Finding Beauty

By SunkissedLeaves

Seventeen year old Mckenzie Canton is not pretty. At least that's what she thinks. Insecure and self-conscio... More

[00]- Coming Soon
[01] - Chapter One
[02] - Chapter Two
[03]- Chapter Three
[04]- Chapter Four
[05]- Chapter Five
[06]- Chapter Six
[07]- Chapter Seven
[08]- Chapter Eight
[09] - Chapter Nine
[10] - Chapter Ten
[11] - Chapter Eleven
[12]- Chapter Twelve
[13] - Chapter Thirteen
[14] - Chapter Fourteen
[15] - Chapter Fifteen
[16] - Chapter Sixteen
[17] - Chapter Seventeen
[18] - Chapter Eighteen
[19] - Chapter Nineteen
[20] - Chapter Twenty
[21] - Chapter Twenty-One
[22] - Chapter Twenty-Two
[23] - Chapter Twenty-Three
[24] - Chapter Twenty-Four
[25] - Chapter Twenty-Five
[26] - Chapter Twenty-Six
[28] - Chapter Twenty-Eight and [29] Chapter Twenty-Nine
[30] - Chapter Thirty
[31] - Epilogue
Author's Note + Possible Sequel
New Sequel Coming soon? Also a series?!
Finding Courage - The Sequel
Finding Beauty is having a Spin Off! [Coming Soon in Late 2019]

[27] - Chapter Twenty-Seven

909 49 8
By SunkissedLeaves

Before school was starting, I peeked into the window of my chemistry classroom to see Mrs. Rial and Kale kissing once again. I was bit nervous but I told myself that this had to be done and I couldn’t run away from my insecurities forever. Sighing, I pulled out my cell phone and took several pictures.

Once I was finished, I stepped away from the door and checked over the pictures. Some were them were pictures of them kissing aggressively and others were touching each other in an inappropriate manner. I scrunched up my face in disgust reminding myself that as soon as I was done with this, I will immediately take this crap off of my phone.

I slipped my phone back in my butt pocket and walked towards the office. Since there weren’t a lot of people here, I don’t think Kale’s friends were here to watch which is good. Thankfully, I didn’t bump into any of them.

Reaching the office, I noticed that the secretary at the front desk was typing away on her computer so I cleared my throat to her attention. The woman looked up at me and smiled. “Oh, hello and how may I help you?”

“Hi,” I greeted and then I cleared my throat again nervously. “I need to tell the principal about something I saw, it’s kind of urgent.”

“I see,” The secretary nodded, “but unfortunately he is busy right now. Do you mind addressing me about the situation and I’ll pass it over to him?”

“Sure thing,” I breathed and took out my phone. “It’s about Mrs. Rial; she’s having a relationship with a student.” I gave her my phone for her to see the pictures for herself and she looked through them.

Her face grew stunned and horrified, I understood completely. Before this all happened, I would never suspect this either. A moment later, she gave me my phone and took a deep breath. I think she was about to have a breakdown or something.

“Well, that is…um we’ve never had a problem like that before,” She murmured underneath her breath and she cleared her throat speaking louder and clearer. “I will address this to the principal immediately and may I borrow your phone to for…for evidence please?”

“Okay,” I replied politely with a nod and gave her my cell phone. “When will I get it back?”

“You can pick it up after school,” The secretary explained to me. “I’ll make sure I will address this matter before school ends, okay?”

“Okay, thanks.”

“No problem.”

And with that, I turned to leave. Taking a deep breath and pulling out my messy bun, I finally walked out of the office feeling more relieved than I ever been. Kale doesn’t control me and now he’s going to get the punishment he deserved! Hopefully, this ends the cycle of him dating girls just to cover up his secret because soon enough everyone will now.

This means that I may get confronted but I had to do this and I don’t regret it either. Walking back to my locker, I told myself I’m ready for whatever’s going to happen today.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

During chemistry class, Dean isn’t talking to me. And even when Mrs. Rial allowed us to work together for homework, he still avoided me. I told myself that I had to bear it, I should have told him earlier anyway. I just hope he’ll forgive me someday and with that, I ignored the pain and decided to just do my homework on my own.

As I quietly answering the questions, I looked up at Mrs. Rial and I noticed she was watching me intently. It was almost terrifying and I could tell that she was still pissed at me from yesterday. Well, it may seem scary to have a ghost as my teacher possibly a liar ghost, but she’d disappear soon. I was almost there; I just had to bear this too.

Once I was finished the first couple questions on my homework sheet and I was about answer the next problem, the door flung open which startled everyone. Suddenly, everyone including me turned their heads around looking towards the door. Two security guards and the principal were crossed the threshold and were now approaching the teacher.

They all looked very unhappy and I tried my best to calm myself since I knew exactly why. “Mrs. Rial, can you please speak with me in my office please?” The principal asked me he crossed his arms.

Mrs. Rial’s mood suddenly changed and I could just tell from her body language that she was trying to look calm and collected so no one would suspect a thing. “Sure thing,” She replied with a smile. “What is this about?”

“Oh, you know what this is about,” The principal snapped angrily. “Now, come with me and Gary you stay here and watch the class.” One of the security guards nodded and sat in Mrs. Rial’s chair while the principal, the teacher, and the other security guard departed the room.

As soon as they left, questioning murmurs invaded the classroom. What was that about? Why was the principal so upset with the teacher? What did she do? Did she vandalize his office? That doesn’t sound like her, I wonder what she did. “Okay, that’s enough class,” Gary the security guard hollered. “Whatever your teacher assigned you to do, complete it and stop worrying about our business.”

Ouch, that was kind of harsh but I didn’t really blame him. It must suck having a teacher date a student, it was serious. If they ever did anything, she could get arrested for it. Kale is underage still--he’s seventeen and I’m pretty Mrs. Rial is going to lose her job. However since I’m accomplishing so much, I don’t think she’ll be here to suffer those consequences since she really doesn’t exist.

Hopefully, it wouldn’t look too suspicious or anything, but I told myself not to worry about and just focus on completing my homework. As soon as I was done, the bell rung and I noticed that the teacher didn’t come back. Others must have noticed this as well but those questioning murmurs started once again.

I started to pack up and took a peek at Dean who didn’t look very stunned about the situation and had a sullen look on his face. Hmm, he must have known it was still me and he was still upset about earlier. I frowned, what I did was wrong and I didn’t want to forgive myself. But I had to, I was really sorry about it anyway and eventually Dean will know I meant it right?

As soon as I put my backpack on my shoulders, I was just about to leave the classroom when Kale walked right in and I immediately froze. I didn’t know why but yet I froze which wasn’t helping the situation at all. Thankfully, he was ignoring me and he walked up to Gary with a puzzled look on his face.

“Um, where’s Fan--Mrs. Rial?” Kale asked. “I was supposed to talk to her about my assign--

“Just follow me boy,” Gary the security guard replied to him sharply and stood up. As soon as Gary and Kale were walking towards the door, I immediately walked out of the classroom before them so I couldn’t face Kale. I guess I was worried that if he saw me, I’d get confronted.

I think I still will but I couldn’t beat myself on it, this was the right thing to do. It was a very bold move and I was proud of myself. I grinned, I was one step closer.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Wait, so let me get this straight,” Caroline said to me shockingly, “you told the office about Mrs. Rial and Kale?”

“Yes I did,” I nodded. “I know it was so unlike me, but I had to do it. Kale doesn’t control me anyway.”

“Wow, I’m proud of you McKenzie,” Caroline replied back with a smile as she patted me on the back. “I never knew you could be so bold and I guess I was wrong.”

“Well, not everyone is who they seem,” I told her with a shrug and she nods at this.

“I guess so,” She said to me. “Anyway, I have to go. I’m meeting my boyfriend at Sunni’s Sundaes. Nice talking to you though.”

“Okay,” I waved, “have fun.” As soon as she left, I walked over to my locker and put away my materials. Deciding that I should probably get lunch, I locked up my locker and walked towards the lunchroom.

Just as soon as I am about to open the door, I heard someone call my name. Swirling around, I noticed that it was Scott and Austen. This was it; they were going to confront me. I felt nervous and I slowly backed away from the cafeteria door trying to calm myself.

“So you told right?” Austen asked me angrily as he crossed his arms. “I thought we had a deal.”

“We didn’t,” I mumbled quietly.

Austen walked closer to me invading my personal space while Scott just stood there and watched. “What was that?”

“I said we didn’t have a deal. None of you guys control me!”

“So you told?” Austen asked me again.

“Yes, I did tell.” I said to him as I crossed my arms and told myself to say something bold. “And I-I-I don’t r-regret it either.”

“You bitch!” Austen exclaimed suddenly angrier and punched me in the face. Stunned, I tumbled backwards and landed on the floor. Austen suddenly pulls me up back up to my feet by gripping onto my shirt and pushes me back onto the floor.

Then, he got on top of me and went to punch me again but suddenly something shocking happened. “Wait stop!” Scott exclaimed apparently shocked. “This went way too far, you know what, I’m done with you.”

Austen suddenly got off of me and walked towards Scott. Pulling his shirt, he tried to punch him but Scott kicked him right where it hurts and he fell onto his knees groaning in pain. “Ah!”

Scott walked over to me and helped me up, “Come on, and let’s get you to the nurse.”

As we were walking, I wondered what changed Scott’s mind. I didn’t think he was actually bold enough to actually stand up for me like that. “Why did you…?”

He turned towards me, “I’m sorry McKenzie about everything. When I saw Austen hitting you, I realized how evil he and Kale really were. Dean was right, tell him I’m sorry too.”

“We’re not talking right now,” I blurted and then my cheeks flushed. Thankfully, the pain in my face was distracting me all of the sudden.

“Oh don’t worry,” Scott said to me. “He really cares about you, he’ll come around.” Hopefully and that’s when I knew that I had to take care of something. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 498 12
Cassandra has lost her mom then her dad in a way and now her boyfriend what else could go wrong? Also she is starting at a new private school as her...
539 7 18
Mackenzie Hollistery's life is filled up with boys, school life and being with the popular girls. She was unpopular and when she changed schools she...
55.7K 1.9K 33
Haley Wilder is an optimist and a 'Go With The Flow' type of person, not really understanding the need to plan her every step in life. All of this ch...
512 47 24
Meet Ella Marcus, a young inconvenienced teenager who became what she didn't want to be at such a young age. Meet Gabriel Jerry, a teenage playboy wh...