nct imagines ♡ || hiatus

By kimbingbong

"youre my missing puzzle piece finally i solved it you filled every piece of my heart, even the scarred part... More

00 - requests
01 - mark
02 - taeyong
03 - winwin
#shamelessselfpromo
04 - haechan
05 - doyoung
hi
06 - ten
07 - jeno
requests closed
08 - renjun
09 - jisung
10 - jaehyun
11 - chenle
12 - haechan
13 - yuta
14 - jeno
15 - mark
16 - jaehyun & ten
promotion
17 - mark (1)
18 - mark (2)
19 - jisung (1)
20 - jisung (2)
21 - taeyong (1)
22 - taeyong (2)
23 - taeyong (3)
25 - mark x jeno
26 - haechan (1)
27 - haechan (2)
28 - haechan (3)
29 - haechan (4)
30 - winwin (1)
31 - winwin (2)
upcoming stories + reopening requests soon
please read !!

24 - renjun x haechan

1.1K 13 1
By kimbingbong

~~~~

requested
angst
1 part

~~~~

[ 3rd person pov ]

Love had never been an easy thing, especially for Renjun. He often found himself heartbroken, pushed to the side like he was nothing. He swore to never fall in love again. But then he met him. The man of his dreams. His name was Donghyuck and although not the sweetest, he treated Renjun like he was important. For once he felt loved, and that was all he needed. He got teased a bit daily but he didn't mind, he knew how Donghyuck was.

When they first met, Renjun was still recovering from a recent breakup. They had a class together and Renjun was too deep in thoughts, he didn't even hear the other male come up to him. Donghyuck saw that Renjun looked upset so he approached him in hopes of cheering someone up. Renjun was annoyed at first but when he realized Donghyuck was trying to help,  he let loose a little. He didn't want to trust this stranger so easily bu before he knew it, he was falling for him. He hadn't expected himself to fall for someone so easily. He saw Donghyuck's smile for the first time and he thought he was dreaming. How could someone's smile be so bright and...warm? He didn't know. But they ended up exchanging numbers, meeting up often as both liked each other's presence. Renjun was happy he had a friend to rely on now.

They stayed friends for a while before, to Renjun's disbelief, Donghyuck confessed. Renjun was touched but at the same time confused and scared. He wanted to trust Donghyuck but he didn't know what to do, so he asked him if he could wait. And of course, Donghyuck was okay with it. He had fallen for Renjun and a little waiting wouldn't change anything about his feelings if they remained close. 

A few months passed, Renjun was finally ready. He put his heart and soul into confessing and was relieved when Donghyuck said that he still loved him. They started going out and Renjun couldn't be happier. They both loved each other immensely and he thought he had finally found the one. They graduated together and years passed. Then, they got married on 17 June, the most important day to him.

Renjun was happily in love, yet at the same time too naive and oblivious. He thought that he could trust Donghyuck and failed to see what his beloved partner was doing behind his back. It wasn't until Donghyuck stopped coming home for months at a time did he realize. However, he was still very much in love with him and didn't want to leave him. So he suffered. He suffered alone for 2 whole years. 

Somewhere in between, he contracted a long term illness. 

However, he didn't have the money nor the means to get the treatment he needed. Even if he did, he would've refused. He didn't want Donghyuck to find out. He didn't have close friends either. Upon realizing this, his doctor, Jaemin, greatly worried about him. However, no matter how many times Jaemin pleaded him, he wouldn't budge.

That now brings us to the present, Renjun sobbing under the sheets. He was in pain, both physically and mentally. But nobody was there for him. Suddenly, the sound of the front door unlocking filled his ears. 

He knew that could only be one person.

Donghyuck.

But why was he suddenly back after 5 months? Renjun didn't know but he didn't want Donghyuck to find out anything about him either. Ignoring the excruciating pain and wiping his tears away, he made his way out of the bedroom to greet Donghyuck. Although, he definitely didn't expect to be met with a drunk one.

"Mark~" Donghyuck called out, lounging towards Renjun's skinny figure. Renjun could only sigh before wincing in pain as Donghyuck clung onto him. His heart ached. 

Mark. The same name he had called out in his sleep the last time they were together, 5 months prior. And probably the person he had been spending his last 5 months with. Renjun wondered why he had come back home.

With great difficulty, he dragged Donghyuck back into the bedroom. The older laid Donghyuck down gently before laying down himself. He was almost completely asleep when suddenly, Donghyuck hugged him from behind, the words he whispered with so much love it broke Renjun's heart.

"I love you, Mark~" Renjun let a few tears roll down his cheek. He knew he was getting hurt, but he couldn't bear to break it off.

The next morning, Renjun had realized that Donghyuck had left without saying anything. Renjun sighed. It was to be expected. He was now highly considering going for therapy. It wouldn't hurt, right? Renjun tried reassuring himself. He thought that since Donghyuck wasn't around much, he wouldn't be able to find out anyway.

It is said that once you start to look back at the brighter days of your relationship, your love is disappearing. Renjun thought it was true and he didn't really have anything else to lose. So, with his mind made up, he set off to the hospital.

~~~~

When he met with Jaemin, he told him that he would like to start with treatment as soon as possible. Jaemin was beyond delighted. Finally, Renjun had decided to go for it. Jaemin smiled reassuringly and nodded in approval. 

"Come along then," he told Renjun. "we'll start today."

The first few days were hell, with waves of excruciating pain clouding his other senses. But he bore with it. As days passed, he slowly got used to it. Occasionally, Donghyuck would come back home, his attitude towards Renjun being very on and off. On some days, he would care for Renjun but on others, he ignored the other completely. Renjun honestly didn't know what to think of it.

Days soon turned to weeks as Jaemin brought serious news to Renjun.

"I'm sorry Renjun, but I fear you won't be able to go on for much longer, even with treatment. You have until some time in June. Would you like to stay in the hospital?"

Renjun just smiles before shaking his head.

"No thank you, doctor, I'll be just fine."

Jaemin nodded, respecting Renjun's decision.

"Alright, if anything ever happens call for me right away," Jaemin replied as he smiled at Renjun before walking away to tend to the needs of other patients.

Renjun sighed. Jaemin already had a lot on his hands, he didn't want to trouble him even more. So he left back to his home.

~~~~

On the way back, he spotted 4 stray kittens in a box along the sidewalk. Fearing for their safety, he picked the box up and brought them back home. Maybe taking care of them could be a good way to pass the time, he told himself. He wanted to have something to do before he left this world.

As he entered the house, he was greeted by an angry Donghyuck.

"Where the hell were you the whole day? Do you know how long I waited for you to get back?" he fumed, his arms crossed as he glared at Renjun.

"And what is that in your hands? Do you seriously have nothing better to do? Taking care of some stupid kittens." he hissed as he pointed a finger at them.

"You better keep them out of my way of they're going out of this house," he said finally before standing up and slamming the front door behind him.

Renjun sighed, too tired to talk back to his husband at this point. He looked down at the kittens, a fond smile on his face. They were gonna be important to him and he knew it.

~~~~

Weeks had gone by and Renjun had not seen any sign of Donghyuck since the day he brought the kittens back. He had been taking care of them like a real mother and loved them. They seem to knew whenever he was in pain and would always snuggle up with him. He grew fond of them quickly but was afraid of what would happen after he was gone.

Maybe Jaemin will help me keep them, he thought as all of a sudden, pain overwhelmed him from head to toe. His knees buckled as he fell to the ground, coughing uncontrollably as the kittens mewled in concern for him. He quickly reached for his phone and punched in Jaemin's number, every movement causing a wave of pain in him.

Jaemin quickly picked up, his voice laced with concern.

"Renjun, are you-" but before he could say anything else, he heard Renjun utter a small 'help me' before the line cut off.

He swore as he quickly got his stuff and got to his car, driving over to his address. He looked at the date briefly. 17 June. So it's that time. He drove even faster, reaching Renjun's house in no time as he realized the door was unlocked for some reason. He peeked in and saw Renjun lying unconscious on the ground, the 4 kittens surrounding him. He picked Renjun up and was then on his way to the hospital.

~~~~

Donghyuck was in a particularly good mood today for an unknown reason. He parked his car before going up to their shared house. On this day exactly 2 years ago, he and his partner had gotten married and feeling unexpectedly kind today, he had gotten a pretty silver necklace for his husband. He couldn't wait to see the smile on his face.

He unlocked the front door, calling out for his husband. When nobody answered, he looked around the house before realizing that his husband wasn't home. Again. Just what the hell was he doing? He couldn't help but get angry again as he stormed out of his home, tracking down the location of Renjun's phone. Once was enough, he thought to himself as he drove off to the location.

~~~~

When he arrived, he realized he was in a hospital. He was confused. Why the hell was Renjun in a hospital for? Was he visiting somebody? If so then who? He couldn't get the thoughts out of his head.

He walked up to the front desk, not waiting for the woman to ask before saying, "I'm looking for Lee Renjun."

"Just a moment." the woman said, nodding as she went to check the records. A few moments later, she turned back to Donghyuck.

"I'm sorry sir, but Mr. Lee is in serious condition and no visitors are allowed at the moment."

Serious condition? What did she mean by that? He didn't know but he was starting to get angry again.

"No visitors? Excuse me but that man is my husband and I have the right to visit him if I want to!" he yelled, startling the receptionist. She panicked as she looked around.

"I'm sorry sir but would you mind keeping your voice down? This is a hospital and patients need peace and quiet to rest. Anyway, regarding Mr Lee, I'm terribly sorry for not knowing that you're his husband but I still need to check with the doctor if he's well enough to have visitors, please wait a while longer."

Donghyuck just nodded as he looked around, tapping his feet impatiently. Before he knew it, someone cleared his throat to get his attention. He turned around to be met with a man in a white coat. Probably a doctor then, he presumed.

"I assume you're the husband of Lee Renjun?" Jaemin asked, eyeing Donghyuck.

Donghyuck didn't know what was up with this man, he barely even knew the guy. Even so, he replied politely.

"Yes, I am. And you are?"

"I am Na Jaemin, the doctor who has been taking care of Mr. Lee for about 10 months now if you didn't already know. Which I doubt since you're his husband."

10 months?? Things were getting even more confusing to him.

Donghyuck just nodded.

"I heard he's in serious condition at the moment, will it be okay for me to see him?" he asked as Jaemin nodded.

"It's fine, however, it would be much appreciated if you could keep your voice down. Mr. Lee is in his final moments. Now please follow me."

Final moments? Now he was extremely confused. Was his husband dying and he didn't know anything? He shrugged it off as he followed Jaemin to Renjun's room. What he saw shocked him.

His husband, lying in bed and breathing weakly, multiple machines attached to him, the heart rate on the monitor beeping slowly.

"Jun..." he mumbled softly, however still loud enough for Renjun to hear.

Renjun opened his eyes as he smiled weakly at his husband standing at the door looking at him in shock.

"Hyuck..." he whispered softly. At that, Donghyuck quickly rushed to his side, one hand holding his as the other gently caressed his cheek.

"Jun...what's all this? Why didn't you tell me?" he said, tears starting to form in his eyes. "Why am I only knowing of this now, when you're already dying?!" he sobbed, bringing Renjun's hand up to his cheek.

All Renjun could do was smile back weakly as he replied slowly.

"I didn't want to interrupt your time with Mark...so I kept it from you..."

"Who cares about Mark?! I'm your husband! You should be able to tell me things like this!" He said, crying harder as he stared at Renjun, whose eyes were shining slightly.

"I know...but there's nothing we can do about it now...but can I have one final request?" he asked softly.

Donghyuck nodded frantically, he'd do anything for his husband at this point.

"I'd love to hear you say 'I love you' to me, just one last time. It's been so long since I last heard you say it..."

Donghyuck nodded again quickly opening his mouth to say those 3 words, those 3 simple words that were lost long ago.

"I-"

But before he could finish his sentence, a loud beep from the monitor interrupted him. He stared down at his lover in shock as Renjun closed his eyes, his hand falling from Donghyuck's cheek.

"No no no no, I love you! I love you so much!" Donghyuck yelled as he buried his head into the hands of his lover's lifeless body.

"shit...why didn't you let me say it before you left..." he croaked out, crying loudly.

As all this was happening, Jaemin was watching from the corner, shaking his head before getting the nurses to help with Renjun's body.

That was when Donghyuck realized just how much he neglected Renjun. He did love him. A lot. But he realized it too late. And now the love of his life was gone, forever.

~~~~

I realize every angst story I have always included death sjsjs anywAy here's a bxb story for yall today !! I have a few drafts saved at the moment so I'll be publishing them soon !! hehe thanks for all the support with this book, I love yall lots!

I really love them too :(( ❤

~kimchi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.8K 2.8K 66
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
31.3K 3.1K 60
A college going girl.. đź‘© She is sweet and innocent always helping others... A guy in her college... She was always having crush on him from the very...
53.4M 379K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
5.2M 45.6K 54
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...