The Naive Princess

By Abha3006

''People say you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Truth is, you knew what you had, you just never... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter -18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Epilogue

Chapter 10

10.3K 694 24
By Abha3006

Adi

''Have a great day!'' I wished Raksha as I dropped her off to University on Monday morning. She decided to stay over Sunday night and directly go for her classes. Well I was glad having more time with her.

''What's great about classes? '' She replied soured. ''Does anyone like studying?'' she said with a curled lip.

''What makes you grumpy?''

''Why is weekend that short?'' She whined like a child, stomping her feet. I chuckled and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, ''the answer is to make the wait for another weekend beautiful. Now off you go, I will see you soon.''

''Adi, I want to ride Ivory.'' She suddenly expressed her desire with shinning eyes.

''She isn't easy. I have others too, you can chose the calm one.'' I suggested, knowing what Ivory had done to unwanted riders in the past.

She shook her head, ''I am not concerned, I have you.'' She replied , her eyes locked with mine. With a sweet smile she stepped out walking away and I sat there gawking at her retreating form. Is she dropping hints or I am reading too much. Taking a deep breath I turned back to face the front to find Jordon glaring at me. I smiled in acknowledgement but he turned his eyes away ignoring my greeting. That felt weird. Ignoring him, I asked my chauffeur to drive. I had many meetings coming up for the day.

***

''Mom, I will when time is right.'' I replied slightly frustrated over the call with my mother. She never forgets to remind me that I am growing old. After talking to her, I feel as if I would lose my hair and dentures in minutes. She keeps scaring me about not getting married. She is one stubborn Royal and takes pride in begin that. She was never in favour of me having a business in London. She wanted me back the moment I completed my studies to look over our lands and properties. I know its my duty , but I wanted to experience something of my own. Now, I am all the way more scared to visit home. She might have gathered a crowd of eligible girls for me to choose one. But I have already chosen the one long back. ''Fine, I will look into it.''

''Don't you dare sound bore on me son. All I want is your happiness, so better follow my instructions.'' She warned

''Yes Mom! Anything else?''

''Yes, I would prefer if you move that girl Anjali and her daughter to some other place. '' I was alert now. We have had many discussions or rather arguments on this topic in the past and I have told her number of time that Anjali will not be moving out. Yet she keeps on pushing me to do it.

''She won't and I don't want any further discussion on the same.''

''That woman and her daughter are living on your money.'' Mom sounded agitated

''Anjali is earning of her talents. She is amazing at her work and I am paying her for job, and Mom I am grown up enough to take my decisions . Stay out of my life.'' With that I disconnected angry at her unkind words. Just because a woman is leaving off without the man and is friendly with another doesn't mean she is a gold digger. I laud and respect Anjali for what she is. After suffering two years of her abusive marriage she had the determination to give Anika a beautiful like, as a friend I am going to support her in all ways I can.

''May be I should move out.'' My eyes snapped at the cabin door as I found my best friend standing with a hurt written on her face. Quickly moving I pulled her in, locking the door.

''Now, you don't start.'' I warned

''Anika is growing ....'' I raised my palm shutting her off. Taking her hands in mine trying to be as calm as I could, ''Anika isn't just dear to you, I and James love her equally. Anjali, questions fingers comments and judgement will be there till we pay attention to it. Its better to ignore what's not good for us. And I don't want to discuss this further.''

''Fine, you have a meeting in 5'' She said , but sounded unconvinced. Smiling I pulled her nose hard. She groaned in pain punching my stomach. We were cribbing like kids when my cabin door flew open with a jerk. Raksha stood at the door watching us with suspicious eyes. ''I should have knocked.'' She didn't appear that she meant those words

''I was anyways leaving. See you Adi'' Anjali left after greeting Raksha with a smile. Raksha kept her eyes on Anjali, till she disappeared in her bay. ''I know her dress is nice and she looks amazing.'' Her fiery brown eyes snapped at me I said those words deliberately to let Raksha know that I understood her unsaid emotions.

''Yes, she seemed to be a head turner . I could see the males practically dropping her to her bay with their eyes. ''

That sounded rude. I frowned staring at her face, what conspired in these hours that the girl who left my house happy jolly in the morning come back to me with a foul mood. Whatever it is, I can't stand sarcasm.

''Why are you here?'' I know it was rude

''You aren't pleased to have me here?'' She answered with a question

''That's not the answer I am looking for''

''That wasn't the question I expected '' She shot back angrily

Turning around I walked back to my chair and took it, moving my eyes to Raksha again. ''What bring you here Raksha?'' I repeated, but this time a little mellowed

''Do I have to look for a reason to visit you?'' There came another question

''No, but that stands for my house. This is my work place.'' I replied removing my eyes of her. A silence stretched between us and I didn't bother to break it off. I could hear her angry breaths.

''So, you want me to leave.'' She asked her face red in anger.

''I asked you the reason for the sudden visit.'' She stayed quiet and the answered with clenched jaw, ''I just wanted to visit a friend. But looks like he prefers other endeavours.''

I wanted to snap. There had been many instances where I wanted to shake her mad. Counting till 10, I controlled my anger and then answered, "friends have certain limits, I would prefer that my friends understand that.''

''Is that rule implied to all?'' She asked, her voice little choked

''No, to few. Who tend to forget their limits.'' The reply came straight from my mouth. She was huffing like a wounded tigress. I cared less, I know she is targeting Anjali and I won't let her or anyone do that.''

''You are insulting me.''

''You are insulting yourself Raksha and I don't understand the reason for your outbursts. You were all fine and good this morning, and now you barge into my office passing snide remark over my best friend.''

''What am I to you?''

 ''Whatever you are to me, it doesn't give you the right to insult my friend. I am not answerable to you Princess. And next time , please check for my availability before barging in.'' Ignoring her I went back to my work. She didn't leave, instead I heard the clicking of heels moving closer . Next moment she banged my laptop shut. ''You just can't be rude to me.''

''Why I can't be if you can go sarcastic over my friend.'' I asked

''Jordan said you guys are together and having a secret affair. He even mentioned Anika to be your child and it blew me off''

I smiled, ''Leave aside what Jordan said, why did it blew you off.'' She made a face at my question. ''Wow! A minute back you were so full of words and now you don't have any answer.'' I teased.

''I was just concerned. I didn't want anyone to take advantage of your goodness . You don't know these days even girls are too smart. They take advantage of guys like you...'' Her words halted as my eyes turned angry. Instead of stepping back she stepped forward, gently placing her palm on my chest over my heart she lifted her eyes to meet min, ''Adi, you are my friend and I care about you. I have seen betrayal in some of my closest relationships. Brijesh bhai and Pavan, I trusted them and they betrayed me in worst possible way.'' 

She walked away and stood staring out of  of the window , ''Its just not just about them. Its about my family. They didn't mind caging, instead of detailing me on the reason. And when I turned rebellious, they just labelled me as a spoilt brat.'' 

I pulled her closer. She stood facing me, her head hung low, ''I care for you and I don't want you hurt. You are the only sensible friend I have.'' 

I stroked her pink cheek, ''leave all, I love the sensible part of your words. Care for coffee.'' She nodded and I extended my hand. Which she took gladly. I guided her to the office cafeteria. She suddenly looked radiant. I don't understand why the hell she beats around the bush. If she has feelings for me, she can come clean with it. We had coffee and then she requested me to take her some where out. Informing Anjali, we left . Raksha mentioned a pub and I drove her to it. She hopped in excitement dragging me to the dance floor . SHe threw her arms around my neck swaying her body at the music. I was reluctant to keep my arms around her. She stopped, lifted my arms wrapping them around her waist moving a step closer, ''Dance like there is no tomorrow.'' She whispered leaning against my ear

''What got into you? You want to dance with me''

''You are my safest zone. I can be anything with you.'' She said those words with lot of trust in her voice. We kept swaying and then she leaned placing her head on my chest. ''I trust you Adi like no other.''

''I might take this as something else, aren't you worried.'' I teased. She always warned me against taking wrong signals. She just rubbed her nose over my chest. ''No, I know how to handle you.'' Chuckling I rolled her out and then in. We danced and then shared a small meal before leaving for our respective places. If she wants to take this slow. I am fine. When I dropped her home, she looked too reluctant to let me go, ''This weekend I will go on ride on Ivory.'' She chirped happily

''Its dangerous Raksha.'' I tried reasoning with her. She pecked my cheek, ''I am not scared, I have you.'' She stayed leaning on me a little longer, her lips moved to me jaw and then towards my lips. I caught her wrists pushing her away a little, ''Its getting late, you have classes tomorrow.''

''Adi, you are such a bore.'' Stomping she left. I just smiled shaking my head. Not that easily princess, you will have to confess out loud. 

Third POV

He watched them swaying in each other's arm, forgetting the world around them. My eyes were fixed on him. Him, his Royal highness Prince Aditya Ranawat. Once my friend and now my worst enemy. He took all I had and loved and now I am going to do the same. I have been keeping an eye on him and his eye candy for long. She is a royal too but naive for the real world. I have collected all details all her. Bought up in a protected environment, she trusts people easily. Manipulating her won't be an issue, but not now. Let her feelings grow to a level where there is no turning back and that's when I will light the pyre of their love story and then I will watch it turn into ash slowly . 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raksha tries to put distance between Anjali and Adi. 

Please do vote and comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55K 1.4K 38
When you have know someone for so long and have had crushes on them it's bound to happen.
111K 4.6K 29
π‘©π’π’π’Œ #𝟏 π’Šπ’ π‘»π’Šπ’†π’… π‘Ίπ’†π’“π’Šπ’†π’”. "𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐰𝐒𝐟𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐞" 𝐑𝐞 π₯𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨...
5.9M 272K 74
Sequel to Billionnaire's Ex Wife!! "I'm closer than you think. 25 years. You took 25 years of my life and locked me up like an animal. The day I'll...
259 8 8
read and find out, you'll love it.