You Don't Know Me

By CammiKenny

Adam and Taylor Preston got married and had 9 kids. Eric, Summer, Matthew, May, Sage, Kevin, Devin, Marc and... More

N O T E
chapter one - football player puke
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
T W E N T Y F O U R
T W E N T Y F I V E
E P I L O G U E
N O T E
B O N U S

E I G H T E E N

37.9K 1.4K 409
By CammiKenny

You Don't Know Me

Chapter 18

Not Edited

~ Summer Preston's POV ~

"It's Christmas! It's Christmas! Summer wake up its Christmas!" I woke up to an entire army jumping on top of me.

By an entire army, I literally mean Eric, Matt, Anthony, Sage, May, Devin, Kevin and Marc.

"Why do you let them do this?" I yell over them to my parents who are standing in my doorway watching.

"You were the last to wake up darling. Family tradition" Dad laughed. "It was your mother last year"

Everyone climbed off, leaving Anthony bouncing on the end of my bed with a huge grin on his face.

"Go away" I groaned.

"No can do. Momma bought you something" He chucked something at me.

I looked down at it and then looked up at him and snorted.

Matching onesies.

Told you they were that couple. And they're trying to make us into them.

After getting changed in my bathroom, Anthony & I walked out into the living room.

Click, Click

"Mom" I groaned as she took pictures of us.

"I need to document this" She said and Dad snorted.

"She did the same thing while we were dating"

Everyone started opening gifts at rapid pace. It honestly looked like a Christmas bomb went off with all the wrapping paper and toys all over.

"Why aren't you spending Christmas at home?" I asked while opening a gift from 'santa.'

"No Christmas spirit this year" Anthony shrugged and I furrowed my eyebrows at the serious tone. "My parents are working and Harper's spending Christmas break at our grandmother's house"

"Oh" I nodded.

"Tony! Summer! Did you guys get each other gifts?" Devin asked with a big smile on his face.

"Yeah I did get her something actually" Anthony grabbed a small box from his back pocket.

"I got you something too" I say as I grab the wrapped box from the coffee table.

"No wait! I need to record!" Mom yells while trying to walk through the warzone that is our living room.

"Mom" Eric groaned from the kitchen with cookies in his mouth. "Stop being weird"

"Are you eating cookies for breakfast?" Mom crosses her arms and his eyes go wide.

"No" He ducks down.

"You can open mine first" Anthony smiles at hands me the box.

"Okay" I blush and start opening the box.

It was flat and covered in gold metallic wrapping paper.

I opened the box and gasped.

"Oh my god Anthony" I looked up at him with wide-eyes.

"What is it?" Matt asked.

It was a necklace with a gold chain and a plate that said 'Sunshine' with a tiny sunflower charm hanging from it.

"Look" I smiled and showed everyone.

"Oh my god. That's so beautiful" Mom zoomed the camera up to it.

"I feel stupid about my gift now" I laughed.

"Shut up. I'm going to love it" Anthony smiled.

"Here" I handed him the box and covered my face.

"Oh wow" He laughed as he opened it and I groaned.

"It's so stupid" I groaned.

"No I love it" He grinned and put it on.

"Aww" Mom squealed and I heard Eric fake gagging in the kitchen.

I got Anthony and yellow beanie with a tiny sun on it. I also got the word 'Sunshine' embroidered on it.

"We had the same idea" He gave me a lopsided smile and I nodded.

After we finished opening gifts and getting fawned at, Mom went into the kitchen to start cooking dinner. This time she did not make the mistake of letting Anthony & I help. So we spent the morning watching Christmas movies like Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas, It's A Wonderful Life & A Christmas Carol.

At some point Anthony put on Christmas carols and started dancing around the house with me. We looked so stupid. 2 grown people dancing around in Christmas onesies. I'm pretty sure my mom was recording us too.

I started helping the triplets build the Lego spaceship I got them at some point and let me tell you, it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life to get them this. We were 20 minutes into building it and there had already been 2 arguments, 2 almost fist fights and dozens of pieces missing.

"I was supposed to put that piece on" Kevin yelled.

"You were too slow" Devin shrugged.

Clunk!

And now Kevin and Devin were fighting.

"Dad" I yelled while trying to break them apart.

"Okay, okay. Stop" Dad grabbed Kevin off of Devin. "Go help your mother in the kitchen"

"But I don't want to" Kevin whined.

"Go" Dad gave him a pointed look and Kevin stomped off into the kitchen.

"Devin, go help Sage and May set the table" Dad said.

"Okay dad" Devin ran off into the dining room.

"Can I finish building the spaceship?" Marc asked.

"Sure you can buddy" Dad patted his back. "Want some help?"

I leaned back on the couch and looked over at Anthony who was sitting on the other couch playing with Sky.

He was so good with kids.

His eyes flicked over to mine and he smiled and I smiled back.

Did we just have a moment?

Oh god I was turning into one of those girls. You know. The ones that think everything that ever happens with the guy they like is a special moment.

I laughed to myself. That's funny.

"Dinners almost ready! Everyone go get changed into your nice clothes" Mom called out and there was groans coming all throughout the house.

"Why do we have to get dressed up to eat food?" Sage whined.

"We don't have guests" Matt added on.

"Anthony is a guest" Mom rolled her eyes.

"Anthony basically lives here" Eric snorted.

I went into my room and changed into the cute red dress I had gotten while Christmas shopping. It was knee length and hugged my body nicely. It had half sleeves so my arms wouldn't get too hot or too cold too. I put on some black flats and decided to do some light make up. Just some mascara and pink lipstick.

Dinner was good. We had all the classics. Turkey, mashed potatoes, candied yams, turnips, cranberries etc.

"Cranberries are disgusting" Anthony fake gagged from where he sat across from me.

"Cranberries are delicious" I laughed.

"Why am I dating you?" Anthony snorted.

"Hey!" I squinted at him and lightly kicked his foot.

That made him kick me back and it turned into an all out kicking fight underneath the table between all of us.

Finally it had to end because Devin kicked Kevin too hard and it almost lead to a full on fist fight on top of dinner.

"Alright everyone stop before I decided that you're all grounded" Mom said over the fighting.

I quickly moved my foot away from Anthony causing him to snicker.

"You too young man" Mom pointed at Anthony.

"I thought I was a guest Momma!" Anthony feigned shock.

"Eric's right. You basically live here and you're going to be my son-in-law soon enough" Mom laughed.

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrow.

"True" Anthony agreed.

"We're not getting married" I laugh.

"Are you saying you want a divorce?" Anthony exclaimed dramatically making everyone laugh.

"Yes. That's exactly what I meant" I roll my eyes.

"Fine. Eric c'mon. I still need to be Momma's son-in-law" Anthony grabbed Eric's hand making me burst out laughing.

"Get off of me" Eric snorted.

Dinner went on like that. Everyone making dumb jokes. In the middle of dinner, Marilyn showed up like every year. She grabbed a plate and sat next to me (and across from Eric.)

Everyone could see the chemistry between the two and it was amazing to see my parents poking fun and someone else other than Anthony & I.

"You know. Your mother was my sisters best friend" Dad grinned at Eric.

"Dad stop" Eric stared directly into his eyes like he was challenging him to say more.

"It's true. We weren't in a play together but we were partnered together in English to read parts of a play together" Mom continued.

"Mom" Eric groaned.

After dinner I gave Marilyn my gift to her and she, being the dramatic person she is, started crying. And she gave me my gift. It was a framed picture of us at homecoming.

Then my mom showed her the video of Anthony & I exchanging gifts and she started teasing us. So Matt showed everyone a video he took at play rehearsals of Eric and Marilyn kissing.

This Christmas was probably one of the best ones I've ever had. Everyone I cared about was happy.

a u t h o r s  n o t e

I think this chapter was really adorable! I hope you guys liked it! Less than 10 chapters left (if you don't include the epilogue.)

Don't forget to,

Vote, Comment and Follow!

c a m m i

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 7.2K 37
Alexandria Rose Solano is definitely not your typical high school girl. She hates dresses, makeup, and anything girly. Instead, she is known as the s...
574K 20.9K 28
"Matthew Preston? The kid who doesn't have any friends?" "Matt Preston? The kid who used to play on the football team?" "Matthew Preston? Don't even...
2.1M 47.8K 50
"Girls, girls, calm down! I don't want to get anyone else here pregnant!" He joked. "Anyone else pregnant?" "Are you saying somebody in this room is...
654K 28.2K 48
"In a house full of eight, disgusting, inconsiderate, illogical, and inconvincibly stupid older brothers, what's one more?" *** Alex has eight o...