The Dual Bender

By goldendragon225

Korra x Male Reader. There is a prophecy that came to be whilst the first Avatar, Wan was traveling the globe... More

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Chapter 2: Surprising Hero
Chapter 3: Awake
Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here
Chapter 5: Past
Chapter 6: Breaking Out
Chapter 7: Broken
Chapter 8: Pro Bending Finals
Chapter 9: The Unknown Power
Chapter 10: Phoenix
Chapter 11: The Return
Chapter 12: X-7
Chapter 13: Sky
Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 15: The End Of An Era
Chapter 16: Let Her Live
Chapter 17: Together
Chapter 18: Vacation
Chapter 19: Nightmares
Chapter 20: Captured And Sickness
Chapter 21: Lucifer
Chapter 22: Family?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: A New Technique
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: Control
Chapter 27: Fight For Her
Chapter 28: The Decision
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Aftermath Part 2
Chapter 31: Hell On Earth
Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?
Chapter 33: Rue Krauss
Chapter 34: Zagan's Return
Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge
Chapter 36: Training
Chapter 37: Toph
Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision
Chapter 39: Chelsea
Chapter 40: I Deserve It
Chapter 41: The Progressors
Chapter 42: Assassination In Zaofu
Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender
Chapter 44: Occurrences
Chapter 45: Valek
Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon
Chapter 47: Kuvira's Arrival/The Vision
Chapter 48: Good Luck
Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence
Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability
Chapter 51: The Battle
Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family
Chapter 54: The Universal Spirits
Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past
Chapter 56: Training The Instinct
Chapter 57: Kronos
Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance
Chapter 59: The Ancient Secret
Chapter 60: The Arrival Of Kronos
Chapter 61:The Arrival Of Hades
Chapter 62: Evening The Odds
Chapter 63: The Killer Of Death
Chapter 64: Apocalypse?
Chapter 65: Poisoned
Chapter 66: Taken
Chapter 67: A... Brother?!
Chapter 68: Victor
Chapter 69: Death

Chapter 53: The Awakening

1.9K 37 13
By goldendragon225

Your POV

Damn? I think I hurt my everything. I say, sitting up, wait...? Something seems off. I look out my window and see the sun setting, yet my clock says its 1:27 P.M. I get up and walk over to my door, but when I pull it, it doesn't open, yet when I push, it opens easily, my door had always been pulled up open from inside the room. I walk out and into the bathroom, and see that my pupils are F/C and my hair seems to be floating. What the hell is going on? Then I stub my toe on the corner of a cabinet, weird, I've never done that before, but what's even stranger is that I don't feel it... Oh, I'm dreaming, aren't I? I pinch myself, and sure enough, nothing, no pain. I walk out of the bathroom and onto the top of the stairs outside of Korra's house. And see Republic City, in the distance. I look back towards the house, and see it's not covered in ice. It's made out of red bricks. Then I see 3 kids playing in the grass, 2 girls and a boy. Then the scene shifts and I'm lying in a forest with a little girl standing in front of me looking scared out of her mind. Then I'm lying on a beach against a tree and the same little girl sails away on a small boat, as she gets farther away my eyes begin to close, until it's all black.

*TIMESKIP*

Korra POV

It's time, tomorrow is the solstice, he's finally coming back. For the first time in a long time I fall asleep peacefully, knowing that he's finally going to be back.

What the? I open my eyes and see I'm chained up in a place that seems oddly familiar. Then he appears above me... Amon. He reaches down, ready to take my bending away, but before he can I feel the chains slacken. I attack him and send him flying backwards. I look over and see M/N standing there with his claws against the now broken chain. Then everything fades into a snowy landscape, I'm lying in front of Vaatu, I feel so weak I can barely move. He charges a spirit beam and launches it at me, only to be stopped again by M/N. He yells at me to move, and as soon as I'm out of the way it rips by me. I look over and see M/N lying in a red patch of snow. Then the setting changes again, although this time, I seem to be watching it outside my own body. I see myself chained up and Zaheer standing before me, then M/N bursts into the room and starts kicking ass, that is, until he gets hit with the poison... I had no idea how much they had put in him... Then the scene goes in and out of focus, the next thing I see is M/N fly up just in time to block most of the poison from hitting me. Then I'm moved outside the cavern and I see Zaheer and M/N duking it out above, then something hits my arm, I look over and see it's blood. I look back and see the two of them standing in front of me, M/N has a puddle of blood surrounding him and has blood seeping from the sides of his mouth. Once again, the scene fades, but this time a new one doesn't appear... It just stays black.

You: "I Won't Let You Take Her Away From Me!" I hear M/N scream. "She was the first one since my sisters to truly care about me and want to help me..." "If I Have To Kill You All Then So Be It!!" "Please, please just let her live..." "NOOO!!" "I Will Kill As Many People As I Have To To Keep Her Safe!" "You Hurt Her... You Hurt Her!" "I Will Go Through Hell And Back If That's What It Takes!" "You Hear Me Valek!? I'm Coming For You! I Won't Let You Hurt These People!" "What's A God...? To A Non-Believer!" All these sayings... It's all M/N, it's all of his sayings about me or during a fight...

Raava: 'He will be confused when he wakes up Korra. You must ease him back into reality. Gaea has told me, she fears he's been in his dreams and nightmares for far too long... If he tries to do something to quickly, he could end up having a meltdown. Be careful Korra, when he wakes his limits won't be the same. He is very weak right now, Gaea wants you to take good care of him, she said he will listen to you, and you only.'

I sit up in bed, and hear a thud from downstairs. I get out of bed and walk down into the dining room, I see that two of the chairs have been tipped over and the placemats and all been shifted around.

Guard: "Hey!?"

Gurad2: "What are you doing?!" Then I hear some metal clanging, getting quieter over time. I walk out to the porch in front of my house.

Korra: "What's going on?" I ask the two guards. One of them points to the bottom of the stairs, and I see him, M/N rolling around at the bottom. "Oh my god! Did you guys seriously just let him fall down the stairs!" They both look at their feet. "AAHhh! Great, he's been up for 10 minutes and has already fallen down a flight of stairs! Nice one Korra, way to look out for him!" I scream as I airbend myself down next to him. He rolls over and looks up at me.

You: "Korra...?"

Korra: "Hey, are you alright?" I ask him.

You: "So..."

Korra: "So what? What hurts?"

You: "Stomach... So, hungry." Then he starts smiling, obviously trying to hold in a laugh.

Korra: "Ug! You idiot! What the hell?! I thought you were seriously hurt!"

You: "Awww..." I glare at him and he jumps back.

Korra: "Don't even start with me right now. I haven't seen you awake in a month and the first time I see you awake you're rolling around at the bottom of a flight of stairs! And then you have the balls to make a joke out of it!?"

You: "To be fair, it wasn't a joke I'm actually starving." He says chuckling to himself. "And you'd be surprised at what I have the balls to do." He says crossing his arms.

Korra: "Oh really? Do you have the balls to piss me off right now?" He puts his hands up.

You: "Ehhhh, that might be pushing it a bit." He says laughing. I turn around and begin walking back up the stairs. "Hey, come back here." I groan and walk back down to him.

Korra: "What, do you need help up?"

You: "N-, well, maybe." He says scratching the back of his head. "But that's not it... I missed you Korra... I, well, I had a lot of nightmares. About my family, and past enemies... I'm sorry I was gone so long..." He says looking down. "I, I never meant to hurt you... I wish I could have been there for you... I wish you didn't have to fight him, because of something I did..." He looks back up and I see a tear fall down his face. "I'm so sorry Korra, I'm so sorry that you had to get hurt, I-I wish I could have been there, if only I was stronger..." I feel my heart wrench seeing him like this, I do the only thing that came to mind. I lean in and kiss him, he seems shocked at first, but I feel his arms snake around my back and pull me closer to him. I wrap my own arms around his neck. We continue for a few minutes before I hear one of the guards clear his throat. I glare over at him and looks up towards the top of the stairs. I look up and see my parents and Katara standing there, all with warm smiles on their faces.

You: "Oh, shit."

Korra: "What's wrong? Are you embarrassed?" I ask him. He shakes his head.

You: "Am I gonna have to get "the talk?" My parents always said that if I ever dated a girl that her dad would talk to me about responsibility or something like that." What? I couldn't stop myself from laughing at his comment. He was so serious and scared about it. "Heeey... I'm serious."

Korra: "I know! That's what makes it so funny!" I say in between fits of laughter.

*TIMESKIP*

Your POV

1 Week Later

I stretch out behind Korra's house, I decided it's time I got back to training again. I start up slow but eventually work up to near full strength. That is until I hear Korra screaming at me.

Korra: "M/N!! What Do You Think Your Doing!?" She screams at me from the deck outside her room.

You: "Uhhh...? Training?"

Korra: "What did I say!?" I sigh and hang my head.

You: "No training until Katara says it's ok."

Korra: "Get up here! I can't hear you!" I groan and fly up onto the deck. "No training until Katara says. And that's final."

You: "Bu-"

Korra: "No Buts! You're going to hurt yourself if you train too hard too soon!" I groan and flop onto the bed.

You: "I hate this, I feel fine, why can't I-"

Korra POV

He stops talking and zones out mid-sentence.

Korra: "M/N? M/N!?" I run out to go get Katara.

Your POV

Ok what the hell? These sudden knockouts need to stop. This time I'm standing on a trail in a forest, yet, this place seemed eerily famili- Oh hell no. No way in hell am I turning that corner Gaea. Wake me up, now.

Gaea: 'No.' What the hell Gaea, why won't you? 'Face your fears.' Yea, I'm sorry but this one ain't happenin'. Then the forest and trail in front of me fade away. And I see the outline of a man standing in front of me, were standing on a cliff facing each other.

You: "So, I'm guessing you're the one who sent Valek?" It doesn't move or speak, but I know it said yes somehow. "So, you're Gaea's son then, Kronos, was it?" This time the figure nods. "So, I'm guessing you're going to try to kill me and Korra?" It doesn't move this time.

Kronos: "You may think you that you have lived through hell... But you have merely experienced a portion of it... I was born in it, molded by it... Your strength will betray you... Because the underworld belongs to me... And me alone... Peace costs strength, victory will be your defeat" Then the shadow disintegrates.

I open my eyes and see Korra and Katara standing over me.

You: "What happened? I feel like shit again." I say rubbing my head.

Katara: "M/N, what did you see?" She looks at me intent on getting an answer. I sigh and sit up.

You: "A badass. One that's going to kill us all."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 1.6K 25
。・:*:・✰ 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 . 𝗸𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝘅 𝗳𝗲𝗺! 𝗿𝗲𝗮...
45.2K 1.2K 18
Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. The four elements of the world. There was four nations. Each one named after their element but one nation wanted to be i...
18.8K 830 28
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...
4.8K 298 17
Story contains the Following ships: Aang x Kireina (oc) Katara x Yun (oc) Toph x Ronor (oc) Azula x Ty Lee, gxg WARNING: Occasional curse words, alth...