “I fail to see any underlying meaning behind the circumstances. It is just ill luck that on the night I have chosen to partake, there was nothing to partake in.”

His eyes narrowed. “You worry me Riener. Notice of this incursion was only relayed to our clansmen and your brothers. I clearly stated that it should be kept within the walls of my court, yet you came knowing full details of my plan. How did such a thing come to be?”

My smile wilted. “If you are accusing me of something father, I would rather you not tarry with it. Say your piece.”

His eyes darkened. “How did you come to know of my plans?”

“I fail to see how that matters.”

“I told him father. I thought he might like to come along so I made mention of it earlier today.”Jorlon spoke on my behalf, surprising me with his lie.

I glanced at him but he did not looked my way.

“This is the truth?” father continued his interrogation and I nodded.

“Why would he lie?”

Why indeed. After looking briefly between us, he managed to swallow the story and for the moment at least his suspicion shifted from me. Jorlon had lied for me, something he had certainly never done before, but more importantly why had he lied? I would think he would be just as curious as our father to find out if I had betrayed them.

My eyes narrowed and when they found him again he nodded infinitesimally. We would discuss it later. This was certainly proving to be an interesting night.

………………………………

To my surprise we did not tarry very long in the Far lands but I suppose father wanted to deal with the issue of the absent coven as quickly as possible. I imagined no one would rest tonight as he interrogated the clan. After marking the territory as best we could we were off again, hardly a fruitful trip I decided. A complete waste of time; time that could have been spent doing something more to my taste.

The men were in a somber mood as we made our way back and the tree hoppers from earlier no longer seemed as delighted as they had been. Then of course there were my brothers, who with the exception of Kandane seemed to be in good spirits. It was something I carefully noted for later.

I thought of Tony as I walked, glad that I would be able to make it back to him earlier than estimated. It was just after midnight but I doubted he would be asleep. Ever since I’d brought him to my home I had realized how difficult he found it to rest and I remembered reading something about the impact war could have n the human mind.

I found it unfortunate that humans had to live with such frail bodies only to have their minds equally subject to such frailty. It was one of the reasons I found it just to feed on them; after all even a slight twisting of the wind could break them, so giving up their bodies as vessels through which vampires could consume their blood meant that they were at least able to serve some purpose in their very short lives.

Or at least it was how I used to think, before I met Tony and he taught me that humans held so much more than blood within them; that they could actually be more than my prey.

 I sped through the forestry, past the trees, over the roots and around the brush far ahead of the others as I made for the coven. I did not wish to spend the journey back with them. I had much to do tonight.

…………………….....................

~Tony’s POV~

Rien was back.

I could hear him with Kaio down the hall and I didn’t know what to do with myself. The kiss from earlier was still painfully fresh in my mind, bringing back memories of kisses from the past, kisses and feelings I didn’t want to remember. I paced the room, arms crossed over my chest and head down. Every sound I heard caused a stressful spike in my heart rate when I thought it was Rien passing by my door or stopping by to wish me good night.

This was ridiculous, a grown man and here I was acting like a fucking teenage girl. I felt hot and I tried to pull the neck line of the shirt away from my chest to allow some cool air in. It was no use. Everything was just…shit. I shouldn’t have gone into his room to begin with, should have just turned around and found something else to do with my time, then I wouldn’t be dealing with all these unwelcome feelings.

I froze when I heard a thud outside my door and held my breath, waiting to see what would happen next, but whoever it was walked by and I could breathe again.

“Get a hold of yourself.” I whispered over and over as I tried to get my breathing under control. This was just Rien, the same blood sucker who’d abandoned me for five years, the same Rien who was going to have some mate picked out for him in a few weeks, just the same old Rien who would be out of my life forever as soon as I was allowed to leave. What did it matter if he happened to drop by to say goodnight? it would be just like all the other nights. It wouldn’t matter.

I took a deep breath and resumed my pacing, so caught up in my confusing thoughts that I somehow missed the silent knock on my door as well as the creaking as it was pushed open.

“Your heart is pounding at a fairly unusual rate tonight. Are you feeling ill?” I gasped when I heard the voice close behind me and clutched at my chest in surprise.

“Jesus! Don’t fucking do that!”

“What’s wrong?” Rien asked seriously, looking at me in concern and I fought back a nervous chuckle.

“Nothing…what are you d-doing here?”

His gaze travelled over the length of me and his brows furrowed. “I came to wish you goodnight, as I always do. Why were you pacing?”

I sighed running a hand over my face in frustration. Then looked at them as they shook. “It helps me think.”

“What are you thinking about?”

“None of your damn business, are we done here?” I came off sounding like a dick. I knew it but I couldn’t help it. Everything was just so bloody frustrating and I was feeling shit I wasn’t supposed to feel and and…

“I have endured your anger, disregard and disrespect since the moment I pulled you back from war. I decided you had the right to act this way and I should give you time, but this is getting ridiculous.” Rien spoke softly, his voice cold and his eyes glinting dangerously and my instincts screamed at me to take a few steps back, but I was frozen in place by his stare.

“This ends tonight. Sit.” He commanded, shoving a chair in my direction which I caught quickly before it could topple over.

“What are you-”

“Sit.” This time his tone brooked no argument and I felt an unfamiliar frisson of fear travel up my spine.

I looked at the chair, then back at him and kept my eyes fixed on his face as I lowered myself into the seat. Then I watched as he calmly pulled up another, placing it a foot away, but directly in front of me and lowering himself into it.

“We shall sit here for however long it takes you to get it all off your chest, after which time we shall end this feud or whatever it is between us because frankly I am sick of it.”

I took in the tight set of his mouth, his cold glinting eyes and his rigid posture. He was dead serious. I gritted my teeth and looked away.

                                                             AUTHOR' NOTES

THERE YA GO GUYS, HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE 'CHILL' CHAPTER.

THANKS FOR READING!

REMEMBER FAN ART IS WELCOME

CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY 'SKITTLES' AS WELL AS MY STORY 'CELL MATES.'

FOLLOW ME ON TUMBLR @ http://www.tumblr.com/blog/twinzdouble FOR UPDATES AND SNEAK PEEKS!

-DoUbLe.A

-unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7M 351K 47
Highest rank - #1 in Vampire ** In a world far beyond human imagination, into the deep roots of the vampire realm he ruled. For over a century, he's...
28.7K 1.2K 55
She was seated next to the window seat. Strangely, I've been seeing her every day on my way to work, either in the morning or at night, either crossi...
7.9M 331K 67
One of his hands slides underneath my dress and between my thighs, trying to separate them. I press them together harder, and see his facial expressi...
5.9K 202 9
𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤 has a beautiful and sweethearted mate and wife that he managed to keep hidden until 1956 after the day he found her tra...