A Lifetime Promise

By yujexroo

Highest rank #1 in Romance Highest rank #1 in Historical Fiction (08/01/18 ⇢ 19/11/18) A normal high schooler... More

Announcement
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64: The End
Bonus 1: Fu Hanyu
Bonus 2: Qiang Jingyi
Bonus 3: Lin Xinglan
Q&A [UPDATE]
CHARACTERS
Last A/N + New Story

Chapter 27

31.1K 1.2K 148
By yujexroo

Rumors about the crown prince taking over the Prime Minister An's case spread across the capital. The crown prince's mood was dreadful, he didn't know who started the rumors but now he had no choice but to handle the matter.

He even complained to his mother Empress about it, and even though the Empress was not happy, she couldn't interfere with the Emperor's business. After all, women couldn't be a part of the court business as they had no say in it.

Lin Xinglan narrowed her eyes in suspicion, she stared at the black clothed man who was leisurely drinking his tea inside one of the private rooms. Although she didn't have a high IQ, she was no fool.

Having reading so many historical fiction novels, it was impossible for her to not have suspicious thoughts about the crown prince case. Naturally, she had heard a lot of rumors about the crown prince, most of them were bad rumors so she didn't have a good impression on that crown prince.

"Lan, I'm happy that you like to look at me. You can look at me as much as you want." Qiang Jingyi smiled.

Lin Xinglan with her still narrowed eyes, she said, "About the crown prince's situation... You, do you have something to do with it? I know you do."

Qiang Jingyi was surprised and couldn't help but be curious over how his Lan could figured it out.

"Why do you think I did something?"

She coughed awkwardly, "I just know ah."

Qiang Jingyi's eyes held admiration towards her, "Mhm, Lan is amazing as always."

When he said that, Lin Xinglan became dumbfounded and bluntly said, "How can you say that I'm amazing? I'm not as bright as you."

Qiang Jingyi gestured to her by hooking his finger up at her, while she didn't know what he wanted with her, Lin Xinglan still went up to him.

When she was close enough, her nose was pinched by Qiang Jingyi.

He chuckled, "If it wasn't for Lan, how could this lordship still be here in the first place?"

Lin Xinglan rubbed her nose, "You're over-exaggerating, this big sister did not do much. Only taught you the basic knowledge."

He saw how she displayed such an adorable act, it was unavoidable for him to hug her.

It had been a long time since Lin Xinglan referred herself as big sister when she talked with him, Qiang Jingyi was feeling nostalgic.

Truth to be told, he had no idea why she would refer herself as big sister when he was clearly the older one, yet she acted as if she was the one that was older. Perhaps it was out of an old habit, but he didn't mind it.

It was then Lin Xinglan realized Qiang Jingyi changed the topic on purpose, with a black face, she pinched one of his arms that were wrapped around her body.

"Don't think this big sister doesn't know what you're doing."

Qiang Jingyi sighed, as expected, he couldn't always deceive his Lan whenever he felt like. He thought she was sometimes too sharp for her own good.

"You do not need to worry about me. These kind of things, you shouldn't care about. Trust me."

"Who are worrying about who?!" She huffed, "I might be a girl but I'm actually interested over things you're doing! You know... Scheming against people, top secrets... Those kind of things..."

Qiang Jingyi was amused, who would had thought she had such thoughts inside her head. It was very obvious that she was worried about him.

"How would you know if I have any of the things you mentioned?"

She knitted her brows, "It's only natural for people like you to have top secrets. Even within the Imperial Palace there are amount of secrets everywhere. Like, how the newborn princes keep dying by some mysterious illness, when it is an obvious fact it was caused by the schemes between the Emperor's women. Who doesn't want their own child to succeed the throne? Women are really scary ah.
Also, even though the Emperor forbid anyone to have their own army, the powerful families still went against the rule. It's funny how they think no one knows they have their own hidden guards, it would be more shocking if they didn't have any. I am not surprised if there are secret missions no normal people should know about."

He only wanted to tease the girl a little but he never expected she would actually answer him seriously. However, that wasn't what he was caught on guard.

He narrowed his dark phoenix eyes and he shiftily pinned her down on the floor. As his body was above hers, his right hand held down both of her wrists over her head while his knees were between her legs.

Qiang Jingyi extended his left hand towards her chin and then held it with a thumb and index finger.

Lin Xinglan was so shocked when Qiang Jingyi suddenly pressed her down on the floor. She didn't know what she did wrong, she only told him the truth yet she felt like he let out a dangerous aura. Qiang Jingyi looked at her eyes with his, as if he could see right through her.

Lin Xinglan gulped nervously, she hated to admit it but she was a little scared over Qiang Jingyi's sudden act. No words could leave her mouth when her chin was held by him.

Qiang Jingyi said with a low, husky voice, "I think you're very mysterious, Lan. You talk as if the things you said was an obvious fact everyone should know. But it isn't as simple as it sounds. No ordinary person would think of things such as the truth behind death of princes were actually man-made. No ordinary person would casually think of having hidden guards. So, how could an ordinary common girl like you know? Not only that, the things you taught me when we were younger, those weren't things a six-year-old common child would know."

Lin Xinglan instantly widened her eyes as she swallowed a mouthful of saliva with difficulty. Somehow, she felt it was difficult for her to breathe. Lin Xinglan wanted to punch herself for having a loose mouth and a dumb brain.

How could she have forgotten that a commoner, let alone a young girl like her, wouldn't know things happening inside the Imperial Palace or anything related to the big fishes for the matter of fact!

She was definitely digging her own grave.

"Just who exactly are you?"

OH MY GOD! IS THAT THE SOUND OF THE GOD OF DEATH KNOCKING ON MY DOOR!? IS THERE A REWIND BUTTON ANYWHERE?! BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT I CALL SOS.

Despite her mentally messy and panic state, she displayed a very calm demeanor outwardly. When she felt she had calmed down enough, she began to speak.

"Jingyi, does it matter who I am? In the end, I'm just a common girl with no talents. My goal is to only live a happy life."

Qiang Jingyi saw there was no hesitation in her eyes as she calmly spoke with her soft voice, his lips curled in an alluring smile.

"En, you're right. No matter who Lan really is, you're my Lan and nothing else is important."

Lin Xinglan was taken aback, first he was being all scary and serious and now he was smiling. Was it possible the prince was bipolar?

She regained her consciousness and pursed her lips, "If you get it already, move aside! This position is very indecent."

"But I really like it..."

Lin Xinglan was speechless as her face instantly grew hot, "Y-y-you! Don't casually say things like that out loud! Do you got no shame?!"

When Qiang Jingyi laughed out loudly, she felt wronged, "Stop laughing!"

"I'm sorry, but Lan is just acting too adorable for me to handle." He removed himself from her before he sat down on the floor in a bewitching way.

Lin Xinglan snorted, "Whatever."

Later on, Qiang Jingyi promised Lin Xinglan that he would tell her everything some other day. Lin Xinglan didn't want to force him so she let him off, and casually waited until that day would come.

It was only when she was in her room that her back was full of cold sweat and her heart thumped crazily. This time she avoided the God of Death but she didn't know if she would the next time. If only her mouth was tightly shut, everything would go well. She acted so casually towards Qiang Jingyi that she accidentally spoke things that would lead him becoming suspicious over her identity.

Qiang Jingyi might had said he didn't care about her real identity, her heart still couldn't lighten up. However, when she thought more carefully, no matter how deep he investigated her, he wouldn't find any information about her transmigration and only as a daughter of two villagers that lived in a peaceful village.

Lin Xinglan finally let out a relieved sigh, this prince was making things difficult for her! She grudgingly complained over the unfairness.

Perhaps she would just spill out everything to him to avoid having developing a heart problem from all the panic and anxiety. Wouldn't that make her life easier? Of course not!

She was afraid he would think she was a crazy and deluded girl and even if he did believe her, wouldn't that make it seem as if she was a witch with unknown power? Or worse, a demon.

Lin Xinglan was determined to take her secret with her to her grave. If Qiang Jingyi ever found out about her secret, may life show her some mercy.

| |─‿‿─)🍵🍵🍵
IF I'M SUFFERING FROM (STILL) NOT DOING MY HOMEWORK, I WILL DRAG DOWN EVERYONE.

Ahem, yay, another chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 178 27
Hi, bookies! This is my new book that it about fictional and real guys that I fan girl over. This is almost all black coded and I can do a specific s...
920K 43.3K 77
[Completed] Yan Zi, a botanist and author, accidentally transmigrated into her own historical novel as the notorious villainess. She meets Xu Kai, th...
2.2M 60.6K 59
"Anyone you excited to finally meet?" she asked. "Harry Potter obviously! Then again, my dad does talk about this other boy a lot and from what I've...
14.4K 259 12
"Your so stupid sometimes," I laughed out, "You know you love me," Camilo said while pulling me close, the space between us quickly disappearing "May...